Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (799274 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jazzyfire: 4:16pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hi everyone, have been silently following this forum but i want to submit my application first week in February, i just need some help on LOE , and options of family ties, if any guru can help , i will be glad, my wife is 2 month pregnant and she is already traveled to Canada earlier this month, should i include that we are expecting a baby in my letter ? i need help , if possible a sample of letter and list of documents i will need to proof my home ties

Thank you all
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 12:51pm On Jan 31, 2021
Hi Guys, pls i need some guidance on SOWP. I am a student in Canada. I want to apply for hubby to join me. Am i the one going to apply with my cic portal or will it be him applying?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by two4: 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2021
Eilenora:
Hi Guys, pls i need some guidance on SOWP. I am a student in Canada. I want to apply for hubby to join me. Am i the one going to apply with my cic portal or will it be him applying?
He has to create his own account
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by etjigger(m): 5:09pm On Jan 31, 2021
[quote author=Anndav post=98454440][/quote]
when i submitted my application, it says 17weeks but right now i could see 50 weeks. i submitted way long bfor this 50 weeks processing timeline. I have handed IRCC in Gods hand. im tired of this waiting without any info from them.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 10:41pm On Jan 31, 2021
thanks. pls what forms is he expected to fill.

two4:

He has to create his own account
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 10:43pm On Jan 31, 2021
please how does this work exactly? if i apply for him this way it may be faster yea?

Anndav:

Yes , use of representative form

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 2:01am On Feb 01, 2021
etjigger:

when i submitted my application, it says 17weeks but right now i could see 50 weeks. i submitted way long bfor this 50 weeks processing timeline. I have handed IRCC in Gods hand. im tired of this waiting without any info from them.

It's 47 weeks, less three weeks from the previous 50 weeks. It's to encourage you to keep on praying o , what you don't have control over hand it over to God .... It will end in praise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by milkytins(m): 2:16pm On Feb 01, 2021
Eilenora:
You can use ur own GCKey and create an application for him on ur account.
The system will ask u fews questions to generate necessary forms for you to fill and submit.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by milkytins(m): 2:26pm On Feb 01, 2021
Jazzyfire:
Hi everyone, have been silently following this forum but i want to submit my application first week in February, i just need some help on LOE , and options of family ties, if any guru can help , i will be glad, my wife is 2 month pregnant and she is already traveled to Canada earlier this month, should i include that we are expecting a baby in my letter ? i need help , if possible a sample of letter and list of documents i will need to proof my home ties

Thank you all
Is there any proof to show she is actually expecting a baby? If yes, it will support your application.
On home tie, submit your employment letter here in Naija, payslips and u must get a leave of absence from your place of work. Add any document for your properties in naija. And u must add her admission offer too with more than enough proof of fund.
Success.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by milkytins(m): 2:31pm On Feb 01, 2021
DeeWan:
As regards Proof of Funds for SOWP, does it really matter if the bulk of funds is in wife's account in Canada? Please note: His wife is on Study Permit and presently in Canada.
It doesn't matter provided you have your marriage certificate. However, it will be better if she can be d one to create d application for u.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by CimNosa: 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2021
Good day house,
I just stumbled upon this thread and I’d appreciate any information/advice.

My husband relocated to Canada January 2020 on a work permit. I applied for an open work permit February 24th. Biometrics and medicals passed on the 4th of March.
However, I haven’t heard a word from them ever since.
I applied for a visitor visa on November 2020 just to see if it would be faster but no show since then.

January 2021, I sent an email to IRCC requesting exemption from the travel restrictions on the grounds of reuniting with my husband but they replied and refused my request.
The reason they gave is so flimsy and I don’t quite understand it.
They said that though I am an immediate family member of a temporary resident, my reason for travel is not non-discretionary and optional. This is quite confusing as they stated in their website that traveling to reunite with an immediate family member is a non-discretionary reason for travel.

I sent in another request to them explaining further why I want to travel to be reunited with my husband. I am so frustrated and clueless about what to do next.
All correspondence from IRCC about my applications is a templated email. The last time, they said my file is in Nairobi but they didn’t give any further information .

Please any assistance on what to do next would be appreciated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 6:26pm On Feb 02, 2021
milkytins:

It doesn't matter provided you have your marriage certificate. However, it will better if she can be d one to create d application for u.

Thank you so much for your response. God bless you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
[quote author=etjigger post=98611657]
when i submitted my application, it says 17weeks but right now i could see 50 weeks. i submitted way long bfor this 50 weeks processing timeline. I have handed IRCC in Gods hand. im tired of this waiting without any info from them.[/quote

Good news process time was updated to 19 weeks today..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by milkytins(m): 11:52pm On Feb 02, 2021
CimNosa:
Good day house,
I just stumbled upon this thread and I’d appreciate any information/advice.

My husband relocated to Canada January 2020 on a work permit. I applied for an open work permit February 24th. Biometrics and medicals passed on the 4th of March.
However, I haven’t heard a word from them ever since.
I applied for a visitor visa on November 2020 just to see if it would be faster but no show since then.

January 2021, I sent an email to IRCC requesting exemption from the travel restrictions on the grounds of reuniting with my husband but they replied and refused my request.
The reason they gave is so flimsy and I don’t quite understand it.
They said that though I am an immediate family member of a temporary resident, my reason for travel is not non-discretionary and optional. This is quite confusing as they stated in their website that traveling to reunite with an immediate family member is a non-discretionary reason for travel.

I sent in another request to them explaining further why I want to travel to be reunited with my husband. I am so frustrated and clueless about what to do next.
All correspondence from IRCC about my applications is a templated email. The last time, they said my file is in Nairobi but they didn’t give any further information .

Please any assistance on what to do next would be appreciated.

1) Did you receive a medical request or you did upfront medical?
2) Has your eligibility review started? Or what is the status of your application now?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cyris: 6:14am On Feb 03, 2021
Hello all, any update yet?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2021
Update

Application approved yesterday
Submitted - April 2nd 2020
Medical passed - Nov 20, expired Dec 24 and was extended before approval yesterday
Biometric done in previous refused Application

We also got the travel authorization approval, I actually sent couple requests before we got this.

My spouse is PA and I'm on PGWP with an noc b job in Canada

We submitted the usual documents
Me:
Work permit
Employment letter and paystub
My soa
Letter of explanation
Marriage cert, Marriage pictures and change of to proof relationship

Spouse
Loa
Land cofo

I think that's about it, I wish folks still waiting all the best with their application

Ooh what a wait that is

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Skilad54: 4:58pm On Feb 03, 2021
Wow Congratulations!!!

May I know if the travel authorization letter was sent with your application or you sent it while your application is on? Do you think they won’t attend to applicants if the travel authorization letter isn’t sent to them or included in the application?

Mrtoke:
Update

Application approved yesterday
Submitted - April 2nd 2020
Medical passed - Nov 20, expired Dec 24 and was extended before approval yesterday
Biometric done in previous refused Application

We also got the travel authorization approval, I actually sent couple requests before we got this.

My spouse is PA and I'm on PGWP with an noc b job in Canada

We submitted the usual documents
Me:
Work permit
Employment letter and paystub
My soa
Letter of explanation
Marriage cert, Marriage pictures and change of to proof relationship

Spouse
Loa
Land cofo

I think that's about it, I wish folks still waiting all the best with their application

Ooh what a wait that is
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Skilad54: 4:59pm On Feb 03, 2021
Skilad54:
Wow Congratulations!!!

May I know if the travel authorization letter was sent with your application or you sent it while your application was on? Do you think they won’t attend to applicants if the travel authorization letter isn’t sent to them or included in the application?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by etjigger(m): 6:33pm On Feb 03, 2021
[quote author=Anndav post=98684680][/quote]
19 weeks wow... thats good news. i pray i get a positive reply from them soon. this is my 17th weeks of waiting on them.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 8:16pm On Feb 03, 2021
Skilad54:
Wow Congratulations!!!

May I know if the travel authorization letter was sent with your application or you sent it while your application is on? Do you think they won’t attend to applicants if the travel authorization letter isn’t sent to them or included in the application?

I sent it when the application was in process and I think applications aren't been treated if request for authorization isn't sent
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 2:39am On Feb 04, 2021
Hello All,

Can I please be guided on what the letters should look like, both from me and also for hubby. Each time I put pen to paper I get stuck. Also, please advise on the exact link and forms as there appears to be many variants of the work permit its a bit confusing. I am a student here with 2 kids. It has been just a month and I am almost going crazy already. Hubby needs to catapult himself here ASAP. Please help a sister out

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nochyks87: 3:03pm On Feb 05, 2021
send me a DM

Eilenora:
Hello All,

Can I please be guided on what the letters should look like, both from me and also for hubby. Each time I put pen to paper I get stuck. Also, please advise on the exact link and forms as there appears to be many variants of the work permit its a bit confusing. I am a student here with 2 kids. It has been just a month and I am almost going crazy already. Hubby needs to catapult himself here ASAP. Please help a sister out
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nelly190: 7:51pm On Feb 05, 2021
nochyks87:
send me a DM

Hello nochyks87,
Please I also need help with this, can I DM you also ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by CimNosa: 3:54pm On Feb 07, 2021
nochyks87:
send me a DM

Please I also need help with this.
My previous request for travel authorization was denied and I want to make the request again.
How can I get in contact with you?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by CimNosa: 3:55pm On Feb 07, 2021
milkytins:

1) Did you receive a medical request or you did upfront medical?
2) Has your eligibility review started? Or what is the status of your application now?

I did upfront medical.
My eligibility review has started and it has been on the status since April 2020
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by etjigger(m): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2021
Biometrics done. Medical not yet done. We are still processing your application, we will let you know when we start eligibility review.... Been 18weeks now that i submitted, when i submitted my application it says 17weeks to process but, now its taking more than that. the only mail i got from them was in late november, saying... we're still working on your application. from tht time till now.... Nothing. this wait time is really killing. I have decided to hand ircc over to God regarding my application. angry
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2021
etjigger:
Biometrics done. Medical not yet done. We are still processing your application, we will let you know when we start eligibility review.... Been 18weeks now that i submitted, when i submitted my application it says 17weeks to process but, now its taking more than that. the only mail i got from them was in late november, saying... we're still working on your application. from tht time till now.... Nothing. this wait time is really killing. I have decided to hand ircc over to God regarding my application. angry

You would soon hear from dem.. processing week is now 19 weeks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Favoured30: 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2021
My application is going to the 22nd week
My last update was in November 2020, medical passed. I trust God for the best. God will grant us victory in Jesus name!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:09pm On Feb 08, 2021
[quote author=Favoured30 post=98879171]My application is going to the 22nd week
My last update was in November 2020, medical passed. I trust God for the best. God will grant us victory in Jesus name! [/quote

Amen o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:02pm On Feb 09, 2021
Favoured30:
My application is going to the 22nd week
My last update was in November 2020, medical passed. I trust God for the best. God will grant us victory in Jesus name!

Processing time is 22weeks today. I think you should raise a web form, reminding them that you are pass processing time. It might really help your application
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by etjigger(m): 1:50am On Feb 10, 2021
What is really wrong with these people Processing time now changed again to 22weeks?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by etjigger(m): 1:54am On Feb 10, 2021
Anndav:
again?

Processing time is 22weeks today. I think you should raise a web form, reminding them that you are pass processing time. It might really help your application

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.