Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (799500 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 2:39am On Jun 12, 2021
I applied from Canada.

zurryland:
wow that was fast.i tap into this.i tried mailing you,pls check n help.
Pls did u apply from canada or still in naija?
What docs did u submit for wifey?
All the best..
I started my wife's SOWP last month, and in less than 10days, medicals uploaded, biometrics uploaded too, just waiting for final decision. I told God to bring wifey to me by July ending, and IT IS WORKING!

Be hopeful fam, seek clarifications when confused, it helps.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoFaithly: 2:43am On Jun 12, 2021
Well, as for me, I DON'T wait�. They will give her the visa shortly, and I will show it here. That is how it works for me. The highest is that, they will change policies that will favour her.

lightswitch007:

Thank God, Same here
I lodged on May 19
Biometric and upfront medicals done on May 23rd.
Biometric passed completed May 23rd
Medical passed June 7th
The waiting game beings.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 6:01am On Jun 12, 2021
SoFaithly:

Well, as for me, I DON'T wait�. They will give her the visa shortly, and I will show it here. That is how it works for me. The highest is that, they will change policies that will favour her.

haha I understand. What I meant by the waiting game is the whole eligibility process and approval. We'll all have Goodnews soon.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HonWise(m): 12:55am On Jun 13, 2021
Residentourist:
Good morning people!!!

I'd appreciate a response. Thank you.

It's not really a big one, based on recent happening,s visit visa response is moving but on a slow pace, your spouse may not be able to receive an exception letter with a visit visa (the only difference), but could travel only if things open up pretty fast.

On the other hand, will advise an SOWP not because he wanna quit his job but to be able to travel and come with the kids, he could take a month or 2 months leave from work, to travel and unite with family (leave reasons), file for SOWP with the leave intent showing his job and resumption as home ties, once he gets the visa, kids travels with him to you, he can go back to resume his job.

Hope that, helps.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:59am On Jun 13, 2021
But the principal applicant is your spose, right? I assume you meant you handled the application and submitted on her/their/family behalf from your place in Canada while they are still at home. Can you please clarify?

SoFaithly:
I applied from Canada.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yungbilli: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hi Nairalands,

Anyone here who applying or applied their SOWP application this year? Can you share your timeline please.
Thanks

My timeline:
May 12 - Application Lodge
May 13 - Biometric Completed
May 17- Ghost update
May 21- Upfront Medicals (sent via webform same day)
June 4 - Medical Pass (No email Notification)
No update so far.
Kindly share yours.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
Please when you mean write authorization letter, are we supposedto write an actual letter, or submit the enquiry for travel exemption form and attach the documents as stated on their website.

Stonehenge83:
Amen o. I think the approach now is to first write the authorization letter, get a positive response before submitting the application. Because application in recent times gets biometrics and medicals passed within 2 weeks. Let's hope for the best in all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2021
Please does this mean you used application from within Canada link?

I thought that is not a good option if the person you intend to apply for is not within Canada.

Please can you enlighten me.

SoFaithly:
I applied from Canada.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2021
You can apply from Canada for a spouse who isn't in Canada.
Mami1:
Please does this mean you used application from within Canada link?

I thought that is not a good option if the person you intend to apply for is not within Canada.

Please can you enlighten me.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 13, 2021
Does this apply only to SOWP or it also applies to Visitor Visa?
nowhere:
You can apply from Canada for a spouse who isn't in Canada.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 13, 2021
Mami1:
Does this apply only to SOWP or it also applies to Visitor Visa?
I'm talking about sponsorship only.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 4:44pm On Jun 13, 2021
My good people and gurus in the house, please help me with the enquiry below.

Lekiboboe, Justmellow, Frankrobbn, and people who had gone through the process such as ILoveDLord, Schonebaby, jaybaby2017, please how did you tackle the issue raised below?

Thank you for helping out.

folla:
Hello Everyone

Please I have a question that requires an urgent clarification.

My wife newly received a study visa approval, and myself and the children wish to travel to Canada as soon as possible. In fact, we plan to put in the application by next week. She is still in Nigeria and planning to travel in August for the fall intake. I plan to apply for SOWP, while the children will apply for study visas.

Meanwhile, in filling the family information form, she had indicated that no family member would accompany her to Canada. She had stated thus in order to use me and the children as home ties.

Now the question is: if the rest family members now apply to join her in Canada, would IRCC not consider this as amounting to misrepresentation? Could IRCC use the information in her family information form against us?

Do we have people here who had stated similar thing in their family information form, yet still got SOWP for the spouse and study visas for children?

Please do help a family!

Many thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Biodunjobi(f): 8:21am On Jun 14, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm currently studying in Canada, I landed in January then we applied for open work permit and visitor's visas for my husband and two children. Timeline so far�

Application submitted - Feb 14th
Biometrics updated - Feb 26th
Medical request for my husband - April 10th
Medical request for my children - April 20th
Medical passed & updated - April 27th and May 10th

The wait is killing but we'll keep trusting God for a favourable decision.

I pray for everyone of us that it will end in praise �
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2021
Biodunjobi:
Hello everyone,

I'm currently studying in Canada, I landed in January then we applied for open work permit and visitor's visas for my husband and two children. Timeline so far�

Has eligibility assessment started?. I can understand been far from hubby and kids.
I lodged on May 19th
Biometric completed May 23rd
Medical passed June 7th
I pray eligibility assessment starts this week.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yungbilli: 10:19am On Jun 14, 2021
Biodunjobi:
Hello everyone,

Thanks for sharing your timeline. I posted my timeline earlier...i hope others can share their timeline and we can share updates "if any" to encourage ourselves.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eilenora: 8:11pm On Jun 14, 2021
Hi All,

International student here with 2 kids (they are American so dont need visas)

Used them as home ties alongside hubs but still ended up going with them. Applied for written authorization for them but it didnt come in as at when we were travelling. Took the chance and today we are here. Landed Dec 29 2021.
Applied for Hubs (he submitted in Nig) March 15
Biometrics completed March 19th
Upfront medicals submitted with application
Medicals updated to pass after several emails and webforms May 19
Background check ongoing
Eligibility yet to commence
Applied for written authorization April 21
No update till date

Contemplating sending them an emotional email from here. Has anyoe done that and has a template to share?

I am honestly tired, it has not been easy being with 2 kids and schooling at the same time. Getting a job is more ambitious than reality. The rest, I guess we all in d same shoes so u feel my pain.

It will end in praise

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 9:44pm On Jun 14, 2021
Eilenora:
Hi All,

Used them as home ties alongside hubs but still ended up going with them. Applied for written authorization for them but it didnt come in as at when we were travelling. Took the chance and today we are here. Landed Dec 29 2021.
Background check ongoing
No update till date

Contemplating sending them an emotional email from here. Has anyoe done that and has a template to share?

I am honestly tired, it has not been easy being with 2 kids and schooling at the same time. Getting a job is more ambitious than reality. The rest, I guess we all in d same shoes so u feel my pain.

It will end in praise

It is well, God will see us all through.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Biodunjobi(f): 5:11am On Jun 16, 2021
lightswitch007:

Has eligibility assessment started?. I can understand been far from hubby and kids.
I lodged on May 19th
Biometric completed May 23rd
Medical passed June 7th
I pray eligibility assessment starts this week.

Eligibility and background check has started and yes I really miss them! Looking forward to PPR and I know God will perfect it�

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 7:11am On Jun 16, 2021
Biodunjobi:

Eligibility and background check has started and yes I really miss them! Looking forward to PPR and I know God will perfect it�

Thank God. PPR soon by God's grace. I pray my eligibility starts this week.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yungbilli: 10:28am On Jun 16, 2021
Biodunjobi:

Thank God that's progress...PPR coming soooon. Did you get an email notification that eligibility has started?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mummy4life1: 11:33pm On Jun 16, 2021
yungbilli:

Thanks for sharing your timeline. I posted my timeline earlier...i hope others can share their timeline and we can share updates "if any" to encourage ourselves.
What are the documents someone should submit with the application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yungbilli: 2:14am On Jun 17, 2021
Mummy4life1:
What are the documents someone should submit with the application?
Copy of student's study permit
Copy of spouse/partner's study/work permit, visitor record or visa (if applicable)
Copy of spouse/partner's passport (include bio-data page plus any pages with stamps, visas or markings)
Letter of Enrollment
Copy of marriage certificate or common-law declaration
Proof of funds
Letter of intent
Properties or Proof of Tie to home country (business, employment and so on)
Police Clearance
CV
Educational qualification ( transcripts, certificate and so on)
Birth certificate
Other supporting documents to proof your intent, proof to show you have enough funds to take care of yourself and family, proof to show you have ties to Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mummy4life1: 10:56am On Jun 17, 2021
yungbilli:

Copy of student's study permit
Copy of spouse/partner's study/work permit, visitor record or visa (if applicable)
Copy of spouse/partner's passport (include bio-data page plus any pages with stamps, visas or markings)
Letter of Enrollment
Copy of marriage certificate or common-law declaration
Proof of funds
Letter of intent
Properties or Proof of Tie to home country (business, employment and so on)
Police Clearance
CV
Educational qualification ( transcripts, certificate and so on)
Birth certificate
Other supporting documents to proof your intent, proof to show you have enough funds to take care of yourself and family, proof to show you have ties to Nigeria

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sapte(f): 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2021
Hello All,

Please am new here. How much do I need to show as POF for my hubby and 2kids to apply for SOWP.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeLads: 10:59pm On Jun 19, 2021
Hello @ Eilenora,

When you were travelling with your kids in December, did you purchase a return or one way ticket for the three of you? Also were you asked any questions relating to why they accompanied you at the airport even though you used them as home ties during your application?

I plan on doing same in the coming months so would like to hear from you before buying the tickets.

Thanks you.

Eilenora:
Hi All,

Background check ongoing
No update till date

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 8:39am On Jun 21, 2021
I received my GCMS note for Work Permit last week Friday below are my details:

My Timeline: 5th September 2020
Valid Job Offer with Nomination

Eligibility: Recommend Interview
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Bio Passed
Org Crime:
Medicals: Passed
Misrep:
Order req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final :
Counterfoil Req: Y

I remember that I didn’t submit work reference letter cos I submitted my application during lockdown. I only submitted my salary account statement of account, payment stubs and my trade certificate of competency.

Now my reference letter from my employer is with now which I want to raise a webform to submit. I guessed that is why my eligibility was recommended for interview or should I wait until IRCC requested for ADR
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:23am On Jun 21, 2021
muyiroro:
I received my GCMS note for Work Permit last week Friday below are my details:

My Timeline: 5th September 2020
Valid Job Offer with Nomination

Eligibility: Recommend Interview
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Bio Passed
Org Crime:
Medicals: Passed
Misrep:
Order req:
Info Sharing: Complete
Final :
Counterfoil Req: Y

I remember that I didn’t submit work reference letter cos I submitted my application during lockdown. I only submitted my salary account statement of account, payment stubs and my trade certificate of competency.

Now my reference letter from my employer is with now which I want to raise a webform to submit. I guessed that is why my eligibility was recommended for interview or should I wait until IRCC requested for ADR

Congratulations on advance
It means they are only waiting for a senior officer to give recommendation of approval

Recommend interview is a very good sign of visa approval
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2021
Anndav:

Congratulations on advance
It means they are only waiting for a senior officer to give recommendation of approval

Recommend interview is a very good sign of visa approval

Thanks boss
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=muyiroro post=102941935]

Thanks boss , do you suggest I should hold with my reference letter by raising a webform or I should still send it ? Though they haven’t requested for ADR
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2021
[quote author=muyiroro post=102943433][/quote]

Send any documents that can be of help to ur application..but am sure you are good...and just waiting for a senior visa officer remarks .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hayqinsbFX: 2:03am On Jun 22, 2021
l
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by abbyode(m): 5:30am On Jun 22, 2021
Eilenora:
Hi All,

Background check ongoing
No update till date

It will end in praise
Your kids sure don't need visas but you need to apply for visitor records for them so they don't go out of status. Legally speaking, they can't stay more than 6 months with their US passports except you got visitor record for them at the point of entry. Please take note.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: abbey1986(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.