Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803978 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justicia: 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2017
ajaokabir:

How do I link my paper app online please?
open an online ccount. in your account you will see the link to link your paper application. I have not succeeded in linking mine though, i dont know why my app cannot be found. but go ahead with urs. Safe!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by onegoodturnday: 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello House ,we are a young couple with no kids yet. In your candid opinion, I need your advise.

I am about applying for a postgraduate dip that will take 2 years. Will you advise that I go ahead or just take my time and apply for express entry with my wife?

I am asking because most people in here are quite experienced .

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kasco2pro: 5:44pm On Feb 20, 2017
So I checked my wife's email this morning and I received message from cic after 6months 4 days since biometrics. I checked her profile and she's asked to provide medicals again. And a medical report form which shows her bio info. is included in their message
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
Please let her go and do it again. Same thing happened to Edoblakky. So they won't have any reason to deny her. It's well
kasco2pro:
So I checked my wife's email this morning and I received message from cic after 6months 4 days since biometrics. I checked her profile and she's asked to provide medicals again. And a medical report form which shows her bio info. is included in their message
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 10:06pm On Feb 20, 2017
This depends on if you meet the Express Entry requirement. Since you are married, you may need about 3 years work experience, good IELTS result (for you and/or your wife), and your age group. Those are just the basics. Please check the Express Entry forum for more info:

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled

onegoodturnday:
Hello House ,we are a young couple with no kids yet. In your candid opinion, I need your advise.

I am about applying for a postgraduate dip that will take 2 years. Will you advise that I go ahead or just take my time and apply for express entry with my wife?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 2:42am On Feb 21, 2017
Use this tool to check how much score you can get
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Last draw was 447 I hear say them go reach 350 at some point this year, so no loose hope if your point no plenty
I will encourage you to continue writing the English test until you get the best scores.

onegoodturnday:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 12:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
That's the best surprise I've got this year. Thanks so much
damisakin:
No statement at all from Both sides. No employment related documents at all. We had previously applied 4times for Canada visiting visa with work related document so we decided to keep this simple as possible
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lekan282: 1:05pm On Feb 21, 2017
this people keep increasing the processing time every week embarassed sad cry

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Wow !!
lekan282:
this people keep increasing the processing time every week embarassed sad cry
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 12:10am On Feb 22, 2017
Please I want to confirm if anyone that applied via paper route has gotten response within 6 weeks starting from January.

Sent from my Nokia 3310.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 7:41am On Feb 22, 2017
These people self undecided
What about us that applied in July

kasco2pro:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ell707: 7:48am On Feb 22, 2017
Mbogi:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ell707: 7:49am On Feb 22, 2017
Mbogi:

They are just picking people randomly. I wouldn't be surprised if they bounce back to February lol.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 22, 2017
paparazzi1987:
Please I want to confirm if anyone that applied via paper route has gotten response within 6 weeks starting from January.

Sent from my Nokia 3310.

I have seen someone on this thread that applied on the 6th of December via paper route and got medical mail on the 21st of same month. Nothing is impossible.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by osayukiigbe: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2017
good morning all

Am a nurse here in Nigerian , how do I apply for canda work permit with my husband an 2kids . I need urgent answer thank
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sarang(f): 6:10am On Feb 23, 2017
Hy everyone
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
You need a job offer that is supported with LMIA.
But why border for work permit if you can qualify for express entry
The secret to express entry is to continue writing the English test until you get the best result.
PR on Express entry is even faster than this open work permit

osayukiigbe:
good morning all

Am a nurse here in Nigerian , how do I apply for canda work permit with my husband an 2kids . I need urgent answer thank
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by damisakin(f): 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
SOWP
Date of app Mar 15 2016
Medical call Jan 27 2017
Medical done Feb 3rd passed Feb 7
Passport request Feb 16 2017
Passport submitted Feb 17
Application closed and approved Feb 23 2017
U are next IJN

8 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2017
damisakin:
SOWP
Date of app Mar 15 2016
Medical call Jan 27 2017
U are next IJN

Congrats!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 6:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
damisakin:
SOWP
Date of app Mar 15 2016
Medical call Jan 27 2017
U are next IJN

Wow, congrats. Thats almost a year
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kasco2pro: 7:03pm On Feb 23, 2017
Option 2. Take your time and apply for express entry. Try to score clb 10 in your English test or min 9 in your IELTS test to boost your point and if your have min 3years work experience in Nigeria the better. Having your PR will mean you pay about half the tuition fees. So it's good to wait except you want to take the other route which will cost you more
Mbogi:
Use this tool to check how much score you can get
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Last draw was 447 I hear say them go reach 350 at some point this year, so no loose hope if your point no plenty
I will encourage you to continue writing the English test until you get the best scores.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
Latest score is 441 as at yesterday
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 8:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
Amen!!! Congratulations... That was a long wait I thank God it ended in praise finally. Oya pack your bags...
damisakin:
SOWP
Date of app Mar 15 2016
Medical call Jan 27 2017
U are next IJN
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 6:45am On Feb 24, 2017
Congrats madam
damisakin:
SOWP
Date of app Mar 15 2016
Medical call Jan 27 2017
U are next IJN
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yettyopy(f): 8:26pm On Feb 24, 2017
Congratulations.
damisakin:
Finally here to share my good news at 11months and 1day plus the greatest wedding anniversary gift ever.
After 4 visiting visa refusal. 1 usa refusal. 2 SA refusal
SOWP
Date of app Mar 15 2016
Medical call Jan 27 2017
Passport request Feb 16 2017 6am
Document
App form
Family information
Pass biodata
Photo
Letter of explanation include letter from hubby and me
Mjnarriage certificate
Pictures
My study permit, my letter from school, visa page
One land document
No bank statement
A little about me been in Canada for about 7 years
Finished first degree doing another
Married in 2015
Yea the wait is finally over
Our case patience is virtue
We did many things in between but didn't work out
My pleasant surprise indeed God is great
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 25, 2017
Please i have a question. If one already submitted SOWP application and later got Invitation to Apply via Express Entry, what should one do? Can one have two applications simultaneously?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 5:37pm On Feb 25, 2017
Yes you can because they are two different categories: Temporary and Permanent.

jumman:
Please i have a question. If one already submitted SOWP application and later got Invitation to Apply via Express Entry, what should one do? Can one have two applications simultaneously?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by arrJay(f): 9:55pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hi everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now.. My husband was given his study visa in January 2017,and i am supposed to apply for SOWP. Now my question is i am working in a new company and will the duration of work not be a barrier? As i have only soent two months.. Or should i apply using my old place pf work since i have a relationship with my old boss.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kasco2pro: 1:48pm On Feb 28, 2017
No ma'am, you can include in your application recommendation letter from your previous work with job letter and payslips from your present work. employment will count as ties to Nigeria.
arrJay:
Hi everyone. I have been following this thread for a while now.. My husband was given his study visa in January 2017,and i am supposed to apply for SOWP. Now my question is i am working in a new company and will the duration of work not be a barrier? As i have only soent two months.. Or should i apply using my old place pf work since i have a relationship with my old boss.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 01, 2017
good morning, I need the link to download the open work permit application form. am single, please I need ur help asap. thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 7:01pm On Mar 01, 2017
oduzbaba89:
good morning, I need the link to download the open work permit application form. am single, please I need ur help asap. thanks
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1295E.pdf
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by suziee83: 12:11am On Mar 02, 2017
iamosamede55:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM1295E.pdf

Hello guys, I am presently in Canada studying and want my husband to apply for the spousal open work permit from Nigeria. Please is this from the same for Spousal Open Work Permit? Also are there any implication of not having properties to support his application? Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.