Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,886 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (385) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (805334 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 8:46pm On Apr 26
abousanogo83:
Applied for work permit Jan 20.
Request for medicals after 3 days.
Biometrics on file already from visiting visa.
Medicals updated as passed since Feb 20.
Stuck in processing background checks.

Any advice ?

They have concluded your application, the final decision will drop any time from now. That background check has since been completed. You can send a webform to remind/nudge the VO to give the final decision.

Since you were requested to provide medicals, then your PPR is 95% certain.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sommysommy062: 9:31pm On Apr 26
@bobomaigida, I applied for my spouse for Outland SOWP with my study permit extension on February 3rd using my IRCC account, i have been approved of mine since early march , but no update on his own, just medicals updated since march 14th. It’s over 12weeks now, i am concerned , any idea of what might be going on? Send email and web forms multiple times, no reply
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 11:19am On Apr 27
Sommysommy062:
@bobomaigida, I applied for my spouse for Outland SOWP with my study permit extension on February 3rd using my IRCC account, i have been approved of mine since early march , but no update on his own, just medicals updated since march 14th. It’s over 12weeks now, i am concerned , any idea of what might be going on? Send email and web forms multiple times, no reply

Involve the MP in your riding, they will take it up with IRCC or you can call IRCC to get the update.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Educhopper(m): 3:35pm On Apr 27
Yes I think you should relax and wish for the best. In my case of TRV application, my eligibility only changed when there was a decision on my passport request and subsequent collection.
Goodluck!
Bobomaigida:

I think you should relax, they will issue decisions on all pending applications same day, I suspect the VO has not returned to the application to finalize it bearing in mind that he/she has done the major part on the application. SO just be hopeful. It will end in good news.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Educhopper(m): 3:37pm On Apr 27
Yes I think you should relax and wish for the best. You have done your part.
In my case of TRV application, my eligibility only changed when there was a decision on my passport request and subsequent collection.
Goodluck!
Ethanuella:
Hello everyone, I am a bit worried.

I am a masters degree student. I applied for sowp for my spouse and sp and vv for my kids using spouses’ account. On the 24th of march, eligibility review started and I received a message to provide my own pof, and was given 7 days to provide it. I was told that the sowp application will be placed on hold till I provide it. I uploaded the required document on the 26th of March.

Pls note that I provided bank statements of spouse containing more than required Pof, but mine was requested alongside.

Ever since I uploaded the doc requested, it’s stuck at “we are currently reviewing your eligibility “, and the section for the additional document reads “the documents requested have been uploaded”

It’s beginning to look like my family application is still on hold, as they have not started reviewing the additional document. It’s been 2 weeks since I uploaded it. I have also sent countless web forms and emails to no avail.

Should I really be worried? Medicals completed already, and this eligibility stage is the only incomplete evaluation. It’s been 2.5 weeks since the eligibility review started

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Educhopper(m): 3:39pm On Apr 27
Congratulations!
Felicitaciones!!!
🥳
MarcMax:

Thanks a lot Bobomaigida. PPR just dropped.
Timeline for everyone seeking encouragement
Student Application - June 19, 2023
Student Biometrics - July 4, 2023
Student PPR - July 13, 2023
Married - Oct 14, 2023
Student Arrived Canada - Dec 27, 2023
Spouse Application - Jan 23, 2024
Spouse Biometrics - Feb 5, 2024
Spouse Medical (updated after email) - Apr 6, 2024
Spouse PPR - Apr 17, 2024

Good luck and God bless you all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ethanuella: 5:03pm On Apr 27
Educhopper:
Yes I think you should relax and wish for the best. You have done your part.
In my case of TRV application, my eligibility only changed when there was a decision on my passport request and subsequent collection.
Goodluck!

Good news! They have been approved.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by doreesy4k(f): 8:50pm On Apr 27
Airport pick-up on your arrival at Pearson International Airport Toronto.

Call +1548, 577 4202 or email us at steelbaseresources@gmail.com.
Our mini van is perfect for 6 passengers, more luggage space up 10 units of 23k.
Our services include:
Airport pick-up & drop-off*
moving and relocation*
Inter city transport within Ontario*

Allow us to worry about moving your family and property to your new house. https:///HufFMbRQO7y1aUXzgNna4N

Thank you for anticipated patronage. 🤝
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ethanuella: 11:30pm On Apr 27
PPR

Sowp, sp, and vv for my family. I’m an intl student

Applied 15th march
Upfront medical updates 20th march
Biometrics 22nd march
ADR March 24 (my proof of income/pof) as I stated that I already found a job

Then the wait. The ADR was uploaded but wasn’t reviewed

I sent emails, web form, etc to no success. Mailed the MP and she suggested I wait since my application hasn’t passed the processing time.

I would wake up at 3:15am (9:15 Nairobi time) to send them emails every day for 3 days. The same copy and paste email (very emotional).

The 3rd day of sending emails - APRIL 22, ADR was reviewed. The next day, PPR. Thank God!

PPR APRIL 23

Docs submitted

Spouse statement of account and mbs
Property valuation doc
Car doc
Receipts of gold jewelries
Copy of spouse contract letters
Copy of company docs
Family picture
WhatsApp chat with my first child, where he told me he misses me
Police clearance
Screenshot of video calls with my kids, particularly where they are crying
A picture of me in class with my classmates
A picture of me with my lecturer (I also mentioned his name and put his school email)
A picture of me receiving an award in school, with the school image and insignia boldly behind
Sch fees receipt
Enrollment letter
Spouse pictures with siblings and parents, including their id
Future monies to be received
Admission letter for my 6 year old child
Marriage cert
Birth cert
Pictures of our family dog
I also included my house address, my official school email, my supervisor phone no and my place of work in my LOE.
I also emphasized that my kids are very very young. I stated their individual ages.

Meanwhile, I arrived Canada 2nd of Jan, 2024

My application submitted Oct 24, 2023
Approved November 15, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adeyemi84(m): 9:17am On Apr 28
Greetings ,
Gurus in the house please help me out, I need list of some DLI universities in Toronto that accept 2.2 or neighboring provinces where student can school and get work at least and Hustle cos have got persons in conestoga Kitchener and Waterloo that told me Theirs is no job in those communities ..lots of complains are actually coming from those communities that students were stranded with no job syndrome …so I was advised to check cities like Toronto if am applying for schools..In a nutshell I need schools (universities) that’s accept 2.2 for graduate programs and some nice programs one Can do that’s not expensive and. Time consuming …thanks in advance I will be here …
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kemsey: 10:29pm On Apr 29
Hello house, got a job and an immigration lawyer hired by the company applied on my behalf, though he asked for some documents in which I submitted , but still yet to hear from IRCC since the application has been submitted in which it's going to 10weeks now since the application has been submitted, please i want to ask if i should be expecting good news.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 9:50am On Apr 30
Kemsey:
Hello house, got a job and an immigration lawyer hired by the company applied on my behalf, though he asked for some documents in which I submitted , but still yet to hear from IRCC since the application has been submitted in which it's going to 10weeks now since the application has been submitted, please i want to ask if i should be expecting good news.

10 weeks is the average processing time, just give it some patience.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 5:16pm On Apr 30
[quote author=Kemsey post=129702165]Hello house, got a job and an immigration lawyer hired by the company applied on my behalf, though he asked for some documents in which I submitted , but still yet to hear from IRCC since the application has been submitted in which it's going to 10weeks now since the application has been submitted, please i want to ask if i should be expecting good news.[/quote

Give it some time ( i know the wait is not easy) am in my week 11 , and i haven't hear from them i sent a reminder through a webform but was told my application is in process
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Benlaw19: 8:18am On May 03
Good morning bosses in the house. I have been following every ideas and guidelines here so far and I’m so glad for all your help.

I’m currently applying for my study permit and my wife SOWP. Right now I am stuck with my wife’s application.

I don’t know if I am to choose visitor/super visa or Work permit for her.
When I pick work permit it’s showing me if I am H1b applicant or not sure I have attached the pictures.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by abousanogo83: 1:47pm On May 03
Bobomaigida:

They have concluded your application, the final decision will drop any time from now. That background check has since been completed. You can send a webform to remind/nudge the VO to give the final decision.

Since you were requested to provide medicals, then your PPR is 95% certain.

Thank you. I sent a webform 4 days ago and I got a mail this morning and it was denial. Though I’m presently on a visit to Canada. Do you think I should request for gcms note?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 4:50pm On May 03
abousanogo83:

Thank you. I sent a webform 4 days ago and I got a mail this morning and it was denial. Though I’m presently on a visit to Canada. Do you think I should request for gcms note?

What was the reason for denial?

Yes, you can request for the notes. This is unsual.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Papa93: 2:56pm On May 04
[quote author=Papa93 post=129222625]

PPR finally in.
Medical updated on April 29 as passed for SOWP and VV after a web form and a couple of mails were sent.
PPR dropped today.
Thankful.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 1:56am On May 05
Congrats.

[quote author=Papa93 post=129781417][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 2:04am On May 05
So I saw an interesting thing today in IRCC portal maybe its new or I am the one that hasnt checked very well before now.

I have always argued that College students who have PGWP cannot bring in their spouse with SOWP but I saw an interesting side today checking through the conditions again especially the bolded below that referenced those with PGWP (under which a College graduants can fall under).

"-Family members of high-skilled workers
1. Proof of your relationship to the principal applicant
2. Proof that the principal applicant can or will be legally authorized to work in Canada
3. Proof that the principal applicant can work in Canada for at least 6 months after we receive the family member’s work permit application
4. Proof that the principal applicant is or will be working in an occupation in TEER category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the National Occupation Classification system

For most open work permit holders, such as those under the PGWP program or International Experience Canada, the proof should be a letter from the principal foreign worker’s current employer that shows.

their employment details
their occupation
a description of their duties
the NOC or TEER category their job is classified under or a copy of the letter of offer of employment."

so from the above, it means that College graduants who are able to progress to PGWP visa and land a professional job can get there spouse SOWP so far there job lies within the professional NOC TEER Category 0-3.

Please disregard my earlier posts and I do apologise if I have made some peeps resigned to fate anout College route, I acknowledge my error and I am resharing again.

I would love to see those whose SOWP application journey were cut off by the exemption of College, try this path of PGWP if there spouse are able to get professional job.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 7:19am On May 05
So while spouse of Masters students, professional Degrees students and students enrol in a student provincial route can apply for SOWP once there spouse have study admission/processing of student Provincial program, the spouse of college student must wait till the College students graduates, obtains a PGWP and he or she has an offer of employment in a NOC Teer 0-3 classified job that will last six month after there spouse have applied for SOWP, then the college worker spouse can be considered for SOWP under spouse of skilled worker.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kunfu(m): 10:22am On May 05
Congratulations brother
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 4:11pm On May 05
Congratulations, pls share timeline

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 8:44pm On May 05
What programme are you applying for? College, PGD, Masters, PHD or Professional Degree>

Benlaw19:
Good morning bosses in the house. I have been following every ideas and guidelines here so far and I’m so glad for all your help.

I’m currently applying for my study permit and my wife SOWP. Right now I am stuck with my wife’s application.

I don’t know if I am to choose visitor/super visa or Work permit for her.
When I pick work permit it’s showing me if I am H1b applicant or not sure I have attached the pictures.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 4:15pm On May 06
Good afternoon house.

I submitted work permit application on the 14th of February and i have not heard anything from them

Pls is there anyone that submitted around that time and is still waiting like me

I want to know if it is time to start daily webform mani
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Papa93: 5:09pm On May 06
Anndav:

Congratulations, pls share timeline

Thank you.
Submitted: 12-02-2024
Biometric: 11-03-2024
Upfront Medical Updated-29-04-24 (after mails and webforms sent)
PPR- 04-05-24
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kunfu(m): 12:29pm On May 07
Anndav:
Good afternoon house.

I submitted work permit application on the 14th of February and i have not heard anything from them

Pls is there anyone that submitted around that time and is still waiting like me

I want to know if it is time to start daily webform mani
Have you received any update yet from them?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 5:17pm On May 07
Noo

Infact my application profile is just showing.. background check in progress

And nothing else

I sent webform they said application is in progress and sending multiple webform will not cause the application to be expediated

Kunfu:

Have you received any update yet from them?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ianian: 7:45pm On May 07
Teer 4 and 5 is also allowed till January 30, 2025.

A Temporary Policy, in place from January 30, 2023 for a period of two years, relaxes the employment requirement from “skilled work” to “all skill levels” and also allows working-aged dependent children to obtain a work permit.

Jeboy:
So I saw an interesting thing today in IRCC portal maybe its new or I am the one that hasnt checked very well before now.

I have always argued that College students who have PGWP cannot bring in their spouse with SOWP but I saw an interesting side today checking through the conditions again especially the bolded below that referenced those with PGWP (under which a College graduants can fall under).

"-Family members of high-skilled workers
1. Proof of your relationship to the principal applicant
2. Proof that the principal applicant can or will be legally authorized to work in Canada
3. Proof that the principal applicant can work in Canada for at least 6 months after we receive the family member’s work permit application
4. Proof that the principal applicant is or will be working in an occupation in TEER category 0, 1, 2 or 3 of the National Occupation Classification system

For most open work permit holders, such as those under the PGWP program or International Experience Canada, the proof should be a letter from the principal foreign worker’s current employer that shows.

their employment details
their occupation
a description of their duties
the NOC or TEER category their job is classified under or a copy of the letter of offer of employment."

so from the above, it means that College graduants who are able to progress to PGWP visa and land a professional job can get there spouse SOWP so far there job lies within the professional NOC TEER Category 0-3.

Please disregard my earlier posts and I do apologise if I have made some peeps resigned to fate anout College route, I acknowledge my error and I am resharing again.

I would love to see those whose SOWP application journey were cut off by the exemption of College, try this path of PGWP if there spouse are able to get professional job.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kunfu(m): 8:10pm On May 07
Anndav:
Noo

Infact my application profile is just showing.. background check in progress

And nothing else

I sent webform they said application is in progress and sending multiple webform will not cause the application to be expediated

Just relax hopefully before end of the week or next week

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (382) (383) (384) (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.