Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (177) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804419 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 11:35am On Dec 30, 2021
Thanks
RxOtunba:
If you can add the document that shows a positive pregnancy test, and also reference the date, to show that you just discovered, it will be a nice one.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 2:23pm On Dec 30, 2021
Hi, No they don't require LOA but there are ways to fulfill the blank box since the cic portal will ask for it regardless.

My school immigration expert said the form doesn't discriminate between adult and kids so it does not leave out that part. However, the parent LOA is not the same as what is needed here even though you need it to include as part of the application material for SOWP. I added my LOA as part of client information for my wife SOWP. She advised that I write a short letter of explanation to upload instead of LOA as #1.

For the kids LOA requirement, I combined three materials. I sent an email to the local school board asking for enrollment eligibility or admission offer for my kids based on my status. They replied that the kids need to obtain their immigration documents, arrive in Canada and we bring the original documents along before we can get the LOA/offer/eligibility letter. This email was my #2 material to merge with other stuff here.

I went to the CIC website to download the page where it was stated that if kids come with parents studying with a study visa the kids don't require an LOA to apply for study visa. I converted this to PDF, highlighted the clause, and made it my #3 material. See website link below to explore.

Also, because my province (Quebec) require kids to also receive an approval before applying for study visa called CAQ, I saved a pdf of similar page from the provincial website, and highlighted the part that stated kids don't need to submit an LOA to apply for study visa as #4 item.

Finally, I merged all these into a single PDF and uploaded instead of the LOA. I also made reference to this clause and what I have uploaded instead in my family SOP.

Please, note that in some provinces, it may be possible to get LOA or other documents that may fulfill this condition either from the government agency or directly from schools. In such a case you do not need to go through the stress that I listed above.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html#toc3

RxOtunba:
For those applying for SOWP and applying for study visa for kids? I guess the study visa for kids doesn't need admission from any school right? LOA will be the father or mother's admission letter...or am I wrong? What age is qualified for study permit?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2021
Thanks so much for responding. In this case, it's my daughter who needs the urgent care from me who is here in Canada. I applied for my family, my children have been approved but we are still waiting for a response for my husband's SOWP APPLICATION. My daughter fell and broke her hand yesterday. I have been so disoriented since then.

impeccablerose:

Download a Letter of Required Support. Have your Physician fill and sign it for you. Apply via the link below. You'll be required to upload the signed letter of required support and other available supporting documents for your situation. You should get a response in roughly 14 business days.

https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en/

However, PHAC rejects some of these applications too. If the applicant is fully vaccinated and the health situation is not an emergency, one might get a rejection.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
In my case, I only added my school details and they were approved. I didn't include any information for my children except their birth certificate. In my opinion, I think both parents documents need to be airtight and not necessarily the children. VO's understand the nature of education in both countries. Just focus on making the documents from both adults top notch.

Akannitommy:
Hi, No they don't require LOA but there are ways to fulfill the blank box since the cic portal will ask for it regardless.

My school immigration expert said the form doesn't discriminate between adult and kids so it does not leave out that part. However, the parent LOA is not the same as what is needed here even though you need it to include as part of the application material for SOWP. I added my LOA as part of client information for my wife SOWP. She advised that I write a short letter of explanation to upload instead of LOA as #1.

For the kids LOA requirement, I combined three materials. I sent an email to the local school board asking for enrollment eligibility or admission offer for my kids based on my status. They replied that the kids need to obtain their immigration documents, arrive in Canada and we bring the original documents along before we can get the LOA/offer/eligibility letter. This email was my #2 material to merge with other stuff here.

I went to the CIC website to download the page where it was stated that if kids come with parents studying with a study visa the kids don't require an LOA to apply for study visa. I converted this to PDF, highlighted the clause, and made it my #3 material. See website link below to explore.

Also, because my province (Quebec) require kids to also receive an approval before applying for study visa called CAQ, I saved a pdf of similar page from the provincial website, and highlighted the part that stated kids don't need to submit an LOA to apply for study visa as #4 item.

Finally, I merged all these into a single PDF and uploaded instead of the LOA. I also made reference to this clause and what I have uploaded instead in my family SOP.

Please, note that in some provinces, it may be possible to get LOA or other documents that may fulfill this condition either from the government agency or directly from schools. In such a case you do not need to go through the stress that I listed above.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html#toc3

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by RxOtunba: 12:48am On Dec 31, 2021
Nice one! Congrats.
Akannitommy:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by RxOtunba: 12:49am On Dec 31, 2021
Thanks and congrats!
sam4774:
yes SOWP

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gbolex(m): 11:29am On Dec 31, 2021
Please I need advice, due to the long processing time (87 weeks) for SOWP from outside Canada. I intend applying for visiting visa for myself and children. Then apply for SOWP from inside Canada, need advice on who have done this before and what are the requirement for application for SOWP from inside Canada. Also will the medical I did in Nigeria for the visiting visa be used for the SWOP (if its still within 1 yr) or I have to do another medical inside Canada and if possible biometrics
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:07pm On Dec 31, 2021
Thanks again and you’re welcome

RxOtunba:
Thanks and congrats!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by metrecube(m): 4:17am On Jan 02, 2022
Happy new year to everyone on this platform. This year shall be full of PPR starting from this month by His grace.

8 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 9:05pm On Jan 02, 2022
metrecube:
Happy new year to everyone on this platform. This year shall be full of PPR starting from this month by His grace.

Amin o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OtunbaTee(m): 3:13am On Jan 03, 2022
Amen
metrecube:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 10:27am On Jan 04, 2022
It's PPR guys. God be praised. It shall get to all of us in Jesus name. Amen.

19 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 10:40am On Jan 04, 2022
Stonehenge83:

Congratulations Stonehenge . Canada will favour you. I tap into this testimony, I and everyone still waiting will testify of sowp approval soon in Jesus name.

Congratulations Stone

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 10:50am On Jan 04, 2022
Thanks and Amen.
Jonaholorun:

Congratulations Stonehenge . Canada will favour you. I tap into this testimony, I and everyone still waiting will testify of sowp approval soon in Jesus name.

Congratulations Stone
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 11:09am On Jan 04, 2022
Stonehenge83:
Congrats Stonehenge. I tap into your good news

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2022
Thanks dear. Amen too.
lightswitch007:
Congrats Stonehenge. I tap into your good news

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 11:40am On Jan 04, 2022
Stonehenge83:
Big congrats @Stonehenge83 canada will favour you. I say a big amen to your prayers. The wait is exhausting.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 11:47am On Jan 04, 2022
Please, those who have sent out their passport for stamping to Lagos vfs office, how did you do it? This is just I alone travelling.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 12:24pm On Jan 04, 2022
Congratulations! Is it a stand alone SOWP?

Stonehenge83:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2022
Yes.
babybless44:
Congratulations! Is it a stand alone SOWP?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deepwater(f): 4:16pm On Jan 04, 2022
Stonehenge83:
Good afternoon everyone and happy new month. My wife got a written note from her a doctor in her school hospital to be used on compassionate ground for me to come over. How do we go about it? We don't know how to send it to IRCC to hasten my application. Any ideas please. Very urgent as she's not well and going through stress at the moment.

please how did u go about this?
did u eventually submit the dr report to ircc?
congrats again!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 5:13pm On Jan 04, 2022
I did but it yielded nothing. Thanks a lot.
deepwater:

please how did u go about this?
did u eventually submit the dr report to ircc?
congrats again!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2022
Stonehenge83:

Congratulations Bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2022
Wow! Congratulations!

Stonehenge83:
Yes.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ennymama: 10:05pm On Jan 04, 2022
Hello gurus in the house,

Please I need your advice. I saw a sponsored ads on Facebook about Canada Jobs. It also captioned that the company will sponsor the visa. I picked the number and chatted on WhatsApp. I was asked to send my CV to their email and after 24hours, I was mailed that my qualifications met their requirements. I was offered job as a Drill Engineer for the Oil and gas company. I was later sent Temporary Residence Visa Form to fill as well as Labour Market Impact Assessment(LMIA) form and Job agreement letter(that have in it that I will be responsible for the biometrics fee while other cost till arrival will be handled by the company). I filled and signed where necessary and returned them with my International passport as requested.

After few days, I was mailed to send the LMIA , Visa Form and my International passport to the lagos embassy of Canada through the email they gave (lagos@vfsglobal.g-c.online, so as to book my biometrics. I did as instructed and after few hours, got a mail from the said lagos embassy mail that my documents have been reviewed and i should proceed to pay for my biometrics through the payment link supplied so I can be given date for the biometrics. The biometrics fee is $116 CAD and processing fee is $91 CAD, bringing total to $207 CAD which amounted to #66,549.89 or pay same into one CEDI SIGNAL ZENITH BANK account and send receipt to them.

I am confused as to being real or not which is the reason I seek your genuine and honest advice.

Thanks. thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by muyiroro: 10:19pm On Jan 04, 2022
Ennymama:
Hello gurus in the house,

Please I need your advice. I saw a sponsored ads on Facebook about Canada Jobs. It also captioned that the company will sponsor the visa. I picked the number and chatted on WhatsApp. I was asked to send my CV to their email and after 24hours, I was mailed that my qualifications met their requirements. I was offered job as a Drill Engineer for the Oil and gas company. I was later sent Temporary Residence Visa Form to fill as well as Labour Market Impact Assessment(LMIA) form and Job agreement letter(that have in it that I will be responsible for the biometrics fee while other cost till arrival will be handled by the company). I filled and signed where necessary and returned them with my International passport as requested.

After few days, I was mailed to send the LMIA , Visa Form and my International passport to the lagos embassy of Canada through the email they gave (lagos@vfsglobal.g-c.online, so as to book my biometrics. I did as instructed and after few hours, got a mail from the said lagos embassy mail that my documents have been reviewed and i should proceed to pay for my biometrics through the payment link supplied so I can be given date for the biometrics. The biometrics fee is $116 CAD and processing fee is $91 CAD, bringing total to $207 CAD which amounted to #66,549.89 or pay same into one CEDI SIGNAL ZENITH BANK account and send receipt to them.

I am confused as to being real or not which is the reason I seek your genuine and honest advice.

Thanks. thanks

SCAM! SCAM!! SCAM!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 11:48pm On Jan 04, 2022
come on!!!! praise GOD!!! delay cn never be denial, abeg you are doing well! Congratulations !!!

Stonehenge83:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 11:51pm On Jan 04, 2022
sending it to lagos vfs na like 2 weeks there about its not terrible, if you are not in a rush. plus flights are relativel;y cheaper towards ends of January, so not a bad idea to pick lagos vfs. but if you wanna be out of naija in 8 days or less then pick abuja but cant lie to you flights are bloody this period oo

Stonehenge83:
Please, those who have sent out their passport for stamping to Lagos vfs office, how did you do it? This is just I alone travelling.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 2:27am On Jan 05, 2022
Congrats!!!so happy for u. God be praised!!!. Lagos dey delay now oh. They just stamped my children's passports today since Dec 13th dat we sent it to them. We are yet to get the passports back.

Congrats again. It will go round. We shall all testify! Amen!!!

Stonehenge83:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 2:38am On Jan 05, 2022
Hey guys, what is the estimated feedback duration for visitor's Visa(the new route for family members of persons living in canada)? IRCC promised to give feedback within a stipulated time, not very sure about the time.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 2:39am On Jan 05, 2022
Stonehenge83:

Congratulations!!! What a wait!

I cannot can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.