Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802821 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikekhan: 1:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
sam4774:
Guys i had PPR for both my visit visa and my work permit just now now oo!!! Ahhhh pleaseeee!! Ask me all you can ask me ooo!!! I will answer as soon as possible just after my running up and down

@sam4774 Congrats bro. I'm in a similar situation as yourself. I applied for SOWP in June and intend to apply for visitor visa soon. May I ask if you used the new visitor visa portal for your visitor visa application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
Amen! Thanks for the prayers.

sam4774:
Thank you oo, dont worry delay will never be denial in your life
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 2:08pm On Dec 24, 2021
Congratulations Sam!!!God is good

Guys i had PPR for both my visit visa and my work permit just now now oo!!! Ahhhh pleaseeee!! Ask me all you can ask me ooo!!! I will answer as soon as possible just after my running up and down [/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ufedoo: 3:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
Congratulations
sam4774:
Guys i had PPR for both my visit visa and my work permit just now now oo!!! Ahhhh pleaseeee!! Ask me all you can ask me ooo!!! I will answer as soon as possible just after my running up and down

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kenon1: 3:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
Wow! What a pleasant Christmas gift. Congratulations Sam.

sam4774:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
yes oo our turn done reach oo!! thanks so much

atoke2021:
@sam4774 CONGRATULATIONS OOOOOO. So happy that they are handling SOWP. Thank God. May everyone else also get their approval soon.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
amen thanks so much, God will perfect what concerns you too brother

corleone427:

Congratulations ooooo...we wey we still dey expect make God hear us o.....we all go meet for Canada and host one big party...he nor easy....am still expecting mine till now...I tap into your success story using it as a point of contact to mine....it will all end in big smiles in yeshua's name

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
i used old portal oo, maybe thats why they answered both of them in one fell swoop, i will give a summary post on all i did right now. please look forward to it.

mikekhan:

@sam4774 Congrats bro. I'm in a similar situation as yourself. I applied for SOWP in June and intend to apply for visitor visa soon. May I ask if you used the new visitor visa portal for your visitor visa application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
thank you so much!

Marh:

Congratulations Sam!!!God is good

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
very pleasant indeed! thanks so much

Kenon1:
Wow! What a pleasant Christmas gift. Congratulations Sam.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:25pm On Dec 24, 2021
I will be a big ingrate if i dont give back to where i collected and shared so much vital information on.

ok so basically guys the honest truth is SOWP is still dragging, I dont want to give you false hope. this situation that has happened to me is like when a duck is gracefully swimming above water but the legs are paddling like crazy under.

first of all if you can get a reasonable MP that is patient and will request an urgent processing. when i gave up on my SOWP was when i processed an urgent processing from my MP and IRCC indirectly told him that it will be ignored. that was the straw that broke the camels back. the MP told me to contact him in 4 months to attempt again, meanwhile i was already on my 6th month in October then. I proceeded to apply for visit visa on October 27th and did an exemption webform. 30 working days passed and still nothing, at this point i started sending webforms again up and down.

frustration set in for me as my 8 months SOWP was totally off the table and i had put it on the back-burner and was chasing the Visit visa under reuniting with immediate family.i reached out to the MP again to do an inquiry on my Visit visa and it came back with their usual rubbish, so i decided to do an urgent request on that one where i attached screenshots of numerous application timelines of people in my similar situation getting their visit visa in mere days meanwhile i was on my 39th working day.

i used the gc key to apply for both applications I was getting desperate and wanted to do another visit visa application with the fast portal, i came to find out on nairaland that it was generally October applications that were being ignored. the use of gc key came to be my saving grace as they must have treated both my applications as one general eligibilty test and then gave me my PPR.

guys my long and short is sending webforms indiscriminately is not enough please be strategic, if your own MP for your area is being difficult, claim you are from another postcode and email the MP there and test your luck. also it is very worthy to note that as usual stand alone SOWP are still not being prioritised, so if you can apply for a visit visa.

God will make it easy for us all in Jesus name

9 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
sam4774:
I will be a big ingrate if i dont give back to where i collected and shared so much vital information on.

ok so basically guys the honest truth is SOWP is still dragging, I dont want to give you false hope. this situation that has happened to me is like when a duck is gracefully swimming above water but the legs are paddling like crazy under.

first of all if you can get a reasonable MP that is patient and will request an urgent processing. when i gave up on my SOWP was when i processed an urgent processing from my MP and IRCC indirectly told him that it will be ignored. that was the straw that broke the camels back. the MP told me to contact him in 4 months to attempt again, meanwhile i was already on my 6th month in October then. I proceeded to apply for visit visa on October 27th and did an exemption webform. 30 working days passed and still nothing, at this point i started sending webforms again up and down.

frustration set in for me as my 8 months SOWP was totally off the table and i had put it on the back-burner and was chasing the Visit visa under reuniting with immediate family.i reached out to the MP again to do an inquiry on my Visit visa and it came back with their usual rubbish, so i decided to do an urgent request on that one where i attached screenshots of numerous application timelines of people in my similar situation getting their visit visa in mere days meanwhile i was on my 39th working day.

i used the gc key to apply for both applications I was getting desperate and wanted to do another visit visa application with the fast portal, i came to find out on nairaland that it was generally October applications that were being ignored. the use of gc key came to be my saving grace as they must have treated both my applications as one general eligibilty test and then gave me my PPR.

guys my long and short is sending webforms indiscriminately is not enough please be strategic, if your own MP for your area is being difficult, claim you are from another postcode and email the MP there and test your luck. also it is very worthy to note that as usual stand alone SOWP are still not being prioritised, so if you can apply for a visit visa.

cheers bro.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by holyjacket: 5:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
sam4774:

Big congratulations to you. What is MP---- Member of Parliament?

Very Big Congratulations Sam. Please what is MP... is it Member of Parliament?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2021
member of parliament, yes thats what it is.

[quote author=holyjacket post=108783018][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
mikekhan:

congratulations!!! please on the new visitors visa what did you upload as proof of exemption.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
thanks Awas
exemption is proof that you are reuniting with an immediate family member, so i attached marriage certificate and complete covid vaccine card

Awas:

congratulations!!! please on the new visitors visa what did you upload as proof of exemption.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 8:30pm On Dec 24, 2021
Wow, congratulations to you
sam4774:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 10:27pm On Dec 24, 2021
thank you

Sweetness24:
Wow, congratulations to you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2021
congratulations again Sam. is it true that if my husband come on a visiting visa and myself who is a student and hasnt spent one year in canada, then my kids cannot access free education? pls its this info that has kept me from applying for visiting visa on the new portal. pls do u have this info, and do u know how long it is expected to take to now get SOWP from inside canada? i am frustrated here especially because of my kids who ve been largely affected. thank you

sam4774:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 11:58pm On Dec 24, 2021
See this our God now

Congratulations @Sam4774 I am over elated for you!! Your own perfect Christmas gift landed in a big way....

Do giveaway na��

Congrats again.

quote author=sam4774 post=108769211]Guys i had PPR for both my visit visa and my work permit just now now oo!!! Ahhhh pleaseeee!! Ask me all you can ask me ooo!!! I will answer as soon as possible just after my running up and down [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:33am On Dec 25, 2021
so i went through your past posts to try to understand what your whole situation is, and if i am correct you applied for your 6 and 4 years old kids and your husband in one application? however the 6 year old should be applying for a study visa and not a visitor visa because the child is above 5, however all these are very adjustable in canada.

your situation isnt dire, your husbands sowp will not waste as much time as an applicant applying for sowp without any accompanying applications. the only thing you may need to start doing is be aggressive, i sent exemption webform 2ce and IRCC threatened that if you send more than once they will deny you and yet i still got PPR. try getting a gcms note as well, it makes them pick up your application to process the gcms note. another option is emailing an MP and asking to process urgent request and highlight why your husband and your kids need to be reunited with their mum.

children in canada are subjected to free education, they barely ask for info or papers until you are of college age so the child will go to school while you correct that 6 years olds issue. in canada applications are treated very fast so it should be out within 2 months for the kid.

please dont do another application thats waste of money for your situation, applications like yours are usually sorted out without taking too much time. you have to just be a bit more aggressive with nairobi office, send emails everyday and reach out to your MP for that urgent processing. they went on holiday from Wednesday and will resume on the 3rd of January in the MPs offices. so before then send emails, weforms and spam IRCC.

Cynk:
congratulations again Sam. is it true that if my husband come on a visiting visa and myself who is a student and hasnt spent one year in canada, then my kids cannot access free education? pls its this info that has kept me from applying for visiting visa on the new portal. pls do u have this info, and do u know how long it is expected to take to now get SOWP from inside canada? i am frustrated here especially because of my kids who ve been largely affected. thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 12:34am On Dec 25, 2021
thanks oo! na real christmas gift oo!! giveaway ooo!! like say i be celeb hahaha

Reseptie:
See this our God now

Congratulations @Sam4774 I am over elated for you!! Your own perfect Christmas gift landed in a big way....

Do giveaway na��

Congrats again.

quote author=sam4774 post=108769211]Guys i had PPR for both my visit visa and my work permit just now now oo!!! Ahhhh pleaseeee!! Ask me all you can ask me ooo!!! I will answer as soon as possible just after my running up and down
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 12:35am On Dec 25, 2021
Congratulations!!!!! What a beautiful Christmas gift!!!

sam4774:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kaycherry: 12:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Congratulations Sam!!!!! Very happy for you!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kaycherry: 12:54am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas Everyone...God will Bless us All without hearts desires...Amen

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 12:59am On Dec 25, 2021
Merry Christmas and PPR new year everyone.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 1:28am On Dec 25, 2021
thank you so much for taking out time to give him lengthy and well explained reply. thank you also for the hope. now i can stop crying atleast. i will email the mp and also pls can u help me with the email to nairobi or was it just webform or what? please i also dont know what an exemption webform is. if you can guide me i will be glad. i also tap into ur PPR. merry xmas to you and your family

sam4774:
so i went through your past posts to try to understand what your whole situation is, and if i am correct you applied for your 6 and 4 years old kids and your husband in one application? however the 6 year old should be applying for a study visa and not a visitor visa because the child is above 5, however all these are very adjustable in canada.

your situation isnt dire, your husbands sowp will not waste as much time as an applicant applying for sowp without any accompanying applications. the only thing you may need to start doing is be aggressive, i sent exemption webform 2ce and IRCC threatened that if you send more than once they will deny you and yet i still got PPR. try getting a gcms note as well, it makes them pick up your application to process the gcms note. another option is emailing an MP and asking to process urgent request and highlight why your husband and your kids need to be reunited with their mum.

children in canada are subjected to free education, they barely ask for info or papers until you are of college age so the child will go to school while you correct that 6 years olds issue. in canada applications are treated very fast so it should be out within 2 months for the kid.

please dont do another application thats waste of money for your situation, applications like yours are usually sorted out without taking too much time. you have to just be a bit more aggressive with nairobi office, send emails everyday and reach out to your MP for that urgent processing. they went on holiday from Wednesday and will resume on the 3rd of January in the MPs offices. so before then send emails, weforms and spam IRCC.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 2:13am On Dec 25, 2021
thank you so much
Kaycherry:
Congratulations Sam!!!!! Very happy for you!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 2:19am On Dec 25, 2021
merry christmas to you and yours, dont worry i understand how you feel, IRCC can cause depression but joy comes in the morning.

the instructions for the exemption webform https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

the link to the travel exemption inquiry webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

nairobi canadian consolute email addresses nairobi@international.gc.ca. nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

Cynk:
thank you so much for taking out time to give him lengthy and well explained reply. thank you also for the hope. now i can stop crying atleast. i will email the mp and also pls can u help me with the email to nairobi or was it just webform or what? please i also dont know what an exemption webform is. if you can guide me i will be glad. i also tap into ur PPR. merry xmas to you and your family

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 4:49pm On Dec 25, 2021
God bless u Sam

sam4774:
merry christmas to you and yours, dont worry i understand how you feel, IRCC can cause depression but joy comes in the morning.

the instructions for the exemption webform https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

the link to the travel exemption inquiry webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

nairobi canadian consolute email addresses nairobi@international.gc.ca. nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2021
just to be sure that i am clear.... i will do the exemption webform for just the kids abi? as they are the ones with visitors visa application?

sam4774:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2021
amen and you too

Cynk:
God bless u Sam

(1) (2) (3) ... (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.