Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (174) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (800973 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 2:38pm On Dec 21, 2021
atoke2021:
I see what you mean. I was going to more just send a document saying proof of home ties and include some things like him being a director in a register family business and stuff like that. So that it looks like I’m just providing supporting document and not giving explanation for the visitor visa refusal.

Thank you for reply. I really appreciate it.

Oh now I understand where you're coming from. Your plan makes sense. Did you write an SOP and invitation letter with your visiting visa application? Whatever documents you're adding, also try to address home ties and finance in an explanatory document like an SOP. Put your mind at rest, everything will work out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
Stonehenge83:
Good morning all, PPR news must drop here before Xmas in Jesus name.

My wife ordered our second GCMS notes since September and it came in this month. Here's one of the notes. Abeg does this mean they are about to send PPR for my application?

The special “do not reply” on the way. Congrats bro.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2021
Thanks a lot. Amen o. I've been checking like almost every minute.
lightswitch007:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mauriss: 5:49pm On Dec 21, 2021
Stonehenge83:
They've updated it
Please what did you do to make them upload it quickly?? Q-Life is quite slow.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2021
Stonehenge83:
Thanks a lot. Amen o. I've been checking like almost every minute.
haha

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 6:04pm On Dec 21, 2021
Called them and nails them as well. Told them of the urgency and that it has passed the 30 days I was given. I also sent webforms and emails to Nairobi.
Mauriss:

Please what did you do to make them upload it quickly?? Q-Life is quite slow.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2021
Yes. I will just package it as more information that I would like added to the file.

I did not write SOP or invitation letter for the visitor visa but I wrote a long Sop For the SOWP which I submitted when we were filling the applications months ago.

19CannyMum:

Oh now I understand where you're coming from. Your plan makes sense. Did you write an SOP and invitation letter with your visiting visa application? Whatever documents you're adding, also try to address home ties and finance in an explanatory document like an SOP. Put your mind at rest, everything will work out.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mauriss: 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
Stonehenge83:
Called them and nails them as well. Told them of the urgency and that it has passed the 30 days I was given. I also sent webforms and emails to Nairobi.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 11:29pm On Dec 21, 2021
19CannyMum:

From my understanding of written authorization, it's possible the reason you're being asked is because you have an unvaccinated member of your family. Maybe your child? Double vaccinated individuals are exempt from the need for authorization.

My understanding might be wrong sha.

please i saw this when filling the new visitors visa application. You’ll need to provide proof that you are coming for a non-discretionary purpose. Upload this document in the “Proof of travel exemption” field. Please what does this mean ? is the proof of non discretionary purpose proof of vaccinantion
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 10:06pm On Dec 22, 2021
Awas:

please i saw this when filling the new visitors visa application. You’ll need to provide proof that you are coming for a non-discretionary purpose. Upload this document in the “Proof of travel exemption” field. Please what does this mean ? is the proof of non discretionary purpose proof of vaccinantion

Please someone help !!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 12:38am On Dec 23, 2021
Hello all,

I am thinking I should apply for visitor visa for my husband while his SOWP is still processing as I am yet to get feedback but my children's application was approved on December 10th. Please can you advise me if this is a good idea?

If yes. Please can someone help me with the link for applying for the new visitors visa?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 1:51am On Dec 23, 2021
Congrats in advance oh!!!! This is goodnews on the way.

Stonehenge83:
Good morning all, PPR news must drop here before Xmas in Jesus name.

My wife ordered our second GCMS notes since September and it came in this month. Here's one of the notes. Abeg does this mean they are about to send PPR for my application?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GoldenCrown1160: 3:37am On Dec 23, 2021
You can defer it and it's good to do so since his approval isn't out but you don't need to in form IRCC. Trust me.
teelady:
Hello all, please I am in urgent need of your kind guidance. My husband recently got his study visa approved, but he wants to defer his resumtion till September while he apply for study visa for our two kids and I and my last child as an accompanying parent and sibling, and also apply for sowp while still in Nigeria, hoping to inform the ircc of his deferment due to him not being able to stay without his family. And we hope to use his aged mother and siblings and my own family too has home tie, we have a house in Nigeria, and a business project in the developmental stage, we also wish to use his land and my building documents too. Now my question is, since he won't be traveling which shows his sincerity of purpose and his regret for not applying with us initially, what is our chances of success. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 8:21am On Dec 23, 2021
Amen and thank you o.
elizyous:
Congrats in advance oh!!!! This is goodnews on the way.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2021
Akannitommy:
Hi,

You (the visitor visa applicant) need to write a 2-3 pages cover letter like your LOE/SOP justifying why you need the written authorization with one or more section explaining how you meet the eligibility requirements (see the instruction link and click "How to Unite with Family Members" for more details).

Generally, your letter should have introduction summarizing what you are requesting and why. You then use each of next paragraphs to show one eligibility criteria at a time. The number of criteria you meet and are trying to explain will determine total pages of your letter. Then you need a concluding paragraph of course.

Typically, you show;
Evidence of immediate family members related to a temporary resident in Canada
How travel will ensure family reunification and provide mutual support system for you and them
Proof you vaccination status and show evidence
If you have kids going and they have received or applied for study visa's then say something about enrolling kids in school

Finally, you will add documents to support your claims because the unit in-charge won't go and search for you.
Copy of visa(s) and study permit, LOI from when they got visa, SIN, LOA, passport copy, enrollment verification of person in Canada to show their temporary status
If the applicant already has visa approved or LOI or PPR, they must add some or all of these.
Proof of relationship with the person -- marriage certificate, birth certificate for you two and your kids to show your relationship, any other document to proof this. BUT NO Family Pictures -- they specifically said not to add these.
Add the full vaccination records for both of you.

Merge together in pdf with the cover letter and make size less than 3MB then attach. Remember to add all your UCI numbers in the letter and/or body of the web form, if accepts. NB: Body of the web form accepts limited info but still needs a summary or abstract of everything without duplicating what you already have in the letter.

Best of luck.

Thanks a bunch!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 7:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
lightswitch007:

Amen to this

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 7:23am On Dec 24, 2021
Guys i had PPR for both my visit visa and my work permit just now now oo!!! Ahhhh pleaseeee!! Ask me all you can ask me ooo!!! I will answer as soon as possible just after my running up and down

11 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 7:36am On Dec 24, 2021
Congratulations bro. I'm actually the first to congratulate you. Lol. God be praised.
sam4774:
Guys i had PPR for both my visit visa and my work permit just now now oo!!! Ahhhh pleaseeee!! Ask me all you can ask me ooo!!! I will answer as soon as possible just after my running up and down
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 8:09am On Dec 24, 2021
sam4774:
haha for wow, you finally decided to apply for visitor visa. wow congrats. I think i will apply for visit visa myself.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2021
Brother I use my own success as a point of contact to push IRCC to release what is yours today in Jesus name! PPR is your portion today!
Stonehenge83:
Congratulations bro. I'm actually the first to congratulate you. Lol. God be praised.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 8:17am On Dec 24, 2021
Please do! Its because they were considering it thats why they visited my SOWP cos on a normal day na next year dem for even clear the dust for my application
lightswitch007:
haha for wow, you finally decided to apply for visitor visa. wow congrats. I think i will apply for visit visa myself.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 8:23am On Dec 24, 2021
A big AMEN ooooo. Thanks brother.
sam4774:
Brother I use my own success as a point of contact to push IRCC to release what is yours today in Jesus name! PPR is your portion today!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rheene009: 8:48am On Dec 24, 2021
sam4774:
I sent a PM hehe
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lightswitch007: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2021
sam4774:
Please do! Its because they were considering it thats why they visited my SOWP cos on a normal day na next year dem for even clear the dust for my application
I will work on it.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 9:06am On Dec 24, 2021
Congratulations! So happy for you bro!

sam4774:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lianna2020: 9:17am On Dec 24, 2021
Finally Sam , congratulations.
sam4774:

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 10:41am On Dec 24, 2021
Lianna ooo finally!!! Dont worry our families will jam in Vancity! It has not been easy mhen.
Lianna2020:
Finally Sam , congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 10:42am On Dec 24, 2021
Thank you oo, dont worry delay will never be denial in your life
babybless44:
Congratulations! So happy for you bro!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 10:44am On Dec 24, 2021
Trust me i will answer it, still running around. Today i go provide the time
rheene009:
I sent a PM hehe

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 12:24pm On Dec 24, 2021
@sam4774 CONGRATULATIONS OOOOOO. So happy that they are handling SOWP. Thank God. May everyone else also get their approval soon.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2021
sam4774:

Congratulations ooooo...we wey we still dey expect make God hear us o.....we all go meet for Canada and host one big party...he nor easy....am still expecting mine till now...I tap into your success story using it as a point of contact to mine....it will all end in big smiles in yeshua's name

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.