Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,271 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (176) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804959 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 9:34pm On Dec 25, 2021
everybody for this please

Cynk:
just to be sure that i am clear.... i will do the exemption webform for just the kids abi? as they are the ones with visitors visa application?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 5:22am On Dec 26, 2021
thank uuuuuuu
sam4774:
everybody for this please

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rahmeekadigz(f): 1:22am On Dec 27, 2021
Hello Everyone, I'm new here...I just got admission to study in canada and I want to apply for visa with my husband. How do I go about the SOP...please I need guidance...thank you and compliments of the season
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 7:37am On Dec 27, 2021
Hello everyone, merry Christmas to us all
I got my study visa approved 2 Saturdays ago, but my son's visit visa has not been approved. I have sent many mails and webforms but no response. We submitted our application together. I read about travel exemption here on this platform
Please I don't fully understand, and I plan to travel first week in January.
Please kindly assist.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 10:20am On Dec 27, 2021
Please, I would like to ask.... I plan to travel with my kids (4.5years old, and 2 years old) to meet my wife who is on a study permit in January 2022. I am fully vaccinated and on work permit but the kids are not due to their age. Do the kids require a written authorization to enter Canada? For those that travelled with kids less than 5 years old, please, what was it like at POE? Help a brother with this information �
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 11:59am On Dec 27, 2021
DeeWan:
Please, I would like to ask.... I plan to travel with my kids (4.5years old, and 2 years old) to meet my wife who is on a study permit in January 2022. I am fully vaccinated and on work permit but the kids are not due to their age. Do the kids require a written authorization to enter Canada? For those that travelled with kids less than 5 years old, please, what was it like at POE? Help a brother with this information �

Yes, unvaccinated children with visiting visa coming directly from Nigeria need the written authorisation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2021
Please how so someone get this written authorization?
Thanks

19CannyMum:

Yes, unvaccinated children with visiting visa coming directly from Nigeria need the written authorisation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GbemiBukk(f): 1:56pm On Dec 27, 2021
Please I need help with how a letter of authorization or consent from spouse should look like
Can one raise a web form for that?
If in raising a web form, is it the primary applicant that will raise the webform? Or the secondary applicant
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2021
Merry Christmas and a PPR new year to everybody.....happy holidays and may the new year bring forth our long awaited PPR
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MisterKennedy(m): 3:57pm On Dec 27, 2021
HERSLEY:
Coquette86 why are you still awake oo

Merry Christmas to you dear
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2021
@Lianna2021
pls chat me up on WhatsApp, I changed phone,lost so many numbers abeg...there's something I want to share with you.Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TETTTI: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2021
I enroll in the faith school in the mighty name of Jesus. Ours will be Bigger, Faster and Better than expected.���
SoFaithly:
Jesus, remember you said “it is NOT GOOD for a man to be alone”? therefore, I stand by your word, cause there to be commotions of approvals, specifically on this platform before the end of this midst of the year July, for the sake of your people that are trusting you to reunite with their spouses, Jesus, turn every policy and in their favor, because I know that the heart of the King is in your hands. Thank you my father, in Jesus name I pray. Amen.

NB; I already told God I want my wife’s visa approved before the end of this July, I don’t know or have an idea how he will do it, I just know he WILL DO IT�, and all eyes will see it and hear it here. You can enroll in this faith school too!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DeeWan: 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2021
19CannyMum:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/foreign-sept7-vaccine

From what is here, they may not need as long as they are below 5 years old and accompanying a fully vaccinated traveler.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TETTTI: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations.

Akannitommy:
Amen. Thanks. Good to know the kids got study permits at the ports of entry on arrival. That's the bone of my initial concern. Congratulations once again.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TETTTI: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations dear,

May you find favour before the God of Canada.

Akannitommy:
Amen. Thanks. Good to know the kids got study permits at the ports of entry on arrival. That's the bone of my initial concern. Congratulations once again.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TETTTI: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations dear,

More wins by His grace.

kife:
*****APPROVAL ALERT******
Indeed, what God can not do doesn't exist...

I moved to Canada as an international student in August of 2016.
From 2017 till 2021 Feb, I have continued to try to bring my wife to join me, we had applied for:

2 study permits- Refused
3 work permits- Refused

The 6th application I reluctantly submitted as the generic refusals were quite annoying already, but to the glory of God that got approved.

Its been 4 painful years of trying and retrying...
Lots of traveling back and forth to Nigeria..

We had concluded plans to relocate to the UK but God came through at the 11.59th hour.

For all those waiting, may your approvals come knocking soon.

If you ever experience delays, please don't give up, get your Gcms, fix their issues and refire, keep refiring...they will eventually approve.

Time line:

NB-Medical was passed in February, though application was refused.

The medical request came even though we had submitted upfront medicals, we raised series of webforms got no response...they just updated to Pass

Goodluck to all the hopefuls

We are waiting for PR next..... grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TETTTI: 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations dear,

More wins.

nike4luv:
Hi All
Partner just got approved for SOWP on compassionate care reasons.

Anyone travelled from Lagos to Canada recently and can shed some light on the experience? Is the vaccine required? Any quirky things we should expect at the airport?

Thanks!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TETTTI: 1:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Amen congratulations dear.

Moremmu:
Thank you Nairalanders, its been awesome getting information and idea here, I don't post but I felt the urge to post today to let you know that God will do it for you , I got my passport back from vfs using Lagos vfs office, submitted July 19 via dhl and received today Aug 3 via ups.
Timeline Year 2021
Online Application submitted: Feb 5
Biometrics: Feb 9
Medical request: June 30
Medical passed: July 13
PPR: July 17

1st Travel exemption mail sent: Apr 26
2nd Travel exemption mail reminder: May 21
None was responded to.
We prayed, believed and God did it.

May everyone waiting for this kind of response receive a favourable mail this month. Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TETTTI: 1:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations dear, more wins to all of us.

oreafe:
Hubby and babies applied in May. Hubby did upfront medicals.
They received a medical request on July 21 but we emailed them to remind them hubby had already passed upfront medical so they sent PPR on Jul 23.
My children's medical was updated as passed on Aug 2nd. PPR was sent 10 Aug.

I sent this because I know that this kind of news encouraged me when I was waiting. I hope it encourages someone. I give God the glory actually because he was merciful and prospered our efforts:

I reached out to them a lot
I sent a travel exemption request via the webform and email (4x. lol)
I reached out to the MP in my area.
I leveraged on the services of my school immigration advisors
my documents were very detailed and extra so they won't have anything to request or delay over

It will end in praise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by TETTTI: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations to you dear. More wins to all of us.

queenG2020:
Hi all,

My hubby and 2 kids got approved today. Application was submitted on Dec 4, 2020. Did upfront medicals in April and updated to passed in July. Sent a lot of webforms and I also contacted our MP here. We got passport request today after 8 months, also my kids authorisation letters were approved because we applied for visitors visas for the kids. I guess hubby doesn't require authorisation letter because I applied for the 3 of them but they only sent the authorisation letters for the kids.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 2:19pm On Dec 28, 2021
DeeWan:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/foreign-sept7-vaccine

From what is here, they may not need as long as they are below 5 years old and accompanying a fully vaccinated traveler.

The rules are different for those reuniting with temporary residents and those reuniting with permanent residents.

Everybody reuniting with a temporary resident needs written authorization. However there is an exemption to this for fully vaccinated travelers. Children not fully vaccinated obviously don't qualify for that exemption and will need the written authorisation.

Children above 5 get study permits and so are exempt. However if traveling with a visitor visa and not fully vaccinated, travel authorization is needed.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2021
Iffylove:
Please how so someone get this written authorization?
Thanks

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization

More links:

sam4774:
merry christmas to you and yours, dont worry i understand how you feel, IRCC can cause depression but joy comes in the morning.

the instructions for the exemption webform https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html#existing

the link to the travel exemption inquiry webform. https://secure.cic.gc.ca/ClientContact/en/Crisis

nairobi canadian consolute email addresses nairobi@international.gc.ca. nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Chisolove3: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2021
Congratulations sam4774

Would really like to connect with you privately on a personal, I need to tap from your wealth of knowledge on how to run this process,I sent you a message on nairaland forum,please do well to respond so I can share my WhatsApp number... I really need your assistance... Thanks a lot
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by RxOtunba: 3:48am On Dec 29, 2021
If you can add the document that shows a positive pregnancy test, and also reference the date, to show that you just discovered, it will be a nice one.
Akannitommy:
Hi,

Either option is okay. You can apply from Nigeria - OWP for wife and study visa for your child could be okay too depending on his/her DOB because by the time they land the child could be closer to 4. Put the pregnancy matter in a convincing LOE/SOP - it is a strong point for you. The fact that you stayed home for one semester is also a good point to argue you are not desperate (don't use those exact words).

When you land then you can send your SIN, Study permit and even local bank account statement if you want. Make sure you cover the POF part very strongly and remember that your POF from within Canada is more reliable and easily verifiable than from back home regardless of the millions of Naira.

A second (or even additional) option is to apply for visiting visas for your family through the new portal when you land without withdrawing the SOWP or apply.

It shall end in praises.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2021
hi will get to it now, these things always have a way of hiding in the junk emails. i am going to check now.

Chisolove3:
Congratulations sam4774

Would really like to connect with you privately on a personal, I need to tap from your wealth of knowledge on how to run this process,I sent you a message on nairaland forum,please do well to respond so I can share my WhatsApp number... I really need your assistance... Thanks a lot
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blackedwin: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2021
Hi everyone, a quick question I did upfront medical with my 4kids 26th November and submitted our application 30th November. I just checked and my kids medical has been updated to pass but mine hasn't been updated. Anything to worry about.
Regards
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by elizyous: 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2021
Good morning all,

Please I need help on how to escalate an application on compassionate medical grounds. Please, this is urgent.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by impeccablerose: 9:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
elizyous:
Good morning all,

Please I need help on how to escalate an application on compassionate medical grounds. Please, this is urgent.

Download a Letter of Required Support. Have your Physician fill and sign it for you. Apply via the link below. You'll be required to upload the signed letter of required support and other available supporting documents for your situation. You should get a response in roughly 14 business days.

https://border-frontiere.powerappsportals.com/en/

However, PHAC rejects some of these applications too. If the applicant is fully vaccinated and the health situation is not an emergency, one might get a rejection.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by RxOtunba: 5:59am On Dec 30, 2021
For those applying for SOWP and applying for study visa for kids? I guess the study visa for kids doesn't need admission from any school right? LOA will be the father or mother's admission letter...or am I wrong? What age is qualified for study permit?
Akannitommy:
Hi everyone,

Thanks you for the support through responses and all. We just received the written authorization for my son who has a visitor visa so he can be able to travel with the family - Mum has OWP and older siblings have study visa.

Regards.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by RxOtunba: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2021
Congrats!!!!! Which work permit is this, SOWP?
sam4774:
Guys i had PPR for both my visit visa and my work permit just now now oo!!! Ahhhh pleaseeee!! Ask me all you can ask me ooo!!! I will answer as soon as possible just after my running up and down
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Blurpy: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2021
I would like us to connect vis a vis studying in Canada. As men of honour
RxOtunba:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 10:37am On Dec 30, 2021
yes SOWP

RxOtunba:

(1) (2) (3) ... (173) (174) (175) (176) (177) (178) (179) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.