Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804404 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 12:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
Cynk:
i got medical request last week wednesday and responded immediately via webform because i have upfront medicals. i resent the webforms on friday when i hear nothing and then on monday, yet it has not been updated. any explanation gurus?

Did you get an update on your medical for this?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 12:20pm On Jun 27, 2022
jogojogo:
Its normal but send them a mail too

Having similar issue, what email can be used? Also how do one know which office is processing the Visa?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2022
mamatee2:
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

How do one know what country to choose for the processing?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2022
Congratulations!! Been waiting for your news
shams040:
Alhamdulillah, Verily there is surely light at the end of the tunnel.

After praising and thanking the LORD of the Universe, the creator of man from a clot of blood, I pray that everyone waiting would get a positive response soon.

My Story is so long but I would leave that for another day.

SOWP Submitted Oct 11th 2021
Biometric Oct 14th 2021
Medical upfont pass Oct 25th
Applied for VV on Nov. 23rd, 2021, and it was rejected on Dec 7th, 2021. Beginning of my depression
Applied for another VV on Feb 20th, 2022 and it was rejected 24th April 2022. Depression got deeper and I stopped going to the Lab (working from home but with low productivity). Finished my winter semester and my graduate coordinator, advisors and everyone around me felt so sad for me and I also felt sad for myself. At this point, I was already like I'm leaving Canada and I literarily got no positive view of Canada.
I went to my MPs office and they are literarily doing nothing and just saying I need to wait till the processing time elapse.
Eligibility Started June 14th. Then I started to fire email, and webform everyday.
Yesterday I sent an email to all of the offices from my own email telling them how depressing I am. Here I attached my transcript enrolment letter, updated finance, and landed document to Abuja, Lagos, London, and Nairobi.
I couldn't sleep overnight so one of my good brothers here that I pray that Allah grant his wife the PPR (today Bihitnillah) called me and we spoke and pray that we hear from IRCC soon. After some minutes I received an email from Abuja that I need to send a webform and I immediately responded to their email by saying I have done that 1000000 times. Well, after like 1 hr I stood up to see what webform they even asked me to send. As I sat on my chair like this I just saw the Golden email from on my wife's email (I have access to my wife's email) and it was at that time that I went on sujud (prostration) to Glory the Lord that created the earth and peg it with the rocks.
BVL and PPR June 23rd 2021.

Alhamdulillah.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 1:28pm On Jun 27, 2022
My Spouse applied for Study Permit, I applied for VV so I could visit during my breaks and VV for two of our kids.

Spouse and Kids got Medical Submission request, mine got “canceled”.

Later got note on the portal requesting I should apply for work permit.

Has anyone experienced this, do I have to wait for Spouse Study Permit to be granted before applying for Work Permit that I really don’t need at the moment.

Initial application was on the new portal and I noticed work permit is only on the old portal, can these two applications be linked?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
I could sensed that IRCC no longer want to issue Visitor's Visa to spouses of International Student. I see no reason why there is a move against your choice to Visitor's visa requesting you apply for SOWP as if they have attended to the numerous request on queue....
Omase o for IRCC

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 4:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
jogojogo:
I could sensed that IRCC no longer want to issue Visitor's Visa to spouses of International Student. I see no reason why there is a move against your choice to Visitor's visa requesting you apply for SOWP as if they have attended to the numerous request on queue....
Omase o for IRCC

I find that strange too, I stated in my SOP that I only want to visit my spouse and the kids periodically as my job provides me the flexibility.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mamatee2: 4:53pm On Jun 27, 2022
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.
The wait is finally over.

shams040:

After praising and thanking the LORD of the Universe, the creator of man from a clot of blood, I pray that everyone waiting would get a positive response soon.

Biometric Oct 14th 2021
Applied for VV on Nov. 23rd, 2021, and it was rejected on Dec 7th, 2021. Beginning of my depression
Applied for another VV on Feb 20th, 2022 and it was rejected 24th April 2022. Depression got deeper and I stopped going to the Lab (working from home but with low productivity). Finished my winter semester and my graduate coordinator, advisors and everyone around me felt so sad for me and I also felt sad for myself. At this point, I was already like I'm leaving Canada and I literarily got no positive view of Canada.
I went to my MPs office and they are literarily doing nothing and just saying I need to wait till the processing time elapse.
Eligibility Started June 14th. Then I started to fire email, and webform everyday.
Yesterday I sent an email to all of the offices from my own email telling them how depressing I am. Here I attached my transcript enrolment letter, updated finance, and landed document to Abuja, Lagos, London, and Nairobi.
I couldn't sleep overnight so one of my good brothers here that I pray that Allah grant his wife the PPR (today Bihitnillah) called me and we spoke and pray that we hear from IRCC soon. After some minutes I received an email from Abuja that I need to send a webform and I immediately responded to their email by saying I have done that 1000000 times. Well, after like 1 hr I stood up to see what webform they even asked me to send. As I sat on my chair like this I just saw the Golden email from on my wife's email (I have access to my wife's email) and it was at that time that I went on sujud (prostration) to Glory the Lord that created the earth and peg it with the rocks.

Alhamdulillah.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mamatee2: 4:56pm On Jun 27, 2022
Your good news is around the corner @skull4eva, and everyone expecting.
We will rejoice with you all very soon by God's grace!

skull4eva:

Congratulations ooo. It will end it praise for we that applied early 2021 and still waiting. God will remember us for good and grant our PPR too. Once again congrats atleast depression go disappear now
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mamatee2: 4:59pm On Jun 27, 2022
Most applications from Nigeria are processed in Nairobi, so you can send it there.

Profgordons:

How do one know what country to choose for the processing?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
mamatee2:
Most applications from Nigeria are processed in Nairobi, so you can send it there.

Ok, many thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 8:26pm On Jun 27, 2022
Profgordons:
My Spouse applied for Study Permit, I applied for VV so I could visit during my breaks and VV for two of our kids.

Spouse and Kids got Medical Submission request, mine got “canceled”.

Later got note on the portal requesting I should apply for work permit.

Has anyone experienced this, do I have to wait for Spouse Study Permit to be granted before applying for Work Permit that I really don’t need at the moment.

Initial application was on the new portal and I noticed work permit is only on the old portal, can these two applications be linked?

If I may ask, when did you apply? I am in your shoes, only that the study permits for my wife and kids have been approved. I am about to apply for visitor visa, even though I don't mind the SOWP. I just don't like the long processing time for the SOWP. Na wah o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2022
purespikes:

If I may ask, when did you apply? I am in your shoes, only that the study permits for my wife and kids have been approved. I am about to apply for visitor visa, even though I don't mind the SOWP. I just don't like the long processing time for the SOWP. Na wah o

Applied 15th of May, 2022.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 8:36pm On Jun 27, 2022
Profgordons:

Applied 15th of May, 2022.

Is it by force to apply for SOWP? This is scary!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
purespikes:

Is it by force to apply for SOWP? This is scary!

I don’t know how many people this has happened to. I have practically searched the whole net.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 12:14am On Jun 28, 2022
congratulations
shams040:

Biometric Oct 14th 2021

Alhamdulillah.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 2:18am On Jun 28, 2022
My cousin applied for study Visa using the old portal and got refused after six week.
We reapplied about three months ago. Upfront medical has been done and eligiblity review started over a month. Nothing more.
Can we reapply through the new portal?
Is it allowed?
Do they approve request through the old portal please

Secondly is medical required for minor below 10 years?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 6:52am On Jun 28, 2022
jogojogo:
My cousin applied for study Visa using the old portal and got refused after six week.
We reapplied about three months ago. Upfront medical has been done and eligiblity review started over a month. Nothing more.
Can we reapply through the new portal?
Is it allowed?
Do they approve request through the old portal please

Secondly is medical required for minor below 10 years?

You cant have two same type of visa running concurrently. If you submit another through the new portal they will withdraw the one on the old portal. They approve request through the old portal. Most of us here used the old portal as there was nothing like new portal when we applied.
As for the question of medical depending on the type of visa children from the age of two are required to do medical too. My kids did and so did the kids of some of my friends too
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 8:54am On Jun 28, 2022
Thanks@skulleva. The visa category in this case is study permit for kids (all below 10 years).
I never knew medicals is required until I deduced that from a post here. I had thought bio-metric and medical are only required form age 10 and above
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
Please I have a question if someone did medical in july last year is the medical still active by now? If yes why is IRCC requesting for medical again from such a person? Am confused please help out. This is still june nah. Can the person send the active medical?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
Yes. The person should write but if I were in the person shoe, I will quickly initiate another medical process while I write to call attention to my active medical status
skull4eva:
Please I have a question if someone did medical in july last year is the medical still active by now? If yes why is IRCC requesting for medical again from such a person? Am confused please help out. This is still june nah. Can the person send the active medical?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
Mine was done in April 2021 and as at May 22 it has expired. Well I don't know but looking at the timeline the medical should still be active but I remember someone mention it at Qlife when I visited the last time that medical now expire 6months, I don't know how valid that information is, be it as it may, the person should book for medical immediately.
skull4eva:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 8:55pm On Jun 28, 2022
@shams i did my in Abuja and submitted in Abuja..... was still told to pay transmission fee .... my passport was return and i paid it and sent ,,,then got my passport in 4 working days .
shams040:

No if you're sending to Lagos but yes 9410 if you're sending to Abj
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by chigrad: 10:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hi all,
In a situation where someone has a 4 year visitor and wants to apply for sowp (spouse's study permit is valid for 2 years) , what will happen ?
Will the sowp (2 years validity) cancel the validity of the 4 visitor's visa or what will happen?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 1:21am On Jun 29, 2022
that's unusual.. we only paid the DHL delivery fee. biometrics was done in Abuja and passport submitted in Abuja

afrobrown2000:
@shams i did my in Abuja and submitted in Abuja..... was still told to pay transmission fee .... my passport was return and i paid it and sent ,,,then got my passport in 4 working days .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by shams040(m): 6:38am On Jun 29, 2022
Please For those that have stamped their passport for sowp, do you get letter of introduction?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ketima: 6:44am On Jun 29, 2022
shams040:
Please For those that have stamped their passport for sowp, do you get letter of introduction?

Yes
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 8:59am On Jun 29, 2022
Who has had to redo a medical?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:50am On Jun 29, 2022
Where are the PPR alerts please

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 12:56pm On Jun 29, 2022
My spouse got medical request yesterday. Her upfront Medical expired June 22. Just last week and my two kids got approval on their VV.
Would drop my time line as soon as the medical issue is sorted. The application will be 1year on the 21st of july 2022. Applied since July 22, 2021.

10 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 2:03pm On Jun 29, 2022
[I have been waiting for this
Biggest congratulations to you.
Since yesterday?? Na wa o
Why u never shout here since
quote author=skull4eva post=114260624]My spouse got medical request yesterday. Her upfront Medical expired June 22. Just last week and my two kids got approval on their VV.
Would drop my time line as soon as the medical issue is sorted. The application will be 1year on the 21st of july 2022. Applied since July 22, 2021.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 2:06pm On Jun 29, 2022
[Big big congratulations to you @ skulleva
My hope is strengthened. My assurance is strong. After iffylove, I have been expecting this for you. You don try man
quote author=skull4eva post=114260624]My spouse got medical request yesterday. Her upfront Medical expired June 22. Just last week and my two kids got approval on their VV.
Would drop my time line as soon as the medical issue is sorted. The application will be 1year on the 21st of july 2022. Applied since July 22, 2021.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.