Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (808603 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 3:34pm On Jul 06, 2022
Continue to harass them with follow up you will get your this week.
Raise a webform and send mail to IRCC
atoke2021:
Hello all,
I have an issue and I would appreciate some advice.
My husband got his visa approved June 22nd. Unfortunately we had just submitted his visa to Sweden on June 17th for us to go for a vacation. So once we got Canadian visa approval, we requested withdrawal of Sweden visa application. While they have withdrawn it, it is taking some time to get the passport sent back from their embassy (they do all Nigerian applications from Nairobi). When we reached out, Sweden embassy said they had sent the passport back to VFS Lagos on 30th of June. But till now it has not gotten to VFS. We are getting scared because the deadline to submit passport for Canada is 30 days which is fast approaching. If we don’t get the passport Back by next week, we are in a bind. As you know there is holiday next week so we also wonder how that will affect things. I was thinking I should email Canada Nairobi and beg for an extension but as we know they don’t respond to their emails until 30 days. How do I go about this?

Would appreciate any help that can be given.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 3:35pm On Jul 06, 2022
lizzygurl:
Congrats, please in case you get the sample letter of intent, I will like to have it also.

Can anyone explain the difference btw letter of purpose and letter of explanation

Letter of purpose also know as statement of purpose to the VO for a fresh applicant that is a first time applicant, while Letter of explanation LOE is to accompany an initial sop for a second or third time applicant whose initial visa application was denied. This letter is to explain the concerns raised by the VO and how best you have worked on it and made the required ammendments

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2022
The problem now is VFS is behaving as if we are begging them to do us a favor when all we are asking for is the passport back which the embassy said it has sent. I am really scared. We called their call center today and the way customer service was responding to us was as if we were disturbing them. Even though we stressed the urgency of the situation to them.

I will send mail to Nairobi and show them proof of my husbands passport being with Sweden.

Thank you very much. I will update on the situation
jogojogo:
Continue to harass them with follow up you will get your this week.
Raise a webform and send mail to IRCC
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bioinfoguy: 6:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Please, how long does the eligibility review take? SOWP eligibility review started June 28 but no update till now. Kids VV was approved the same day. What could be causing the delay for the SOWP?

Bioinfoguy:
Hello everyone!

My wife applied for SOWP and VV for our kids to join me (PhD student) in Canada. Here is the application timeline.

Submission date: November 7, 2021
Biometrics date: November 17, 2021
Upfront Medical: March 15, 2022
MP contacted IRCC: April 27, 2022 (Eligibility not started)
MP contacted IRCC: May 27, 2022 (Eligibility not started)

We have sent countless emails to Nairobi but we only received generic emails from them like the one below.
Please, what else can we do to expedite the visa processing? The waiting is disturbing and depressing.

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
Thanks for the response

Will my spouse need letter of explanation. He was initially refused for study permit, but now he wants to apply for Sowp
skull4eva:

Letter of purpose also know as statement of purpose to the VO for a fresh applicant that is a first time applicant, while Letter of explanation LOE is to accompany an initial sop for a second or third time applicant whose initial visa application was denied. This letter is to explain the concerns raised by the VO and how best you have worked on it and made the required ammendments
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 7:03pm On Jul 06, 2022
Thanks for the response

Will my spouse need letter of explanation. He was initially refused for study permit, but now he wants to apply for Sowp

skull4eva:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 7:43pm On Jul 06, 2022
lizzygurl:
Thanks for the response

Yes he will

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 7:45pm On Jul 06, 2022
Did you respond to the generic mail?
If not,kindly respond to it.
I'm my own case, eligibility Review started 30th of May. I later did upfront medical and was updated as passed 2 weeks ago. No update since then.
What I can say is, you just need a little more patience. Your case is almost done.
Once a while raise a webform and email to present the case to IRCC.
Finally, when did you do your medical and when was it updated as passed?
Bioinfoguy:
Please, how long does the eligibility review take? SOWP eligibility review started June 28 but no update till now. Kids VV was approved the same day. What could be causing the delay for the SOWP?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 9:23pm On Jul 06, 2022
Omnisavage:
Hello, please did you do anything to resolve this issue or it just resolved itself?

Sorry for the late reply, it got resolved on its own
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2022
[quote author=jogojogo post=114486902]Did you respond to the generic mail?
If not,kindly respond to it.
I'm my own case, eligibility Review started 30th of May. I later did upfront medical and was updated as passed 2 weeks ago. No update since then.
What I can say is, you just need a little more patience. Your case is almost done.
Once a while raise a webform and email to present the case to IRCC.
Finally, when did you do your medical and when was it updated as passed?[/quote

Did you get medical request? Or u did upfront medical
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2022
Upfront medical[quote author=skull4eva post=114489934][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Choco22: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2022
Please is it compulsory to travel with cash
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Choco22: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
Someone should reply please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lucipee: 2:15pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hello, I just got a request letter to submit my spouse
Job in Noc 0,A or B , my spouse work in Noc C because she had a baby and works from home. How will I do this?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 2:44pm On Jul 07, 2022
It's not compulsory
Choco22:
Please is it compulsory to travel with cash
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2022
Oh wow. This is tricky. One of the requirements of SOWP when spouse is a worker in Canada is that the job must be NOC 0 A or B.
How many days did they give you to submit. I ask because they sometimes give people 120 days and they use that time to find the a new job.

I suggest your spouse asks their employer if there are any open roles within their organization that you think would qualify.

Others that have encountered a similar situation should advice please.
Lucipee:
Hello, I just got a request letter to submit my spouse
Job in Noc 0,A or B , my spouse work in Noc C because she had a baby and works from home. How will I do this?

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2022
Update. We have submitted the passport for stamping.
atoke2021:
The problem now is VFS is behaving as if we are begging them to do us a favor when all we are asking for is the passport back which the embassy said it has sent. I am really scared. We called their call center today and the way customer service was responding to us was as if we were disturbing them. Even though we stressed the urgency of the situation to them.

I will send mail to Nairobi and show them proof of my husbands passport being with Sweden.

Thank you very much. I will update on the situation

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2022
Yea!!
Congratulations!!!
atoke2021:
Update. We have submitted the passport for stamping.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikekhan: 6:30pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hello house,
I'm in a bit of a fix here. My introduction letter expires on the 31st of July which is same as my wife's study permit expiry. She has applied for PGWP since May. What should my next step be given this? Is there anyway to extend this ultimatum pending my wife's PGWP approval? Who can I contact to advice on next steps

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 11:29pm On Jul 07, 2022
Hello All,

Please can being in the express entry pool lead to reversal of my spouse sowp. We are yet to apply for the sowp. Will I use my profile or my spouse profile for the sowp.

NB: I am the one with study permit
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 1:53am On Jul 08, 2022
lizzygurl:
Hello All,

Please can being in the express entry pool lead to reversal of my spouse sowp. We are yet to apply for the sowp. Will I use my profile or my spouse profile for the sowp.

NB: I am the one with study permit
For canada visa application dual intent is allowed so far the visa types are not of the same category. So having Express entry application and sowp or vv is allowed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 7:02am On Jul 08, 2022
Guys, please help me. How do you attach the IMM forms to Open Work Permit application? Do you just;
(1) fill the forms, save and attach to the application or
(2) fill the forms, print, sign and then attach as PDF?
I ask because there's a place to sign on some of the forms and I don't know how to sign it electronically.

Also, can merge other documents to the various sections? For instance, in the space where you have "Passport" can i merge previous visas with it?

Somebody help please
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 8:59am On Jul 08, 2022
purespikes:
Guys, please help me. How do you attach the IMM forms to Open Work Permit application? Do you just;
(1) fill the forms, save and attach to the application or
(2) fill the forms, print, sign and then attach as PDF?
I ask because there's a place to sign on some of the forms and I don't know how to sign it electronically.

Also, can merge other documents to the various sections? For instance, in the space where you have "Passport" can i merge previous visas with it?

Somebody help please

U fill it online please do not sign it use the latest adobe reader it will work. The only authentication needed is your name i think.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AKANLE2: 9:32am On Jul 08, 2022
PPR ALERT in 2 months (SOWP plus Study Permit for my 3 kids)

I want to give all glory to the Almighty God who can only do this. I did not do anything special except to pray daily to God using the book of John 14:13-14. He is indeed the Almighty. My timeline is stated below:

Application Submitted: May 6, 2022
Biometric s date: May 17,2022
Medical Request: June 16,2022
Medical Done at Qlife: June 30,2022
Medical updated as pass: July 6, 2022
PPR for Spouse(OWP) and 3 kids(SPP): July 8,2022

I used same GCkey that I used for my Study visa last year. I didn't create new GCkey for my family Application .
All glory to God who showed me mercy.

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
proof of study (enrolment letter, transcript, tuition receipt)
proof of relationship ( marriage certificate, enough pictures)
study leave and employee introduction letter
wife certificate( she has only NCE).

I entered Canada in January 18, 2022. PGD Student(2 years program).

It can only be God, Halleluyah

20 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:43am On Jul 08, 2022
Congratulations!!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iyin2017: 10:06am On Jul 08, 2022
Congratulations!!!!God that did it for you will do ours
AKANLE2:

I want to give all glory to the Almighty God who can only do this. I did not do anything special except to pray daily to God using the book of John 14:13-14. He is indeed the Almighty. My timeline is stated below:

I used same GCkey that I used for my Study visa last year. I didn't create new GCkey for my family Application .

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 10:10am On Jul 08, 2022
AKANLE2:

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms

You didn't add SOP for your wife?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AKANLE2: 10:19am On Jul 08, 2022
hotboss:

You didn't add SOP for your wife?

I did and I also wrote letter of invitation to IRCC

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 10:32am On Jul 08, 2022
AKANLE2:

I did and I also wrote letter of invitation to IRCC
Congratulations . Ur application was really fast.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jonaholorun(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2022
Wooow... Congratulations. I just wonder how your medical updated so quickly to past on the 6th, it is still in your favor generally looking at the timeline

Congratulations, Enjoy cannyland

AKANLE2:

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 3:04pm On Jul 08, 2022
skull4eva:

U fill it online please do not sign it use the latest adobe reader it will work. The only authentication needed is your name i think.

Thanks bro. So, after filling, I will save it and attach right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.