Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (231) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802737 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 4:52pm On Jul 08, 2022
purespikes:

Thanks bro. So, after filling, I will save it and attach right?
Sure thats correct

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 4:54pm On Jul 08, 2022
AKANLE2:
PPR ALERT in 2 months (SOWP plus Study Permit for my 3 kids)

I want to give all glory to the Almighty God who can only do this. I did not do anything special except to pray daily to God using the book of John 14:13-14. He is indeed the Almighty. My timeline is stated below:

Application Submitted: May 6, 2022
Biometric s date: May 17,2022
Medical Request: June 16,2022
Medical Done at Qlife: June 30,2022
Medical updated as pass: July 6, 2022
PPR for Spouse(OWP) and 3 kids(SPP): July 8,2022

I used same GCkey that I used for my Study visa last year. I didn't create new GCkey for my family Application .
All glory to God who showed me mercy.

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms
proof of study (enrolment letter, transcript, tuition receipt)
proof of relationship ( marriage certificate, enough pictures)
study leave and employee introduction letter
wife certificate( she has only NCE).

I entered Canada in January 18, 2022. PGD Student(2 years program).

It can only be God, Halleluyah

Congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lucipee: 5:00pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello, I just got a request letter to submit my spouse
Job in Noc 0,A or B , my spouse work in Noc C because she had a baby and works from home. Will writing to the VO be my best chance here , I have 2 weeks to submit the required documents
Pls advise

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cannyonyi: 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2022
Hello my people, Please I need your input in this my situation. So we applied for SOWP for my husband in February and Visitors visa instead of study visa for my 2 kids in February 2021 (yes I now know the visit visa for the kids under their dad's sowp application was wrong...bad advise from my agent) . When we didn't hear from IRCC, we applied for a Visit Visa for the whole family in October 2021. After several mails, webforms and letters to MP, we finally got a PPR for only my husband on July 4, 2022. However, my children's visit visa application under the SOWP was withdrawn and their Visit Visa under the Visitors visa application was cancelled with a message from IRCC that they will get in touch with us on what next we should do. This was like over a month now before this my husband's recent PPR request. We are yet to hear from them. We are now confused what to do about our children's withdrawn and cancelled applications. Please has anyone been in this situation or know anyone who has been. Inshort, I just need your input because my husband cannot travel without the children. Please my people what do I do?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 7:14pm On Jul 08, 2022
atoke2021:
Update. We have submitted the passport for stamping.

Lucky you. Congrats
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2022
skull4eva:

Sure thats correct
Thanks boss
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 7:24pm On Jul 08, 2022
cannyonyi:
Hello my people, Please I need your input in this my situation. So we applied for SOWP for my husband in February and Visitors visa instead of study visa for my 2 kids in February 2021 (yes I now know the visit visa for the kids under their dad's sowp application was wrong...bad advise from my agent) . When we didn't hear from IRCC, we applied for a Visit Visa for the whole family in October 2021. After several mails, webforms and letters to MP, we finally got a PPR for only my husband on July 4, 2022. However, my children's visit visa application under the SOWP was withdrawn and their Visit Visa under the Visitors visa application was cancelled with a message from IRCC that they will get in touch with us on what next we should do. This was like over a month now before this my husband's recent PPR request. We are yet to hear from them. We are now confused what to do about our children's withdrawn and cancelled applications. Please has anyone been in this situation or know anyone who has been. Inshort, I just need your input because my husband cannot travel without the children. Please my people what do I do?

I had a similar experience. While applying for my wife's Study Permit, I erroneously applied for Visitor visa for my kids. Wifey's study permit was approved and the Visitor visas were left hanging for months. I had to apply for study permits for them. Then, the visitor visas were cancelled and 2 weeks later, their study permits were approved. I used same documents and applied under wife's application page (new portal). I even ordered for GCMS notes on the cancelled applications and a part of it stated that Visas would be issued on study permit applications. All their applications, including wifey's took 2 months from the respective dates of applications.

I WILL ADVISE YOU APPLY FOR STUDY PERMIT FOR THE KIDS. It will fly

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikekhan: 7:55pm On Jul 08, 2022
mikekhan:
Hello house,
I'm in a bit of a fix here. My introduction letter expires on the 31st of July which is same as my wife's study permit expiry. She has applied for PGWP since May. What should my next step be given this? Is there anyway to extend this ultimatum pending my wife's PGWP approval? Who can I contact to advice on next steps

Any help on this my beautiful people?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by eyinola: 8:12pm On Jul 08, 2022
Please ,is the anything like work Permit to Canada? How legti can dat be?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2022
Would have loved to be of help but unfortunately, I have no knowledge on this
mikekhan:

Any help on this my beautiful people?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 9:05pm On Jul 08, 2022
Congrats.

Please can I get a sample of your letter of purpose. My spouse plans to apply for sowp in September

I also plan to use my GCkey to apply, will I be the one to write a letter of purpose, or is it my spouse or both of us.

If it is both of us, kindly advise on what the content should look like

Thank you
Jonaholorun:
Wooow... Congratulations. I just wonder how your medical updated so quickly to past on the 6th, it is still in your favor generally looking at the timeline

Congratulations, Enjoy cannyland

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:24pm On Jul 08, 2022
I will suggest you applied for study permit for them if they 5years and above in age
cannyonyi:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 4:13am On Jul 09, 2022
Ketima:
Hello guys,

So today God finally said that what he has joined, let not delay put assunder.

First time application

Submission date: February 23,2022

Biometrics: March 9th. Updated same day.

Medical: Upfront March 10

Medicals updated: March 22.

No other update, no ghost update.

Eligibility: June 15, 2022 at about 1:32pm.

BVL/PPR: June 15,2022 at about 1:50pm.

Documents submitted.

1). All IMM forms

2. Spouse (applicant) international passport

3. Digital photo

4. Proof of relationship
a. Birth Certificates ( it has our wedding date in it)
b. Affidavit of fact, stating we are married and when
c. Change of name newspaper publication
d. Court wedding certificate
e. Church wedding certificate
f. Wedding photos
g. Photos of us together at different locations

5. Upfront medicals

6. Client's Informations
a. Spouse letter of explanation ( from me the husband on study visa)
b. Statement of purpose
c. Applicant international passport
d. Applicant Previous international passport
e. Previous visa to UK
f. NIN
g. Resume
h. Waec
I. Bsc degree and transcript
j. NYSC discharge certificate
k. PGD certificate
l. Masters degree certificate
m. Msc transcript
n. Ongoing PhD admission letter and results
o. IELTS
p. Coventry university employability skills certificate
q. Spouse international passport
r. Spouse student visa
s. COVID-19 fully vaccination card
t. Tuition fee payment reciept

7. Proof of funds
a. Couples personal accounts statement. 6.8m
b. Couples biz account. about 27mio
c. Gift deed
d. CAC for biz
e. Tuition fee reciepts
f. Sponsorship Letter
g. Sponsorship declaration
h. Pension account statement with cover letter
I. Biz Waybills
j. Biz Receipts
k. Appointment letter ( working as company accountant/Financial manager)
l. Staff ID
m. Leave approval letter

8. Home ties
a. Job letter as stated above
b. School details as stated above
c. Land properties- survey plan, reciept of purchase, power or attorney, affidavit or proof of ownership.
d. Shares certificates
e. Car details.

So that's basically all I submitted for my wife. Thanks you all

Congratulations once again bro. I need your guidance on how to fill my form. The form I am filling does not have sections for "Proof of funds" and "Home ties" as you have highlighted. Apart from the 3 IMM forms, I only have sections for; PASSPORT, DIGITAL PHOTO, PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP, PROOF OF MEDICAL EXAMINATION and CLIENT INFORMATION. I hope I am filing the correct application form. If yes, can I merge and upload other documents on the various sections, including "digital photos "?

Thanks as you reply
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 6:42am On Jul 09, 2022
Jogojogo I think he needs to fly before that date ASAP. The reason I say that is because when I was in the Facebook group for Indians SOWP, somebody had that same issue and because he did not fly by the time his visa and introduction letter expired, he had to apply again which took like 5 months.

For the OP: please can you try to go to Canada before the 31st of July. I’m begging you. The reason is that if you enter Canada before then, all you have to do is either go flagpole (that is if your wife has collected PGWP ooo) or apply for extension online of WP from INSIDE Canada (which is faster). Please don’t let them make you have to reapply for Nigeria again. With what we are all seeing this processing time is not going down realistically.

I know I am asking you to plan a big trip in less than 3 weeks but please try and pack your load, go there, do flagpoling at a land border in Canada (preferably), apply for a visa inside Canada(Ottawa VO) and then you can leave Canada back to Nigeria if you choose.

jogojogo:
Would have loved to be of help but unfortunately, I have no knowledge on this

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by atoke2021: 1:19pm On Jul 09, 2022
This is a really sad scenario becuase one of the requirement of getting SOWP if your spouse is working full time in Canada is that the job has to be NOC 0,A or B.

Please can anyone else advice this person.
To be honest with you I don’t think a letter of explanation can make a VO not follow the requirements of this SOWP.
Please if you don’t mind me asking, were you guys aware of this requirements when you applied for SOWP? Cause if you were, she could have looked for another job while the visa was processing.

Others in the house, what should this person do?

I think this is a tricky situation ooo.

Lucipee:
Hello, I just got a request letter to submit my spouse
Job in Noc 0,A or B , my spouse work in Noc C because she had a baby and works from home. Will writing to the VO be my best chance here , I have 2 weeks to submit the required documents
Pls advise

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Homoshalewa: 1:39pm On Jul 09, 2022
Please I received this email from vsf but I have my bio in Lagos what is going to happen and still yet have not received my passport. Thus I send it from Lagos, when should I be expecting it.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 3:09pm On Jul 09, 2022
Thanks @ atoke.
I think this is becoming clearer to me and I hope the op consider this suggestion as quick as possible.
atoke2021:
Jogojogo I think he needs to fly before that date ASAP. The reason I say that is because when I was in the Facebook group for Indians SOWP, somebody had that same issue and because he did not fly by the time his visa and introduction letter expired, he had to apply again which took like 5 months.

For the OP: please can you try to go to Canada before the 31st of July. I’m begging you. The reason is that if you enter Canada before then, all you have to do is either go flagpole (that is if your wife has collected PGWP ooo) or apply for extension online of WP from INSIDE Canada (which is faster). Please don’t let them make you have to reapply for Nigeria again. With what we are all seeing this processing time is not going down realistically.

I know I am asking you to plan a big trip in less than 3 weeks but please try and pack your load, go there, do flagpoling at a land border in Canada (preferably), apply for a visa inside Canada(Ottawa VO) and then you can leave Canada back to Nigeria if you choose.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AKANLE2: 8:18pm On Jul 09, 2022
Good afternoon House,

Please I need a copy of consent letter the husband gives to his spouse who will be coming with kids (minors) from Nigeria to Canada. and any other necessary docs to be carried.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 12:50am On Jul 10, 2022
AKANLE2:

I want to give all glory to the Almighty God who can only do this. I did not do anything special except to pray daily to God using the book of John 14:13-14. He is indeed the Almighty. My timeline is stated below:

I used same GCkey that I used for my Study visa last year. I didn't create new GCkey for my family Application .

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms

Congratulations to you and your family.
Do you mean you started a fresh application for your spouse and kids with the same GCkey(your own profile)? So I can do that for my spouse who is still in Nigeria? If I had known this was feasible, I wouldn't have opened a new application profile for my spouse.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AKANLE2: 5:16am On Jul 10, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Do you mean you started a fresh application for your spouse and kids with the same GCkey(your own profile)? So I can do that for my spouse who is still in Nigeria? If I had known this was feasible, I wouldn't have opened a new application profile for my spouse.
v

Yes,it is possible. I used the same gckey account that I used for my own study Visa application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2022
Is there any negative implication if I intend to do an update on my submitted loe/sop by submitting the updated copy through webform?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 8:43pm On Jul 10, 2022
jogojogo:
Is there any negative implication if I intend to do an update on my submitted loe/sop by submitting the updated copy through webform?

No negative implication
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 9:30pm On Jul 10, 2022
Thanks brother
skull4eva:

No negative implication
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ketima: 11:44pm On Jul 10, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Hello,

Yes I used the same GCKey I used for my study permit to apply for spouse SOWP as well. I even used the same email I used for my study permit application that is bearing my name for spouse SOWP.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by heydamiejay: 1:26am On Jul 11, 2022
Congratulations, please did your spouse do another biometrics ,how does it work if you use same account cos I intend to do so
AKANLE2:

Documents submitted:
All IMM forms

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Toceen2022: 7:13am On Jul 11, 2022
Ketima:

Hello,

Yes I used the same GCKey I used for my study permit to apply for spouse SOWP as well. I even used the same email I used for my study permit application that is bearing my name for spouse SOWP.
Hello Ketima, in a situation where I used the new portal for my study permit, do I or my spouse open GC key for the SOWP and VV our child, she's 6 months? What do you suggest please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ketima: 10:12am On Jul 11, 2022
Toceen2022:

Hello Ketima, in a situation where I used the new portal for my study permit, do I or my spouse open GC key for the SOWP and VV our child, she's 6 months? What do you suggest please?

Hello,

SOWP isn't in the new Portal. You can only apply for SOWP using GCKey. So use the GCKey for both of them as a joint application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 2:04pm On Jul 11, 2022
Hi Akanle2

I don't think you need a consent letter to travel with kids to meet your spouse.

A consent could be important at the stage of visa application, but not when you already possess the visas. Remember you and the children are dependents of the spouse in Canada.

Gurus may have a different opinion, though.

AKANLE2:
Good afternoon House,

Please I need a copy of consent letter the husband gives to his spouse who will be coming with kids (minors) from Nigeria to Canada. and any other necessary docs to be carried.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2022
AKANLE2:
Good afternoon House,

Hi Akanle2, I don't know if it is required. However I think you can get your husband to give you a simple letter that reads something like:

After his address
To whom it may concern,

Consent letter
I, (husband's name) with passport number (....) write to give my consent for my wife (wife name) with passport number (......) to travel with our child/ren (child's name), Date of birth (....), passport number to Canada. This travel is to reunite my family to me since I am an international student living here in Canada at (....).

Please kindly grant them all necessary assistance.

Thank you,
Signature
Name

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AKANLE2: 12:09am On Jul 12, 2022
SweetJJ:

Hi Akanle2, I don't know if it is required. However I think you can get your husband to give you a simple letter that reads something like:

After his address
To whom it may concern,

Consent letter
I, (husband's name) with passport number (....) write to give my consent for my wife (wife name) with passport number (......) to travel with our child/ren (child's name), Date of birth (....), passport number to Canada. This travel is to reunite my family to me since I am an international student living here in Canada at (....).

Please kindly grant them all necessary assistance.

Thank you,
Signature
Name

I really appreciate this,God bless you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 9:50am On Jul 12, 2022
Good morning all,pls i need suggestion from anyone that has been in my situation before,my wife and son got medical request on the 15th of june and they were able to do it on the 27th,my son's medical was passed on the 28th while my wife's isn't and its just few days to the 30days window,what should i do?
Secondly,we stated in the application that my wife is pregnant,now my wife gave birth last week,should we send a webform to notify ircc or wait till we get ppr then apply for baby's own separately .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 11:12am On Jul 12, 2022
Sweetness24:
Good morning all,pls i need suggestion from anyone that has been in my situation before,my wife and son got medical request on the 15th of june and they were able to do it on the 27th,my son's medical was passed on the 28th while my wife's isn't and its just few days to the 30days window,what should i do?
Secondly,we stated in the application that my wife is pregnant,now my wife gave birth last week,should we send a webform to notify ircc or wait till we get ppr then apply for baby's own separately .

Hello,
I'd suggest you relax. The medical will be updated for your wife's application too. Congratulations for the birth of your new baby. I'd also suggest you do not wait. Send a webform attach a letter of explanation, birth certificate and if possible an updated statement of account to show you have enough funds for the new addition, get a passport for the baby and add his/her application. Getting a medical request is a positive sign. Congratulations in advance.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.