Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,696 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (252) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (811807 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Darasimi3902: 11:39pm On Aug 31, 2022
[Good evening everyone, I am a silent reader here, please do I fill VFS consent form for my son who is my dependant

Oh really? Then that's new. What I know is that if you do biometrics in Lagos and you are sending your passport to Lagos for stamping, then you do not need to pay the transmission fee. The same goes with Abuja. But if you are sending your passport to Abuja while your biometrics was done in Lagos you need to pay and vice versa.

I hope you submitted your biometrics slip anyways. [/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Darasimi3902: 11:42pm On Aug 31, 2022
[Good evening everyone, I am a silent reader here, I want to send our passports to Abuja tomorrow,please do I fill VFS consent form for my son who is my dependant or mine covers him?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 12:08am On Sep 01, 2022
Darasimi3902:
[Good evening everyone, I am a silent reader here, I want to send our passports to Abuja tomorrow,please do I fill VFS consent form for my son who is my dependant or mine covers him?

You are filling a separate consent form for the child but you will be the one to sign.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 12:23am On Sep 01, 2022
skull4eva:

Living expenses for a year should be fine but i will advice u show a plan on how the second one will be paid and in doing that avoid stating the you will work to pay in canada.

Wow. Thanks so much. My POF will cover my second year tuition. And first year living expenses fpr all of us.

I plan to add my employment and paid study leave letter. My company CAC and my wife business CAC.
House paper amd land papers. What do u think.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 3:00am On Sep 01, 2022
Nadingo:
You mean there are universities/colleges in Canada who run 2yrs PGD/PGC programs? I thought they are all for a year duration and that was why I was worried.

Yes alot

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 3:01am On Sep 01, 2022
hotboss:

Wow. Thanks so much. My POF will cover my second year tuition. And first year living expenses fpr all of us.

I plan to add my employment and paid study leave letter. My company CAC and my wife business CAC.
House paper amd land papers. What do u think.
That will be fine as well

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by geotherm: 7:38am On Sep 01, 2022
How do you get study permit for kids above5 s friend was told by public school here that they don't issue admission in advance that whoever the children arrive he can enroll them

SweetJJ:

Depends on the kids age. Less than 5, apply for visitor visa, above 5 apply for study permit.

I hope this helps. All the best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2022
geotherm:
How do you get study permit for kids above5 s friend was told by public school here that they don't issue admission in advance that whoever the children arrive he can enroll them

You don't necessarily need to get the kids admission letter. Upload the parent's (main applicant) admission letter.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by May06: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2022
Lilyebi:
I actually booked medical exam for my kids with Qlife. Our appointment was for last week Monday. We had same issue of appointment confirmation. We waited and waited for the confirmation, it didn't come. So, my husband had to call someone he knows in the clinic, she had to help book the appointment. Hope this helps

Hello everyone!

Please is there anyone who booked appointment at Qlife for medicals this September? I booked an appointment today, made payment but havent received confirmation of appointment. Please is there anyone who also booked an appointment today. If yes, please did you receive an email of confirmation?

Thank you.

Thank you Lilyebi. This was very helpful. I eventually called the clinic too.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lilyebi: 11:00pm On Sep 01, 2022
May06:

Oh!!! Thank God I could help. Wish you success
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zurryland: 1:09am On Sep 02, 2022
Pls what was their responsecos theres no slot available for this september.am confused.how do i book pls and what was their response??

Thank you Lilyebi. This was very helpful. I eventually called the clinic too.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 1:33am On Sep 02, 2022
skull4eva:

Am not a vo but from the bolded above i will also refuse the application. You cannot want to bring in ur family and not have ur personal funds. Ask almost everyone here ur personal statement of account is required either urs or ur spouse own. Uncle how? Thats not a acceptable. U are not studying u are going to be responsible to someones finances which is that of ur spouse already in canada. The best now is borrow money to build ur spouse account or wait till he can afford to put his own money in the account either ways his statement of account and urs is required especially if he claims u are working or doing business.
Note that he also needs to show proof of tuition payment too when he reapplies for you or when u reapply as well as some money for his upkeep. Now you need 5k cad for yourself and 4kcad per child. So since it is u and him plus one child i guess then an excess of 15k cad with evidence of tuition payment shud fly.

THANKS@SKULL4EVER.
What if the spouse in canada is a worker (not a student) and she is bringing in her husband with 3 kids, how would the POF look like.[color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 2:16am On Sep 02, 2022
skull4eva:

Before sweetjj responds let me just say this the visa type for ur kids depends on their ages. If ur kids are less than 4yrs u can apply for vv but for those above 5years that can go to elementry school and above u can apply for a study permit. So let me ask what are their ages?

@SKULL4EVA.
What if the kid is 4yrs 5months at point of application

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lilyebi: 3:20am On Sep 02, 2022
zurryland:
Pls what was their responsecos theres no slot available for this september.am confused.how do i book pls and what was their response??

Did you try calling them? If you didn't, then you should try calling them to hear what they have to say. If there's no slot to book, that means you can't book for September. Or probably there's no appointment for September. I would advice you try another clinic. Hope this helps you.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 3:48am On Sep 02, 2022
keleto:

THANKS@SKULL4EVER.
What if the spouse in canada is a worker (not a student) and she is bringing in her husband with 3 kids, how would the POF look like.[color=#006600][/color]

The spouse in canada should show POF for the spouse coming and the kids. This is around 5k for spouse and 4k each for each child. Then the work permit and a job in NOC A or B. That should be fine. 12k plus 5k equals 17k for the POF and i will advise like 20 to 24k to all excess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 3:49am On Sep 02, 2022
keleto:

@SKULL4EVA.
What if the kid is 4yrs 5months at point of application

Its still visit once he is not 5years as at the time of application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 5:48am On Sep 02, 2022
SweetJJ:

You don't necessarily need to get the kids admission letter. Upload the parent's (main applicant) admission letter.

pls @SWEETJJ,@SKULL4EVER

What if the spouse is on work permit, what will be uploaded on the kids admission section,when both of the parents are not student
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kam3: 6:22am On Sep 02, 2022
Alhamdulilah always!! All thanks to God. SOWP approved

13 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by fadebayo1: 8:58am On Sep 02, 2022
Good morning great people! I have an urgent question please. I have submitted my application for my study permit for January 2023 session without my husband and only child. I wanted them to be a strong tie in nigeria so the plan was to get my permit and have them submit theirs immediately i get mine permit approved.

My question now is at what point do i put in their application?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yemlizzy(f): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2022
jimogh111:
Praise God!!!! What God cannot do does not exist.

Hi Everyone, I am here to share my testimony and also drop the timeline of my application. It hasn’t been an easy road but God finally completed His work and to Him I return all the glory.
This was my second SOWP visa application as I had put in my first application together with my wife’s first study permit application early 2021 and both applications got refused. We had retained initially retained the services of a very reputable IRCC registered consultant in Canada and spent so much for this service, so getting a refusal on both applications had taken us off balance. In that confusion and desperation for a quick solution, I had gotten online and discovered the Study Permit thread on Nairaland which I thoroughly read through for weeks and kept coming across a particular name with people singing his praises and how he helped transform their cases and refusals to approvals through his detailed touch “Frankrobb”, I took a leap of faith and reached out to him and I must confess, that was one of the greatest decisions I ever made. After consulting with him, we agreed my wife applied alone for her second study permit application and when she gets the visa and arrives Canada, I apply for my SOWP to join her which we did and here we are, all visas approved to the praises, glory and thanks to God almighty. I want to also use this medium to appreciate Mr Frank for his hard work and also being a blessing to my family’s application success, your cup will never run dry, men will favour you and come to your aid before you ask. Amen.

My timeline:

Application submitted on 9th May, 2022.

Biometric was from previous application and was updated on 11th May, 2022.

Did upfront medicals on 5th May, 2022 that was submitted with my application documents.

Medicals didn’t update until July 15th when I decided to disturb IRCC Nairobi and Abuja in July through emails and webforms.

PPR on 29th August, 2022.

Documents submitted:

The basic IRCC forms from their website,

My SOP, My bank statement, Bank reference letter, Employment Appointment letters, My Bachelors and Masters Degree Certificates, Marriage certificate, Newspaper publication for wife’s change of name, Sworn Affidavit of wife’s name change, Trad and White wedding Pictures, family pictures with parents and siblings, COVID vaccination card, National ID Card, Upfront Medical Sheet, Old and new International Passport Biodata pages, Police Certificates (Nigeria and UK), NYSC Certificate, Passport Photo, WES Assessment, SSCE Certificate, Landed property documents, Car documents, Professional Certifications, Leave letter, Work ID card, Payslips for 6months, CV, Work Promotion letter, Birth certificate, past visa pages and stamps on my passport, wife’s study visa, wife’s study permit, wife’s admission letter, wife’s school ID card, wife’s enrollment letter, wife’s letters of Authorization and Invitation, wife’s passport bio data page, wife’s social insurance number(SIN) document, wife’s full tuition payment receipt.

I wish everyone here God’s favour and good luck and I do hope that this post encourages and gives fresh hope to someone on this journey because with God all things are possible.
Thanks all. Blessings
Congratulations, God is good!!! I’m expectant cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 9:42am On Sep 02, 2022
Kam3:

Congratulations. Is your Spouse on Canada? What did you do differently? Please respond
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pyale: 10:12am On Sep 02, 2022
SOWP PPR is here!....

Hello house, please rejoice with me as my wife's PPR just dropped. We applied on June 16 2022, review started first week in August and medical was updated to pass on August 8 (did upfront medical). Bvl letter sent on August 17th, and ever since then, no update!

Although we were worried why BVL was sent without PPR, we were calm as the application has been processed faster than we expected (65 wks processing time as at the time we submitted in June)

But on seeing the message that @Kam3 posted this morning that her/his PPR already dropped, I was motivated to contact IRCC since Kam3 submitted his/her application in July while we submitted June.

I immediately wrote an email to IRCC, explaining that we were yet to hear back from them since BVL was sent. I immediately received a confirmation email that I will be responded to in 5 working days. Since it's late here Canada, I was just about going to bed when my wife called that I should check her gmail for an email from IRCC.

Lo and behold, PPR message has dropped! That was just like 28 mins after I sent the email to IRCC.

I am happy to provide details of necessary docs that were submitted if anyone is interested in that. I am also happy to provide guidance for any future SOWP applicants. Meanwhile, my wife and I got married in December 2021, and I returned to Canada in January 2022. She just finished her undergraduate studies last month, so this good news is coming at the right time!

I want to use this medium to return all thanks and praises to Almighty God who facilitated my wife's SOWP.

I also want to thank everyone on this platform who has been so helpful in responding to messages, and providing necessary guidance on the SOWP application. Without your help and testimonies here, we wouldn't have been able to put forward a very strong application.

And for those of us still waiting for a decision, yours is next! Regularly pray about your application and don't lose hope.

And just an advice, when sending message to IRCC, be humble, praise them first, acknowledge that you understand they are dealing with lots of applications before making your request.

Thank you, Master JESUS!!!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 1:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
fadebayo1:
Good morning great people! I have an urgent question please. I have submitted my application for my study permit for January 2023 session without my husband and only child. I wanted them to be a strong tie in nigeria so the plan was to get my permit and have them submit theirs immediately i get mine permit approved.

After you get your own study permit approved. Alternatively, you can decide to get to Canada first and then submit their application. Totally depends on you, but be sure your documentations are in order.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kam3: 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2022
purespikes:

Congratulations. Is your Spouse on Canada? What did you do differently? Please respond

Thank you. My spouse is still in Nigeria she will be resuming October.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Keneoje: 2:07pm On Sep 02, 2022
Congrats. Pls which email did you use in sending mails
mrlycan:
Congratulations ooooooooooooo...This is good news. Please I dont have an idea of what Bank reference letter looks like. My sponsor went to Zenith Bank to ask for reference letter and he was asked who should they address the letter to. Please does the reference letter need to be addressed to anyone and please what is the address. I need to get the reference letter tomorrow. Please help ooo

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:20pm On Sep 02, 2022
fadebayo1:

You are making a big mistake of making them your strong tie becos when u get the visa and u want to untie them and bring them to canada you will understand why you were not suppose to make them strong tie in the first place. Anyway on a lighter mood if you have not submitted your application i will advice that u strongly avoid making them your home tie use properties, job aged parents and likes that better.
Its just a simple analogy. You use people as a bond of return now u have now returned but want you bond of return to come meet you than invariably you are telling the VO that you dont plan to return. We all know the return policy is a scam yes but they always put it there.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 5:21pm On Sep 02, 2022
Pyale:
SOWP PPR is here!....

Hello house, please rejoice with me as my wife's PPR just dropped. We applied on June 16 2022, review started first week in August and medical was updated to pass on August 8 (did upfront medical). Bvl letter sent on August 17th, and ever since then, no update!

Although we were worried why BVL was sent without PPR, we were calm as the application has been processed faster than we expected (65 wks processing time as at the time we submitted in June)

But on seeing the message that @Kam3 posted this morning that her/his PPR already dropped, I was motivated to contact IRCC since Kam3 submitted his/her application in July while we submitted June.

I immediately wrote an email to IRCC, explaining that we were yet to hear back from them since BVL was sent. I immediately received a confirmation email that I will be responded to in 5 working days. Since it's late here Canada, I was just about going to bed when my wife called that I should check her gmail for an email from IRCC.

Lo and behold, PPR message has dropped! That was just like 28 mins after I sent the email to IRCC.

I am happy to provide details of necessary docs that were submitted if anyone is interested in that. I am also happy to provide guidance for any future SOWP applicants. Meanwhile, my wife and I got married in December 2021, and I returned to Canada in January 2022. She just finished her undergraduate studies last month, so this good news is coming at the right time!

I want to use this medium to return all thanks and praises to Almighty God who facilitated my wife's SOWP.

I also want to thank everyone on this platform who has been so helpful in responding to messages, and providing necessary guidance on the SOWP application. Without your help and testimonies here, we wouldn't have been able to put forward a very strong application.

And for those of us still waiting for a decision, yours is next! Regularly pray about your application and don't lose hope.

And just an advice, when sending message to IRCC, be humble, praise them first, acknowledge that you understand they are dealing with lots of applications before making your request.

Congratulations!!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2022
@Darasimi

A child is not required to fill a VFS Consent Form, given that he/she did not undergo biometrics in the first place.

Just send his international passport, along with a statement of address, datapage of international passport and proof of payment of biometric fee.

Wishing you success.

Darasimi3902:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 7:43pm On Sep 02, 2022
@purespikes

Your response is highly appreciated. It means so much to me.

Thank you for your time.

purespikes:

My wife travelled with 3 kids on 25th August, 2022. The rule is that a fully vaccinated parent can travel with unvaccinated kids who are less than 12 years old. This is her case. So, all the kids were allowed to travel with her without stress. Also, fill your arriveCan at least 72 hours before your arrival in Canada. One form is ok so long you include accompanying kids. All the food she carried were packaged and sealed, so no issues. She didn't carry meats, vegetables and milk though. I remember she had the LOI and study permits for everyone handy, alongside the documents relating to her school. That's basically it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omariam: 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2022
Kam3:
Congratulations!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omariam: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2022
Pyale:
SOWP PPR is here!....

Congratulations!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by JosephYemsol(m): 1:02am On Sep 03, 2022
Hello sir, i am currenrly in the same situatuion.. We applied for sowp for my wife june 5, we got bvl aug 12 and nothin ever since. I sent a mail few days ago and only got a generic response... Please if u can help me with yoyr email format. Im also calm too cos it seems faster as well...

Pyale:
SOWP PPR is here!....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) ... (387) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.