Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,120 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804485 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iyin2017: 4:51am On Oct 03, 2022
Weird post, but can people please drop their waiting/ approval timelines, so those of us that are just applying will have an idea of the recent processing time.

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by femo86(m): 6:32am On Oct 03, 2022
gugu40:
Hello everyone, please I need help and advice on how to go about my children’s application. I'm a little bit confused about their status here now.
We just moved to Canada as a family. My wife came here as a student (Study Permit) and I was given a Spouse Open Work Permit based on my wife’s status (student). We moved to Canada with our children who were issued study permit based on their mother’s status as a student. They are now in a public elementary school.
My wife just got her Post Graduate Work Permit approved and she is working now, I got my spouse open work permit too, but my children’s study permit will expire in a few months’ time.
There is no information on what to do for my children status, when their study permits expire.
What do I do next for my children?

I believe you and your wife are working legally. Your children are safe, no cause for alarm. You can find out from the authority on the steps to take but I'm certain your kids are perfectly safe

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teelady(f): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2022
Update, Just got my medical updated to pass after 2month of review for the sowp... This wait thou,
teelady:
Two ghost update so far, last upper week and last week....this alone can give someone bp, medical isn't updated since April that I applied, just showing"we are reviewing your medical result" application review started 02 august, even the visit visa I applied with my kids may, only the kids medicals were updated July and that was it...my medical was also stating same thing in the visit visa, if not that I feel very healthy and I have done personal check ups, this people would have killed me with thinking. I have sent webform enquiring, pleading and requesting....but from today henceforth am done, when they are ready they would reach out.......if no be Nigeria wey dey fall person hand sef....the rest is with God sha, wishing everyone waiting all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ditha(f): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2022
Apply for extension of the study permit for the kids
gugu40:
Hello everyone, please I need help and advice on how to go about my children’s application. I'm a little bit confused about their status here now.
We just moved to Canada as a family. My wife came here as a student (Study Permit) and I was given a Spouse Open Work Permit based on my wife’s status (student). We moved to Canada with our children who were issued study permit based on their mother’s status as a student. They are now in a public elementary school.
My wife just got her Post Graduate Work Permit approved and she is working now, I got my spouse open work permit too, but my children’s study permit will expire in a few months’ time.
There is no information on what to do for my children status, when their study permits expire.
What do I do next for my children?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by uchenna4life: 6:10am On Oct 05, 2022
House please I want to fund my account for visa. I have good statement of account but no good balance in it. I need a company that won't charge more than 2%. If anyone have idea of any company let me know
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emotionz: 8:12am On Oct 05, 2022
Please those that are yet to get their PPR should please try and post their timelines when it comes in

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Titiwealth: 8:14am On Oct 05, 2022
Good day everyone, please am trying to submit my sowp. How do I go about submitting. I have uploaded every documents and gotten to the payment summary but I don't know how to proceed. There is no forward button that will take me to where to make payment s on GCkey. Kindly help.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Restricted: 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2022
Once you upload all required documents, the proceed/submit/continue button should become active. Just click on it and continue to payment. NOTE: That button wont become active until you upload all required docs.

Titiwealth:
Good day everyone, please am trying to submit my sowp. How do I go about submitting. I have uploaded every documents and gotten to the payment summary but I don't know how to proceed. There is no forward button that will take me to where to make payment s on GCkey. Kindly help.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Restricted: 12:44pm On Oct 05, 2022
How long do you need the funds for? And 2% is very very scarce

uchenna4life:
House please I want to fund my account for visa. I have good statement of account but no good balance in it. I need a company that won't charge more than 2%. If anyone have idea of any company let me know

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Raphael010: 3:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
Good day all,

I’m new to this platform and I’ll like some information for anyone who can help out.

I’m about to apply for a student study permit in Canada, recently got married ( Introduction and court wedding were done. All my documents are complete as I’ve gone through a checklist on this platform already. Still working on the POF.

If possible I’ll like to travel with my wife , was thinking how possible this would be

Would also like some advice on how to process this whole thing from the beginning as I’m an absolute beginner

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Titiwealth: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2022
Restricted:

Once you upload all required documents, the proceed/submit/continue button should become active. Just click on it and continue to payment. NOTE: That button wont become active until you upload all required docs.

Thank you for your response. I have uploaded all required documents but it isn't active.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Restricted: 5:22pm On Oct 05, 2022
I am afraid you are doing something wrong cos once you upload all required docs, the button automatically become active so you can click on it to continue. Please take a minute and check everything once again to be sure

Titiwealth:

Thank you for your response. I have uploaded all required documents but it isn't active.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Babsultimate(f): 8:31pm On Oct 05, 2022
Good Evening Lovely People,

My heart is full of joy which words cannot express. My application has been approved after a long wait.

I'm glad I got the passport request today.

Thank you @sweetjj, skilleva, gauel and everybody that gave hints on the documents to be included when I asked. May God bless you all in abundance.

I'd like to know which collection office (Abuja or Lagos) should I submit my passport for stamping that has faster processing time.

If I'm sending to Abuja, where do I do the submission?

My biometrics was done in Lagos 5yrs ago, can't seem to find the slip. What do I replace it?

I've downloaded the consent form would sign it and attach.

Kindly guide me on what to do in order to avoid errors.

To all waiting like I did, may God give you all glad tidings soonest. Keep the hope alive.

Thank you all.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
Babsultimate:

My heart is full of joy which words cannot express. My application has been approved after a long wait.

Thank you @sweetjj, skilleva, gauel and everybody that gave hints on the documents to be included when I asked. May God bless you all in abundance.

I'd like to know which collection office (Abuja or Lagos) should I submit my passport for stamping that has faster processing time.

If I'm sending to Abuja, where do I do the submission?

My biometrics was done in Lagos 5yrs ago, can't seem to find the slip. What do I replace it?

I've downloaded the consent form would sign it and attach.

Kindly guide me on what to do in order to avoid errors.

To all waiting like I did, may God give you all glad tidings soonest. Keep the hope alive.

Thank you all.

Great congratulations,

If you want it faster, you can send to Abuja through DHL. If not in haste, submit in person at Lagos office. If you can’t find your biometrics slip, you may need to pay for another transmission fee. I stand to be corrected

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2022
Bobsyga:
Hello Everyone
Please i need some clarifications.I submitted my application on the 26th of July 2022,did an upfront medicals on the 4th of this month..Yesterday the Review of my medical started and today i got a Medical request from IRCC.Please gurus in the house what's the best way to address this?
Thanks.

How did this go for you?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceRey(m): 9:58pm On Oct 05, 2022
Congratulations to you!

God be praised indeed.

Can you kindly furnish me with the details of the documents you submitted?

I will really appreciate it.

Once again, Congratulations to you and your wife.

Pyale:
SOWP PPR is here!....

Hello house, please rejoice with me as my wife's PPR just dropped. We applied on June 16 2022, review started first week in August and medical was updated to pass on August 8 (did upfront medical). Bvl letter sent on August 17th, and ever since then, no update!

Although we were worried why BVL was sent without PPR, we were calm as the application has been processed faster than we expected (65 wks processing time as at the time we submitted in June)

But on seeing the message that @Kam3 posted this morning that her/his PPR already dropped, I was motivated to contact IRCC since Kam3 submitted his/her application in July while we submitted June.

I immediately wrote an email to IRCC, explaining that we were yet to hear back from them since BVL was sent. I immediately received a confirmation email that I will be responded to in 5 working days. Since it's late here Canada, I was just about going to bed when my wife called that I should check her gmail for an email from IRCC.

Lo and behold, PPR message has dropped! That was just like 28 mins after I sent the email to IRCC.

I am happy to provide details of necessary docs that were submitted if anyone is interested in that. I am also happy to provide guidance for any future SOWP applicants. Meanwhile, my wife and I got married in December 2021, and I returned to Canada in January 2022. She just finished her undergraduate studies last month, so this good news is coming at the right time!

I want to use this medium to return all thanks and praises to Almighty God who facilitated my wife's SOWP.

I also want to thank everyone on this platform who has been so helpful in responding to messages, and providing necessary guidance on the SOWP application. Without your help and testimonies here, we wouldn't have been able to put forward a very strong application.

And for those of us still waiting for a decision, yours is next! Regularly pray about your application and don't lose hope.

And just an advice, when sending message to IRCC, be humble, praise them first, acknowledge that you understand they are dealing with lots of applications before making your request.

Thank you, Master JESUS!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by PrinceRey(m): 10:02pm On Oct 05, 2022
Good day restricted, do you have links to sure plugs for this at a good rate?

Restricted:
How long do you need the funds for? And 2% is very very scarce

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by omariam: 1:55am On Oct 06, 2022
Babsultimate:

Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 5:22am On Oct 06, 2022
Which of the following jobs would be better for a work permit application:
- bank marketer for a major bank
- PA to a CEO of a security company
- HIV mobile tester for a HIV clinic
- English teacher.

Your thoughts are welcome.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Raphael010: 8:36am On Oct 06, 2022
Good morning all,

I’m looking towards applying for September next year academic session for a graduate program in Canada. I’m recently married, I’m applying for just myself and my dad is my sponsor.

If my wife is to apply for SWOP should my visa be granted, would the fact that my dad is my sponsor affect my wife’s application for Swop ?

Please help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emotionz: 5:48pm On Oct 06, 2022
Apply for yourself first and when u get your visa your wife can now apply for SOWP but in as much as your dad is your sponsor try and have your personal funds and property in your name

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Raphael010: 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2022
Emotionz:
Apply for yourself first and when u get your visa your wife can now apply for SOWP but in as much as your dad is your sponsor try and have your personal funds and property in your name

Thank you very much for this information.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sayo007: 7:47pm On Oct 06, 2022
please can drop your mail am in canada i need some information from you.. thanks
Pyale:
SOWP PPR is here!....

Hello house, please rejoice with me as my wife's PPR just dropped. We applied on June 16 2022, review started first week in August and medical was updated to pass on August 8 (did upfront medical). Bvl letter sent on August 17th, and ever since then, no update!

Although we were worried why BVL was sent without PPR, we were calm as the application has been processed faster than we expected (65 wks processing time as at the time we submitted in June)

But on seeing the message that @Kam3 posted this morning that her/his PPR already dropped, I was motivated to contact IRCC since Kam3 submitted his/her application in July while we submitted June.

I immediately wrote an email to IRCC, explaining that we were yet to hear back from them since BVL was sent. I immediately received a confirmation email that I will be responded to in 5 working days. Since it's late here Canada, I was just about going to bed when my wife called that I should check her gmail for an email from IRCC.

Lo and behold, PPR message has dropped! That was just like 28 mins after I sent the email to IRCC.

I am happy to provide details of necessary docs that were submitted if anyone is interested in that. I am also happy to provide guidance for any future SOWP applicants. Meanwhile, my wife and I got married in December 2021, and I returned to Canada in January 2022. She just finished her undergraduate studies last month, so this good news is coming at the right time!

I want to use this medium to return all thanks and praises to Almighty God who facilitated my wife's SOWP.

I also want to thank everyone on this platform who has been so helpful in responding to messages, and providing necessary guidance on the SOWP application. Without your help and testimonies here, we wouldn't have been able to put forward a very strong application.

And for those of us still waiting for a decision, yours is next! Regularly pray about your application and don't lose hope.

And just an advice, when sending message to IRCC, be humble, praise them first, acknowledge that you understand they are dealing with lots of applications before making your request.

Thank you, Master JESUS!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sayo007: 7:50pm On Oct 06, 2022
please can you drop your email i need some information on sowp for my husband am currently in canada
Racewinner:
PPR Alert!!!
OWP Application submitted July 7th
Passport request: August 10, 2022

I initially applied for a tourist visa on February 19th because of the short processing time as of then. When there was no response, I had to apply for SOWP on July 7th and PPR on August 10th few days after my birthday.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 11:26pm On Oct 06, 2022
skull4eva:

No LOI for the kids yet ooo

Hi, did you ever get LOI for the kids?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by uchenna4life: 3:38am On Oct 07, 2022
[quote author=Restricted post=117291490]How long do you need the funds for? And 2% is very very scarce

I need it for one month. And it's 15m I need because it's Canada student visa that I applied for
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Phamoo4u: 4:49am On Oct 07, 2022
Hello good day ...please I need anyone who can assist me by putting me through on jow yo secure Canada work permit for me and my family....

We are here in brazil �� with a brazil permanent resident permit....my child was born here in brazil and she is full citizen of Brazil with a Brazilian passport while we the parents having permanent resident permit of brazil....

We Love to work to Canada ...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2022
Good day nairalanders,

Please how long does it take for IRCC to upload upfront medicals.

Medical done on 29th August 2022 (because he couldn't book directly on the clinic's site, so the date was picked for him by the clinic)
SOWP application was submitted 24th September 2022.

His medical is yet to be uploaded

What can he do to get them to upload?

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 9:46am On Oct 07, 2022
lizzygurl:
Good day nairalanders,

Please how long does it take for IRCC to upload upfront medicals.

Medical done on 29th August 2022 (because he couldn't book directly on the clinic's site, so the date was picked for him by the clinic)
SOWP application was submitted 24th September 2022.

His medical is yet to be uploaded

What can he do to get them to upload?

Thank you

Attach to web form via this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/nairobi.html

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 1:41pm On Oct 07, 2022
Thanks for the response. Should I pick lagos or Nairobi as the office processing my application.
Profgordons:

Attach to web form via this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/nairobi.html
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cooooooks(m): 3:03pm On Oct 07, 2022
Minister Fraser just made some announcements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehUUZ7XwIdo

No more 20 hours work limit until Dec 2023
Have to be full time student to work
Hinted that there will be a pathway for FRENCH SPEAKING students.

Nigerians, it takes 1 year of part time studies to become french speaking (pass level 4 on an exam). Please take advantage!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2022
lizzygurl:
Thanks for the response. Should I pick lagos or Nairobi as the office processing my application.

Nairobi Please

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.