Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (811580 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oje007(m): 6:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
maxiesusan1:
quote author=lizzygurl post=120000726]Please is there anyone that has applied since September or before that. My spouse applied since Sept 24th 2022

I applied in September and my medical has not been updated till today not to talk of getting any update. My spouse has sent webform emails and reached out to MP like couple of times but no response and MP responded saying SOWP applications usually takes months so there is nothing they can do.We are hoping on God and we would testify soon!!

My dear, we are same. I applied September 28. I feel we are still within the processing time. It will end in praise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by purespikes: 8:00pm On Jan 14, 2023
lizzygurl:
Please is there anyone that has applied since September or before that. My spouse applied since Sept 24th 2022

I applied in July, 2022. I applied for GCMS notes and it stated that criminal checks and medical passed. Information sharing in progress. I have sent countless webforms and emails. My spouse has contacted MP, who has also reached out to IRCC without any positive response. MP categorically said there's nothing he could do.

At this rate, I am hoping on God Almighty....

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oje007(m): 10:55pm On Jan 14, 2023
purespikes:

I applied in July, 2022. I applied for GCMS notes and it stated that criminal checks and medical passed. Information sharing in progress. I have sent countless webforms and emails. My spouse has contacted MP, who has also reached out to IRCC without any positive response. MP categorically said there's nothing he could do.

At this rate, I am hoping on God Almighty....

Them no get choice. Them must approve us. �

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hazzaman: 12:17am On Jan 15, 2023
From January 31st, she doesn’t need a TEER 1-3 job for spouse to be eligible to join on PGWP. IRCC has said any job in any category. It’s on thier website.
Gina2022:

@Profgordons, @noeloge82, @Kam3, @skull4eva, @pyale

Hello Guys, please I need your counsel on my case. Wife left for Canada early last year, applied for VV for me in May 2022 but no response till date despite webforms raised and emails sent. Later applied for SOWP first week of Dec 2022. My challenge now is that she will be graduating this January ending but her study permit still valid till April. An immigration lawyer said she must get an NOC job before January ends that falls into the TEER 1-3 and also apply for PGWP and upload same via webform to update her application or else my application with the kids might be denied for reasons that she is graduating soon.
My questions is, how true is the above information from the immigration, secondly, @pyale I need the email address with which you contacted IRCC that they were able to reply you within a short time interval. My email is vocarehealth@gmail.com

Thanks to the wonderful team for your responsiveness and kindness.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by noeloge82(m): 7:49am On Jan 15, 2023
hazzaman:
From January 31st, she doesn’t need a TEER 1-3 job for spouse to be eligible to join on PGWP. IRCC has said any job in any category. It’s on thier website.

This is very correct although IRCC can be funny a times so if she has it as a support its good no document is too much for IRCC
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by GidiPrince: 12:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
Is it mandatory for spouse coming into Canada to have health insurance before coming in or can get it after reaching Canada?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Inikay: 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
Good afternoon to the gurus in the house,
Thank you for your help and assistance so far, please I need your help on this
I have gotten admission into Canada University for a post graduate study but I am confused on how to put in my application.
I have a husband and a son,my question is
1.Should I apply alone and later apply for my son and husband when I get my Visa
2.Should I apply for visitors visa for my son and husband along side my application
3.Should I apply for SOWP for my husband and visitors visa for my son alongside my application .

Please which among the three options is the best and also increase my chances?
Thank you all for your response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by survivex: 3:33pm On Jan 15, 2023
Hello House,

Quick question, do kids of age 4, 6, and 10, need to provide biometric when applying for VV from IRCC?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Restricted: 5:35pm On Jan 15, 2023
If funds is not a problem, i will advise you apply for everybody together with you. SOWP for hubby and vv for your son. Believe me, you dont want to go through the emotional stress of waiting for your family to join you. Best of luck with your application.

Inikay:
Good afternoon to the gurus in the house,
Thank you for your help and assistance so far, please I need your help on this
I have gotten admission into Canada University for a post graduate study but I am confused on how to put in my application.
I have a husband and a son,my question is
1.Should I apply alone and later apply for my son and husband when I get my Visa
2.Should I apply for visitors visa for my son and husband along side my application
3.Should I apply for SOWP for my husband and visitors visa for my son alongside my application .

Please which among the three options is the best and also increase my chances?
Thank you all for your response

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Inikay: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
Restricted:

If funds is not a problem, i will advise you apply for everybody together with you. SOWP for hubby and vv for your son. Believe me, you dont want to go through the emotional stress of waiting for your family to join you. Best of luck with your application.

Thank you so much,I really appreciate
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tracy0803409: 1:56am On Jan 16, 2023
Goodevening Family, please who can help me with a template of how an appeal letter to IRCC for my husband's SOWP application approval ,please

I really need his presence here in Canada,please Family help out,thanks in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tinuowo(f): 9:42am On Jan 16, 2023
Urgent!!!

Good day all!

Please when applying for an open work permit for spouse and study visa for children who should be the primary applicant?
I have gotten my study visa and already studying online for first Semester.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2023
Principessa0:
I am waiting for Passport request. If by end of next week and I didn't get an email from them I will have to do as you said, get my employer to contact the MP. It is exactly 32 weeks since my application.

Take it easy some ppl have been waiting for over 2 years.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blueyuchay: 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2023
tinuowo:
Urgent!!!

Good day all!

Please when applying for an open work permit for spouse and study visa for children who should be the primary applicant?
I have gotten my study visa and already studying online for first Semester.

The spouse who is applying for the spouse open work permit is the primary applicant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lizzygurl: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
In case you get one, let me know please

tracy0803409:
Goodevening Family, please who can help me with a template of how an appeal letter to IRCC for my husband's SOWP application approval ,please

I really need his presence here in Canada,please Family help out,thanks in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emuesirime: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2023
??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tinuowo(f): 9:55pm On Jan 16, 2023
blueyuchay:

The spouse who is applying for the spouse open work permit is the primary applicant

Thank you �
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by silvamania: 3:47am On Jan 17, 2023
Good Evening Everybody,

I want to apply for spousal open work permit for my wife . I am currently on a PGWP in a NOC A job with sufficient fund in my account for the both of us

But my concerns are;
1. We got married last year December when I travelled back to Nigeria.My wife just finished school last year and she only has statements of result and no job yet. Just preparing to go for NYSC

2. I am really confused on how to represent her work experience and funding too in her name

3. Is a police clearance certificate compulsory for this application

Any help on how to go about this will be well appreciated

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 4:19am On Jan 17, 2023
1) If you have the marriage document you are good to go, I would advise that you create a roadmap of your relationship in writing and backed up with images to show the relationship journey you and your wife have been on. that shows you are not a marriage of convenience.
2)This must be addressed, you will have to put information here. This is a faceless community so I wont speak more on this in public. You sha must prove that she has ties to Nigeria, you can use social ties and family ties but you must add economic ties.
3) It is not compulsory but it is advised.

Goodluck!

silvamania:
Good Evening Everybody,

I want to apply for spousal open work permit for my wife . I am currently on a PGWP in a NOC A job with sufficient fund in my account for the both of us

But my concerns are;
1. We got married last year December when I travelled back to Nigeria.My wife just finished school last year and she only has statements of result and no job yet. Just preparing to go for NYSC

2. I am really confused on how to represent her work experience and funding too in her name

3. Is a police clearance certificate compulsory for this application

Any help on how to go about this will be well appreciated

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aamey15: 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2023
Good day all,
Please IRCC requested for my sons child Birth certificate and i attached it immediately to the space provided but nothing has happened since what can I do.
It’s been a week since they requested for it and his PPR has not dropped .

I also sent it via webform again . Your help is needed here
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 4:58pm On Jan 17, 2023
From my observation it takes them 1month to send ppr after one provides a document on request,it has happened to me three times now...just relax your mind ppr will drop
aamey15:
Good day all,
Please IRCC requested for my sons child Birth certificate and i attached it immediately to the space provided but nothing has happened since what can I do.
It’s been a week since they requested for it and his PPR has not dropped .

I also sent it via webform again . Your help is needed here
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 5:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
Pls who has used vfs courier service before,i ised dhl to send my passport bto abuja and was hoping to use them for delivery as well but was told vfs no longer allow them do pick up with them,so i paid for vfs one way courier service charge(18710) and send the receipt with a signed consent to their help line but later got a mail from them that there is no appointment for collection that i can do walk-in,pls how do i handle this
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bayoadeday: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2023
bayoadeday:
Good morning everyone and Happy New year to you all

Please, I need your advice

My Spouse traveled to Canada in September on a study permit (Diploma) and I am trying to apply for SOWP together with my 4 kids (14, 11, 7, and 2 )

What are my chances? and what visa can I apply for them (study or visiting)?

Thank you for your response

Good morning all,

Please, I need your advice on my application

I have a POF account from Nigeria for my application. Naira account

Do I need a POF from my wife's account in Canada too? ie Dollar account

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Restricted: 10:07am On Jan 18, 2023
Make sure you have enough money as POF to cover the whole family plus miscellaneous. You really dont need your wife's account in Canada. They want to see you are well established here in Nigeria (economic ties and family ties) and you have reasons to come back after her studies. The kids aged 14, 11, 7 should be study visa while the 2yr old should be visiting. You should have applied like yesterday already so dont delay the application further.

Best of luck to you and your family.

bayoadeday:

Good morning all,

Please, I need your advice on my application

I have a POF account from Nigeria for my application. Naira account

Do I need a POF from my wife's account in Canada too? ie Dollar account

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by House34: 12:13pm On Jan 18, 2023
Please,What best husband should apply if wife a student in canada...visitor or sowp??

Children above 5 years need apply visitor visa if am correct??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by letsfarmnigeria: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2023
House34:
Please,What best husband should apply if wife a student in canada...visitor or sowp??

Children above 5 years need apply visitor visa if am correct??

5 and above is study not visitor visa
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kranjar(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2023
Hi guys, thumbs up for the support rendered on this platform. Please I need information on how I can get the property valuation document as I intend to apply for the sowp later in the year. I reside in Anambra and so will appreciate the contact of a certified estate valuer especially from those that have submitted the valuation report. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by letsfarmnigeria: 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2023
Sweetness24:
Pls who has used vfs courier service before,i ised dhl to send my passport bto abuja and was hoping to use them for delivery as well but was told vfs no longer allow them do pick up with them,so i paid for vfs one way courier service charge(18710) and send the receipt with a signed consent to their help line but later got a mail from them that there is no appointment for collection that i can do walk-in,pls how do i handle this

Mail them again with the proof of payment, and address they are suppose to return it to, you can also check their website for phone no to call as follow up, this reply maybe a miscommunication, I have someone who did not pay for the return they asked they the person to pay and email proof of payment and that was how it was resolved this happened Dec 2022

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Horlarjummie: 4:44pm On Jan 18, 2023
congratulations to your family and I tap your testimony. Please what are the documents you uploaded for your wife?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kennyjoy(m): 11:15pm On Jan 18, 2023
Kranjar:
Hi guys, thumbs up for the support rendered on this platform. Please I need information on how I can get the property valuation document as I intend to apply for the sowp later in the year. I reside in Anambra and so will appreciate the contact of a certified estate valuer especially from those that have submitted the valuation report. Thanks.

Send me an email, so I can link you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by House34: 12:15am On Jan 19, 2023
letsfarmnigeria:

5 and above is study not visitor visa

Children above 5 years apply Study visa based on their mother visa right??
Children do not need enrol in canada school before applying stueent visa to visit mother a student in canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (387) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.