Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803655 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 1:50pm On Feb 08, 2023
Thanks, Japh11

Japh11:

No...that form don't apply to them
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Uzomachukwuu: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2023
Not one PPR here this week? Is IRCC on break or what?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by makano: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2023
My pleasure OkukuOne.

Peace
OkukuOne:
Hi Makano,

Well appreciated. You have already been in my success story.

with the feedback, I have received thus far from you, @lizzygurl, favour, and survivex, I will begin the application at once.

Thanks, for everything you do for passion and care.

God's blessings

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 7:34pm On Feb 08, 2023
Call/Chat with us for

1. Private Jet charter (Local & International)
2. Flight bookings (Local & International )
3. Proof of Funds for visa processing

Our services are top-notch and impeccable just to make your air travel✈️ experience seamless.

I believe your main aim of posting here is the number 3. Hahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deebee13(f): 11:02am On Feb 09, 2023
Hello everyone,

Please I have a few questions, and I'm hoping someone here can help me out please.

I recently just got PPR for study visa, to resume in May.
I used an agent, and was told my 10month old baby's application wasn't approved, and they're about to apply for a reconsideration.

These agents have always wasted a lot of time, even after I gave them all the documents they requested for, and that's why I couldn't make September 2022 intake nor January 2023 intake.

I'm having second thoughts using them for the applications of my husband and two sons (4 and 6 years old).

My husband and sons were used as my home tie, so I'm worried about how to navigate that detail if I chose to do their application myself.

Also, is it okay to apply for them now before I leave for Canada in April?

Thank you (in anticipation)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by don4real: 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
Have you gotten your passport back? And how long did it takes for you to get it back?
Bolyboy:

I submitted at Lagos vfs and here was the last email message I received below and whenever I track show under processing don’t know why it takes much time
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by megastu(m): 12:49am On Feb 10, 2023
If it's a registered IRCC agent or immigration lawyer i will advise you to continue with them.

If you feel you are knowledgeable enough about the process you can do it yourself.
deebee13:
Hello everyone,

Please I have a few questions, and I'm hoping someone here can help me out please.

I used an agent, and was told my 10month old baby's application wasn't approved, and they're about to apply for a reconsideration.

These agents have always wasted a lot of time, even after I gave them all the documents they requested for, and that's why I couldn't make September 2022 intake nor January 2023 intake.

I'm having second thoughts using them for the applications of my husband and two sons (4 and 6 years old).

My husband and sons were used as my home tie, so I'm worried about how to navigate that detail if I chose to do their application myself.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 4:47am On Feb 10, 2023
Sorry to hear about the refusal of your baby's application.

If you have the time to read the info on this thread , you can apply by yourself. If not, you may go with the agents or reach out to me.

As for your husband and two sons, did you indicate in your study permit application that they would join you later? If yes, you may start their application before you leave.

But in any case, try to delay the application a bit so that you would have gotten your study permit in Canada before their applications are finalized (cos some visa officers refard your spouse ineligible for c42 if you haven't gotten your study permit). Then you can upload the study permit to support their application.

deebee13:
Hello everyone,

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bayoadeday: 5:23am On Feb 10, 2023
[quote author=bayoadeday post=120693676][/quote]

please, what do I upload for this?

for a study permit of 11yrs since there is no school

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 0905babatee(m): 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
Please what do i need to take along for passport collection at lagos VFS?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 12:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
You can upload the letter of acceptance of the parent here.

bayoadeday:

please, what do I upload for this?

for a study permit of 11yrs since there is no school

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Princessmay11: 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Good evening house
. Please is it skilled immigrant for swop or family sponsorship?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LivingSky: 12:24am On Feb 11, 2023
Yes, it is. Skilled Immigrant!

Princessmay11:
Good evening house
. Please is it skilled immigrant for swop or family sponsorship?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by deebee13(f): 3:19am On Feb 11, 2023
technix:
Sorry to hear about the refusal of your baby's application.

If you have the time to read the info on this thread , you can apply by yourself. If not, you may go with the agents or reach out to me.

As for your husband and two sons, did you indicate in your study permit application that they would join you later? If yes, you may start their application before you leave.

But in any case, try to delay the application a bit so that you would have gotten your study permit in Canada before their applications are finalized (cos some visa officers refard your spouse ineligible for c42 if you haven't gotten your study permit). Then you can upload the study permit to support their application.

Thank you so much.
The agents I used previously are going to reapply for my daughter cos I paid them for it.

For my husband and kids, I didn't indicate they'll join later, cos I used them as home ties.

Thank you for the advice.
I appreciate.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jhabulani: 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2023
Hello friends,

Based on everyone's experience I wanted to know if I might have made a mistake. So I got my student visa in August and applied for my wife and son's visit visa in August end.
I was to resume in January 2023 and I felt I needed my family here by all means, so I took the risk of travelling to Canada in October (I spent 1 week) in other to get my study permit, I got it and applied for SOWP for my wife and visit visa for my son by October end. But I've not gotten any update, and you guys know the waiting isn't easy.

So I was thinking maybe my first SOWP was too early since it was earlier than the resumption time, and I should probably cancel and re-apply.
What do you guys think? It's been about 4 months now.

I know some people waited longer, I'm just talking based on my situation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrObii: 1:46am On Feb 13, 2023
Please am applying for Canada study visa, can I use my wife account statement for POF ,because her account have more history than mine.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrObii: 1:53am On Feb 13, 2023
Am based outside Nigeria, I normally send money to my wife's Nigerian account, I do that through black market exchange guys, now as am applying for Canada study visa can I use my wife's account for POF as my own bank is not active and customer care are not responding to reactivate my account. PLEASE someone with experience should direct me, Can I use my wife account for POF? Will that also stand as a good home ties as well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:00am On Feb 13, 2023
Yes, you can use your wife's account as far as the money in the account is sufficient and the history you are referring to is within 4 - 6 months.

However, since you are using her account, are you referring to her as your sponsor or what?

Secondly, can you prove the source of funds in her account, this means Pay slips, employment letter, or business? If yes, this needs to reflect in the account.

Moreso, If the above is not fixable for you, I will advise you to open an account here in Nigeria and run it for 6 months before you apply. This might save you a lot of explanation and paperwork. I believe you are working wherever you are and not that is all you need.

Why not join the Study Permit Group? This is for SOWP

link to SP: https://www.nairaland.com/7255452/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/830

All the best.

MrObii:
Am based outside Nigeria, I normally send money to my wife's Nigerian account, I do that through black market exchange guys, now as am applying for Canada study visa can I use my wife's account for POF as my own bank is not active and customer care are not responding to reactivate my account. PLEASE someone with experience should direct me, Can I use my wife account for POF? Will that also stand as a good home ties as well.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrObii: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2023
OkukuOne:
Yes, you can use your wife's account as far as the money in the account is sufficient and the history you are referring to is within 4 - 6 months.

However, since you are using her account, are you referring to her as your sponsor or what?

Secondly, can you prove the source of funds in her account, this means Pay slips, employment letter, or business? If yes, this needs to reflect in the account.

Moreso, If the above is not fixable for you, I will advise you to open an account here in Nigeria and run it for 6 months before you apply. This might save you a lot of explanation and paperwork. I believe you are working wherever you are and not that is all you need.

Why not join the Study Permit Group? This is for SOWP

link to SP: https://www.nairaland.com/7255452/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/830

All the best.

Yes am working here in the country where I resides,but I usually send her money through local exchange guys, she is doing normal nigeria business of buying and selling without business registration, how can I defend the source because the funds enters without purpose of payment or narations, but my work here is of salary worth 400k naira monthly. Can i use the pay slip of my job here to back it up?
I wished using her account as our family savings as we have gotten a good history and also we have the bulk amount for POF to be In the account as well , may be covered with deed of gift or study loan document.
Please I need more insight to avoid errors .

#Thanks for directing me to the right group to join.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Frankemo33: 11:13am On Feb 13, 2023
Onethe:
Good morning everyone

Please can someone help me with a sample of invitation letter for sowp for spouse. And what the content of my letter of explanation should be
Thank you in advance for prompt response.

Hello house, my wife just got her Study permit, Please i need help with a sample of SOP for SOWP for spouse. i will really appreciate it
email add: ekudumfrank@gmail.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Frankemo33: 11:22am On Feb 13, 2023
hotboss:

I believe your main aim of posting here is the number 3. Hahahahaha

For the no 3. what's your your percentage and prerequisite
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emmafe(m): 5:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
Good day house, my spouse applied for visit visa Oct 2, 2022, no update after biometrics. I’m thinking of applying for Sowp, can the POF used in Oct still be valid till now? Also is 10k cad enough for pof? Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Uzomachukwuu: 6:53pm On Feb 13, 2023
Emmafe:
Good day house, my spouse applied for visit visa Oct 2, 2022, no update after biometrics. I’m thinking of applying for Sowp, can the POF used in Oct still be valid till now? Also is 10k cad enough for pof? Thanks

You need an updated POF. 10k CAD is enough, so long as your spouse's tuition and living expenses are already settled.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emmafe(m): 8:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
Uzomachukwuu:

You need an updated POF. 10k CAD is enough, so long as your spouse's tuition and living expenses are already settled.
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bible1997: 11:47am On Feb 14, 2023
Good day everyone an agent is processing a work permit for my uncle but the agent is insisting that the biometric will be on arrival to Canada please is it possible to do biometric on arrival?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:27pm On Feb 14, 2023
10k may not be enough. it all depends on the family size. 10k for POF is not suitable for a family of 4 or 5, but I guess for a family of 2-3.

Hope the gurus @Makano, Skull4eva, and others give more attention to your question.

Uzomachukwuu:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Frankemo33: 3:59pm On Feb 14, 2023
Frankemo33:

Hello house, my wife just got her Study permit, Please i need help with a sample of SOP for SOWP for spouse. i will really appreciate it

Please Guru's in the house am still expecting if anyone can assist me with SOWP SOP sample to guide me write mine.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DrAFOguns: 7:10pm On Feb 14, 2023
You can use this guideline

Background/Purpose of visit

Introduce yourself, what you are applying for, your current emoloyement situatuon and academic background. Give information about your spouse, what he or she is doing in Canada and the likes

Love Story

How you met your spouse, when you guys got married. Etc

Home ties

Proof that you will come back to Nigeria. Could be your business, leave from work, family members, properies, etc. What you will do when you come back to Nigeria.

Financial capacity

Your bank statements and source of funds.

Closing Remark

Reiterate how important it is for you to be with your spouse.

Make sure to attach evidence of everything you are putting in your SOP. All the best.
Frankemo33:

Please Guru's in the house am still expecting if anyone can assist me with SOWP SOP sample to guide me write mine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lovelygbems: 7:31pm On Feb 14, 2023
Do you know that you don’t need Agents before relocating to Canada or have to get a PR Visa before you leave

Get the full guide today!

pooly_promise@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.