Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (295) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803320 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aestake: 12:18am On Mar 12, 2023
Profgordons:
This is misleading, you don’t need medical if you are in Canada or did you mean before leaving, it would be a strange exception
Strange things happen...sb I know sef used oluwole visa enter for study. Fear catch me. Till today the guy doesn't know yet that his school and course won't grant him PGWP. That is another problem on its own.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChiPromise: 2:20am On Mar 12, 2023
Pls house, sm1 should advice me. I'm in Canada on a study permit but my wedding is in June for which I'm to travel to Nigeria. My study is ending in August and permit expiring in November b4 which I'll apply for PGWP.
The question is, should i apply for SOWP soon after the wedding? And what length of visa will he likely be given? Would it lap into my pgwp or would I have to apply for extention for his SOWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Uzomachukwuu: 3:11am On Mar 12, 2023
Utong:
you must be a Jw. congrats.

That's right on point, Utong.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Treasure134: 5:45am On Mar 12, 2023
Good evening/ Good morning guys

I want to use this medium to appreciate each and everyone contributing to this platform God bless you all

Please I need your help

Though through the Nairaland Canada study visa thread I got my study visa, now I’m planning to apply for spouse visa for my woman though we’re still yet to marry and with the look of things I need yo bring her in asap

Please guys I will need you thoroughly help on how to start

Is work permit visa the same as SOWP?

What document do I need to submit on her behalf plus do I need to go to my school yo issue me any letter for the spouse visa application??

I will truly appreciate all your responses

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kennyjoy(m): 6:36am On Mar 12, 2023
Toceen2022:

Your case may be different. And I'll say it boldly that you're LUCKY not to be denied boarding or turned back at the port of entry.
In the LOI given after passport submission, IRCC stated that your medical must be valid when you enter Canada.
Your case might be an oversight but that doesn't mean it'll be for everyone.

kennyjoy... They can send their passport for stamping, but make sure they have medical done before travelling, and send through webform and mail... Also they should have a copy when they are travelling as well, in case IRCC didn't update it on time.

Thanks brother. Will do that.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kennyjoy(m): 6:51am On Mar 12, 2023
Hi everyone,

For those that have submitted their passport, please, is the transmission fee the same at 9410, and if I'm sending it to Abuja for stamping, how do I get their passport back since DHL doesn't do two-way couriers anymore? I need clarity on this.

Thanks, guys.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Utong: 7:08am On Mar 12, 2023
Profgordons:
This is misleading, you don’t need medical if you are in Canada or did you mean before leaving, it would be a strange exception

This is a fact. I was not given medical request and did not do medical before moving. My medical was written N/A meaning not applicable.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 7:49am On Mar 12, 2023
Utong:

This is a fact. I was not given medical request and did not do medical before moving. My medical was written N/A meaning not applicable.

Let’s see your LOI, we have all agreed that your case might be different, I entered Canada with an almost expiring Medical and on my WP is it clearly indicated that I should do another medical within 60days. We can leave the IP to decide on what he wants to do but I’ll rather err on the side of caution.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 7:55am On Mar 12, 2023
kennyjoy:
Hi everyone,

For those that have submitted their passport, please, is the transmission fee the same at 9410, and if I'm sending it to Abuja for stamping, how do I get their passport back since DHL doesn't do two-way couriers anymore? I need clarity on this.

Thanks, guys.
Transmission fee is paid if you did not carry out your biometrics at that same VFS location or for kids that didn’t do biometrics. For the return courier, you will pay separately for a one way courier, then include the payment receipt and return address and contact you want it returned to.

https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/additional-services
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 7:59am On Mar 12, 2023
Treasure134:
Good evening/ Good morning guys

I want to use this medium to appreciate each and everyone contributing to this platform God bless you all

Please I need your help

Though through the Nairaland Canada study visa thread I got my study visa, now I’m planning to apply for spouse visa for my woman though we’re still yet to marry and with the look of things I need yo bring her in asap

Please guys I will need you thoroughly help on how to start

Is work permit visa the same as SOWP?

What document do I need to submit on her behalf plus do I need to go to my school yo issue me any letter for the spouse visa application??

I will truly appreciate all your responses

Thank you
If you are not married yet, you cannot apply for a Spouse Open Work Permit. When you eventually get married and you are applying, you do not need any letter from the school specifically for her application, you would just go on IRCC site, using your GCKey and apply with all the supporting documents. I hope that helps, and true, you need someone to split the bills with.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 8:05am On Mar 12, 2023
ChiPromise:
Pls house, sm1 should advice me. I'm in Canada on a study permit but my wedding is in June for which I'm to travel to Nigeria. My study is ending in August and permit expiring in November b4 which I'll apply for PGWP.
The question is, should i apply for SOWP soon after the wedding? And what length of visa will he likely be given? Would it lap into my pgwp or would I have to apply for extention for his SOWP?
I believe you know the answers but just for clarity, what you are thinking is exactly what will happen, his status is tied to yours in terms of WP. So you can decide to apply soon after the wedding but he will most likely need an extension if granted.

An easier solution would have been visitor visa as this would likely grant him a longer access to cover the duration you require but VV is somewhat unpredictable these days but it still happens.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChiPromise: 10:10am On Mar 12, 2023
Profgordons:
I believe you know the answers but just for clarity, what you are thinking is exactly what will happen, his status is tied to yours in terms of WP. So you can decide to apply soon after the wedding but he will most likely need an extension if granted.

An easier solution would have been visitor visa as this would likely grant him a longer access to cover the duration you require but VV is somewhat unpredictable these days but it still happens.

In that case, is it better to apply for his SOWP when I'm applying for my PGWP?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 10:26am On Mar 12, 2023
ChiPromise:

In that case, is it better to apply for his SOWP when I'm applying for my PGWP?
I think after your PGWP, because that is when you will have a new status.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChiPromise: 10:38am On Mar 12, 2023
Profgordons:
I think after your PGWP, because that is when you will have a new status.

Okay thanks a lot.
Waiting for the PGWP would be adding extra 6months on top of the time I would have applied after the wedding. Probably the only option is to apply during study permit validity and then apply for an extension.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 10:43am On Mar 12, 2023
Seriously

People are for sure desperate. Later, they will start calling their village people, aunty, uncle, papa, and mama names...

aestake:

Strange things happen...sb I know sef used oluwole visa enter for study. Fear catch me. Till today the guy doesn't know yet that his school and course won't grant him PGWP. That is another problem on its own.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 10:45am On Mar 12, 2023
ChiPromise:

Okay thanks a lot.
Waiting for the PGWP would be adding extra 6months on top of the time I would have applied after the wedding. Probably the only option is to apply during study permit validity and then apply for an extension.
Absolutely a better option
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 11:09am On Mar 12, 2023
Hello house.

My wife's application got a BVL on 10th of march. Till now no update at all.
Sowp for wife
Vv for daughter

Applied October 27th. I noticed the BVL came from Ottawa.

Any heads up pls?(
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 11:36am On Mar 12, 2023
hotboss:
Hello house.

Sowp for wife
Vv for daughter

Any heads up pls?(
10th of March 2022?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 11:39am On Mar 12, 2023
Profgordons:
10th of March 2022?

No. 2023. Sorry
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 11:54am On Mar 12, 2023
hotboss:

No. 2023. Sorry

10 of March is still early bro
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 11:58am On Mar 12, 2023
teamb:

10 of March is still early bro

Okay. Thanks alot.

I got both bvl and decision at same time hor my study permit. That's why I was surprised.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 12:02pm On Mar 12, 2023
hotboss:
Hello house.

Sowp for wife
Vv for daughter

Any heads up pls?(

It’s definitely an approval from experience and others that I have seen.

Send them webform tomorrow and also send mail to them. Maybe they sometimes forget to drop PPR or system glitch.

Congratulations to your family
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 12:13pm On Mar 12, 2023
HEADYWORLD:

It’s definitely an approval from experience and others that I have seen.

Send them webform tomorrow and also send mail to them. Maybe they sometimes forget to drop PPR or system glitch.

Congratulations to your family

I'll do that tomorrow. Thanks alot. I appreciate
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cheebu: 4:41pm On Mar 12, 2023
Hello house. I want to apply for SOWP for my wife & visit visa for our son. I've been trying to use the new IRCC website (which I used for my study permit) but I don't really know where to start. If someone can share the link to use & some important documents to include in the application, I'd be most grateful.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Unaisah: 7:51pm On Mar 12, 2023
Hello Everyone, my husband would be finishing his two years study in August. Can I apply for SOWP immediately he submits his PGWP application ( considering his implied status) or do I have to wait for the PGWP to get approved before applying?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hotboss: 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2023
Cheebu:
Hello house. I want to apply for SOWP for my wife & visit visa for our son. I've been trying to use the new IRCC website (which I used for my study permit) but I don't really know where to start. If someone can share the link to use & some important documents to include in the application, I'd be most grateful.

Thank you.

Sowp can only be applied on the old portal ( gckey)

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2023
Unaisah:
Hello Everyone, my husband would be finishing his two years study in August. Can I apply for SOWP immediately he submits his PGWP application ( considering his implied status) or do I have to wait for the PGWP to get approved before applying?

You can apply now
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kienitobo: 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2023
Hello. I am currently applying for SOWP for my husband and study permits for my children. Please I need help for how to fill this section for my child's Study Permit Application.

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Utong: 3:34am On Mar 13, 2023
Profgordons:

Let’s see your LOI, we have all agreed that your case might be different, I entered Canada with an almost expiring Medical and on my WP is it clearly indicated that I should do another medical within 60days. We can leave the IP to decide on what he wants to do but I’ll rather err on the side of caution.

I will advice she send the passport for visa first. when LOI is out she will know if she need medical or not. It is what i did. Note it is written N/A meaning Not Applicable.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Utong: 3:37am On Mar 13, 2023
Uzomachukwuu:

That's right on point, Utong.

Nice to meet you. am a jw too

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Treasure134: 4:04am On Mar 13, 2023
Profgordons:
If you are not married yet, you cannot apply for a Spouse Open Work Permit. When you eventually get married and you are applying, you do not need any letter from the school specifically for her application, you would just go on IRCC site, using your GCKey and apply with all the supporting documents. I hope that helps, and true, you need someone to split the bills with.

Thank you so much
And Yeah bro the bills!!

One more question please

Is it work permit visa application I will create in my Gckey account or what ??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Profgordons(m): 4:12am On Mar 13, 2023
Treasure134:

Thank you so much
And Yeah bro the bills!!

One more question please

Is it work permit visa application I will create in my Gckey account or what ??
Yes, Open work permit

(1) (2) (3) ... (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.