Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803235 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2023
Oje007:
Hi guys, the last paragraph is not really clear to me cos I told them I will collect it in person and now collection in person is not permitted. Has anyone been able to collect his/her ppt in person @ VFS in Lagos recently? What’s the experience like, please share.
It's not yet ready for pick up. You'll still get another message from vfs

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:07pm On Apr 13, 2023
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, HEAVYWORLD, et al,

1. I went to DHL office today and they are still claiming that they are doing two-ways courier service to VFS. Hope is good to still use them?

2. Also, how much should i pay per persons?

3. I seperated each requirement per person and included them all in one big envelope. The big envelope now contains all kids envelope and spouse's own as well. Hope this is the right thing to do?

Please, kindly answer this becaus I plan to send it first thing in the morning.

Thanks, in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 10:28pm On Apr 13, 2023
OkukuOne:
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygirl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, HEAVYWORLD, et al,

1. I went to DHL office today and they are still claiming that they are doing two-ways courier service to VFS. Hope is good to still use them?

2. Also, how much should i pay per persons?

3. I seperated each requirement per person and included them all in one big envelope. The big envelope now contains all kids envelope and spouse's own as well. Hope this is the right thing to do?

Please, kindly answer this becaus I plan to send it first thing in the morning.

Thanks, in anticipation.

I heard too, you can do 2 way with DHL

You pay 9410 for transmission fee and 990 each for sms for your kids that don’t do biometrics.

Yeah, the package is ok
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DolphA: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2023
OkukuOne:
PPR for my family!!!!!!!!!!

from start to finish 33days.

Application submitted on March 11, 2023
Biometrics updated on arch 12, 2023
Medical Requests for Spouse and kids on March 17, 2023
Medical passed for kids March 22 and Spouse and one of one kids on March 27, and 28
Original Passport Request for kids April 05, 2023
Correspondence Letter on April 13, 2023
Original Passport Request for spouse April 13, 2023

Thanks, to all that supported me, by encouraging me privately and here in.

All the glory be upto one and only one true Messiah who came through for me and my family.

God be praise forever. Jesus is Lord.

More stories much later on engagement that may help our processes and minds.

Wow, finally

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Eje18(f): 2:58am On Apr 14, 2023
OkukuOne:

Medical passed for kids March 22 and Spouse and one of one kids on March 27, and 28

All the glory be upto one and only one true Messiah who came through for me and my family.

Congratulations
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 4:42am On Apr 14, 2023
OkukuOne:

This speed dey sweet my belle. Congratulations brother!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 4:45am On Apr 14, 2023
OkukuOne:
Business is treated as a diffrent entity. You also should treat it in same way. Move all cash to her account.

Your 12k CAD is good. Just try do the calculation of what you need as per each person to be able to stay in Canada as stated by IRCC.

Good luck!

So moving the funds to her account won't be seen as a lump sum?

I was thinking we should just leave it in the business account and state that 50% of the fund will be used to support the fund. Please what do you advise??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HEADYWORLD: 7:02am On Apr 14, 2023
Accessed:

So moving the funds to her account won't be seen as a lump sum?

I was thinking we should just leave it in the business account and state that 50% of the fund will be used to support the fund. Please what do you advise??

If you move form your business account to her account, it already a lumpsum. Just explain the money came from the business account
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by keleto(m): 7:37am On Apr 14, 2023
OkukuOne:
Business is treated as a diffrent entity. You also should treat it in same way. Move all cash to her account.

Your 12k CAD is good. Just try do the calculation of what you need as per each person to be able to stay in Canada as stated by IRCC.

Good luck!

Are you in canada for work or schooling?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zeb04(f): 7:38am On Apr 14, 2023
Please i am unable to pay for my work permit application. I have used both naira and dollar card. Please what am I doing wrong?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 8:11am On Apr 14, 2023
zeb04:
Please i am unable to pay for my work permit application. I have used both naira and dollar card. Please what am I doing wrong?

i can help you pay @750/usd
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:04pm On Apr 14, 2023
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygurl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, HEAVYWORLD, et al,

Since I wrote on my LOI that we will be returning back home after my spouse is through with studies, is it a MUST or an idea to buy return ticket or one way will be fine?

Please, I will need a guide on this.

Make person plan well with the little cahs when de hand. He get why!

I will greatly apprciate feedbacks.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by zeb04(f): 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2023
teamb:

i can help you pay @750/usd

Okay how would you help me pay
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by hommiekr(m): 4:58pm On Apr 14, 2023
OkukuOne:
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygurl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, HEAVYWORLD, et al,

Since I wrote on my LOI that we will be returning back home after my spouse is through with studies, is it a MUST or an idea to buy return ticket or one way will be fine?

No it's not a must. You can book one way for all of you.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Truth106: 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2023
Wow the Kind of speed I desire for my husband o.

Congratulations and waiting for the full gist and secret

OkukuOne:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 9:12pm On Apr 14, 2023
keleto:

Are you in canada for work or schooling?

Studying...yes schooling
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 9:18pm On Apr 14, 2023
OkukuOne:

Well, I dont think it matters, because indeed there could be reasons why you may not book return now. You may even have reasons to travel home briefly before the end of the programme. I am also not sure you can get return dates in excess of 1 year. so i dont think it will matter. My Opinion though...the gurus can weigh in too.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by teamb: 10:01pm On Apr 14, 2023
zeb04:

Okay how would you help me pay

You can dm via WhatsApp
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kennyjoy(m): 11:51pm On Apr 14, 2023
Good day everyone. For those that have traveled with an infant(0-2 years). Please, does the airline provide a bassinet seating area for a baby? My spouse and daughter will be flying with Lufthansa, even though I have been trying to contact the airline to confirm this, but I haven't gotten a response from them. I paid for two travelers, and it showed a seat for an additional fee which I thought should be optional. Since I paid for two travelers, do I have to pay for a bassinet seat for a baby? Please, anyone that has traveled with a baby. Do you lap your baby, or does the airline provides this seat? Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2023
The majority do not charge. No airline actually charges for the use of the bassinet, but some charge for the actual airline seat itself due to the extra legroom available as they are located at the bulkhead wall. Some of these include Thai Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, Swiss and others.

Goodluck!

kennyjoy:
Good day everyone. For those that have traveled with an infant(0-2 years). Please, does the airline provide a bassinet seating area for a baby? My spouse and daughter will be flying with Lufthansa, even though I have been trying to contact the airline to confirm this, but I haven't gotten a response from them. I paid for two travelers, and it showed a seat for an additional fee which I thought should be optional. Since I paid for two travelers, do I have to pay for a bassinet seat for a baby? Please, anyone that has traveled with a baby. Do you lap your baby, or does the airline provides this seat? Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 9:39am On Apr 15, 2023
@Makano, Skull4eva, lizzygurl, estake, survivex, DrAFOguns, jimogh111, Shommyface, SweetJJ, drokiri, HEAVYWORLD, hommiekrs, et al,

What is the secret of getting the cheapest flights (with exceptions of Ethiopian Airline).

Planning to book flight for family asap.

A guide will be well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by chrisoo(m): 2:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
Hello Fam,

I landed Toronto 2 days ago and am currently staying in an Airbnb around Milton, until April 30, 2023. This is not cheap. Please does anybody have information on very cheap accommodation in Downtown Toronto (arround Toronto School of Management ...22 College Street) where my college is located. Budget is below $800 and I dont mind a shared accommodation from May 1., 2023.
Please any information will be highly appreciated. I don search tire. Its like all the homeowners want guarantors/4-6 months upfront...etc

Thank you
Chrisoo
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oluobi(m): 2:09pm On Apr 15, 2023
PPR ALERT!!!

OWP for spouse and SP for three children.

Applications submitted 3rd March 2023
Biometrics request (Spouse) 5th March 2023
Upfront medical (Everybody) 7th March 2023
Biometrics done and updated 9th March 2023
Eligibility review started 9th March 2023
Medical request for children 15th/16th March 2023
Medical updated (Spouse) 20th March 2023
Medical updated (Children) 22nd March 2023
PPR (1st child) 22nd March 2023
PPR (spouse and other children) 6th April 2023
PPs submitted in person @VFS Lekki 11th April 2023
PPs on their way back to Lagos (Received a mail )

Counterfoil and LOI dropped for everybody this afternoon.

I want to say a very big thank you to ALL the contributors on this platform, as i received everything i needed to package our applications here.
Special mention to @Bobomaigida and @Ketima (sent private e-mail to them), who both assured me that nothing to worry about when the PPR for other members of the family did not drop after that of my son dropped on the 22nd of March.

My prayer is that God will answer the prayers of those that are still expecting a decision on their application.

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Luckybelt: 3:13pm On Apr 15, 2023
pls did anyone come in with a visiting visa ? how did you get your WP
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Truth106: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2023
Congratulations

oluobi:
PPR ALERT!!!

I want to say a very big thank you to ALL the contributors on this platform, as i received everything i needed to package our applications here.
Special mention to @Bobomaigida and @Ketima (sent private e-mail to them), who both assured me that nothing to worry about when the PPR for other members of the family did not drop after that of my son dropped on the 22nd of March.

My prayer is that God will answer the prayers of those that are still expecting a decision on their application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2023
Congrats!!!

oluobi:
PPR ALERT!!!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Valolisa147: 4:58pm On Apr 15, 2023
This grace will find it's way to all of us somehow. Amen. Congrats and I Tap in strongly 🤲

PPR ALERT!!!

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 5:43pm On Apr 15, 2023
Congrats!

Please how much was your POF?

kindly share some details to guide us, if you don't mind!!

oluobi:
PPR ALERT!!!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Accessed: 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2023
Please for SOWP application, do we still need to resubmit all those properties and evidences we presented during the application for study permit? and do we need to include the expense for the students i.e living expense of the student in Canada in analysing the POF?

I shall appreciate your contributions sirs/ma.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oluobi(m): 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2023
[quote author=Truth106 post=122533153]Congratulations

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oluobi(m): 6:05pm On Apr 15, 2023
[quote author=OkukuOne post=122534381]Congrats!!!

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oluobi(m): 6:08pm On Apr 15, 2023
[quote author=Valolisa147 post=122534964]This grace will find it's way to all of us somehow. Amen. Congrats and I Tap in strongly 🤲

Amen, thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.