Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,546 members, 7,837,095 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (343) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (811941 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbasdaughter(f): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2023
OkukuOne:
meaning your proposed plan is okay.

Oh.....ok sir
Thank you so much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Joedave25: 11:01am On Sep 21, 2023
Hello gentlemen and ladies.

I submitted passports of my kids for stamping at Abuja office through UPS courier - separate forms and passport in smaller envelope, then enclosed in a bigger envelope (one way) and paid N20k plus for the service. when it was ready for collection, I duplicated what looked like an indemnity form they emailed me and paid same N20k plus for delivery of the 3 passports. The next day I was called by a lady who mentioned I need to pay separate fees for the 3 passports.

Please I want to know from those of us in the same category whether that’s the way it works now. It’s a family package(my kids).

Pls your feedback will me know how next to approach VFS Abuja on this. I have asked the lady to email me directing me to pay for separate courier fees for the 3 passports if that’s the way they work now.

Waiting for responses guys!!! @ just wise
@justmellow and others
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DereI(f): 5:56pm On Sep 21, 2023
Joedave25:

I submitted passports of my kids for stamping at Abuja office through UPS courier - separate forms and passport in smaller envelope, then enclosed in a bigger envelope (one way) and paid N20k plus for the service. when it was ready for collection, I duplicated what looked like an indemnity form they emailed me and paid same N20k plus for delivery of the 3 passports. The next day I was called by a lady who mentioned I need to pay separate fees for the 3 passports.

Please I want to know from those of us in the same category whether that’s the way it works now. It’s a family package(my kids).

Pls your feedback will me know how next to approach VFS Abuja on this. I have asked the lady to email me directing me to pay for separate courier fees for the 3 passports if that’s the way they work now.

@justmellow and others

I believe all 3 should be in the same envelope.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 7:04pm On Sep 21, 2023
Does the holder of SOWP visa need an introduction letter at the port of entry in Canada?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by letsfarmnigeria: 1:00am On Sep 22, 2023
Joedave25:

@justmellow and others

Yes since April this year you can no longer use 1 envelope for the whole family it has to be aid by individual document/envelope, it's a new policy
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by letsfarmnigeria: 1:01am On Sep 22, 2023
DereI:

I believe all 3 should be in the same envelope.

No it's separate envelopes they started it since April this year
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nnamdi346: 9:18am On Sep 22, 2023
My spouse's school starts in January 2024.

Does anyone know if I can work with an open permit from October??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 1:30pm On Sep 22, 2023
YES!

Kurukuru:
Does the holder of SOWP visa need an introduction letter at the port of entry in Canada?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2023
If you are granted a Study Permit along with a Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) in Canada while your spouse is an international student, you are generally allowed to start working right away once you arrive in Canada. You don't need to wait for your spouse's program to begin. The SOWP is designed to allow the spouse or common-law partner of an international student to work in Canada while the student is studying.

However, it's important to ensure that your SOWP allows you to work immediately upon arrival, as the terms and conditions of work permits can vary based on individual circumstances and the specific details of your application.

Good luck!

nnamdi346:
My spouse's school starts in January 2024.

Does anyone know if I can work with an open permit from October??

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheranmie2023: 3:26pm On Sep 23, 2023
Good day my people, My husband and 2 kids applied for spousal work permit and study permit for the children August 23. They got refused after a week based on financial ground. The POF shows #30m. We wish to apply again next week. I kindly need your input guys. Below is the officer reason.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbeybaba: 7:53pm On Sep 23, 2023
Request for GSMN first to know what happened. It happened to me and did second time, I was refused. Then I requested for this, to my surprise, it is lump sum that caused it. After that I addressed the lump sum. I submitted on 8 August, got approved on 30 August.quote author=OkukuOne post=125953077]If you are granted a Study Permit along with a Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) in Canada while your spouse is an international student, you are generally allowed to start working right away once you arrive in Canada. You don't need to wait for your spouse's program to begin. The SOWP is designed to allow the spouse or common-law partner of an international student to work in Canada while the student is studying.

However, it's important to ensure that your SOWP allows you to work immediately upon arrival, as the terms and conditions of work permits can vary based on individual circumstances and the specific details of your application.

Good luck!

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 9:49pm On Sep 23, 2023
Please for SOWP application can l upload some of my documents under proof of relationship section if client information section could not accommodate all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by toniro(m): 6:19am On Sep 24, 2023
Good morning family, I wil like to thank this house for many support, in fact there are some quiet people that i engaged personally and got guidance.
Passport request for Mine and that of my 2 kids ( 4&7; study for both, Sowp for self) is out.

Medical upfront july 21
Online application August 19
Biometrics Appointment after much delay on Sept 9
Ppr for all sept 12.

Document uploaded but not restricted to below

5 months Statement of acct- 13m ( naira decline; use exchange rate to determine everytime, it helps)
4 months payslip
Landed property- 2 ( did the valuation for both separately of course and total valuation of 7.5m)
Job appointment
Last promotion letter
Every lump sum above 2m had evidence like car sales receipts, contribution contract. No explanation, evidence Dey.
Introduction letter from my kids school
Report card of my 2 kids.
School photo album
Letter of intent
Family picture
Kids picture on uniform
Introduction letter from office
Reference letter from bank
Marriage documents including wedding card;lol
Plus the other regular document too numerous to mention.
Wify on study visa. She left in April.

Glory to God!!

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yomit2(m): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2023
House, please I need urgent help on this question; I applied for my sister’s student visa and I stated in the SOP that she would travel with her 2 kids which I also included in the forms but I didn’t pay the application fees for the kids. Her visa is out now but her kids are not included. Can someone please guide me on how to apply for these 2 underage kids?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 12:36pm On Sep 24, 2023
Was your denial reason happen to be this same reason? Or is different reasons and you got to known after requested for your GCMS note?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2023
Abbeybaba:
Request for GSMN first to know what happened. It happened to me and did second time, I was refused. Then I requested for this, to my surprise, it is lump sum that caused it. After that I addressed the lump sum. I submitted on 8 August, got approved on 30 August.quote author=OkukuOne post=125953077]If you are granted a Study Permit along with a Spousal Open Work Permit (SOWP) in Canada while your spouse is an international student, you are generally allowed to start working right away once you arrive in Canada. You don't need to wait for your spouse's program to begin. The SOWP is designed to allow the spouse or common-law partner of an international student to work in Canada while the student is studying.

Good luck!

Was your denial reason happen to be this same reason? Or is different reasons and you got to known after requested for your GCMS note
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Favouralltheway: 1:51pm On Sep 24, 2023
toniro:
Good morning family, I wil like to thank this house for many support, in fact there are some quiet people that i engaged personally and got guidance.
Passport request for Mine and that of my 2 kids ( 4&7; study for both, Sowp for self) is out.

Medical upfront july 21
Ppr for all sept 12.

Congratulations 🎊 Nice one

5 months Statement of acct- 13m ( naira decline; use exchange rate to determine everytime, it helps)
4 months payslip
Landed property- 2 ( did the valuation for both separately of course and total valuation of 7.5m)
Job appointment
Last promotion letter
Every lump sum above 2m had evidence like car sales receipts, contribution contract. No explanation, evidence Dey.
School photo album
Letter of intent
Family picture
Kids picture on uniform

Glory to God!!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Favouralltheway: 1:56pm On Sep 24, 2023
toniro:

Medical upfront july 21
Ppr for all sept 12.

4 months payslip
Job appointment
Last promotion letter
School photo album
Letter of intent
Family picture
Kids picture on uniform

Glory to God!!

Please did u include SOP for yourself? Did ur wife also attach a notorized letter of invite? Did u attach proof of accommodation in Canada? Please I would really appreciate your response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 3:06pm On Sep 24, 2023
Hello, sorry to see this. Many issues could be associated with finance apart from the balance. I would advise you request for GCMS note to understand what went wrong. But if you can't wait, you could allow someone with experience to review your bank statement.

Pheranmie2023:
Good day my people, My husband and 2 kids applied for spousal work permit and study permit for the children August 23. They got refused after a week based on financial ground. The POF shows #30m. We wish to apply again next week. I kindly need your input guys. Below is the officer reason.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Lindyadam: 4:38pm On Sep 24, 2023
Good day everyone, I wanted to ask, my sister in law will.be doing a gift deed of 2 million for my husband's SOWP application. Although he already has about 800k in his account. Does this gift deed explain the lump sum since she is his elder sister and they can prove relationship.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by toniro(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2023
Favouralltheway:

Please did u include SOP for yourself? Did ur wife also attach a notorized letter of invite? Did u attach proof of accommodation in Canada? Please I would really appreciate your response
Yes I did for sop. The letter of invite was not notarized.
As par accommodation, I used my wife’s proof of payment for accommodation and the address
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Glock22: 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2023
PPR just dropped for my brother and 2 kids. Wife arrived July for study that started August.

Nothing extraordinary with the application.

POF was $20k Canadian bank draft issued a day before application was submitted. Nothing was notarized.

Application submitted August 16th. Biometrics Sept 1.

Best of luck to everyone else.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gentlesoul3268: 6:12am On Sep 26, 2023
Congratulations toniro, please do you submitted any documents related to your wife studentship? Like study permit, tuition fees payment receipt, etc

toniro:

Yes I did for sop. The letter of invite was not notarized.
As par accommodation, I used my wife’s proof of payment for accommodation and the address
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by toniro(m): 3:22am On Sep 27, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Congratulations toniro, please do you submitted any documents related to your wife studentship? Like study permit, tuition fees payment receipt, etc

Yes please including her ID, medical card and insurance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by king4afric(m): 4:42am On Sep 27, 2023
Hi Guys, I have a room for Airbnb with Wi-Fi in Toronto for naija people ( this will be the cheapest price you can get) I will accept fee in naira or Canadian dollar CAD and the package will include picking you up from Pearson Airport … can provide you with breakfast and Dinner inclusive ( minimum stay is 2 nights and maximum is 5 nights)

WhatsApp only call or chat zero 7 zero 15427 two zero 2
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gentlesoul3268: 8:51am On Sep 27, 2023
Thanks toniro, what about receipt of her tuition fees do you including that

toniro:

Yes please including her ID, medical card and insurance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by toniro(m): 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2023
Gentlesoul3268:

Thanks toniro, what about receipt of her tuition fees do you including that

Nope. I did not include it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kenn55: 4:16pm On Sep 27, 2023
Please guys,

Someone I know has gotten his PPR but it's late to start coming as school has resumed. He has deferred to sep 2024 and will be coming to Canada around July 2024.
The initial plan was to arrive first before applying for the spouse SOWP, since he can't arrive till July, can the spouse apply for SOWP now while he is still in Nigeria? Or must the spouse wait for him to land first before she applies for SOWP? Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oluwaloniglory7: 7:28pm On Sep 27, 2023
Good observation technix, but I think proof of funds for SWOP is a very straight forward compared to Student visa.

Once you can explain the lump sums in your account and back it up with documents to proof the funds is nice

Even someone can use new account with only one lump sum transaction with evidence that shows how you raise the funds in your account .

technix:
Hello, sorry to see this. Many issues could be associated with finance apart from the balance. I would advise you request for GCMS note to understand what went wrong. But if you can't wait, you could allow someone with experience to review your bank statement.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oluwaloniglory7: 7:31pm On Sep 27, 2023
Spouse need to wait for primary applicant either travel together or arrive first because study permit need to first issue to PA

Kenn55:
Please guys,

Someone I know has gotten his PPR but it's late to start coming as school has resumed. He has deferred to sep 2024 and will be coming to Canada around July 2024.
The initial plan was to arrive first before applying for the spouse SOWP, since he can't arrive till July, can the spouse apply for SOWP now while he is still in Nigeria? Or must the spouse wait for him to land first before she applies for SOWP? Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (340) (341) (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) ... (387) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.