Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (346) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803809 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 7:28pm On Oct 13, 2023
I am expecting my decision as my Background check for SOWP is at concluding stage. I am also in Tech like you. I sent you an email. Kindly respond so I can connect with you on LinkedIn. I want to learn how you landed the job from Nigeria.

nnamdi346:
Landed a professional job in Calgary, Alberta while outside of Canada with my SOWP - NOC 1.

Does anyone know how easy it is to get PNP in Alberta with his job offer/experience, before my spouse completes her 2-years program starting in Winter/Jan 2024?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2023
Pls how long did your SOWP take?

I want to find out if I should be worried,
I applied Aug 28th and got Medical Passed Sept. 1st as I have been on Background Check since Sept. 1st. (2nd time applicant).

nnamdi346:

We didn't apply together. I applied after hers was approved and visa placed in her passport.

She used me as home ties but in my SOWP application I ensured I explained the sudden change in plan (i.e why I decided to travel with her) in detail...just some subtle emotional blackmail...and it was approved.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Qwetutter: 10:08am On Oct 14, 2023
Good morning everyone, please i got a message about my application (SOWP) that I should provide more evidence about my application for SOWP I did biometric on July 12th which have uploaded what they requested for ( full payment receipt for my spouse school fees and course Reg) please how long does it take for ircc to get back me ? The wait is killing
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ARRIVA: 2:44pm On Oct 14, 2023
Qwetutter:
Good morning everyone, please i got a message about my application (SOWP) that I should provide more evidence about my application for SOWP I did biometric on July 12th which have uploaded what they requested for ( full payment receipt for my spouse school fees and course Reg) please how long does it take for ircc to get back me ? The wait is killing

i was in the same situation until yesterday. gave them a 2 hours call and the visa was approved later in the day. so give them a call

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Qwetutter: 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2023
@ARRIVA , kindly assist with your email , I will appreciate that…… thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by faithee01: 8:52pm On Oct 14, 2023
ARRIVA:

i was in the same situation until yesterday. gave them a 2 hours call and the visa was approved later in the day. so give them a call

Please what number can I use to call them
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kinkylaura: 2:02am On Oct 15, 2023
Good morning all,
I am new here and I need advice on how to apply for SOWP.

I currently have an admission to Eastern college for a 1yr diploma. I have two kids. I want to start applying for my study visa and that of my two kids and after I receive an approval, I can now apply for a work permit for my husband.

Pls house, advice this newbie on how best to go about this and what I need to package a wonderful application.

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dberrydalob: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2023
Hello house please how long does it take to get the gcms note once requested??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Damysa(f): 11:00am On Oct 16, 2023
Eastern college is not a publicly funded college, you are not qualified for dependents sponsorship also you can not get PGWP after graduation. But you are eligible to put in for PR within 3 months after graduation if you can find a job in the province.

Kinkylaura:
Good morning all,
I am new here and I need advice on how to apply for SOWP.

I currently have an admission to Eastern college for a 1yr diploma. I have two kids. I want to start applying for my study visa and that of my two kids and after I receive an approval, I can now apply for a work permit for my husband.

Pls house, advice this newbie on how best to go about this and what I need to package a wonderful application.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AskGod07: 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2023
Full payment for the duration of your spouse study or first semester tuition fees?

Qwetutter:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 12:36am On Oct 17, 2023
A month or more

Dberrydalob:
Hello house please how long does it take to get the gcms note once requested??
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 8:19am On Oct 18, 2023
Good morning house,
Please i need clarifications on the following:
- I'm transferring funds from my savings account into my salary account (which i intend using for submission), will there be an issue with the lump sum movement? or do i need to get a deed for it as well?

-Also, is it a must to submit my husband's bank statement alongside mine?

- Finally, how early can i move the funds into my salary account and how long should it be there for, before printing my statements?

Thank you in anticipation of your response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gabby18: 1:29pm On Oct 18, 2023
Why not leave it in ur savingss account and submit both accounts as prooff of funds..

U can also include ur hubbys account staement as well.
Submit aa statement showing yhe past 6months transactions..

ICONEB:
Good morning house,
Please i need clarifications on the following:
- I'm transferring funds from my savings account into my salary account (which i intend using for submission), will there be an issue with the lump sum movement? or do i need to get a deed for it as well?

-Also, is it a must to submit my husband's bank statement alongside mine?

- Finally, how early can i move the funds into my salary account and how long should it be there for, before printing my statements?

Thank you in anticipation of your response.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dearie(m): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2023
Hello Bosses,

Thanks for the good work going on here.

Please i want to find out if the IMM Forms for checklist are no longer required for SOWP Application.

IMM 5914 Work Permit Checklist
IMM 5488- Document Checklist

I didn't see the above forms while filling out the application on GC Key today. Is this a new requirement or did i miss something? should i just down load and complete and submit??

I will appreciate your urgent responses.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 2:51pm On Oct 19, 2023
Thank you very much.

Why not leave it in ur savingss account and submit both accounts as prooff of funds..

U can also include ur hubbys account staement as well.
Submit aa statement showing yhe past 6months transactions..

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sojiflex001(m): 8:11pm On Oct 19, 2023
ARRIVA:
Please, how to i get a passport across to VFS ABUJA. i am not able to book an appointment online.

Hello ARRIVA
Now that you are sending passport to VFS Abuja, has the application been approved?
You only talked about how to get them approve your application but didn’t let us know whether the application had now been approved.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Arctope: 6:35am On Oct 20, 2023
Hello guys good morning.

Please I just got my ppr and I want to bring in my wife with sowp. How marriage is about 4 months old.

She currently doesn't have a job.

My question is does she have to show proof of fund from her account?

Can I show proof of funds for her with my account?

Also how much proof of fund do we have to show for her?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by gabby18: 8:55am On Oct 21, 2023
If the funds in ur account can cover cost of living for the both of u..theres no need to include her account..

I think u need about 5000 cad for her
Arctope:
Hello guys good morning.

Please I just got my ppr and I want to bring in my wife with sowp. How marriage is about 4 months old.

She currently doesn't have a job.

My question is does she have to show proof of fund from her account?

Can I show proof of funds for her with my account?

Also how much proof of fund do we have to show for her?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 11:33pm On Oct 21, 2023
4,000 CAD
gabby18:
If the funds in ur account can cover cost of living for the both of u..theres no need to include her account..

I think u need about 5000 cad for her
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by opessi: 1:44am On Oct 22, 2023
Please who can help me get an appointment date for biometric in Lagos... I have been trying to get a date since 3 days now but to no avail...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by emilyn: 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2023
Good day, House, I applied on August 7th, biometrics on August 17th, and it showed biometrics completed on September 28th. I'm still waiting to hear from them. I am getting worried.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Terminalia(f): 2:33am On Oct 24, 2023
Hello everyone, SOWP & VV for my son was refused. they mentioed that i applied under international mobility program. i dont know what that is cos i applied for SOWP. i didnt add my statement of account and i am still in Nigeria. kindly advise.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 4:57am On Oct 24, 2023
So sorry about this. Please when did you apply and did you just get the refusal this morning
Terminalia:
Hello everyone, SOWP & VV for my son was refused. they mentioed that i applied under international mobility program. i dont know what that is cos i applied for SOWP. i didnt add my statement of account and i am still in Nigeria. kindly advise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Terminalia(f): 5:38am On Oct 24, 2023
subzheero:
So sorry about this. Please when did you apply and did you just get the refusal this morning
?

I applied on the 6th of sept abd just got the refusal
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AskGod07: 8:16am On Oct 24, 2023
Your refusal is clear they said your spouse proof of funds to support your family's stay in Canada is not sufficient and also not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to support your stay.

The SOWP visa type is fall under mobility program.

Try and work on your proof of funds

Terminalia:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Terminalia(f): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2023
AskGod07:

Your refusal is clear they said your spouse proof of funds to support your family's stay in Canada is not sufficient and also not satisfied that you have sufficient funds to support your stay.

The SOWP visa type is fall under mobility program.

Try and work on your proof of funds
Thank you for you input but let me provide more details. the application was for my hubby and second son. my first son is american and we stated that in the sop and provided pof for him. living expenses was 10k for the 3 of them, flight and miscellaneous was 9k for them making a total of 19k.

all lump sum from N1m and above was explained and the total pof provided was 23k cad. so i dont understand what i have to do differently.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 9:11am On Oct 24, 2023
23k cad should be enough for the 3 but am thinking the VO is trying to factor PA(Student) expenses into the POF. Do you have outstanding tuition yet unpaid, if you can get the funds into your husband's account .Probably his own statement of account only should be provided in the next application
Terminalia:

Thank you for you input but let me provide more details. the application was for my hubby and second son. my first son is american and we stated that in the sop and provided pof for him. living expenses was 10k for the 3 of them, flight and miscellaneous was 9k for them making a total of 19k.

all lump sum from N1m and above was explained and the total pof provided was 23k cad. so i dont understand what i have to do differently.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Terminalia(f): 9:39am On Oct 24, 2023
subzheero:
23k cad should be enough for the 3 but am thinking the VO is trying to factor PA(Student) expenses into the POF. Do you have outstanding tuition yet unpaid, if you can get the funds into your husband's account .Probably his own statement of account only should be provided in the next application
I have paid my full tuition for my 1 yr program, i also added the receipts to the application. the whole pof is in my hubby's bank and we submitted his savings acct statement. we added his company account to show the source of fund. this people sef, u never know what they want.

i initially applied with my family but we were denied due to lump sum (which was clearly explained in the sop). i later applied alone with the same pof and bank statements and i got my study permit.

im not happy at all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by subzheero: 10:33am On Oct 24, 2023
Request for your GCSM note. However, you might need to provide your own statement of account coupled with your husband's own too. Seems IRCC rate has increased too
Terminalia:

I have paid my full tuition for my 1 yr program, i also added the receipts to the application. the whole pof is in my hubby's bank and we submitted his savings acct statement. we added his company account to show the source of fund. this people sef, u never know what they want.

i initially applied with my family but we were denied due to lump sum (which was clearly explained in the sop). i later applied alone with the same pof and bank statements and i got my study permit.

im not happy at all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Terminalia(f): 1:26pm On Oct 24, 2023
subzheero:
Request for your GCSM note. However, you might need to provide your own statement of account coupled with your husband's own too. Seems IRCC rate has increased too
thanks, i have requested for my note.

I would like to seek clarification. I would be traveling by December, can i take my american son with me? I mentioned him in my application and i indicated in my application that he would not be going with me.

Since he does not require a visa to enter canada, can he travel with me?
thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lyndaoyewole(f): 9:31pm On Oct 24, 2023
please oh, i have a sister who has sowp, 1 vv child & 2 study visa kids. wakanow is claiming she must buy return tickets. sowp traveller's how did you do it?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Qwetutter: 11:54am On Oct 25, 2023
Kindly assist , the wait is killing , i did biometric on 12th of july , and I received a message from ircc to provide more evidence about my application by September ( they requested for full payment of my spouse tuition fees) which have uploaded on 9th of November , ever since then I didn’t receive message from ircc………. What should i do ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.