Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (810855 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oklarlexzy: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
I just came accross this thread. You are doing a great job. My questions...
My wife is currently in Canada and her study permit ends in May. I applied for visitor visa for myself and our son under her application. It's been over 2months after biometric no update.Our plan was to flagpole to sowp. My question is
1. can I still apply for spousal open work permit under same application from Nigeria or cancel the visitor's visa and apply for sowp.
2. What documents are required and pof
3. Does sowp get approved faster than visitors visa
4. Should we just be patient or change to sowp as soon as possible.
Thank you as I await your response.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DamDid: 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hello house, you guys are doing a splendid job. Please I applied for SOWP and VVs for my kids, just got medical request for my wife and younger child but not for my older child. As anyone experienced this? Can I send a webform?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Afoolm: 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
uyi4mata:
Hello Guys, Pls is there a WhatsApp group for SOWP. 2ndly I applied for SOWP since Sept 24th 2023 and haven't gotten any response from IRCC. What might be the issue.
Thanks

Good evening, please do you get a WhatsApp group for sowp. Please share if you have.
Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ehishine18: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2023
Good evening house.
Please I need clarity on this issue 👇. Kindly assist me if you can please.
A partner to an international student filling those initial questions for her SOWP was only asked proof of relationship ( she has a sibling and now her husband in Canada) which is fine But, NO proof of funds at any point. 🤔

Is that so?
Is there something they're not doing right? Please If I have experienced this kindly share
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 10:48pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ehishine18:
Good evening house.
Please I need clarity on this issue 👇. Kindly assist me if you can please.
A partner to an international student filling those initial questions for her SOWP was only asked proof of relationship ( she has a sibling and now her husband in Canada) which is fine But, NO proof of funds at any point. 🤔

Is that so?
Is there something they're not doing right? Please If I have experienced this kindly share

Yes, no proof of funds was asked at any point on all imm forms for SOWP.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ehishine18: 11:15pm On Dec 24, 2023
[quote author=pristinee post=127612691 cry sad
Yes, no proof of funds was asked at any point on all imm forms for SOWP.[/quote]

Wow I'm surprised ! So do u mean they shouldn't include it in the application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbasdaughter(f): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2023
opessi:

Same situation, I applied for my wife and son 21st October, 3 days after my wife's medical was passed even though she hasn't gone for biometric... She went for biometric November 10th and was updated same day.. Ever since then no update until yesterday that my sons medical was passed after sending 4 webform.

We called on Monday or Tuesday, they said Sowp official wait/approval period is 4 months and so, we can call back by middle of February next year if we don't get a response
I'm just wondering why they said they're prioritising family reunification if it will take 4 months to work on an application!
I keep hoping it will be sooner by God's grace
Also, we've just submitted a webform containing my husband's transcript and school fee receipt maybe that would hopefully jolt their attention
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 12:01am On Dec 25, 2023
[quote author=Ehishine18 post=127612934][/quote]

why not? Because it's not on imm form doesn't mean u shouldn't provide it, some people were denied based on insufficient funds. Show it in client information.

@Ehishine18
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbasdaughter(f): 12:01am On Dec 25, 2023
DripDude:

Hello

pls can you help, while trying to fill mine, I could not go pass this question

* What exactly do you want to apply for? (required)
I am the spouse, common law partner or dependent of an H-1B visa holder
Not sure

Im so sorry I'm just seeing this, I can't remember this question specifically

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oklarlexzy: 8:05am On Dec 25, 2023
Please ma/sir I need answers to this
oklarlexzy:
My wife is currently in Canada and her study permit ends in May. I applied for visitor visa for myself and our son under her application. It's been over 2months after biometric no update.Our plan was to flagpole to sowp. My question is
1. can I still apply for spousal open work permit under same application from Nigeria or cancel the visitor's visa and apply for sowp.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 9:24am On Dec 25, 2023
@oklarlexzy

1. Yes, you can apply for a sowp. Don't cancel the vv application, as it could even expedite the process.

2. Amongst others, you need documents showing strong home ties like your siblings, parents, parents-in-law, professional associations, investments & real property.

3. It depends on individual cases. It appears that IRCC is more disposed to granting a sowp application to spouse of an international student.

4. Apply for a sowp now.

oklarlexzy:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oklarlexzy: 12:54pm On Dec 25, 2023
@folla.Thanks for your response I really appreciate. Should the application still be under my wife profile or I should open a new account for myself?
folla:
@oklarlexzy

1. Yes, you can apply for a sowp. Don't cancel the vv application, as it could even expedite the process.

2. Amongst others, you need documents showing strong home ties like your siblings, parents, parents-in-law, professional associations, investments & real property.

3. It depends on individual cases. It appears that IRCC is more disposed to granting a sowp application to spouse of an international student.

4. Apply for a sowp now.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kurukuru: 2:31am On Dec 26, 2023
https://www-theglobeandmail-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/politics/article-immigration-minister-says-he-will-rein-in-number-of-temporary-foreign/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIUAKwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=17035227916405&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theglobeandmail.com%2Fpolitics%2Farticle-immigration-minister-says-he-will-rein-in-number-of-temporary-foreign%2F
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by DamDid: 6:55am On Dec 26, 2023
DamDid:
Hello house, you guys are doing a splendid job. Please I applied for SOWP and VVs for my kids, just got medical request for my wife and younger child but not for my older child. As anyone experienced this? Can I send a webform?

Please guys I need an answer to this.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ibirongbe: 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Good day all,
pls how do i get to canada biometric center from CMS lagos. Just the description.
Bus to board from cms.
Kindly treat as urgent
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Afoolm: 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2023
ibirongbe:
Good day all,
pls how do i get to canada biometric center from CMS lagos. Just the description.
Bus to board from cms.
Kindly treat as urgent

Take a bus going to Ajah, tell the driver you are dropping at Ikate junction. Cross to the other side, Enter the street, the first Turning on the left side, the building is by the right. You will see a lot of people around the building.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ibirongbe: 4:09pm On Dec 26, 2023
Afoolm:

Thanks bro

Take a bus going to Ajah, tell the driver you are dropping at Ikate junction. Cross to the other side, Enter the street, the first Turning on the left side, the building is by the right. You will see a lot of people around the building.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oklarlexzy: 10:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
@ folla?
oklarlexzy:
@folla.Thanks for your response I really appreciate. Should the application still be under my wife profile or I should open a new account for myself?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 9:37pm On Dec 27, 2023
The application is better made under your wife's profile.

oklarlexzy:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by folla: 9:41pm On Dec 27, 2023
They will still send medical request for your older child. There’s no harm in sending a webform.

DamDid:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oklarlexzy: 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2023
Thank you so much. I will get on to it.
folla:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:58am On Dec 29, 2023
When providing advice on financial amounts, it's wise to suggest a slightly higher figure to accommodate potential variations. For instance, if someone mentions a target of 4,000, a good strategy is to recommend aiming for around 4,500. This extra margin ensures that any unforeseen changes or fluctuations are covered. I nor too trust that currency called naira nowadays.

ianian:
With the above, is it safe to say that the new POF for SOWP for first family member is now 5,055 CAD (from 4,000 CAD)

OkukuOne
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:09am On Dec 29, 2023
oklarlexzy:

Yes. You do not need to cancel your VV Application

Explore the thread, and you'll find the answers. While I could give you the answers directly, it wouldn't be beneficial for your learning. The goal here is to provide guidance in unclear areas rather than to answer general questions. I suggest you read thoroughly and take notes. This approach will help you learn faster and enable you to assist others as well.

Yes

Also apply for your SOWP. In applying for SOWP, open your own GCKey and add your child(ren) to your application.

Good luck!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:10am On Dec 29, 2023
it will come, but it's not a bad idea to send Webform. Please go ahead.

Good luck!

DamDid:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:22am On Dec 29, 2023
incorrect.

Begin by creating your own account and include your children in your application. You will require your wife's SP, an invitation letter, and various other supporting documents for your application.

Initiate the process by setting up a GCKey account. As you proceed, the steps will become clearer. Make sure to take your time and go through the thread carefully, as it contains plenty of useful information that will aid you in the process.

Good luck!

folla:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 3:31am On Dec 29, 2023
My brother, why didn't you bring this up earlier? It seems a bit like misrepresentation in some way...

I suggest you submit your SOWP before traveling. If I were in your situation, I'd apply for my SOWP and travel to Canada with my visitor visa. If there's no response after two months, you could then proceed with your wife and do the flagpoling. This approach demonstrates that you had already applied for your SOWP before leaving Nigeria and ensures that all information is accurately recorded, unlike in your previous VV application.

Good luck!

DripDude:

Weldone OkukuOne, please I have a very peculiar situation and I need your advise

I got married to my wife in lagos, 2 saturdays ago.she currently schools in canada and her student visa expires in May 2024, though her program ends in August 2024 and she intend to apply for extension. her program also qualifies her for a 3 year pgwp

As for me, I got my visitor's visa in november but I never mentioned that I have someone in canada, I only applied to visit as a tourist.

she is going back to canada in January and we are considering applying for her student visa extension and my SOWP together when she returns, is this a good strategy? and how can we do this?.

Option 2 is for me to start the sowp process immediately but I am worried that she doesnt have up to 6 months left on her visa and also how do I explain that I have known her and we have bn dating for years, considering that I never mentioned her when I applied and obtained my VV
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oklarlexzy: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2023
Thank you I really appreciate . 1.Will I be doing a new biometric or I can link the visitors visa biometric with sowp?
2. Am I applying for a visitor visa on my profile too for my child . Note: we both applied for vv under my wife profile before?
OkukuOne:
incorrect.

Begin by creating your own account and include your children in your application. You will require your wife's SP, an invitation letter, and various other supporting documents for your application.

Initiate the process by setting up a GCKey account. As you proceed, the steps will become clearer. Make sure to take your time and go through the thread carefully, as it contains plenty of useful information that will aid you in the process.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by OkukuOne(m): 2:21am On Dec 30, 2023
oklarlexzy:
Thank you I really appreciate .

1.Will I be doing a new biometric or I can link the visitors visa biometric with sowp?

biometric last for 10years

2. Am I applying for a visitor visa on my profile too for my child . Note: we both applied for vv under my wife profile before?

You child already have VV, right? if yes, no need. If no, there is no need still because you already one running for him/her in your wife's profile.

Good luck!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by oklarlexzy: 6:43am On Dec 30, 2023
Thank you for your support
OkukuOne:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by lois2016: 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2023
Good afternoon, Please I chose No when asked if am accompaning a family member as my husband was already in Canada, I didn't get the space to put proof of relationship so I included it in client information section. Please is this an issue? It was after I submitted I learnt it was because I chose No I didn't get a space to put proof of relationship. how can I correct this if it is an issue?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 3:19am On Dec 31, 2023
lois2016:
Good afternoon, Please I chose No when asked if am accompaning a family member as my husband

You did the right thing. No issue

Puting proof of relationship in client information is appropriate. Screenshot below is from IRCC website. Some oversabi people will just make u confused.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by pristinee: 3:26am On Dec 31, 2023
DamDid:

Please guys I need an answer to this.

I hope u have received the pending medical request. Please, when did u apply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) ... (386) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.