Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (810945 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 10:19pm On Feb 24
Congrats in advance. Did you send them emails this week?
Cjnick:
Greetings house.
I just received medical request letter from IRCC for me and my son.
Does it mean PPR will surely come?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 10:27pm On Feb 24
Ogbigog:
Congrats in advance. Did you send them emails this week?

Thank you so much.
Yes i sent them the email. You really tried for me.šŸ™šŸ™
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 10:30pm On Feb 24
notoracism:

If there is no underlying health issues, yes.

Congratulations!

I already did upfront medical. I wonder why they didnā€™t see it. Iā€™m just going to upload it to them.
Someone told me not to bother with uploading it that it comes to them automatically. But now see.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Arctope: 11:52pm On Feb 24
Hello guys , please can I show proof of fund for my wife sowp? She recently just graduated and started working 2 months ago. So the proof of fund is in my DORM ACCT. I hope this will fly? pof Is 33,500 CAD ...FULL TUITION PAID
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by opessi: 11:54pm On Feb 24
Lebaron0312:
Hello everyone... I got an update for my SOWP... Now my data shows biometrics: COMPLETE, Eligibility: in progress, Background check: in Progress. How long will take before hearing from IRCC again?
I applied on the 27th of January, 2024(2nd time applicant) eligibility review started on the 22nd of February, 2024...medical and biometric has not been updated since I submitted.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by CanadianPR: 12:09am On Feb 25
So far the proof of funds is in place, she is good to go.
I will advise you can start looking out for jobs in canada ahead of time.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sunwintrav: 12:41am On Feb 25
CanadianPR:
So far the proof of funds is in place, she is good to go.
I will advise you can start looking out for jobs in canada ahead of time.

i want to be clear about my application, my wife is studying currently in canada which am the sponsor for her, i am planning to put in my SWOP next week, i have 25m in my balance and have completed my spouse tuition fees.

am i good to go with my application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Showpizzle: 12:42am On Feb 25
Cjnick:
Greetings house.
I just received medical request letter from IRCC for me and my son.
Does it mean PPR will surely come?
congrats in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 4:01am On Feb 25
Send it through webform to them and email them again for confirmation.
Cjnick:

I already did upfront medical. I wonder why they didnā€™t see it. Iā€™m just going to upload it to them.
Someone told me not to bother with uploading it that it comes to them automatically. But now see.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by opessi: 10:13am On Feb 25
opessi:

I applied on the 27th of January, 2024(2nd time applicant) eligibility review started on the 22nd of February, 2024...medical and biometric has not been updated since I submitted.
Since they started the eligibility review, I have been restless... God abeg šŸ˜„.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marykike: 9:20pm On Feb 25
opessi:

Since they started the eligibility review, I have been restless... God abeg šŸ˜„.
I submitted my application on 25th of January too,letā€™s hope and pray for a positive response soonšŸ™šŸ»
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 11:45pm On Feb 25
[Please, which email did use and what was the emphasis of your email?

I sent to many email addresses on Thursday and Friday and didn't get any response yet. October 28th application medical was passed on 1st February. No update since again]

Thank you so much.
Yes i sent them the email. You really tried for me.šŸ™šŸ™[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 12:52am On Feb 26
What are the spouse study documents you provided to them?

AgEcon:
[Please, which email did use and what was the emphasis of your email?

I sent to many email addresses on Thursday and Friday and didn't get any response yet. October 28th application medical was passed on 1st February. No update since again]

Thank you so much.
Yes i sent them the email. You really tried for me.šŸ™šŸ™
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 3:07am On Feb 26
[Fully funded award letter , confirmation of enrollment, official transcript, student id, study permit] What are the spouse study documents you provided to them?

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrobiwills: 3:19am On Feb 26
Yes my passport has been stamped and sent back to me
notoracism:

No.

You?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 7:30am On Feb 26
This a format you can use:

Subject: Urgent: Family Reunification Status Request

Dear Sir/Ma

I hope this email meet you well, I would like to make a request for the current status of my open work permit application submitted on (put date) as I really look forward to reuniting with my husband/wife.

Full name:

Unique Client Identifier (UCI):

Application number:

Date of application:

DOB:

Best wishes.

Send it to one of the emails below and BCC the others.

nrobi-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nairobi@international.gc.ca
nrobiimdocument@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
Idnimmigration@international.gc.ca
abuja-IM-Enquiry@international.gc.ca
abuja@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

AgEcon:
[Fully funded award letter , confirmation of enrollment, official transcript, student id, study permit] What are the spouse study documents you provided to them?

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 12:53pm On Feb 26
Greetings house.
Please someone explain how to send additional documents to already submitted application.
I want to upload my medical result of about 6 pages.
Do I need to reduce the size. I need explanation.
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 1:07pm On Feb 26
Good day guys! After emailing ircc this is response I got from them
Good day and thank you for contacting the Immigration Section.

We are unable to guarantee a timeframe for which a decision will be made on your application.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached, or, if deemed appropriate, to request additional information.

To help facilitate your application when an officer reviews it, please forward one of the following, depending on your situation:

1. LMIA/LMIA-exempt work permits: an updated copy of your letter of offer showing that your employer still intends to hire you.

2. Accompanying spouse of a student: evidence of your spouseā€™s enrollment at an eligible Designated Learning Institution (DLI), and their most recent transcripts.

3. Accompanying spouse of a skilled worker: evidence of your spouseā€™s employment (i.e., letter of offer and paystubs), and a copy of their complete job description.

4. Post Graduate Work Permit Applicants: updated final transcripts from an eligible DLI, and a copy of your degree (if not previously provided)

Note that continually emailing requesting the status of your application will not result in expedited processing.

What should do I do ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 1:09pm On Feb 26
Send them your spouse transcript.
Owanhero123:
Good day guys! After emailing ircc this is response I got from them
Good day and thank you for contacting the Immigration Section.

We are unable to guarantee a timeframe for which a decision will be made on your application.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached, or, if deemed appropriate, to request additional information.

To help facilitate your application when an officer reviews it, please forward one of the following, depending on your situation:

1. LMIA/LMIA-exempt work permits: an updated copy of your letter of offer showing that your employer still intends to hire you.

2. Accompanying spouse of a student: evidence of your spouseā€™s enrollment at an eligible Designated Learning Institution (DLI), and their most recent transcripts.

3. Accompanying spouse of a skilled worker: evidence of your spouseā€™s employment (i.e., letter of offer and paystubs), and a copy of their complete job description.

4. Post Graduate Work Permit Applicants: updated final transcripts from an eligible DLI, and a copy of your degree (if not previously provided)

Note that continually emailing requesting the status of your application will not result in expedited processing.

What should do I do ?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by notoracism: 1:29pm On Feb 26
Mrobiwills:
Yes my passport has been stamped and sent back to me

Same as my husband's own.

It has been stamped.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 2:24pm On Feb 26
Please house is this the response you get when you submit additional document in your application?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 3:00pm On Feb 26
Yes, you will get a confirmation email afterwards.
Cjnick:
Please house is this the response you get when you submit additional document in your application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 3:15pm On Feb 26
ICONEB:
Yes, you will get a confirmation email afterwards.

Okay thank you. How long does the confirmation email takes?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 3:21pm On Feb 26
I replied you up there. Compress with Ilovepdf, send through webform and send them an email for update them
Cjnick:
Greetings house.
Please someone explain how to send additional documents to already submitted application.
I want to upload my medical result of about 6 pages.
Do I need to reduce the size. I need explanation.
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Arctope: 3:28pm On Feb 26
Hello can I submit an application for my wife without her school certificate or statement of result? Will it fly?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 5:57pm On Feb 26
ICONEB:
Send them your spouse transcript.

Thanksā€¦I sent unofficial one. Through my school portal or what do you think?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 7:58pm On Feb 26
Don't forget to add LoA also, absent can lead to refusal because that is where they use to decide your permit duration and DLI information and the course details.

AgEcon:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Owanhero123: 10:59pm On Feb 26
My wife just got denied now
ragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
ā€¢ The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
ā€¢ Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
ā€¢ : You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate that your spouse is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada.

We submitted all my school documents.
Gurus! Help us interpret the first and second reasons I donā€™t understand this people
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 2:51am On Feb 27
I suggest you order your note both paid and free notes in case one is delayed. The notes will tell you what is the exact reason. This reason seem too generic. I ordered my wife's note a month ago. It arrived today, the paid one. Application still ongoing. Eligibility has not started yet but all other seems good but no visa officer comment yet given that eligibility has not been reviewed.

Owanhero123:
ragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
ā€¢ The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
ā€¢ Your proposed length of stay in Canada is inconsistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
ā€¢ : You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate that your spouse is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada.

Gurus! Help us interpret the first and second reasons I donā€™t understand this people
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 7:54am On Feb 27
Good morning people, a quick question please.

So, my spouse is a student and also working part-time, we submitted last year, but she is of the opinion that we add her employment offer letter to the application via webform.
Please is this relevant to the sowp application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 8:10am On Feb 27
Owanhero123:

Sorry about the refusal.
How did you structure your SOP written to express your spouse's intentions? Did you also add your letter of invitation? When is your programme ending?
Which specific school docs did you add to the application?
I believe this is your second refusal, did you get the GCMS notes for the first refusal?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 8:12am On Feb 27
ICONEB:
Good morning people, a quick question please.

So, my spouse is a student and also working part-time, we submitted last year, but she is of the opinion that we add her employment offer letter to the application via webform.
Please is this relevant to the sowp application?

Since you have sorted out the POF, the offer of employment would not be really necessary, her main purpose is to school not to work. So, emphasis should be placed on status as an enrolled student, which I believe you have done.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (387) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: Weā€™re Listening

Viewing this topic: Godsn007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.