Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,406 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802338 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SoteriaMo: 1:04am On Mar 13
Appreciate you!

Olayinkayyyyy:
They didn’t scrap any fee

If you’d want VFS to send your passport to you via courier after it has been stamped,

All you need do is to
1. Pay 23,000 naira to VFS account(you’ll find the details of the payment, account name and account number on their website)

Once you make payment, print the receipt from your bank and add it to the documents in your big envelope before sending the passport in the first place.

Secondly, if you did your biometrics in Lagos and you’re sending to Lagos and you’re like a first timer sort of

You won’t be needing transmission fee

See

You can check VFS website for full information

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 4:45am On Mar 13
Klm too. But sometimes they go through USA. Check flights path to be sure. If Amsterdam is the only stop for klm from Nigeria, then you will not need a transit visa. I think Ethiopia airline too.

Always check the number of stops and flight paths.

Cjnick:

Is Air France the only airline that doesn’t require Transit visa to Canada?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Deejom07: 1:49pm On Mar 13
Congratulations on your success!

Pls may I know the procedure of submitting passport to vfs and amount to be paid for SOWP?

Thanks

ICONEB:
I have come to return all glory to God Almighty and to say a very big thank you to everyone on this group for all the important information being disseminated here and all the timely responses and corrections. God bless you

Upfront Medical: Nov 27
Submitted: Dec 27
Biometrics: Jan 2
Profile update and Ppr: Feb 28
Passport submitted: March 6
Passport received: March 8 G!!! TIMS cool
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 7:24pm On Mar 13
And the new policy does not apply to existing students before September 2024.

Policy takes effect for any college study permit gotten after September 2024, their spouse can only apply for visit not open work. Only undergraduates of specialized profession like law and medicine (that pays high fees) will be entitled along Masters holders.

These things are also likely to change as it affects them. Should there be a 2nd covid or disaster, they will open it again. The west knows how to use real time data to take decisions in there interest while we just be at the receiving end of their decisions.

Olayinkayyyyy:
I’m sorry but you shouldn’t be asking this question in march na🥺

The policy will come into effect in September

You should be working on the application or planning to send it so as to buy enough time for your family before September.

It’s not late

Please start ASAP

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 7:47pm On Mar 13
God has done it!!!

I submitted my application 4th of February
Upfront 29th of January
Biometric 6th of February
Original passport request 13th of March

All Glory be to God.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 7:53pm On Mar 13
evansky:
God has done it!!!

I submitted my application 4th of February
Upfront 29th of January
Biometric 6th of February
Original passport request 13th of March

All Glory be to God.

Congratulations
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 8:01pm On Mar 13
Thank you so much?
How can I submit my passport via DHL? I am neither in Lagos nor Abuja. I need advice.

Bobomaigida:

Congratulations
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jayciekey: 8:54pm On Mar 13
Is there anyone who applied for SOWP while the student is still in Nigeria? Please lets know documents you submitted, if you paid full tuition and if they requested for full tuition receipt or POF for the spouse + the study applicant
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 9:40pm On Mar 13
Me, my spouse is still in Nigeria. I submitted her stamped visa page, letter of introduction, study permit approval letter, Enrollment letter, first semester tuition fee receipt and her birth certificate. You need a strong SOP and POF for primary applicant and me.

jayciekey:
Is there anyone who applied for SOWP while the student is still in Nigeria? Please lets know documents you submitted, if you paid full tuition and if they requested for full tuition receipt or POF for the spouse + the study applicant

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jayciekey: 10:27pm On Mar 13
evansky:
Me, my spouse is still in Nigeria. I submitted her stamped visa page, letter of introduction, study permit approval letter, Enrollment letter, first semester tuition fee receipt and her birth certificate. You need a strong SOP and POF for primary applicant and me.

Please can I message you privately?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by samsamme: 12:11am On Mar 14
Godsn007:
Congratulations!
Please did you send webforms after you reapplied?

Yes, I sent them web form every week, and they keep responding, I did thesame during my first application and it seems to work, on both application I noticed that medical got updated 24hours after I resent them our e-medical sheet on both application.

Also, I resent our e-medical sheet after two weeks and medical passed the next day, I have a new passport which I intentional omitted to allow me send it as a web form, at another time I sent them my offer letter and proof of fund with work document, at the end of each month I sent them my payslip as updated “Payslip”.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Godsn007: 2:31am On Mar 14
So good! What about emails, did you send emails right after your second application?

samsamme:
Yes, I sent them web form every week, and they keep responding, I did thesame during my first application and it seems to work, on both application I noticed that medical got updated 24hours after I resent them our e-medical sheet on both application.

Also, I resent our e-medical sheet after two weeks and medical passed the next day, I have a new passport which I intentional omitted to allow me send it as a web form, at another time I sent them my offer letter and proof of fund with work document, at the end of each month I sent them my payslip as updated “Payslip”.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 9:31am On Mar 14
evansky:
Thank you so much?
How can I submit my passport via DHL? I am neither in Lagos nor Abuja. I need advice.

They will need your PPR letter.
Copy of your bio data page.
Payment receipt if you are sending to VAC different from where you did biometrics.
Consent letter.
Original passport
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 9:47am On Mar 14
I am sending it to Lagos where I did my Biometrics. Is there any fee I am paying or just the DHL fee?

Bobomaigida:

They will need your PPR letter.
Copy of your bio data page.
Payment receipt if you are sending to VAC different from where you did biometrics.
Consent letter.
Original passport

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 2:00pm On Mar 14
evansky:
I am sending it to Lagos where I did my Biometrics. Is there any fee I am paying or just the DHL fee?

No fees apart from the DHL fee.

However, include your biometric slip that was given to you when you did the transfer.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 2:11pm On Mar 14
Did you send those emails for you to get the ppr? What did you do differently , please?

Cjnick:

Thank you bro.
You have been very helpful.
I want to ask you something. How do I contact you privately?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Amo12345: 3:47pm On Mar 14
Hello beautiful people, pls my spouse approved a study permit going for post graduate diploma, pls. Can I still apply for spousal work permit. I would appreciate your input
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 5:21pm On Mar 14
Greetings.
Which Airline is cheaper to travel to Canada.
Without Transit visa.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 6:18pm On Mar 14
Amo12345:
Hello beautiful people, pls my spouse approved a study permit going for post graduate diploma, pls. Can I still apply for spousal work permit. I would appreciate your input

Yes you can apply now. The "coming weeks" they said would signify a change is almost upon us.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 10:45pm On Mar 14
Ethiopian Airline
Cjnick:
Greetings.
Which Airline is cheaper to travel to Canada.
Without Transit visa.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 10:47pm On Mar 14
When did you apply? The emails for sure help
AgEcon:
Did you send those emails for you to get the ppr? What did you do differently , please?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Davedavy: 10:58pm On Mar 14
Olayinkayyyyy:
I’m sorry but you shouldn’t be asking this question in march na🥺

The policy will come into effect in September

You should be working on the application or planning to send it so as to buy enough time for your family before September.

It’s not late

Please start ASAP

Could you provide a source for the information stating that the changes to open work permits for spouses of international students will start in September? Based on my understanding and the document available on the official website ,

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2024/01/canada-to-stabilize-growth-and-decrease-number-of-new-international-student-permits-issued-to-approximately-360000-for-2024.html

it simply mentions that "In the weeks ahead, open work permits will only be available to spouses of international students in master’s and doctoral programs," implying that the change can occur at any time following the publication of the document but has not yet begun as of today. The September deadline appears to be related to changes in the post-graduation work permit upon graduation and the eligibility for graduates of master’s degree programs to apply for a 3-year work permit. If there's a specific document that mentions September as the cutoff for the spouse open work permit for international students, I'd appreciate it if you could share it. I recently assisted someone in obtaining a visa and would like to know when they should plan to come to Canada. Regards.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yomzy08: 10:59pm On Mar 14
Good day all,
please I need someone in the house to respond
I got a job with a positive LMIA and it's the company that applied for the work permit on my behalf, coz the company hire an immigration lawyer based on Canada for the application process, though the application was submitted on February 27, please how long will it take for decision to be made and what is the success rate of being approved, so I can know how to make future plans about my life
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 11:10pm On Mar 14
How long does passport stay in VSF office?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 11:51pm On Mar 14
October 28. Waiting for eligibility.

Sent series of emails but Nairobi just sends back generic emails.

Ogbigog:
When did you apply? The emails for sure help
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 11:56pm On Mar 14
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html Processing time for work visa remains 12weeks from Nigeria. If your application was done correctly and all the necessary documents submitted then you should plan positively.
Yomzy08:
Good day all,
please I need someone in the house to respond
I got a job with a positive LMIA and it's the company that applied for the work permit on my behalf, coz the company hire an immigration lawyer based on Canada for the application process, though the application was submitted on February 27, please how long will it take for decision to be made and what is the success rate of being approved, so I can know how to make future plans about my life
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by opessi: 1:09am On Mar 15
Hello House, is it possible to change Narrative in ones Application after 2 refusal..someone who has a business, now shows she is working somewhere else as a staff, collecting monthly salary with another account different from what was submitted before
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jeboy(m): 1:41am On Mar 15
Red flag to refuse you on misrepresentation grounds and then lack of purpose. It could be grave to as much as a ban.

You have to ensure your storyline leads into another without refuting themselves.

opessi:
Hello House, is it possible to change Narrative in ones Application after 2 refusal..someone who has a business, now shows she is working somewhere else as a staff, collecting monthly salary with another account different from what was submitted before
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yomzy08: 1:52am On Mar 15
Ogbigog:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html Processing time for work visa remains 12weeks from Nigeria. If your application was done correctly and all the necessary documents submitted then you should plan positively.
Thanks, but the immigration lawyer refused to share any update with me, coz I don't get it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 3:16am On Mar 15
I dropped this earlier in the week. Try to read previous messages after your last message so you won’t miss anything that would be helpful to your application. There is every possibility your application is not with Nairobi but another visa processing center.
AgEcon:
October 28. Waiting for eligibility.

Sent series of emails but Nairobi just sends back generic emails.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 3:18am On Mar 15
Is this immigration lawyer in Nigeria or Canada. It’s best you contact the company that hired you and complain to them.
Yomzy08:

Thanks, but the immigration lawyer refused to share any update with me, coz I don't get it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 4:20am On Mar 15
Lol. Thank you. I read messages here like anything. I have used this approach before you wrote about it here. I used your template yesterday. Rroc has not responded. All of them sent back automated response, only Nairobi replied later that it is in queue for processing bla bla bla as they always do.

Yes, primary center is RROC according to the GCMS note.

Ogbigog:

I dropped this earlier in the week. Try to read previous messages after your last message so you won’t miss anything that would be helpful to your application. There is every possibility your application is not with Nairobi but another visa processing center.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.