Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,216 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804505 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 10:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
Yeah
Samchi2014:
Chrisbanko have you linked your application now? What did your background says
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mideyola: 4:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
ChrisBanksO:
Yeah

Please how long did it take for you to get ur application linked. My hubby submitted since two weeks ago and it’s been showing “no application found”.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
2 months
mideyola:

Please how long did it take for you to get ur application linked. My hubby submitted since two weeks ago and it’s been showing “no application found”.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mideyola: 7:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
ChrisBanksO:
2 months

Wow...thanks for the response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 9:28am On Mar 26, 2018
boss, any news?
illiasnwm:

Nothing yet oo... I don check tire.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by illiasnwm: 8:39pm On Mar 29, 2018
croyance:
boss, any news?

Nothing oo I tire
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2018
its well boss man. Are you Canada now? will be traveling in soon..
illiasnwm:

Nothing oo I tire
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by illiasnwm: 10:42pm On Mar 29, 2018
croyance:
its well boss man. Are you Canada now? will be traveling in soon..

Yes .. I’ve been here for about 2 years..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 12:45am On Mar 30, 2018
13 weeks for processing. Fair enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 3:05am On Mar 30, 2018
Got my gcms note..
Apparently the vo is saying because of my occupation I can not work immidiately on arrival, that I have no western travel and my kids too have no western travel, that funds are modest, that we should note that the current low income cut off is 44,000$ for a family of 4 in Canada, and that flight ticket for 3 is 6000$ and that when you remove flight ticket from our 18000$ there would be dramatic reduction in our resources. He also spoke about a recent lumpsum without proper explanation.

Meanwhile from the letter I got from vfs they thicked
Travel history
Lenght of proposed stay
Purpose of visit
Personal asset and financial status

Please elders in the house I need your help as to how to tackle this. Travel history and financial status.
I have been to 3 African countries.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Desdel3: 3:53pm On Mar 30, 2018
Jibe20:
My post was hidden by spambot earlier. This is the content of the refusal letter i got from CIC regarding my SOWP.

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada as a live-in caregiver. After careful review of your work permit application
and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your
application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• - length of stay
- the fact that your daughter will be missing one to two months of school.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation
meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1639
Accra
Ghana
Application Enquiry

Hi Jibe 20 or anybody who got rejected by cic as regards obtaining a work permit as a caregiver,
... would you kindly let me know how you dealt with the rejection by CIC?
like the letter said you can reapply...did you reapply and did you get the work permit to work as a caregiver in Canada?

I could need some help with how to handle interviews , having gotten the LMIA from the employer and and all necessary documentation was included in the application to cic, and during the first interview the high commissioner took off by asking me question as regards childhood diseases in canada and how to handle them as a caregiver( which was not what I was expecting) , this and many more questions were asked and that application was rejected...
Please can someone with experience, who has gone through this (or knows someone who has gone through) caregiver route successfully engage me?Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 10:16am On Mar 31, 2018
wow wow wow.. that is long bro. i pray they get by the special grace of God...
illiasnwm:

Yes .. I’ve been here for about 2 years..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Samchi2014: 10:23am On Mar 31, 2018
ChrisBanksO did you hear anything from Cic or any latest info? Please reply
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
Nothing yet bro
Samchi2014:
ChrisBanksO did you hear anything from Cic or any latest info? Please reply

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by illiasnwm: 4:08pm On Mar 31, 2018
croyance:
wow wow wow.. that is long bro. i pray they get by the special grace of God...

Amen. I haven’t spent up to 2 weeks. With my daughter since she was born.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 4:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
Honestly my brother its not easy, I am seriously feeling it now without living yet, My wife is pregnant and to deliver very soon.
by the special grace of God it will be done and it shall be granted by the special grace of God. I have some questions bro?
illiasnwm:

Amen. I haven’t spent up to 2 weeks. With my daughter since she was born.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by illiasnwm: 6:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
croyance:
Honestly my brother its not easy, I am seriously feeling it now without living yet, My wife is pregnant and to deliver very soon.
by the special grace of God it will be done and it shall be granted by the special grace of God. I have some questions bro?

Sure. Just email me
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by opia12345: 3:56am On Apr 02, 2018
Is there any post for spousal sponsor for Permanent Resident in Canada , pls not spousal work permit but Spousal sponsor @justwise ..
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2018
opia12345:
Is there any post for spousal sponsor for Permanent Resident in Canada , pls not spousal work permit but Spousal sponsor @justwise ..

Visit the thread for FSW and ask there
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2018
[quote author=Desdel3 post=66290004]

Hi Jibe 20 or anybody who got rejected by cic as regards obtaining a work permit as a caregiver,
... would you kindly let me know how you dealt with the rejection by CIC?
like the letter said you can reapply...did you reapply and did you get the work permit to work as a caregiver in Canada?

This is me. What i applied for was Open Work Permit, how the refusal letter stated i applied for a live n caregiver was a mix up at thier own end. I later applied for gcms notes and discovered visa officer said the time on spouse's study permit wasn't long enough to grant an OWP. I've moved on to Express Entry. Is Nigeria/ Nigerians eligible to apply for live in caregiver?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Samchi2014: 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
@Flaj am sorry about the refusal, When precisely did you submit your application Online or Paper route quote author=Flaj post=66377712][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tomiade1(m): 10:52am On Apr 03, 2018
Good day House, what is the possibility of getting my wife's SOWP approved with my approved TRV. I heard i would need my study permit (which would be issued at the point of entry) and a letterof enrolment from my school stating information about me and my course. But from my observation from comments here, i did not see any mention of these documents.

Thanks in Advance!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
Samchi2014:
@Flaj am sorry about the refusal, When precisely did you submit your application Online or Paper route quote author=Flaj post=66377712]

Online application. Submitted towards the end March 2017, refused in July.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 2neeyoo(m): 7:28pm On Apr 04, 2018
Please how did you do it.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 2:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
This place is really dry.........no updates or SOWP applicants have been abandoned by CIC?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anonymous0611: 2:23pm On Apr 05, 2018
Hello, my son and I were asked to submit our passport today but we haven’t done medical. Anyone been in our shoes before? Pls need to know what to expect.
Final decision : your application has been approved. Please submit your passport

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Samchi2014: 3:39pm On Apr 05, 2018
Congrats bro, When did you submit your application ?? uote author=Anonymous0611 post=66455119]Hello, my son and I were asked to submit our passport today but we haven’t done medical. Anyone been in our shoes before? Pls need to know what to expect.
Final decision : your application has been approved. Please submit your passport [/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 5:58pm On Apr 05, 2018
Congratulations.

this is another dimension ooo. My wife has done medical for the past 6weeks now and updated as passed but no Passport request yet. Please when did you apply and submit your application?
Anonymous0611:
Hello, my son and I were asked to submit our passport today but we haven’t done medical. Anyone been in our shoes before? Pls need to know what to expect.
Final decision : your application has been approved. Please submit your passport
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anonymous0611: 10:01pm On Apr 05, 2018
We submitted 1st week in Feb, 9th to be precise
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 10:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
wow. submitted january 20th. that is good
Anonymous0611:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 10:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
Did you apply for SOWP?
croyance:
wow. submitted january 20th. that is good
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2018
Anonymous0611:

Share your timeline and docs please. Online or paper?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.