Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803258 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 9:05pm On Aug 15, 2018
StudentsNG:
Medical passed today. We keep hopes alive!
Congrats my brother. One step more to go. Passport request in Jesus name. My family got their passports today o. The application was treated in UK. Thanks to everyone.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
Congrats brother

quote author=StudentsNG post=70299295]Medical passed today. We keep hopes alive![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by KlausMike(m): 3:30am On Aug 16, 2018
Bab5:
Good morning, from my little knowledge, there isn't an upload option for proof of funds/bank statement unlike other visa application......but I think at the tail end there is an option of letter of explanation/client information under other documents section, you can upload what ever you deem fit that will support your document in there.

Okay. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by remaj: 1:50pm On Aug 16, 2018
Good afternoon all
Please I need help! Am self employed have a supermarket store with average sale daily but I don't have CAC registration but hubby has 1 but hasn't paid tax in a while, which paying tax will cost alot he has a study visa for a year program, wish to join him
We have been refused before with hubby's application before given in canada reasons for my refusal:
Travel history
Purpose of visit
Hubby didn't get it right with the process but I want to apply through SOWP pls how can I go about my application with 2 kids....
We have landed properties with buildings and tenant
Please help a sister
How much should I have in account and hubby too
Please HELP!
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 8:00pm On Aug 16, 2018
Hello remaj. Sorry I cant give enough details about your request but am very sure you will get enough information on what you need if you can take time to go through the page very well or randomly. you will see same refusal case like yours and how it was tackled and also list of documents you required. Cheers
remaj:
Good afternoon all
Please I need help! Am self employed have a supermarket store with average sale daily but I don't have CAC registration but hubby has 1 but hasn't paid tax in a while, which paying tax will cost alot he has a study visa for a year program, wish to join him
We have been refused before with hubby's application before given in canada reasons for my refusal:
Travel history
Purpose of visit
Hubby didn't get it right with the process but I want to apply through SOWP pls how can I go about my application with 2 kids....
We have landed properties with buildings and tenant
Please help a sister
How much should I have in account and hubby too
Please HELP!
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by remaj: 10:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2018
Any News so far?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by remaj: 10:49pm On Aug 22, 2018
Good evening
@wealth360 pls can I apply for sowp for myself now and use my kids as home tie
What's your advice will apply for them once mine is approved
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 11:48pm On Aug 22, 2018
I dont get you? where is your spouse? If your spouse is here in Canada as a student or under PGWP, why will you want to leave your kids behind? It does not make sense. my thought.
remaj:
Good evening
@wealth360 pls can I apply for sowp for myself now and use my kids as home tie
What's your advice will apply for them once mine is approved
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by remaj: 9:56am On Aug 23, 2018
Spouse is in canada or student permit someone advised me to summit my application first if granted I can use mine and hubby information to apply for the kids immediately not leaving them behind
As a guru that was why I asked for your opinion
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2018
remaj:
Spouse is in canada or student permit someone advised me to summit my application first if granted I can use mine and hubby information to apply for the kids immediately not leaving them behind
Thanks

By law: You are permitted to apply (together) with your kids to join your husband (a Full Time Graduate Student in any approved Canadian Post-Secondary Institution). Applying alone and leaving kids behind doesn't make sense, because one of the criteria for granting SOWP is that you want to REUNITE your family. Putting your kids out of the equation might suggest you are pulling some strings. And what if you got approved and apply for the kids and they get refused (God forbid)? My advise is to gather documents required, find ways to make an SOP that create ties back home. I believe that once everything is done right and correct, one can only get the visa - even though it may take time; delay is not denial. Just do what is RIGHT and let God handle the rest.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2018
I guess @StudentsNG has said it all. Apply for everyone.
remaj:
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by BE811APP: 5:27pm On Aug 23, 2018
Hi Guys,

Sorry for derailing this tread..

Please what is the cost of submitting paper based tourist/visiting visa?

Thanks in anticipation!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 5:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
So my wife got approval yesterday, and just this morning; my daughter got approval too. Both will submit passport tomorrow. God alone be praised. This is second application. I will post documents submitted and our story shortly. Thanks to all of you for the information you graciously share here. They made the difference in all of the journey through this!

Thank you guys and may God perfect everyone's story SOONEST in Jesus name!

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by remaj: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2018
Thank you so much
Will apply together
Pls share your document and story
We are waiting....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by remaj: 7:38pm On Aug 23, 2018
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 8:11pm On Aug 23, 2018
StudentsNG:
So my wife got approval yesterday, and just this morning; my daughter got approval too. Both will submit passport tomorrow. God alone be praised. This is second application. I will post documents submitted and our story shortly. Thanks to all of you for the information you graciously share here. They made the difference in all of the journey through this!

Thank you guys and may God perfect everyone's story SOONEST in Jesus name!

Congrats my brother. It is the Lord's doing and marvelous in our eyes. Pls share your timeline
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 8:57pm On Aug 23, 2018
Thanks bro. It's not been easy!
I'll share timelines right away.

Ajayi4:

Congrats my brother. It is the Lord's doing and marvelous in our eyes. Pls share your timeline
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 9:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
HERE'S OUR TIMELINE/DETAILS.

My wife's first application was refused based on:

1. No personal finance (we did not add her statement of account).
2. No home ties.
3. Travel experience.
4. Purpose of visit.
5. They also said they are not sure we were married.
6. Said the husband (myself) did not include transcript to show that I am enrolled full time.

That application was submitted on June 17, 2017 and refused on September 29, 2017 - NO MEDICAL (Paper application, Abuja).

*** At this time, my wife was few months pregant and we mentioned that in her SOP. So I guess they thought she was coming here to give birth.

We waited for 6 Months+ for my wife to deliver. And re-applied April 2018 after baby clocked 3 months.

TIMELINES:

Submitted Online: April 30th.
Biometrics: May 3rd.
Medical Request: August 13th
Medical Done: August 14th.
Medical Passed: August 16th.
Wife's Passport Request: August 22nd.
Baby's Passport Request: August 23rd.

A. IDENTITY DOCUMENTS

- Cover Letter (statement of purpose)
- Introduction Letter from Employer
- Passport Data Pages (with Dubai Stamp)
- Marriage Docs - Certificates, Affidavit of change of name.
- Courtship/Marriage/Pregancy/Family Photos.
- Letter of Local Government Identification (Wifey & I are from same LGA - to buttress how we met).
- Dubai Trip Flight Tickets, Hotel Booking, Visas (our honeymoon).
- Previous Application Refusal (GCM Note).

*We also added my wife's 2nd account to show monies I sent to her long before we got married...that account stil bear her maiden name. Just to prove our relationship before marriage.

B. SPOUSE STUDENT STATUS

- Letter of Enrollment
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Study Permit
- Co-op Work Permit
- Health Insurance & School ID Card
- 8 Months Internship Contract with Government Ministry (June - Jan)
- Internship funding letter/offer
- Invitation Letter & proof that I can accommodate them.
- Tenancy Agreement - to show I have enough space.
- Invitation Letter from my School (Int'l Student office).

C. PROOF OF FUNDS

- Wife's 6 months statement - salary account (N1.5M Balance)
- My 6 months Canadian Bank Statement (Balance: $35,659CAD).
- My 6 months Nigerian Bank Statement (GTB DOM: Balance: $37,000+USD).
- My Internship Funding Contract ($25,000CAD for 8 months).
- Explanation of source of funds
- Fund Transfer telex copies (to show how I send myself money from naija account - about 5 last slips that I could find.

D. HOME TIES IN NIGERIA

- Joint company with my wife (70/30 share split)
- My landed properties (3 different lands)
- My other two companies' CAC certificates (registered in 2014)
- Our family photo during our wedding to show we have a family to return to after our stay - a great asset).

OTHER THINGS

- We made sure her SOP covered all the things pointed out in the GCM note.
- I contacted the MP in my area for help, his office called and emailed CIC countless times on my behalf. This was more potent because I currently work with a Government Ministry.
- And then lots of wait and hope in God.

Those are the much I can recall about our application. We had to add as much as we can to prove every doubt they raised in the first application. Thanks guys for all your stories and advise here. They were of great help in compiling all the documents we submitted. I wish all of us success. God will do it for us all SOON!

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 11:53pm On Aug 23, 2018
God be praised
StudentsNG:
HERE'S OUR TIMELINE/DETAILS.

My wife's first application was refused based on:

1. No personal finance (we did not add her statement of account).
2. No home ties.
3. Travel experience.
4. Purpose of visit.
5. They also said they are not sure we were married.
6. Said the husband (myself) did not include transcript to show that I am enrolled full time.

That application was submitted on June 17, 2017 and refused on September 29, 2017 - NO MEDICAL (Paper application, Abuja).

*** At this time, my wife was few months pregant and we mentioned that in her SOP. So I guess they thought she was coming here to give birth.

We waited for 6 Months+ for my wife to deliver. And re-applied April 2018 after baby clocked 3 months.

TIMELINES:

Submitted Online: April 30th.
Biometrics: May 3rd.
Medical Request: August 13th
Medical Done: August 14th.
Medical Passed: August 16th.
Wife's Passport Request: August 22nd.
Baby's Passport Request: August 23rd.

A. IDENTITY DOCUMENTS

- Cover Letter (statement of purpose)
- Introduction Letter from Employer
- Passport Data Pages (with Dubai Stamp)
- Marriage Docs - Certificates, Affidavit of change of name.
- Courtship/Marriage/Pregancy/Family Photos.
- Letter of Local Government Identification (Wifey & I are from same LGA - to buttress how we met).
- Dubai Trip Flight Tickets, Hotel Booking, Visas (our honeymoon).
- Previous Application Refusal (GCM Note).

*We also added my wife's 2nd account to show monies I sent to her long before we got married...that account stil bear her maiden name. Just to prove our relationship before marriage.

B. SPOUSE STUDENT STATUS

- Letter of Enrollment
- Official Academic Transcripts
- Study Permit
- Co-op Work Permit
- Health Insurance & School ID Card
- 8 Months Internship Contract with Government Ministry (June - Jan)
- Internship funding letter/offer
- Invitation Letter & proof that I can accommodate them.
- Tenancy Agreement - to show I have enough space.
- Invitation Letter from my School (Int'l Student office).

C. PROOF OF FUNDS

- Wife's 6 months statement - salary account (N1.5M Balance)
- My 6 months Canadian Bank Statement (Balance: $35,659CAD).
- My 6 months Nigerian Bank Statement (GTB DOM: Balance: $37,000+USD).
- My Internship Funding Contract ($25,000CAD for 8 months).
- Explanation of source of funds
- Fund Transfer telex copies (to show how I send myself money from naija account - about 5 last slips that I could find.

D. HOME TIES IN NIGERIA

- Joint company with my wife (70/30 share split)
- My landed properties (3 different lands)
- My other two companies' CAC certificates (registered in 2014)
- Our family photo during our wedding to show we have a family to return to after our stay - a great asset).

OTHER THINGS

- We made sure her SOP covered all the things pointed out in the GCM note.
- I contacted the MP in my area for help, his office called and emailed CIC countless times on my behalf. This was more potent because I currently work with a Government Ministry.
- And then lots of wait and hope in God.

Those are the much I can recall about our application. We had to add as much as we can to prove every doubt they raised in the first application. Thanks guys for all your stories and advise here. They were of great help in compiling all the documents we submitted. I wish all of us success. God will do it for us all SOON!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aghatise: 11:41am On Aug 24, 2018
Wife SOWP was submitted Aug 1 via paper route with upfront medical. Medical passed yesterday and eligibility is being reviewed; is this a good sign that we will hear from cic soon.... anyone with experience on this?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2018
SOWP Application Timeline 2018

1.Ami05: Submitted Feb 25, Upfront medical, Medical passed March 25, Passport request/Approval June 12
2.bode777: Submitted March 15th, medical request June 13th, Medical passedJune 22nd, Passport Request Aug 13th
3.Bab5: Application Submitted April 3rd, Biometric 6th, Upfront medical August, Medical passed [/b]Sept 15th, [b]Eligibility review Oct 16th, Passport Request Nov 19th, 2018
4.Jimmychuks2018: Application Submitted April 19th, Upfront medical, Passport Request July 24/Approved August 02
5.StudentsNG: Application Submitted April 30th.medical request August 13th, Passport request/Approval August 22nd
6.Wealth360: Application Submitted May 15th, Upfront medical, Medical passed June 15th
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:25pm On Aug 24, 2018
@Bab5 where are you self? Any update on your application? We bless God that so far so good, the SOWP hopeful list is getting approval despite the timeline delays. If you have submitted your SOWP, and wish to update the house about it, kindly drop your timeline here so it can be added to the list. I wish everyone solid approval in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:29pm On Aug 24, 2018
that was so fast anyways, most times its very fast especially when the host or the student is going for PHD program, Its a good sign that eligibility review has started in less than a month, so you should be expecting a reply from them soon if your application is good. I wish you God's speed and positive reply soon. Cheers
Aghatise:
Wife SOWP was submitted Aug 1 via paper route with upfront medical. Medical passed yesterday and eligibility is being reviewed; is this a good sign that we will hear from cic soon.... anyone with experience on this?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aghatise: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2018
Thanks for d best wishes and insight...yes I am going for PhD.... we keep trusting God. Dem don dey review your eligibility?

wealth360:
that was so fast anyways, most times its very fast especially when the host or the student is going for PHD program, Its a good sign that eligibility review has started in less than a month, so you should be expecting a reply from them soon if your application is good. I wish you God's speed and positive reply soon. Cheers
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2018
Not yet oooooo. still waiting Bro.
Aghatise:
Thanks for d best wishes and insight...yes I am going for PhD.... we keep trusting God. Dem don dey review your eligibility?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 1:19am On Aug 25, 2018
Nothing so far..wondering what's happening. No update since April 3rd. Sent several emails....all the reply was its processing. lipsrsealed

wealth360:
@Bab5 where are you self? Any update on your application? We bless God that so far so good, the SOWP hopeful list is getting approval despite the timeline delays. If you have submitted your SOWP, and wish to update the house about it, kindly drop your timeline here so it can be added to the list. I wish everyone solid approval in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 7:22am On Aug 25, 2018
sometimes when its like this and taking too long shows a positive outcome. lets keep hoping on only God.
Bab5:
Nothing so far..wondering what's happening. No update since April 3rd. Sent several emails....all the reply was its processing. lipsrsealed

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aghatise: 10:57am On Aug 25, 2018
God will do it for all of us waiting ; it will end in praise.

wealth360:
Not yet oooooo. still waiting Bro.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 2:00pm On Aug 25, 2018
Brother I suggest you email London by Monday.

quote author=wealth360 post=70575114]Not yet oooooo. still waiting Bro.[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 5:39pm On Aug 25, 2018
wealth360:
sometimes when its like this and taking too long shows a positive outcome. lets keep hoping on only God.

This is true. It’s just a matter of time.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2018
I did that on monday. I even copied Lagos office and I got an automated message from London stating that they have received it. No response yet. But Lagos office also replied that the application is on active review blablabla....which I know it was a generic message too because same message was sent to a friend too. so we are hoping on God.
Jimmychuks2018:
Brother I suggest you email London by Monday.

quote author=wealth360 post=70575114]Not yet oooooo. still waiting Bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.