Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (801738 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aghatise: 6:36pm On Aug 07, 2018
I received my study visa 2 weeks ago and due to resume in September. My wife and daughter applied for SOWP and trv last week (paper route) . Please do I link both account separately or just my wife to see both status? Appreciate your guidance . Also, how feasible is it being granted prior to leaving Nigeria - I have not arrived Canada yet but have got study visa approved for studies .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bode777(m): 6:55pm On Aug 07, 2018
bode777:
SOWP Application - March 15th, 2018
Medical Request - June 13th, 2018
Medical Passed- June 22nd, 2018
Application still on Eligibility and Background Check.
Case Specific Enquiry Submitted, No Response yet. God help us all.
It will surely end in Praise in Jesus Name. What do you advise my people?

20weeks Now.

My People, I'm Worried oh. Its 6 weeks after Medical passed and nothing yet. No response on the case specific inquiry. I thought they do not take time again after medical request and medical passed.
What do suggest my people?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 8:19pm On Aug 07, 2018
Maybe you should give them till this weekend again. if no response then you gats send them email to the various Visa processing offices.But am very sure a little patience will do actually. you have waited for 20weeks, then remove mind there and do other things my brother. It will surely come since they invited you for medicals, am certain
bode777:

My People, I'm Worried oh. Its 6 weeks after Medical passed and nothing yet. No response on the case specific inquiry. I thought they do not take time again after medical request and medical passed.
What do suggest my people?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2018
From what I gathered so far....looks like spouses of students are top priorities to CIC. Spouses of workers are d ones waiting without response. This life
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 10:27pm On Aug 07, 2018
Aghatise:
I received my study visa 2 weeks ago and due to resume in September. My wife and daughter applied for SOWP and trv last week (paper route) . Please do I link both account separately or just my wife to see both status? Appreciate your guidance . Also, how feasible is it being granted prior to leaving Nigeria - I have not arrived Canada yet but have got study visa approved for studies .

Congrats on your study permit. I think you should link your wife's application - which is considered the principal application. Your daughter's application is dependent on that. There's nothing wrong with linking both, but it is better to keep an eye on the main application - your wife's. All the best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Pheisharah:
From what I gathered so far....looks like spouses of students are top priorities to CIC. Spouses of workers are d ones waiting without response. This life

I am not sure. I think it depends on where the application is being processed. My wife's (and baby) application is 13 weeks+ and no medical call or feedback whatsoever. Yet I am a student. I also know a couple other students on this thread waiting for feedback. Let's keep hopes alive in any case.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yinkarolie: 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2018
Congratulations
Jimmychuks2018:
Update! Got my passport today with Canada visa. I return all glory to God! My kids passport still in high commission! Submitted separately because their passport request came before mine. It will end in praise for everyone of us.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yinkarolie: 11:29pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hello, I also got my study visa last month, however I was told that it's better to apply for spousal visa when you get to Canada. Plz what are document you submitted and how do someone need to have for family of 3.
Thanks
Aghatise:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yinkarolie: 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2018
Congratulations ajayi, plz can you share your documents, I am interested in how much someone need to have in account.
Thanks
Ajayi4:
Hello everybody on the thread. I am a silent reader on this thread, and I appreciate the contributions of you guys. I give all glory to God for ensuring the approval of wife application and those of my four children this morning. This is the second application. The first one was rejected last year based on insufficient funds. This is the second application. I am a Masters student at MUN.
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23
Biometrics: May 25
Call for Medical: July 31
Medical Done: August 3
Medical Passed: August 3
Passport Request: August 6

I want to beg you guys to be patient till tomorrow to share my documents. I am very busy today. I pray for success of everyone that applied before and after my family applications in Jesus name.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 4:46am On Aug 08, 2018
Got the correspondence letter today as well. Still my children's international passport is still been held in the high commission probably because of the medical, I went to children's practice last Monday and they said I should come on Thursday. I went to vfs today to collect my children's passport, still no show. Please guys am having a mix feeling here. Will share my documents soon.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 2:26pm On Aug 08, 2018
[quote author=Ajayi4 post=70038435]Hello everybody on the thread. I am a silent reader on this thread, and I appreciate the contributions of you guys. I give all glory to God for ensuring the approval of wife application and those of my four children this morning. This is the second application. The first one was rejected last year based on insufficient funds. This is the second application. I am a Masters student at MUN.
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23

I want to beg you guys to be patient till tomorrow to share my documents. I am very busy today. I pray for success of everyone that applied before and after my family applications in Jesus name.

As promised ealier, below are the documents submitted:
MY DOCUMENTS
Passport data page
Study permit
Visa page
Admission letter
Funding letter from school
Transcript
Marriage certificate
Wedding pixs
Wife's pix
Family pix( Six of us together)
My pix with the children when I went home in March
HOD and supervisor's letter
My Bsc certificate ( to prove my high CGPA)
UniIbadan part time employment letters
Fulbright certificate ( was a US Fulbright scholar at FSU in 2008/2009 academic session
Fulbright workshop, conferences, seminar certificates
Cross Creek letter ( also taught at a high school in the US)
Reference letter from a professor in FSU, United States
Reference letter from another professor from FSU, United States
My US Visa Page
Letter of employment at an International school in Mowe( former job)
Confirmation of employment as a journalist in a National newspaper in Nigeria(the job I had before coming to Canada)
Introduction letter from the newspaper's company
Uncle ( same surname letter supporting my study two years ago
Uncle in-law letter supporting my study two years ago
Mother in-law letter confirming sponsorship of my family ( put 14 million in my wife's account)
My Scotiabank account statement (about $15 thousand dollars)
My pay stub from MUN
Enrollment letter
Letter from my landlord that I am paying my rent
Pension from my former job in Naija

MY WIFE'S DOCUMENTS
Account Statement ( showing N28 million balance)
Birth certificate
Passport data page
Change of Name
Mother's biodata page
Her family members' biodata pages (six) showing home ties
My Uncle's biodata page and his letter of confirmation that he dropped 5 million to her account
Her uncle biodata page and letter he also dropped 3.5 million into her account
Letter of introduction from my professor in UI that I would be offered employment as a lecturer when I finish my study ( home tie)
Landed property documents
Her Bsc certificate
NYSC exemption letter
Appointment letter from her teaching job
WAEC certificate
Letter of Introduction from work
ID Card from work
CV
Another landed property (aches of land belonging to her and her mother who is resident in UK)
Her pix in the farm ( she also farms on the landed property
Soap making pixs ( she teaches Chemistry and they produce soaps in school)
Pension certificate
Caregiving pixs ( she does part time with Cheshire home in Ibadan)

CHILDREN DOCUMENTS ( FOUR)
Biodata pages
Birth certificates
Their separate pixs
Letter of admission from elementary school in Canada (for two of them)

I think these are the documents. I have advice to give but in a hurry to meet my supervisor. Will get back latter. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by NVGKP1: 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2018
Congrats Ajayi4. My testimony is coming soon.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 3:05pm On Aug 08, 2018
Ajayi4:
MY DOCUMENTS
Passport data page
Study permit
Visa page
Admission letter
Funding letter from school
Transcript
Marriage certificate
Wedding pixs
Wife's pix
Family pix( Six of us together)
My pix with the children when I went home in March
HOD and supervisor's letter
My Bsc certificate ( to prove my high CGPA)
UniIbadan part time employment letters
Fulbright certificate ( was a US Fulbright scholar at FSU in 2008/2009 academic session
Fulbright workshop, conferences, seminar certificates
Cross Creek letter ( also taught at a high school in the US)
Reference letter from a professor in FSU, United States
Reference letter from another professor from FSU, United States
My US Visa Page
Letter of employment at an International school in Mowe( former job)
Confirmation of employment as a journalist in a National newspaper in Nigeria(the job I had before coming to Canada)
Introduction letter from the newspaper's company
Uncle ( same surname letter supporting my study two years ago
Uncle in-law letter supporting my study two years ago
Mother in-law letter confirming sponsorship of my family ( put 14 million in my wife's account)
My Scotiabank account statement (about $15 thousand dollars)
My pay stub from MUN
Enrollment letter
Letter from my landlord that I am paying my rent
Pension from my former job in Naija

MY WIFE'S DOCUMENTS
Account Statement ( showing N28 million balance)
Birth certificate
Passport data page
Change of Name
Mother's biodata page
Her family members' biodata pages (six) showing home ties
My Uncle's biodata page and his letter of confirmation that he dropped 5 million to her account
Her uncle biodata page and letter he also dropped 3.5 million into her account
Letter of introduction from my professor in UI that I would be offered employment as a lecturer when I finish my study ( home tie)
Landed property documents
Her Bsc certificate
NYSC exemption letter
Appointment letter from her teaching job
WAEC certificate
Letter of Introduction from work
ID Card from work
CV
Another landed property (aches of land belonging to her and her mother who is resident in UK)
Her pix in the farm ( she also farms on the landed property
Soap making pixs ( she teaches Chemistry and they produce soaps in school)
Pension certificate
Caregiving pixs ( she does part time with Cheshire home in Ibadan)

Nigerians are rich indeed. Above average Canadian cannot gather 1-fifth of these! Congrats my brother.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2018
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 4:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
Which visa office treated your application?
Jimmychuks2018:
Got the correspondence letter today as well. Still my children's international passport is still been held in the high commission probably because of the medical, I went to children's practice last Monday and they said I should come on Thursday. I went to vfs today to collect my children's passport, still no show. Please guys am having a mix feeling here. Will share my documents soon.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 4:15pm On Aug 09, 2018
Ajayi4:
Hello everybody on the thread. I am a silent reader on this thread, and I appreciate the contributions of you guys. I give all glory to God for ensuring the approval of wife application and those of my four children this morning. This is the second application. The first one was rejected last year based on insufficient funds. This is the second application. I am a Masters student at MUN.
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2018
London but the correspondence letter came from Lagos visa office.

wealth360:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bode777(m): 5:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
London but the correspondence letter came from Lagos visa office.

So I called CIC straight from Naija today (+1 613 944- 4000 to enquire on my application. The Agent sympathized with me and asked that I Contacted London Office where my Application is being processed. She sent me a mail to contact London office. I'm gonna have to do case enquiry straight to London office, cos I can't see a number or email to reach them on. Can't anyone help with this?

You can call the line above to get info on processing office of ur application. Load better credit on your phones shaa.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 5:20pm On Aug 09, 2018
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca or london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
bode777:

So I called CIC straight from Naija today (+1 613 944- 4000 to enquire on my application. The Agent sympathized with me and asked that I Contacted London Office where my Application is being processed. She sent me a mail to contact London office. I'm gonna have to do case enquiry straight to London office, cos I can't see a number or email to reach them on. Can't anyone help with this?

You can call the line above to get info on processing office of ur application. Load better credit on your phones shaa.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 5:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
Seems all online application is been treated in London or Lagos. It is well my people

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 10:37am On Aug 10, 2018
wealth360:

I don't know the office that treated my family application yet. My wife has not got the stamped passports yet. She submitted yesterday. Until she gets the stamped passports back, we may not know the office that treated the applications.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 10:41am On Aug 10, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:

Hello Jimmy, pls was there an update on your online application stating you have submitted your passports after submission in VFS office? My wife submitted yesterday, and the online stuff is still reading "we have requested original passport". Then there was no message on my wife's email showing this as well. Any need to be worried?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDaniels(f): 11:30am On Aug 10, 2018
Goodmorning house....please how do i link my hubbys application online as he applied for open work permit while i applied for study permit. Have been able to link mine but cant do my hubbys own. Please someone help. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 1:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
wealth360:
Seems all online application is been treated in London or Lagos. It is well my people

My wife’s own is also in London. I confirmed that yesterday.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 3:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
No need to be worried bro, once they stamp her passport, it will be updated on her CiC account, mine was updated after I have received my passport. My kids passport still pending in vfs. Am beginning to be worried. Meanwhile, they did medical yesterday.

quote author=Ajayi4 post=70152187]

Hello Jimmy, pls was there an update on your online application stating you have submitted your passports after submission in VFS office? My wife submitted yesterday, and the online stuff is still reading "we have requested original passport". Then there was no message on my wife's email showing this as well. Any need to be worried?[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 3:34pm On Aug 10, 2018
StudentsNG:

My wife’s own is also in London. I confirmed that yesterday.

The tracking message on my wife's email from VFS shows our application is being treated in Lagos. It says your application.....has be forwarded to Canadian visa office, Lagos. I guess ours is being treated in Lagos. My thought though.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
No need to be worried bro, once they stamp her passport, it will be updated on her CiC account, mine was updated after I have received my passport. My kids passport still pending in vfs. Am beginning to be worried. Meanwhile, they did medical yesterday.

quote author=Ajayi4 post=70152187]

Hello Jimmy, pls was there an update on your online application stating you have submitted your passports after submission in VFS office? My wife submitted yesterday, and the online stuff is still reading "we have requested original passport". Then there was no message on my wife's email showing this as well. Any need to be worried?

I will encourage your also not to entertain fears. As soon as they receive their medical results, and they pass, they are good to go. I am very sure of that. It was the medical issue that caused the delay. Be sure of that.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
That was the message she got from VFS after she did her Biometric not necessarily the place where her application was treated.
Ajayi4:

The tracking message on my wife's email from VFS shows our application is being treated in Lagos. It says your application.....has be forwarded to Canadian visa office, Lagos. I guess ours is being treated in Lagos. My thought though.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDaniels(f): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
Pls can someone reply on this. Thanks.

MrsDaniels:
Goodmorning house....please how do i link my hubbys application online as he applied for open work permit while i applied for study permit. Have been able to link mine but cant do my hubbys own. Please someone help. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
MrsDaniels:

Hi MrsDaniel, its basically the same method you used in linking yours. Create a new account for him and logon to search his record and link it. You can also link it to your own account if you referenced that both have association during application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aghatise: 7:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
my wife and daughter submitted for SOWP and TRV a week ago. I was able link my daughter's application but could not for my wife - no application was found for her. appreciate your advice....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDaniels(f): 7:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
Yes i did referenced we both have association when we submitted. How can i link it my own account pls. Pls kindly tell me the steps. Thanks.

StudentsNG:

Hi MrsDaniel, its basically the same method you used in linking yours. Create a new account for him and logon to search his record and link it. You can also link it to your own account if you referenced that both have association during application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.