Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,464 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (811111 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (387) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:12pm On Aug 01, 2018
I believe you are close to approval, kindly wait and see. do not rush start packing your load thats what I believe.
bode777:
SOWP Application - March 15th, 2018
Medical Request - June 13th, 2018
Medical Passed- June 22nd, 2018
Application still on Eligibility and Background Check.
Case Specific Enquiry Submitted, No Response yet. God help us all.
It will surely end in Praise in Jesus Name. What do you advise my people?

20weeks Now.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 5:09pm On Aug 02, 2018
Update! Got my passport today with Canada visa. I return all glory to God! My kids passport still in high commission! Submitted separately because their passport request came before mine. It will end in praise for everyone of us.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2018
Congratulations!... More of Gods blessing.

Please can you expaitate more how you went about your medicals. Thank you.

Jimmychuks2018:
Update! Got my passport today with Canada visa. I return all glory to God! My kids passport still in high commission! Submitted separately because their passport request came before mine. It will end in praise for everyone of us.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
God be praised, congratulations bro. Your kids own will come soon as well.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 6:36pm On Aug 02, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:
Congratulations!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bode777(m): 10:44pm On Aug 02, 2018
Jimmychuks2018:

Congrats �
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 1:31pm On Aug 03, 2018
Normal thing, I went to children's practice few days after submission then scan the slip through email to London Visa office, my sister did same too. I don't know if it's the right thing but it worked for me. And I thank God.

quote author=Bab5 post=69928431]Congratulations!... More of Gods blessing.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 1:54pm On Aug 03, 2018
Thank you. God bless.

Jimmychuks2018:
Normal thing, I went to children's practice few days after submission then scan the slip through email to London Visa office, my sister did same too. I don't know if it's the right thing but it worked for me. And I thank God.

quote author=Bab5 post=69928431]Congratulations!... More of Gods blessing.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 9:19pm On Aug 03, 2018
SOWP Application Timeline 2018

1.Ami05: Submitted Feb 25, Upfront medical, Medical passed March 25, Passport request/Approval June 12
2.bode777: Submitted March 15th, medical request June 13th, Medical passedJune 22nd, Passport Request Aug 13th
3.Bab5: Application Submitted April 3rd, Biometric 6th.
4.Jimmychuks2018: Application Submitted April 19th, Upfront medical, Passport Request July 24/Approved August 02
5.StudentsNG: Application Submitted April 30th.
6.Wealth360: Application Submitted May 15th, Upfront medical, Medical passed June 15th

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 3:04am On Aug 04, 2018
I called children's practice to ask if they accept photo copy's of international passport data page few days ago for my children's medical and they said yes but that we need to book appointment first and from our appointment, we have to wait till thursday 9th. Is this the normal norm? Please is there any other walk in hospital in lagos. We can't wait till Thursday, We need to book flight ASAP. Thanks guys
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 12:06pm On Aug 05, 2018
May God help everyone of us who have applied for Open Work Permit. Soon testimonies shall abound. I hope to share my own testimony soon.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by NVGKP1: 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hi All,
Please I applied for SOWP for myself and visitor visa for my 3 year old son. I just checked his application online only to see that the status has changed to 'Application cancelled' I applied via paper route.
Please what can I do in this regard.
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 4:30pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello everybody on the thread. I am a silent reader on this thread, and I appreciate the contributions of you guys. I give all glory to God for ensuring the approval of wife application and those of my four children this morning. This is the second application. The first one was rejected last year based on insufficient funds. This is the second application. I am a Masters student at MUN.
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23
Biometrics: May 25
Call for Medical: July 31
Medical Done: August 3
Medical Passed: August 3
Passport Request: August 6

I want to beg you guys to be patient till tomorrow to share my documents. I am very busy today. I pray for success of everyone that applied before and after my family applications in Jesus name.

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mickychen(m): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2018
Congratulations sir. We're patiently waiting!
Ajayi4:
Hello everybody on the thread. I am a silent reader on this thread, and I appreciate the contributions of you guys. I give all glory to God for ensuring the approval of wife application and those of my four children this morning. This is the second application. The first one was rejected last year based on insufficient funds. This is the second application. I am a Masters student at MUN.
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23

I want to beg you guys to be patient till tomorrow to share my documents. I am very busy today. I pray for success of everyone that applied before and after my family applications in Jesus name.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by NVGKP1: 5:43pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hi All,
Please I applied for SOWP for myself and visitor visa for my 3 year old son. I just checked his application online only to see that the status has changed to 'Application cancelled' I applied via paper route.
Please what can I do in this regard?
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 5:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
Congratulations. More of Gods blessing.

Ajayi4:
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:48pm On Aug 06, 2018
How come? what happened to yours? Is your son a citizen of US?
NVGKP1:
Hi All,
Please what can I do in this regard?
Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 6:50pm On Aug 06, 2018
Congratulations My man. I will testify too very soon. And also to others waiting I pray no one will share denial update here In Jesus Name. Amen
Ajayi4:
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by illiasnwm: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2018
Hello Guys,

I'm currently a Post-Grad student in British Columbia, I was able to successfully bring my wife and daughter here..

my wife has a SOWP and my daughter has a visitors' visa since shes' just 2 years old.

My program ends next year and it would be the end of 3 years post graduate study for me in Canada.

My question is.. How do I go about converting my self, wife and daughter to PR holders... I know I should be getting a three years PGWP after my program ends.. Just looking for advice from someone that's been through this.

Merci!
Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 8:17pm On Aug 06, 2018
Ajayi4:
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23

Congratulations...it will end in praise for everyone of us.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 8:23pm On Aug 06, 2018
illiasnwm:
Hello Guys,

I'm currently a Post-Grad student in British Columbia, I was able to successfully bring my wife and daughter here..

my wife has a SOWP and my daughter has a visitors' visa since shes' just 2 years old.

My program ends next year and it would be the end of 3 years post graduate study for me in Canada.

My question is.. How do I go about converting my self, wife and daughter to PR holders... I know I should be getting a three years PGWP after my program ends.. Just looking for advice from someone that's been through this.

Merci!
Thanks
You can follow this link. All you have to know is available in the thread.https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/540
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by illiasnwm: 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2018
mikel88:
You can follow this link. All you have to know is available in the thread.https://www.nairaland.com/4472519/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/540

Much appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by NVGKP1: 9:18pm On Aug 06, 2018
wealth360:
How come? what happened to yours? Is your son a citizen of US?

My brother I don't know what happened. It could be a mistake I guess. My son is not a US citizen.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 1:42am On Aug 07, 2018
Hello my people, I want to ask if children are doing biometrics now. I learnt that before passport can be submitted for children, they will ask them to undergo biometrics or pay the money. My wife is going to submit passports on Wednesday and I don't know if she will have to go with the children. Somebody pls help.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 4:45am On Aug 07, 2018
I am not so sure, but I think biometric depends on the age too. maybe you should try and check CIC website to know the age group for Biometric. If we received your application before July 31
You need to give your biometrics if you’re between 14 and 79 years old, even if you gave them to us in the past in support of an application for a visitor visa, study or work permit.Goodluck
Ajayi4:
Hello my people, I want to ask if children are doing biometrics now. I learnt that before passport can be submitted for children, they will ask them to undergo biometrics or pay the money. My wife is going to submit passports on Wednesday and I don't know if she will have to go with the children. Somebody pls help.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bode777(m): 8:27am On Aug 07, 2018
Ajayi4:
Application timeline:
Applied (online) May 23

Congrats Ajayi. It will end in praise for the remaining of us IJN. Your Application was prettier fast. Jesus did it.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 9:35am On Aug 07, 2018
wealth360:
I am not so sure, but I think biometric depends on the age too. maybe you should try and check CIC website to know the age group for Biometric. If we received your application before July 31
You need to give your biometrics if you’re between 14 and 79 years old, even if you gave them to us in the past in support of an application for a visitor visa, study or work permit.Goodluck

Thank you @wealth360. I am grateful. A friend of mine whose wife came to Canana with a son of ten year old said the son was asked to do biometrics before they collected his passport. Another colleague whose wife submitted passport about four months ago was asked to pay biometrics money for all of the children less than 13. I keep wondering o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 9:37am On Aug 07, 2018
bode777:

Congrats Ajayi. It will end in praise for the remaining of us IJN. Your Application was prettier fast. Jesus did it.

At Bode777, thanks o. I say amen to your prayer that God will answer everyone on this thread and those not here who have applied in Jesus name. It was God that did it.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 11:48am On Aug 07, 2018
So it is better for wifey to go with your older children incase they are required to do it. But it was on the CIC website I saw the age group of 14-79years are needed to give biometric.
Ajayi4:

Thank you @wealth360. I am grateful. A friend of mine whose wife came to Canana with a son of ten year old said the son was asked to do biometrics before they collected his passport. Another colleague whose wife submitted passport about four months ago was asked to pay biometrics money for all of the children less than 13. I keep wondering o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by luckyprince(m): 5:06pm On Aug 07, 2018
StudentsNG:

Way forward, see you in Queen City soon cheesy

I will be in Queen city on 28 of the month make we yarn....

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by luckyprince(m): 5:07pm On Aug 07, 2018
No child under 14 years old will do biometrics

Ajayi4:

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (387) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.