Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (801510 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDaniels(f): 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2018
@Aghatise its the Same problem i have now kept saying applcatn not found for my hubbys Sowp application. I think its the subcategories thats the problem. Guess one isnt getting the subcategories step by step. Pls appreciate if someone helps out.

Aghatise:
my wife and daughter submitted for SOWP and TRV a week ago. I was able link my daughter's application but could not for my wife - no application was found for her. appreciate your advice....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by NVGKP1: 10:32pm On Aug 10, 2018
Was having same problem but found a solution. Since it's an open work permit the sub category to select is 'international experience Canada ' if you choose this you should be able to link your application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aghatise: 2:18am On Aug 11, 2018
It worked!!!! Thank you all.....

NVGKP1:
Was having same problem but found a solution. Since it's an open work permit the sub category to select is 'international experience Canada ' if you choose this you should be able to link your application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by triplebaba: 5:32am On Aug 11, 2018
Hello guys, please i need your opinion on my matter ooooo. I got an official employment letter of a two years contract job from NELMAN OIL AND GAS CANADA but in the employment letter I was told to get my life insurance card from their a specific insurance company they use in the company, which I contacted the insurance company and was told that my insurance fee is 3000 dollars for period of two years of the job and am to pay half of the money before they can start the processing of my insurance card which will enable me have a work permit. Please am confused ooooo am I to pay for the life insurance card before I resume? Please hope its not a scam. Please i need urgent response
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDaniels(f): 8:41am On Aug 11, 2018
@Aghatise Not to worry just tried again now and it worked.

Pls can you tell me step by step how you did it. When i choose intl experience Canada" what and what do i do again.

Aghatise:
It worked!!!! Thank you all.....

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by favouritedami: 10:28am On Aug 11, 2018
triplebaba:
Hello guys, please i need your opinion on my matter ooooo. I got an official employment letter of a two years contract job from NELMAN OIL AND GAS CANADA but in the employment letter I was told to get my life insurance card from their a specific insurance company they use in the company, which I contacted the insurance company and was told that my insurance fee is 3000 dollars for period of two years of the job and am to pay half of the money before they can start the processing of my insurance card which will enable me have a work permit. Please am confused ooooo am I to pay for the life insurance card before I resume? Please hope its not a scam. Please i need urgent response
Sounds like a scam to me
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Aghatise: 6:30am On Aug 12, 2018
MrsDaniels:

Pls can you tell me step by step how you did it. When i choose intl experience Canada" what and what do i do again.

MrsDaniels:

MrsDaniels:

MrsDaniels:

MrsDaniels:

@Mrs Daniels...just saw your message now; was not on nairaland yesterday(apology)...however,I am happy to hear it worked. We keep fingers crossed and trust God in it all...

MrsDaniels:

MrsDaniels:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bode777(m): 10:17am On Aug 13, 2018
Jesus did it on a Monday morning. Passport Request my people. It can only be God. After One Study Permit and SOWP Denial. I'm serving the Lord of Miracle, I Know, Yes I Know. ****singing

7 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 10:23am On Aug 13, 2018
Congratulations!... God surely did it. I will soon testify too by Gods grace.
bode777:
Jesus did it on a Monday morning. Passport Request my people. It can only be God. After One Study Permit and SOWP Denial. I'm serving the Lord of Miracle, I Know, Yes I Know. ****singing

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 11:30am On Aug 13, 2018
bode777:
Congratulations. Jesus is a miracle worker. So happy for you. Others expecting this kind of joy will not be disappointed in Jesus name. More testimonies this week in Jesus name.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2018
Congrats Baba. Oya please share your documents submitted for others to learn. Also, did you know where your application was treated?
bode777:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:31pm On Aug 13, 2018
SOWP Application Timeline 2018

1.Ami05: Submitted Feb 25, Upfront medical, Medical passed March 25, Passport request/Approval June 12
2.bode777: Submitted March 15th, medical request June 13th, Medical passedJune 22nd, Passport Request Aug 13th
3.Bab5: Application Submitted April 3rd, Biometric 6th.
4.Jimmychuks2018: Application Submitted April 19th, Upfront medical, Passport Request July 24/Approved August 02
5.StudentsNG: Application Submitted April 30th.medical request August 13th, Passport request/Approval August 22nd
6.Wealth360: Application Submitted May 15th, Upfront medical, Medical passed June 15th
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 4:37pm On Aug 13, 2018
Wonderful!!!
bode777:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
Medical request for my wife and baby this morning! One step forward...

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bode777(m): 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2018
wealth360:
Congrats Baba. Oya please share your documents submitted for others to learn. Also, did you know where your application was treated?

Thanks My people. Further to my post last week. I called CIC from Naija(burnt call credit ehn); they mentioned that my application was being treated in London office. However correspondence came through Lagos office.

The document I submitted is not different from what @Ajayi4 submitted. I just ensured that I addressed all the concerns in the last Study Permit & SOWP Refusal. Ultimately, Na by Prayer and Praises Ohhhhhh. It's just God.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by bode777(m): 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
StudentsNG:

It will end in praise. It is done in Jesus Name.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
Baba God NONI.............Thank you Jesus. Its our turn of Joy on this thread, testimonies will never seize in Jesus Name.
StudentsNG:

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 5:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
StudentsNG:

Congrats my brother. I have prayed so. More of testimonies today in Jesus name. Pls share your documents for others to learn. Quickly go ahead and do the medical.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2018
Ajayi4:

Congrats my brother. I have prayed so. More of testimonies today in Jesus name. Pls share your documents for others to learn. Quickly go ahead and do the medical.

Thanks bro. They will do medical tomorrow morning. I was thinking to share the docs after approval?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ajayi4(m): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
StudentsNG:

Thanks bro. They will do medical tomorrow morning. I was thinking to share the docs after approval?

Alright no problem.It shall end well in Jesus name.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 9:41pm On Aug 13, 2018
Good evening guys...
Please i need information for price and procedures of police Clearance certificate at alagbon, Lagos and also if am getting it for some else. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2018
Bab5:
Good evening guys...
Please i need information for price and procedures of police Clearance certificate at alagbon, Lagos and also if am getting it for some else. Thank you.

This very document is actually for PR applications. I don't know, somehow it has become a norm for study permit & work permit applicants in Nigeria to include it. You can't get it for someone, basically because the applicant need to thumb print.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
Yes...I want to use it for PR application. I know mine will be easy since am still in Nigeria, not sure how to get it for my husband, I need info about it before heading to alagbon. Thank you.

StudentsNG:

This very document is actually for PR applications. I don't know, somehow it has become a norm for study permit & work permit applicants in Nigeria to include it. You can't get it for someone, basically because the applicant need to thumb print.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by KlausMike(m): 2:42am On Aug 14, 2018
I greet the house oh!

I am currently in Canada doing my MBA and would like to apply for my wife and 2 year old son.

The problem now is that when i go through the questionnaire and i get a checklist of documents (screenshot attached), i noticed they did not ask for bank statement/proof of funds - is there anything i am doing wrong?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 5:51am On Aug 14, 2018
Your husband need to visit a police station in canada for application of finger print, after he has done his finger print, he can send it down to you and thats what you take to alagbon for his police character certificate. Also am not sure if he scan the finger print to you. you might wanna confirm that. Thanks
Bab5:
Yes...I want to use it for PR application. I know mine will be easy since am still in Nigeria, not sure how to get it for my husband, I need info about it before heading to alagbon. Thank you.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ziddie(f): 10:08am On Aug 14, 2018
wealth360:
Your husband need to visit a police station in canada for application of finger print, after he has done his finger print, he can send it down to you and thats what you take to alagbon for his police character certificate. Also am not sure if he scan the finger print to you. you might wanna confirm that. Thanks

All you need to do is go to alagbon,get a copy of the police clearance form.....scan n send to ur spouse,he/she shld fill appropriately as advised by the officier and in turn scan n send back for submission...its simple
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 14, 2018
Bab5:

You need a copy of his passport data page, one or two passport photographs. You'll send a copy of the PCC form to him, he'll thumbrint according to the instructions, and scan it back to you. Print it out and take it there whn you go do yours. Depending on yoir bargaining power, it could cost 3.5 - 4 k or more.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
Thank you guys. The info was really helpful. Thanks.

Flaj:

You need a copy of his passport data page, one or two passport photographs. You'll send a copy of the PCC form to him, he'll thumbrint according to the instructions, and scan it back to you. Print it out and take it there whn you go do yours. Depending on yoir bargaining power, it could cost 3.5 - 4 k or more.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by KlausMike(m): 2:59am On Aug 15, 2018
KlausMike:
I greet the house oh!

I am currently in Canada doing my MBA and would like to apply for my wife and 2 year old son.

The problem now is that when i go through the questionnaire and i get a checklist of documents (screenshot attached), i noticed they did not ask for bank statement/proof of funds - is there anything i am doing wrong?

anyone
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 9:09am On Aug 15, 2018
Good morning, from my little knowledge, there isn't an upload option for proof of funds/bank statement unlike other visa application......but I think at the tail end there is an option of letter of explanation/client information under other documents section, you can upload what ever you deem fit that will support your document in there.
KlausMike:

anyone
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 1:39pm On Aug 15, 2018
Medical passed today. We keep hopes alive!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:01pm On Aug 15, 2018
Passport Request should land before Friday, I believe. Congratulations broda.
StudentsNG:
Medical passed today. We keep hopes alive!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.