Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,781 members, 7,851,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:18 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (58116 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2009
This shoulda been done since november
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2009
The guy had it coming, I heard there was a lot of pressure from the fans yesterday!

It is just a shame; can Ray do it?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2009
FBS calm down grin

nateevs is being considered seriously grin

ibime will be the assistant grin

nateevs
you will lose all matches grin

brashy
naa i heard they turned it down
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2009
dayokanu:

How much is Roman paying him off.

That is the part that interests me.

That is what you get when the foundation for succes is not there You just hope to BUY success.

Read up on the story of Sergio Cragnotti's Lazio. That is similar to the chelsea story.

Intel has it that Ladan Bosso, onigbinde, Haruna Ilerika and Steve McClaren are being lined up to take over!!!

Scolari only has a 2 year contract so his pay-off no go pass £5million.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 5:52pm On Feb 09, 2009
cabali:

The guy had it coming, I heard there was a lot of pressure from the fans yesterday!

It is just a shame; can Ray do it?

Ray Wilkins?? What does he know??
Wilkins is a TV Pundit. . . . . .He is worse than Tony Adams.
What is it now. . . . .3 managers sacked in 18 months??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 5:53pm On Feb 09, 2009
So any coach that doesn't finish first on the table gets the boot? The season is not even over for crying out loud!!

Roman is just as spoiled as the players on his team!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Dayo . . .

Let me tell you. . . It's £10m . . . that's what he gets!. . . . A man who couldn't buy a football, now we pay him that much!. . . How did this money suddenly show up! It's a nightmare. As unpopular as my assertion could be on the issue, it is a very very bad decision.

To fire a manager in the middle of the season is bad leadership. Our problems go beyond LFS. . This is utter rubbish. We are not fulham for heaven's sake. Whateva happened to patience?

This rubbish. . utter rubbish. . . and for all of you thinking this is good, this is not the way to attract world class players and managers.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:58pm On Feb 09, 2009
BTW, this does not mean Chelsea is a joke.

There was a SERIOUS chance we would not qualify for CL. It is right for Chelsea to sack him.

I could just see 10 0-0 draws between now and the end of the season.

We want patience and consistency, but it has become obvious over the last month that Scolari is simply incompetent. He was not the right man to build for the future. Tactically and physical preparation-wise, he is still stuck in the 1990's. Besides, he is not very good in the transfer market. And his assistants look like pot-bellied moustached relics from the 1970's. Such assistants can never win the players respect.

My Portuguese friend told me that JM once said Scolari would never win anything with Portugal; and that he was lucky to win the World Cup; and that all his substitutions for Portugal used to hinder rather than help them. People thought JM was just player-hating, but everyone can see it now. Scolari is inept. Such a shame. Chelsea should have been the no 1 outpost for South-American footballers in Europe.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2009
BTW, I hope you guys remember that CL format has changed.

The 4th placed team from EPL now has to play the 4th place team from Spain or Italy.

Scolari would never have finished above 4th. 5th sef for hard am.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 09, 2009
At last, i saw it coming. Good riddiance.
But Wilkins is even worse, thats no coach!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Ibime,

Let's say Scolari won't have made above 4th. . . . I want to ask you a question, who will we bring in now? and what makes you feel so confident that guy will finish above 4th?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2009
Scolari woulda done 4th trust me. It is just that it is still a crying shame at that.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2009
To fire a manager in the middle of the season is bad leadership. Our problems go beyond LFS. . This is utter rubbish. We are not fulham for heaven's sake. Whateva happened to patience?

Real Madrid did it and it got their season back on track Only God knows what would have happened if Schuster was still there.

Tottenham fired juande and got a little reprieve.

Firing Scolari was not a bad decision.

How can you as Roman continue to pay Scolari for that crap he displays every weekend. How would you feel signing the paycheck of a Horrible employee?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2009
With the way Roman keeps hiring and firing.

will any manager want to sign for him?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 6:09pm On Feb 09, 2009
Wilkins who was in support of scolaris substitutions only means he will come up with scolari's methods and that will prolly kill us finally. and we will still have the feeling scolari is still around
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2009
nateevs:

@Ibime,

Let's say Scolari won't have made above 4th. . . . I want to ask you a question, who will we bring in now? and what makes you feel so confident that guy will finish above 4th?

In times like this, you need a manager to steady the ship, someone who knows Chelsea and the way we play and knows the Premiership, not some foreigner with fancy new ideas and a bad grasp of English. The most obvious choice in the short term is Avram Grant. Beyond that, you are looking at Zola and Clarkey. I am not even sure about Guus Hiddink. I believe he may have same problem as Scolari. He simply does not know how to coach defensive-minded players. But he may be worth a shot.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jaybee3(m): 6:12pm On Feb 09, 2009
You peeps should see who the fans think should take over at the helm.

Stamford bridge scumbags are just a laughing joke.

Thank God the only true champion in England never disappoints (red devils sitting and expecting another eminent title? u bet we are)

http://www.skysports.com/poll/results/0,19911,11061_60355,00.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 6:13pm On Feb 09, 2009
One reason I love Chelsea is because they always keep us entertained, even when we are not winning trophies.  wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jaybee3(m): 6:14pm On Feb 09, 2009
About time ya'all hire harry houdini to save ya ass from relegation to sub-par team (outside of the big four)
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Ibime. . .

Avram Grant? . . . . You really think he should come back. . .
Zola will be a disaster. . . 3 years later it might work. . . . he is not ready now!
Gus Hiddink, my all time favourite, could infact, have the same problem as LFS, not having coached a club team in a while.
Steve Clarke. . . . good number 2 never sure about manager!

Who next? . . . and what if we end up finishing sixth?  . . We would have contradicted the same reason we fired LFS.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2009
I don't give a damn if we finish below 4th with a mediocre coach.
To have a World cup winner as coach who turns out rubbish results week in week out is laughable.
A slap on our face.

We all have jobs, if we don't do our jobs we get fired.
Why should LFS case attract sentiments?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 6:20pm On Feb 09, 2009
nateevs:

I agree with you here.
Sacking Scolari at this stage is bad management. . . . . .He needed funds to improve his squad and he was denied.
All of a sudden. . . .He was sacked(he would be paid off) and a new manager would be employed by next month.
Where is the new money coming from??

All the members saying it was a good decision are short-sighted.
La Liga is not like the Premiership. . . . . .Real Madrid only have one genuine rival(Barcelona).
The only thing Real Madrid need to win a league title is for Barcelona to capitulate and vice versa.
Chelsea have 3 rivals or 4 if you include Aston Villa these days. . . .
It is more difficult for Chelsea to win the league here than Barca/Real Madrid winning their La Liga.

This rubbish. . utter rubbish. . . and for all of you thinking this is good, this is not the way to attract world class players and managers.  

It's CLASSLESS in me opinion.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by tkb417(m): 6:21pm On Feb 09, 2009
and u guys think a right thinking coach will come to ur club to be fired!!!!!!! shocked shocked

its high time u guys started hiring from Africa cos it wont cost u much
the cost of hiring and firing in 8 months for an African shouldnt be more than 2m

u guys should think about it
Siasia is still jobless
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 6:26pm On Feb 09, 2009
@Diva,

You really do not give a damn if we finished fourth? Why sack Scolari then? Our jobs are not like Managers' jobs. . . Our jobs can be likened to that of the players. . . you don't perform, you get dropped or benched!

The Manager's job on the other hand is like impeaching the President one year into a four-year term. Stability is essential. what if we employed another world class manager and he doesn't succeed again?

So who in your opinion should take over now?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 6:32pm On Feb 09, 2009
1. RA's idea of style over substance has failed. It doesn't always work anyway. Let him sell the club please.
2. The sack of JM (who by the way would have brought success, fame and history) is his doing, and he just got served.
3. Kenyon should be sacked. He was never an honest guy. Says one thing one before you know it, a manager gets the SACK
4. Ray W is not a coach.
5. LFS lacked the motivational and inspirational factors needed. Tweaking a game was not his turf.
6. Chelsea's chances of a silverware this season is under a big question mark?

But hey, its Chelsea, we are renowned for the NEVER SAY DIE ATTITUDE.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 6:34pm On Feb 09, 2009
What is this firing a manager mid season is bad management? something that should have been done earlier.
RM did it and they have not lost a single match since then.
Where is all the emotional sentiments coming from?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 09, 2009
Nateevs,
Its one thing to put in your best as a manager and then end up with poor results (case of bad luck, if u like).
Its another thing to be tactiaclly inept as a coach.
Fans are calling for his head, our skipper has to keep apologizing to the fans after every match.
Its obvious the players had lost confidence in him.
They was no way LFS was suddenly going to wake up with a winning formular. Better now than later.

I'm not one to suggest coaches but the likes of
Hiddink, Rijkard (hate him or luv him), Mancini could be given a try.
With a good EPL coach as an assistant to any of these folks, i'm sure something would happen before the season ends.

This is not to say we don't need to overhaul the squad at summer, bring in some kindergarten kids like Arsenal and even United is currently doing.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
nateevs:

what if we employed another world class manager and he doesn't succeed again?
and what if he succeeds?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
FBS:

and what if he succeeds?

Oh! We will all celebrate! . . . . Now you answer my question. . . . what if he fails?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
BlueDiva:

Its one thing to put in your best as a manager and then end up with poor results (case of bad luck, if u like).
Its another thing to be tactiaclly inept as a coach.
Fans are calling for his head, our skipper has to keep apologizing to the fans after every match.
Its obvious the players had lost confidence in him.
They was no way LFS was suddenly going to wake up with a winning formular. Better now than later.

I'm not one to suggest coaches but the likes of
Hiddink, Rijkard (hate him or luv him), Mancini could be given a try.
With a good EPL coach as an assistant to any of these folks, i'm sure something would happen before the season ends.

This is not to say we don't need to overhaul the squad at summer, bring in some kindergarten kids like Arsenal and even United is currently doing.
@Bluediva I concur wholeheartedly.  grin minus what Arsenal is doing. Their kids aint performing either.  grin we should be better off than them. heck, what is the academy for?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 6:40pm On Feb 09, 2009
nateevs:

Oh! We will all celebrate! . . . . Now you answer my question. . . . what if he fails?
I'm sure you understand the meaning of IF. i.e it can go either way. Why not wait to see if he succeeds.
LFS has shown what he could do. He is not a game tweaker.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
Who would pay a misfiring coach Millions

Why buy crap for millions when you can buy it for a cent.

For the kind of football Chelsea plays nowadays, No one needs a multi million dollar coach when Ladan Bosso would give the same result.

The Manager's job on the other hand is like impeaching the President one year into a four-year term. Stability is essential. what if we employed another world class manager and he doesn't succeed again?

Its very possible to impeach a president one year into a term If things go horribly wrong.

Check out Tottenhams position during Juande and after.

@Nateevs,  Would you rather stay in a bad situation becaus eu aint sure if the option is better?

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (101)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 26th April 2015 / Barcelona Vs Valencia: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 26th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United - (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.