Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:26 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (58112 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 6:43pm On Feb 09, 2009
@FBS.

I agree with everything you've said about LFS. . . but let's say we get to a stage where we make a mistake with the next appointment and it turns out sour. . . what do you suppose the management does?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 09, 2009
Haha, Arsenal are building for the future. Hope this flatters them.
I understand Nateevs sentiments, but sentiments never win wars, brave decisions do.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by kaypumpin2(m): 6:49pm On Feb 09, 2009
Yet another knee jerk reaction from Abram,who i am beginning to feel just want instant success;the sort JM brought but couldn't maintain.
Y'all wonder why Man U is the best team in England and indeed the whole world?Consistency and stability.
Off course LFS is not the best coach best suited for the situ at hand,but the Chelsea was only going to regulate itself as the season pans.
Ok,another coach comes now with the upbeat and vibrancy that usually comes with the arrival of a new man,what happens again if and when the vibes wear off and another set of bad runs commence?
You sack the coach again?
Clueless owner ruining a promising club in my opinion!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2009
We keep firing till we get someone of JMs quality.  tongue
Listening to BBC and Avram Grants name keeps coming up, WTF ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 6:54pm On Feb 09, 2009
BlueDiva:

I don't give a damn if we finish below 4th with a mediocre coach.
To have a World cup winner as coach who turns out rubbish results week in week out is laughable.
A slap on our face.

Even Sir Alex/Wenger cannot turn things around at Chelsea.
The whole squad needs to be overhauled.
Chelsea is going through the phase Madrid went through in 2004-2006.

We all have jobs, if we don't do our jobs we get fired.
Why should LFS case attract sentiments?

LFS case will attract sentiments because the fault does not lie with the manager. . . .It lies with the players.
Another manager will be brought in, he will buy the players he wants and people will see him as the messiah when things go his way.
Why not buy the players Scolari wanted in the first place?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by somze(f): 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2009
Nateevs,
Put a sock in it  tongue
For once be happy that Mgt took the right decision albeit at the wrong time.

You agree Scolari was a failure. We need a much better personality.

I'm going to celebrate tonight.

I wish we could get Zola and Clarke.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2009
grin grin grin grin

Nateevs dem don sack your guy oh! cheesy

I knew Chelski would do this sooner or later - Scolari has FAILED. tongue

Now I hope they'll get someone with BALLS who can take on players and make a real change - not some 'early gra gra' like Felipe. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2009
We could have finished sixth this season. LFS could have been allowed to sort a few things out next season. See what players we can let go and a few we can bring in. Mix up with a group of younger players we have. . . . and challenge for the title on all fronts next season, with players that are really hungry.

He could win the PL next season. . . there's nothing to suggest he couldn't. . he could even win the Champions League. . . but this disastrous desire for instant success from fans and owner is appalling!

The sacking of LFS is not result-related but for the fear that we won't qualify for Champions league and that will hamper the clubs target of breaking even in 2010. . . . but there's nothing to suggest he wouldn't have.

With this road we chosen to journey, a new man in any new club will inspire the players to put in their best to be the manager's favourite. . . we will therefore go on a string of good results. . . soon after we will come back to the level we belong and with the first string of bad results, and the manager knowing what kind of fans and owner he works for, the panic begins. . . .

and we will go all over this journey again.

Unless we spend like we did when JM was here, we can't achieve anything!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:06pm On Feb 09, 2009
I feel sorry for London clubs this season.
Cannot even decide the wackest team between Chelsea n Arsenal.

ARSENAL. . . . . . .They have always been disappointing. Shit manager, mediocre players, loud-mouthed fans.
CHELSEA. . . . . . .Classless. . . . .No foundation, power-drunk owner and decent fans.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 09, 2009
Sauron,
Common, even with our 'old squad' AW/SAF wouldn't be in this mess.
LFS had the right to buy watever he wanted at the beginning of the season and he went for old Deco, whose fault?

I watch Chelsea's games week in, week out and i see the faulty subs he makes.
LFS and his funny looking portugese assistants came to England to have a ball.
I'd never seen a 'World class coach' always looking so confused.
At his post match interview he never finds fault in his tactics only impractical optimism.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:08pm On Feb 09, 2009
@nateevs, we both want the best for this club and I understand your point. To say I don't feel for LFS will be false. I do but sentiments and emotions aside, LFS did not convince people and fans alike with his tactics.
Even when things were rough for JM, he always found a way to win the fans over again.
Grant made subs and the fans were screaming rubbish, but it worked and I tell you no single chelsea fan can forget that. Now tell me, can you remember any memorable match with LFS?

If you ask me, I say get rid of RA & Kenyon. RA wanted instant success, JM brought them and the fans have grown accustomed to this (can't blame though grin) but for some stupid reason they fired the best manager ever.

No one can realistically tell you where to start from if the next manager fails. The point is, keep trying till you get it right.
History and success comes with time and until Chelsea can get owners that are ready to write their names in the rocks and not on sand, I'm afraid it will be a rollercoaster for the club.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

I feel sorry for London clubs this season.
Cannot even decide the wackest team between Chelsea n Arsenal.

ARSENAL. . . . . . .They have always been disappointing. Shit manager, mediocre players, loud-mouthed fans.
CHELSEA. . . . . . .Classless. . . . .No foundation, power-drunk owner and decent fans.

And u think United will have a tea party forever?
U must be joking. Dooms day is nigh.  wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:15pm On Feb 09, 2009
BlueDiva:

Sauron,
Common, even with our 'old squad' AW/SAF wouldn't be in this mess.
LFS had the right to buy watever he wanted at the beginning of the season and he went for old Deco, whose fault?

Why is Wenger underperforming with younger players?? What has Wenger won in the last 5 seasons?
Sir Alex will not work with that many OAPs in his squad. . . .Chelsea need good young players.
Finito!!!

I watch Chelsea's games week in, week out and i see the faulty subs he makes.
LFS and his funny looking portugese assistants came to England to have a ball.

What faulty subs?? Have you seen how dire your bench looks lately?
You can only substitute what u have on bench. Is that Scolari's fault?

I'd never seen a 'World class coach' always looking so confused.
At his post match interview he never finds fault in his tactics only impractical optimism.

He couldn't buy the players he wanted. That was a clog on his wheels.
Jose Mourinho also failed when he could not sign the players he really wanted hence his sack.

BlueDiva:

And u think United will have a tea party forever?
U must be joking. Dooms day is nigh. wink

One look at the pool of young players at United should tell you they will rule Europe for many years to come.
At this point, i can manage Man Utd to win more titles in England.
Nani, Da Silva brothers, Evans, Fletcher, Tevez, Campbell, Ronaldo, Rooney, Anderson, Tosic, Ben Foster etc.
Are u kidding moi?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 7:18pm On Feb 09, 2009
Y'all wonder why Man U is the best team in England and indeed the whole world?Consistency and stability

Best team in which world? Maybe best team in England. So Madrid, FC Porto, Liverpool, AC Milan and other clubs that have won World club Championships dont sack coaches?

What more can one expect from a Gayyner
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2009
The only positive thing I take from this is that RA is still interested in Chelsea. . . so all talks about him wanting to sell Chelsea should stop now.

Apart from that, this is not the way to build a brand. The only way this can make sense is to bring back JM.
I am going to stop ranting about this now. . . unless of course someone says something ridiculous!

It's been done. . . and the next thing should be "Who should come in next?"
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:26pm On Feb 09, 2009
dayokanu:

Best team in which world? Maybe best team in England. So Madrid, FC Porto, Liverpool, AC Milan and other clubs that have won World club Championships dont sack coaches?

You are the ERRORIST here. . . . .AC Milan is the only European club that have won the World Club Championship apart from Man Utd.
This coming from a self-acclaimed footie analyst is appaling, misinforming and shameful. grin grin
Professor GUFFANTI.

What more can one expect from a Gayyner

More like what more can one expect from a sub-literate Nazi.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:28pm On Feb 09, 2009
Zola, RM, FR, Steve Clarke grin
I'm ruling Di Matteo out.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by chamotex(m): 7:29pm On Feb 09, 2009
I guess the board panicked. I was thinking they would at least let him be in charge until the end of the season at least.

They probably thought a Champions League spot was at stake if he continued to be in charge.
Let's be honest, Chelsea have played real shit this year.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
Nateevs, we can talk about stability from now till eternity, but the truth is, if the manager is just not right for the job, he's just not right.

All Chelsea fans loved Scolari when he was appointed (except Somze). The fans were ALWAYS on his side. It was only through clueless tactics and substitutions that they turned against him.

It is better to stop the rot now and start again with a good manager with a good knowledge of the transfer market, strong physical preparation, and good tactics.

In the short term, we need someone to steady the ship. One man has proved that he has the required attributes for this. He did it last season, despite missing his full first team for a 2-month period. The man is a tactical genius. His name is Avram Grant!!!

Summer time, we talk about Hiddink etc
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:36pm On Feb 09, 2009
chamotex:

I guess the board panicked. I was thinking they would at least let him be in charge until the end of the season at least.

They probably thought a Champions League spot was at stake if he continued to be in charge.
Let's be honest, Chelsea have played real shit this year.

Are they worse than Man Utd in 2003/4 season?
Having led the table till the 1st of January. . . . .We fell 12 points behind league leaders(Arsenal) by February.
We lost to Wolves at OT, lost to Pompey, lost to Liverpool. . . We lost NINE games that season.
Did we sack Ferguson??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 7:38pm On Feb 09, 2009
Those clubs won the title that preceded the World club cup. Well it is hard to discuss with someone of subnormal intelligence.

Who differentiates between Jules Rimet cup and world cup.

GUFFANTI does it again No one pays you no mind
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Having led the table till the 1st of January. . . . .We fell 12 points behind league leaders(Arsenal) by February.
We lost to Wolves at OT, lost to Pompey, lost to Liverpool. . . We lost NINE games that season.
Did we sack Ferguson??

WORD!!!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 7:41pm On Feb 09, 2009
Let's face it - Scolari deserved the sack.  tongue

He couldn't inspire the players and they showed little drive to play for him. If as a coach, he couldn't drop those players and make them perform (apart from doing shakara with DD) then why keep him?

He lost the dressing room and thus was fired. In fact, Chelski used the term DISMISSED.  cheesy grin grin

The Champions League spot IS in danger. Why did he sack Clarke?? What has 'yes man' Wilkinson the prat brought to Chelski?? No ideas, no motivation, no drive. Not the kind of coach I would want.

Sharon

stop defending Scolari - he lacked the balls to put young players on the bench. Instead of looking for good young talent, he was chasing only Robinho.  tongue

I wonder how RQ will feel now - no more portugeezer at the club to back him up.  grin

Stop comparing Scolari to Fergie - Scolari has ZERO pedigree at club level in Europe - let him experiment and come up with a winning formula elsewhere in Europe before coming to the best league. JM did it, Rafa did it, Fergie did it, AW did it.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 7:42pm On Feb 09, 2009
In the short term, we need someone to steady the ship. One man has proved that he has the required attributes for this. He did it last season, despite missing his full first team for a 2-month period. The man is a tactical genius. His name is Avram Grant!!!

I thought I was the only Avram Grant fan.

Who can stand losing 4 games out of 5 to your rivals. Scolari did not beat any big team in the EPL
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:44pm On Feb 09, 2009
It is better to stop the rot now and start again with a good manager with a good knowledge of the transfer market, strong physical preparation, and good tactics.

How can you guarantee we would do this?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by chamotex(m): 7:45pm On Feb 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Did we sack Ferguson??

Yeah but we weren't at the risk of losing our Champions League spot.
With the way Chelsea and Aston Villa are playing, The Chavs just might lose out on the CL spot if LFS was still in charge.
Fergie had been doing it for years, he was a proven manager. LFS is not.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 7:45pm On Feb 09, 2009
dayokanu:

Those clubs won the title that preceded the World club cup. Well it is hard to discuss with someone of subnormal intelligence.

Who differentiates between Jules Rimet cup and world cup.

GUFFANTI does it again No one pays you no mind

You are an idiot. . . . . .U cannot differentiate between Intercontinental cup and the World Club cup
World Club cup. . . . . . FIFA organised competition and it includes clubs from all continents(Asia, Oceania, Africa, Europe, South America)
Intercontinental cup. . . . .A competition STRICTLY between South American clubs and European clubs(Not FIFA endorsed).

You are so uneducated you cannot tell the difference between the 2 competitions.
What did you do to the money spent on your child development?
I was told u used it to buy guguru and epa instead of staying in school.  Shame on you.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:47pm On Feb 09, 2009
~Sauron~:

Did we sack Ferguson??
was it not in the same season AF contemplated resigning as a reason for his side's loss of form?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2009
How can we for goodness sake be thinking about Grant?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 7:48pm On Feb 09, 2009
let him experiment and come up with a winning formula elsewhere in Europe before coming to the best league. JM did it, Rafa did it, Fergie did it, AW did it

I dont get you where did AW get a winning formula?.
He only won 1 league and one Coupe de france in 11 years on Management in Europe  before coming to the EPL[quote][/quote]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 7:49pm On Feb 09, 2009
nateevs:

How can you guarantee we would do this?
There is never no guarantee.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dayokanu(m): 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2009
How can we for goodness sake be thinking about Grant?

Grant performed far better in similar circumstances

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (101)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (0 - 0) On 26th April 2015 / Barcelona Vs Valencia: Copa Del Rey Final (1 - 2) On 26th May 2019 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United - (4 - 0) On 23rd October 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.