Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,635 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? (14528 Views)

What Can Nigeria Learn From The BREXIT Debacle? / If The Tribal Game Continues - We Might Never Have An Ibo President. / 3 Reasons Why Plateau State Must Produce An Apc Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 11:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
Amazo:

The richest Nigerian is not ibo;
The smartest Nigerian is not ibo;
The most popular Nigerian is not ibo... And I could go on and on. So how are the ibos naturally ahead of all other Nigerian groups in terms of human development? This is just another usual false claim ibos like you make that is devoid of proven and proveable facts. Keep deceiving yourself.
You are being clever by half..
Which is the poorest region in Nigeria?
Which region has the highest rate of illiteracy in Nigeria?
Which region has the highest rate of diseases in Nigeria?
Which region has least developmental infrastructure in Nigeria?
The list is on and on but answer this ones first..

2 Likes

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 12:03am On Apr 24, 2015
pazienza:

No one knows Dbanj other than Yorubas! *grins*

P square are more popular than them, check out who leads in you tube views? There is more to popularity than galivanting around the world seeking for cheap popularity.

Wole Soyinka is a man that needs the Nobel prize to be relevant, Achebe was effortlessly relevant without the Nobel prize. He was even Times magazine most influential African man before his death. Haha!

Imagine comparing international stars like Jay jay and Kanu with an attention seeking Yoruba man Dbanj, you need deliverance.

He is calling Dbanj grin...Psquare,Don Jazzy, Chimamanda Adichie,etc..

2 Likes

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by disumusa: 12:24am On Apr 24, 2015
let them produce love to other tribe first
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Duru1(m): 12:30am On Apr 24, 2015
Amazo:

With all due respect to the living and dead, mentioning Chinua Achebe (whose claim to prominence is mainly as a successful novelist) as the smartest Nigerian is not only dumb but an insult to Nigeria at large. Even in the world of literature, with all his literary prowess (and no one can deny him this), he still couldn't win a Nobel prize in literature, but guess what, Wole Soyinka is a Nobel laureate. So even, in the Nigerian literary sphere, Achebe was really good but not the best. He might have sold more books (Things Fall Apart) but quality and quantity are different dimensional entities.

Kanu Nwankwo / Jay Jay Okocha as the most popular Nigerians? This in itself is totally laughable. Even Dbanj alone is popular than these two combined grin

I suggest you dwell on something more tangible than the socio-politically induced Nobel prize. No wonder Africans are considered inferior since they cannot identify themselves from a mirror.

2 Likes

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by GreenCap: 1:54am On Apr 24, 2015
igbo president?

by wearing red cap
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by aresa: 3:58am On Apr 24, 2015
[s]
pazienza:

Lol! You are amazed by the Igbo man pride in his achievements right? You go about denigrating him, expecting him to be cowed and roll over, instead you are met with resistance of people filled with sense of group worth and dignity! Haha! Ndo.
[/s]

The only thing I'm amazed at is your stupidity and meaningless rants..
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 24, 2015
Amazo:

I think Jonathan subtly and tactically accomplished a notable feat in the SS (particularly oil producing regions). He empowered its local political militia groups financially and militarily; and I think this was done should in case "One Nigeria" fails, they would have the capacity to prevent outsiders from accessing the oil in their lands. So ibos should take note, you can't build Biafra with SS oil, unless you want Dokubo and fellow militias to do target practice on you.
i do not see how subtlely empowering exmilitants militarily and financially is an advancement for collective yearnings and aspirations of the s.s or niger deltans,afterall the president has been,till this day,receiving bashes frm all quarters for kinda relegating the n.navy to some background..
I got deep roots in edo,a niger deltan state and no roots whatsoever in the s.e. and improving on the niger delta master plan and making moves for the advancement of a true and fiscal federalism and resource control wudda've been a better choice for the niger deltans...and importantly,seriosly,the s.s and niger deltans are solidly behind moves for emancipation in southern nigeria which includes the sw,ss and most importantly,our se brethren,make no mistakes..

For da sw,its just a pity.

@disumusa,we wud rather dissociate ourselves from parasites and traitors...
Viva Biafra
Viva Niger delta
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by disumusa: 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
pls my ss people disasociate from igbos likes other tribe
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by benzion72(m): 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
It is not impossible to produce SE president, but Ndigbo culture is too competitive In this new dispensation Under President Obasanjo when senate presidency was zoned to SE remember the number of Senate president we had in 8 years Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo, Pius Anyim, Adolphus Wabara, ken Nnamani Five in 8 years. While David mark was their for 8 years since 2007. Ibo people like to undermine each other. Also GEJ has spoiled Ibo show nobody will trust them to keep a gentle man agreement again

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 24, 2015
Amazo:

The richest Nigerian is not ibo;
The smartest Nigerian is not ibo;
The most popular Nigerian is not ibo... And I could go on and on. So how are the ibos naturally ahead of all other Nigerian groups in terms of human development? This is just another usual false claim ibos like you make that is devoid of proven and proveable facts. Keep deceiving yourself.
of course,the richest nigerian aint igbo...perharps the likes of dangote and other northerners.
But how many of these made millions n billions without govt's exclusive patronage? The nation's wealth are located more in the deltas,btwn northerners and southerners and niger deltans,who owns da oil wells? Who own most indegenous oil companies n shipping lines? Apart from govt power n support,what other means did super rich northerners like danjuma and mai deribe of bornu acquire oil wells? Be kind enuf to mention owners of oil wells of igbo extraction..

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by omonnakoda: 2:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Why are people trying to heat up the polity with outrageous demands and abominable aspirations.A totally uncalled for clamour that will only lead to tears. We have as a nation agreed that that is not a reasonable thing to do so why are people flogging a dead horse.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by disumusa: 2:48pm On Apr 24, 2015
tell them to stop hatered
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:21am On Apr 25, 2015
Stillfire:

But why is it giving you sleepless nights? grin
We know the people that can only feed themselves if their people are in the 'center', the irony is that majority of that populace will still remain in poverty grin.
The Igbo man does not need the 'center' to feed his family. You guys should stop crying more than the bereaved.
The driving force of any thriving society is entrepreneurship and innovation. The Igbo has that.
You can have the politics. If you say you are the 'change' Nigeria needs, the Buhari government better prove it! Because if I smell any marginalization of my people's business in the East, I will personally pull down the Buhari government! cool
The pen is mightier than the sword! cheesy

Buhari holds that mightier pen! It's not like Nigeria needs or can't do without an ibo president because with the kind of rich diversity of tribes it has, it sure can (and seems better off that way for now). But the issue of an ibo president here is about national contribution: what can the ibo tribe do for the nation besides being parasitic on the system. And if maybe half the ibos share your kind of thinking, then Nigeria probably will never have an ibo president. FYI, I always sleep great.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:28am On Apr 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
Why are people trying to heat up the polity with outrageous demands and abominable aspirations.A totally uncalled for clamour that will only lead to tears. We have as a nation agreed that that is not a reasonable thing to do so why are people flogging a dead horse.

So an ibo presidency can be categorized under the current political ecosystem of Nigeria as an "outrageous demand", "abominable aspiration" or a "tearful expedition"? Hmmm...this calls for a lot of thinking. But with the kind of responses some ibos here are making, I think you might be correct to a large extent. Maybe the ibos will remain in the political shadows, and continue serving as the behind-the-scenes political sidekicks, not because other tribes put them there, but because ibo put themselves there and want to be there - maybe this is all they deserve.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by omonnakoda: 7:33am On Apr 25, 2015
Amazo:

So an ibo presidency can be categorized under the current political ecosystem of Nigeria as an "outrageous demand", "abominable aspiration" of a "tearful expedition"? Hmmm...this calls for a lot of thinking. But with the kind of responses some ibos here are making, I think you might be correct to a large extent. Maybe the ibos will remain in the political shadows, and continue serving as the behind-the-scenes political sidekicks, not because other tribes put them there, but because ibo put themselves there and want to be there - maybe this is all they deserve.
Let us start by asking the sardine why he left the key outside the tin,what is the strategy behind that. An Ibo presidency is not aserious consideration for now or the foreseeable future.Let us not heat up the polity needlessly
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 7:52am On Apr 25, 2015
pazienza:

No one knows Dbanj other than Yorubas! *grins*

P square are more popular than them, check out who leads in you tube views? There is more to popularity than galivanting around the world seeking for cheap popularity.

Wole Soyinka is a man that needs the Nobel prize to be relevant, Achebe was effortlessly relevant without the Nobel prize. He was even Times magazine most influential African man before his death. Haha!

Imagine comparing international stars like Jay jay and Kanu with an attention seeking Yoruba man Dbanj, you need deliverance.

Adolph Hitler was Times Magazine "Man of the Year" in 1938, just to show you how irrelevant and flawed your assessment is; and FYI, in the real world, winning a Nobel Prize holds uncountable weight far above being on the cover of Times Magazine.

YouTube videos This is funny grin. I would think something like performing at the World Bank's Global Citizen Earth Day counts for greater popularity. Last time I was in the backside of faraway South America, I even heard my wealthy Latino neighbor playing "Oliver Twist" by Dbanj. Yet to you, he's an attention seeker? Oh cry me a river grin. Now I did not say Dbanj is the most popular Nigerian. Rather I said he's more popular than Kano Nwakwo and Okocha combined. Hate him all you want, but Dbanj definitely is currently probably as popular as the ibo tribe itself.

But I get it, ibos are naturally tribalistic (and the most tribalistic of all Nigerian tribes).
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 8:03am On Apr 25, 2015
disumusa:
tell them to stop hatered

Yes, they really need to stop it; but the hate they have is mostly on a "subconscious level" and some don't even realize it, while some others deny it. So I think social / religious institutions (like Churches etc) should be commended with what they've done so far, but still there are lots of ibo minds out there that needs resetting from the hateful programming.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 8:10am On Apr 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
Let us start by asking the sardine why he left the key outside the tin,what is the strategy behind that. An Ibo presidency is not aserious consideration for now or the foreseeable future.Let us not heat up the polity needlessly

According to you, this thread is another "rhetorical question". Well, I see you have a very smart point and I agree with you. However, matters like this need to be discussed and contrary to your view, it's not designed to create tension, but rather to diffuse already existing tension.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 8:15am On Apr 25, 2015
Rexxie:

of course,the richest nigerian aint igbo...

This is something we can all agree on.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 8:25am On Apr 25, 2015
benzion72:

It is not impossible to produce SE president, but Ndigbo culture is too competitive In this new dispensation Under President Obasanjo when senate presidency was zoned to SE remember the number of Senate president we had in 8 years Enwerem, Chuba Okadigbo, Pius Anyim, Adolphus Wabara, ken Nnamani Five in 8 years. While David mark was their for 8 years since 2007. Ibo people like to undermine each other. Also GEJ has spoiled Ibo show nobody will trust them to keep a gentle man agreement again

So under the OBJ admin, within 8 years we had 5 different ibo senate presidents; but David Mark (a Benue tribe man) has been the senate president for 8 straight years Wow, this is a brilliant observation. Seems one can deduce from this ibo politicians are politically unstable - why? This further buttresses the fact that if they are serious and really want to earn the highest political office in Nigeria, the ibo political elite need to learn how to play far better politics than what they have been doing.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 8:30am On Apr 25, 2015
GreenCap:
igbo president?

by wearing red cap

This is no time for comedy grin
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 25, 2015
Amazo:

According to you, this thread is another "rhetorical question". Well, I see you have a very smart point and I agree with you. However, matters like this need to be discussed and contrary to your view, it's not designed to create tension, but rather to diffuse already existing tension.

DO YOU KNOW?

- The average Yoruba man ALWAYS see the Ibo man as a factor against his/her progress.

- The average Northerner ALWAYS see the Ibo man as a disturbance.

To be candid, If Ibos present their presidential candidate, I pray majority of them do not get striken by heart attack when they experience the pain of seeing Yorubas vote massively against their son. Please get it right, THAT WE SEE IBOS & YORUBAS INTER-MARRY NOWADAYS MEANS NOTHING. The Germans and French inter-marry, but does that make them friends or enemies?

Social & economic events may somehow bind these two, but take it from me,
when it comes to politics between these two, Yorubas are ready to strike these people dead. If you really need to get a grasp of what I mean, let a northerner contest against an Ibo and lets see where Yorubas will massively sway their votes
. ! It is a wide opinion I have well perceived from my people towards Ibos. They still believe till today that Ibos hate them, hence WHY they cant vote an Ibo man. !![/b]
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 8:42am On Apr 25, 2015
Duru1:

I suggest you dwell on something more tangible than the socio-politically induced Nobel prize. No wonder Africans are considered inferior since they cannot identify themselves from a mirror.

Because Chinua Achebe couldn't win a Nobel Prize, it's socio-politically induced; but had he won it (which himself and supporters put in so much effort to achieve), i'm pretty sure you wouldn't say it's socio-politically induced. And since the ibos haven't been able to win the presidency, it's the same line of thought and you say you're overqualified for it and it's meant for other "inferior" tribes. This is a flawed perspective.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 9:04am On Apr 25, 2015
StBlack1:

DO YOU KNOW?

- The average Yoruba man ALWAYS see the Ibo man as a factor against his/her progress.

- The average Northerner ALWAYS see the Ibo man as a disturbance.

To be candid, If Ibos present their presidential candidate, I pray majority of them do not get striken by heart attack when they experience the pain of seeing Yorubas vote massively against their son. Please get it right, THAT WE SEE IBOS & YORUBAS INTER-MARRY NOWADAYS MEANS NOTHING. The Germans and French inter-marry, but does that make them friends or enemies?

Social & economic events may somehow bind these two, but take it from me,
when it comes to politics between these two, Yorubas are ready to strike these people dead. If you really need to get a grasp of what I mean, let a northerner contest against an Ibo and lets see where Yorubas will massively sway their votes
. ! It is a wide opinion I have well perceived from my people towards Ibos. They still believe till today that Ibos hate them, hence WHY they cant vote an Ibo man. !![/b]

You're right to some extent and it's obvious ibos must really improve their inter-tribal relations with other tribes (major ones in particular) if they will stand any chance of winning the presidency. Considering the peculiar socio-political atmosphere among tribes in Nigeria, inter-tribal trust cannot be automatic, it must be earned. If within the political arena other tribes don't trust the ibos wholeheartedly to wield the ultimate political power in the land, then there must be valid underlying reasons for such a stand.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by omonnakoda: 9:06am On Apr 25, 2015
Amazo:

It is not rhetorical it is redundant. It is a settled question. Why is it a more important question than an Igala,Tiv,Kanuri,Efik.Urhobo or Edo President? That is not apparent to me. Compared to those groups the Ibo presidency clamour is very much at a disadvantage. It is not for others to tell Ibos what might be an upsetting and uncomfortable truth like the rejected suitor it is more dignified to say "no" and leave it at that than to offer an insulting explanation or rationale. The Ibos know the truth.There is no vacancy for an Ibo President

1 Like

Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 9:27am On Apr 25, 2015
CyerSeries:
You are being clever by half..
Which is the poorest region in Nigeria?
Which region has the highest rate of illiteracy in Nigeria?
Which region has the highest rate of diseases in Nigeria?
Which region has least developmental infrastructure in Nigeria?
The list is on and on but answer this ones first..

if you're alluding to the North, then you're disjointed from reality. Come back and ask me these questions, for a start, when there are more tarred roads in the SE than in the North.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 9:35am On Apr 25, 2015
Amazo:

if you're alluding to the North, then you're disjointed from reality. Come back and ask me these questions, for a start, when there are more tarred roads in the SE than in the North.
answer my question? Why are your people so poor and wretched with the highest rate of disease? You are are cursed by your leaders and they've used your brain for ritual that you are not able to see the bigger picture...Can't you sit down think, why are the poorest in all facet of human endeavor in this country?..the day you find answer to this question, that's when your freedom starts..for now, keep wallowing in the camp of mental slavery..
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by oluks05: 9:40am On Apr 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
It is not rhetorical it is redundant. It is a settled question. Why is it a more important question than an Igala,Tiv,Kanuri,Efik.Urhobo or Edo President? That is not apparent to me. Compared to those groups the Ibo presidency clamour is very much at a disadvantage. It is not for others to tell Ibos what might be an upsetting and uncomfortable truth like the rejected suitor it is more dignified to say "no" and leave it at that than to offer an insulting explanation or rationale. The Ibos know the truth.There is no vacancy for an Ibo President

Am a yoruba guy and I don't agree with u! The igbos just need to know how to play their politics and put up a united front. My fear is that when that time comes and I sincerely hope soon there won't be too many "igbo" candidates with none stepping down for the other and there by putting themselves @ a disadvantage!
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2015
omonnakoda:

You have made another brilliant point, which i'll be silent about grin . Well, the topic of this thread is not a "why can't" question; it's a "how can" question - and this is the difference. We're having a civil objective discussion and undoubtedly, "uncomfortable truths" might be stated but only for the greater good and is not meant to denigrade any particular tribe(s).
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2015
CyerSeries:
answer my question? Why are your people so poor and wretched with the highest rate of disease? You are are cursed by your leaders and they've used your brain for ritual that you are not able to see the bigger picture...Can't you sit down think, why are the poorest in all facet of human endeavor in this country?..the day you find answer to this question, that's when your freedom starts..for now, keep wallowing in the camp of mental slavery..

Firstly, let me correct your assumption, i'm not a Northerner. I'm a Nigerian with no tribe. Now let's critically examine the North. In terms of natural resources, it's the region with the largest mineral deposits; in terms of human resources, it's the largest (the recent elections alone are proof and Kano, Kaduna and Katsina alone dwarfed the entire SE grin); in terms of economic prospects, it holds gigantic potential that cannot be ignored and it's a haven for investors (even with all the killings, ibo business people for one have refused to leave the north - and is it not because of the money they're making there, why else?)... So your stereotype about the North being a poor region (economically, socially, infrastructurally...etc) lacks objectivity and holds no merit, and shows how shallow your thought process is. You say they are poor, but I say in Nigeria there are probably more Hausa millionaires than ibos; and there are likely more Hausa billionaires than ibos - so maybe you should define "poor people" from a logical perspective.
Highest disease rate you say Yet another illogical statement. The North has been and still is the agricultural backbone of Nigeria, and it would interest you to note that it is largely unmechanized farming and primitive agricultural methods of extreme physical labor are still employed. Would this be possible if Northerners are widely as diseased as you claim? And in terms of a tribe having a healthy population, come back and talk to me after the average ibo man stops drinking averagely 6 bottles of beer every night.
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by CyerSeries: 11:17am On Apr 25, 2015
Amazo:

Firstly, let me correct your assumption, i'm not a Northerner. I'm a Nigerian with no tribe. Now let's critically examine the North. In terms of natural resources, it's the region with the largest mineral deposits; in terms of human resources, it's the largest (the recent elections alone are proof and Kano, Kaduna and Katsina alone dwarfed the entire SE grin); in terms of economic prospects, it holds gigantic potential that cannot be ignored and it's a haven for investors (even with all the killings, ibo business people for one have refused to leave the north - and is it not because of the money they're making there, why else?)... So your stereotype about the North being a poor region (economically, socially, infrastructurally...etc) lacks objectivity and holds no merit, and shows how shallow your thought process is. You say they are poor, but I say in Nigeria there are probably more Hausa millionaires than ibos; and there are likely more Hausa billionaires than ibos - so maybe you should define "poor people" from a logical perspective.
Highest disease rate you say Yet another illogical statement. The North has been and still is the agricultural backbone of Nigeria, and it would interest you to note that it is largely unmechanized farming and primitive agricultural methods of extreme physical labor are still employed. Would this be possible if Northerners are widely as diseased as you claim? And in terms of a tribe having a healthy population, come back and talk to me after the average ibo man stops drinking averagely 6 bottles of beer every night.
why are you ashamed to mention your tribe this wretched foool? Talk your tribe let's start from there..Why talking about Igbo? Go and solve your problem this ediot.. angry
Re: How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? by Amazo: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2015
CyerSeries:
why are you ashamed to mention your tribe this wretched foool? Talk your tribe let's start from there..Why talking about Igbo? Go and solve your problem this ediot.. angry

Hahahahahahaha, your mental deficiency is amusing grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Govs Call For Sack Of Mu’azu, NWC Members / Osinbajo, Governors Meet At Aso Rock / Felix Ibru Buried In Ughelli (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.