Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,572 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (104128 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
I have 3 real Igbo friends that are my close friends... please get the facts right. Let me break it down.

* There was a coup d'état in January 15, 1966 led by Maj. Kaduna Nzeogwu (Igbo) which consisted of mostly Igbo majors that killed Northern and South western govt officials (politicians). NO Igbo or South Easterner was killed! 13 men were killed () here is the link online - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

* There was a counter coup d'état led by by Lt Colonel Murtala Muhammed which consisted of Northern military officials because the Head of State (General Aguiyi Ironsi) refused to punish the Igbo Majors that killed the Northerners, 2 men were killed (General Aguiyi Ironsi and Lt Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_counter-coup

* After the counter coup, the Northerners in the North still were not satisfied that the coup plotters who murdered Prime Minister Abubakar Balewa & Premier Ahmadu Bello were still alive so they started killing Igbos in the north - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_anti-Igbo_pogrom

* Instead of Ojukwu to insist on a diplomatic solution (like increasing security in the North), tracking down the northerners that killed the innocent Igbos in the north and ensuring that those Igbo majors are sentenced for staging a coup, what the coward bast@rd do? Declare war... and caused the death of over 1 million of his own tribes men... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

There was/is no conspiracy against Igbos, the issue was how the stu..pid man called Ojukwu handled an issue that should have not descended into war... please read up on those links i posted.

plaetton:

Exactly.
Nigerians would rather live as slaves and caged animals, than to stand up and fight for something.
The greatest revolutions in history were won against incredible odds.

Imagine these boys, whom, for all their lives, have fought for nothing and will fight for nothing, having the guts to mock brave men, whom despite the odds against them, stood up , fought for and died for something.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 26, 2015
somegirl1:

I'm pretty sure Effiong who fought on the Biafran side was from a place in the area now known as SS. SS is not a classification reserved for Edo and Delta groups.

okay I hear u, keep deceiving urself, even during the way a Yoruba man was a Biafra colonel, does tat mean Yoruba's were biafrans ?.. na FORCE ?, we nor want,,, shuooooo,

any little tin Niggas b looking for way to attach SS, Lol, wadooo

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 26, 2015
DukeNija:

What about the prostitutes in your family, are they also Igbo's? undecided

MY FAMILY IS A RESPECTABLE YORUBA FAMILY, IM FROM A ROYAL ONE,

WE HAVE NO B.I..TCHES ,

WAT ARE U EVEN PROUD OF

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by 1stola: 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
Mortiple:
Truth is bitter but must be told; in terms of gallantry and bravery Yorubas are not at same pedestree with Ndigbo. They are not supposed to talk where Igbos are talking in this regard. They are and will forever remain cow-wards! grin

All they do well is talk the talk. Their cowardice aftermath of June 12 is still fresh in my memory.

What has happened since the war ended? Ndigbo are conquering Nigeria ECONOMICALLY from city to city. grin grin
Once upon a time, there was a warlord named odumegwu
Ikemba Ojukwu. He wrongly fought for the disintegration of
Nigeria by trying to carve out a biafran territory. This action
led to a civil war and ojukwu's actions led to the death of
millions igbos. Instead of standing by them to fight and
defend them, he fled cowardly to ivory coast on exile. The
actions of the civil war are still unforgiven by the igbos till
today. They forgot the then head of state was under a
mandate to protect the territorial integrity of Nigeria. Since
the head of state was a northerner, igbos have Since hated
the north and Yoruba's. They are the major followers of this
administration even though its obvious that its not
performing. They prefer to suffer and live in penury than
vote for the right change. This is why they consider buhari
as a wrong candidates whereas had APC presented a young hausa/yoruba in his 40's, they will still label him no good.
This is just to educate the ignorant ones about the reason
why the igbos decided to follow Jonathan like a fly following a corpse to the grave.
Shame catch dem. GMB don win tongue

6 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nworanco(m): 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
OgagaMic:

So to ur widest imagination an Urhobo man will support ur Biafra, even then d Midwestern Governor then was an Urhobo man and u know d story, 80% of SS where on Nigeria's side, do u think an itsekiri or isoko or Edo or ijaw will support u, keep deceiving urself we the real SS jst dey Look una 4 3D, waiting d day u claim us to b Biafra , # pls note the IjaWS used u in this just concluded election , do u know what an average Ijaw man think of u guys ,

don't wanna argue with u, since u say we Urhobo were among ur Biafra soldier I did better say okay so u b happy

U ARE NOT A SOUTHERNER SO KEEP SHORT OF UR DECAYED MOUTH , FOOL.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by fineworker24(m): 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
ezeagu:
These guys, 'bird chest' and all, held off the Nigerian army for more than two years with sticks and stones. Nigeria should continually thank Britain, Egypt and Russia, if not for them there'd be no Nigeria.
Please point of correction, it wasn't Russia rather it was USSR.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nwaanambra1(m): 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
OgagaMic:

[size=18pt]ogA a beg try remove SS cous my grand father was a Nigeria army, an Urhobo man during the war , same goes to d isoko, itsekiri, ijaw,.... Edo.... [/size]

THANKS so much did b grateful if u jst put only SE tanks

THIS OP PROVED ME RIGHT!

WE STOOD ALONE - SURROUNDED BY FRIENEMIES! AND YET WE STOOP TO CONQUER!

AND SOME SO-CALLED IGBOS WILL COME ON THIS FORUM AND PROUDLY CALL AND IJAWMAN OR AN ITSEKIRI MAN HIS BROTHER! THESE ARE THE TRIBES THAT DEALT US THE DEEPEST CUT IN OUR STRUGGLE FOR SURVIVAL!

I WILL RATHER ASSOCIATE WITH AN HAUSA MAN - WHOM I KNOW WE ARE ENEMIES BUT RESPECT EACH OTHERS MIGHT THAN ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH ALL THESE OTHER ETHNIC TRIBES IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH! THEY HATE THE IGBOS MORE THAN THE YORUBAS AND THE HAUSA HATE US! angry
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Halimi24: 9:21pm On Apr 26, 2015
nworanco:

Ewu Hausa did ur forefathers abided to Aburi accord? I thought ur were intelligent but defeated intelligently by educated Ojukwu, was far intelligent and educated than awolowo and the whole of northerners ur forefathers.
we are not discussing my forefathers
If u av notin 2 say
SHUT UP!!!!!!
IRRITANTS!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by cntabs(m): 9:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
this shouldn't be on front page.
one Nigeria. and for Igbo asking for separation, just know that we stand to lose the most. that's the fact don't stay in the south east and cause trouble for us in other parts of nigeria.

our parents who experienced d war don't want it while some elements who no nothing of war are here beating drums.

the truth of d matter is that Ojukwu was to blame for the deaths of Igbos. azikiwe didn't support the war. We should objectively look at the war and know who was d true hero/zero. after causing so much suffering he ran away. God will judge sha.

we better make something out of Nigeria instead of fighting for a dead dream. things will be much worse.

I repeat that we are the ones gaining the most from this so called forced union.
"nganga" that's our problem.

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by chib4true(m): 9:23pm On Apr 26, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:
just say igbo's they all will run for cowards .

rusty brown roof cowards brains .

alias crying soldier clan .babalawo clowns . grin grin grin
and you think that you've made a point?onye iberibe

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by xtervaganza(m): 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
cupid1:
history really isn't really your strong suit. Pick up a book about the civil war and read it instead of depending on redundant info you may have gotten from your father who was nowhere near the fighting. Do you mean to tell me that nigeria had the oppourtunity to wipe out Biafra and didn't ? Dat would be really dumb of them. And for ur information, none of our women were raped, they'd rather die than have a yoruba or hausa d*ck in dem by force. Their husbands had the good sense to move them out of the area before the enemy advanced, the few that died were from air strikes
P.S: i don't see why nigerian army should be called heroes just because more than 250 ethnic groups joined forces to fight one group. And the people in the south-west, naturally being cowards, ran and hid at the first sight of war while my brave fathers went out and met the war head first and would have won if not for the deception of the south-south.
hahahaha you make me really laugh. They let the war drag on cos they were laying with your father's destiny and life. To the Nigerian army it was never a war, it was more of thrill seeking to them and I have people who fought or rather killed biafra cowards during the war.

As for calling Yorubas cowards; well we know those who refer to a runaway zero a hero.

Anyway

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
afrika:

Education cannot make us intelligent when we can't totally behave like the people that formed education. Then of what use is it after education, we still behave tribalistical in thought and judgement

yea in as much as I appreciate ur reply without any insult attach to it, I still wanna correct d feelings some Niggas do av abt d war,

d war is over let's live and 4get abt d past, #GEjMyhero

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ohenhen1: 9:24pm On Apr 26, 2015
They looked hungry. How can you fight on an empty stomach, I see no meat, just bone,

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by galadima77(m): 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
read the comments and imagine what the thread was aimed to achieve...

please what's the igbos so bitter about till this moment?

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by omoadeleye(m): 9:25pm On Apr 26, 2015
Vicotex:
And these guys held the lazy NA for years.
Nigeria should be thankful to other countries that helped them

but France and Isreal provides weapon for both combatant,
so what are you talking about??

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by iiiyyyk(m): 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
dokyOloye:
Mali,Chad,Niger republic all fought alongside d hausa/fulani vandals.
OIC,Arab league etc were all arming d vandals.
It is on record that all d pilots who were bombing Biafran civilians were all Egyptians,hausa/Fulani and their oily soup slaves could not boast of even 1 pilot.

with the supply of millitary hard wares from Uk, Arab league, Russia Etc,
yet they only resorted to blockade and starvation to win the war.
yet nigeria lost more soldiers than biafra.
abokis were busy killing civilians, starving women and children. Co.wards.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Halimi24: 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
somegirl1:

You fail to understand my point.
What if we are incorrigible? Or do not view ourselves as having any flaws?
Why can't you choose to lose these irritants?
Nigeria would be better off with them, wouldn't it?
d igbos bad attitude attracts negativity towards dem
If only they can stop being so arrogantly ignorant&stop trying 2 sabotage ngr no one in naija would av issues wit dem
But dis will continue 2 be a pipe dream cos d igbos like u've said in ur post are incapable of humility
If I come 2 ur street&begin 2 play loud music&speak loudly will u like it?
D igbos are IRRITANTS!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by joeyfire(m): 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2015
MadCow1:

Also remember that it wasn't until the last months of the war that the Nigerian Army stepped up their fight, before then, they were handled with the same gloves Jonathan was handling Boko Haram.

Just my take.

Kid gloves my left foot. Do you know that Murtala muhammed lost almost 10,000 men massacred in three days trying to capture onitsha at the beginning of the war?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by osystein(m): 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
They look great, they would have taken care of boko,

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by mcyemite(m): 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
They were defeated almost immediately. Ojukwu in his pride chose to play games with civilian lives and refused to surrender.Thank God the Nigerian Army were professional and not inclined to genocide
almost immediately?? You mean a war that lasted for 2 years 6 months 3 weeks and two days almost immediately??pls take time and read your countries history..even tho they look unfed they fought better than trained Nigerian soldiers..mind you ain't an igbo.just do without saying how much I respect the biafrans for their courage..

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Humblebloke(m): 9:27pm On Apr 26, 2015
Again!... Una no dey tire??

I guess its time these tribal-easts* get the biafra they keep clamouring for

Soldier go.... Soldier come......... Barrack stil remains!!!

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Tex42(m): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
My Heroes.

Gat love for you brothers.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by fineworker24(m): 9:28pm On Apr 26, 2015
superstar1:
No wonder over 3million lives were wasted.

How can you face T72 tanks with cassava sticks?

If this is heroism to some people, it is sheer stupidity from the point of view of more rational minds.
It might interest you to know that cassava sticks resisted your T72 tanks for 3 years. That's very shameful on the side of your T72 tanks.
If that is not heroism, then heroism can be better defined that Nigeria invited Britain, Egypt, Yugoslavia, USSR, Egypt, Ethiopia to help them fight their enemies with cassava sticks.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by illiad1(m): 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
Being an Igbo man/woman makes one a STAR by default in Nigeria. We are the centre of attraction. The HausaFulanis and their Yorubas slaves can't stop watching their backs even forty years after the war. God simply made us a higher specie. That's why we move like a Train with the speed of light. They can't simply fathom how we do what we do. Its the Lords doing and its marvelous in their eyes.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war and forty years of HausaFulanis ruling and ruining the contraption called nigeria the north remains the poorest region, with half of their population engaged in their best known profession, begging arms with leprosy hands.

Doesn't it beat your imagination that forty years after the war irrespective of all awolowo did to suppress the progress of Ndigbo after the war, Ndigbo lives in better part of lagos and eats well cooked three square meals daily while yorubas live in boys quarters and drink garri all day.

My advice to yorubas is this. If you so hate the Igbo man for being blessed, do what your father awolowo did; HANG YOURSELVES.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ENDTIMES: 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Now, they will claim say na awolowo starve them. Shey the people wey i dey see so no dey starve before? grin grin

Yeye people.

How can you call them "yeye people"?

Please take back your words and apologize immediately!
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
negroG:
Coward, this year will be anoda war, u better start to run nw like ur father, anoda biafra war is inevitable, if don't like it go and die, our forfather dat fought and die in biafra war we wil remember them dis year in may 30, chukwu abiama is our God, and He is with us dis tym, no force will stop us dis tym around
Lol! Narrow minded people.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by omonnakoda: 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
mcyemite:
almost immediately?? You mean a war that lasted for 2 years 6 months 3 weeks and two days almost immediately??pls take time and read your countries history..even tho they look unfed they fought better than trained Nigerian soldiers..mind you ain't an igbo.just do without saying how much I respect the biafrans for their courage..
That was not war taking so long just a care to minimize civilian loses. We were not seeking to annihilate the Eboes if we did tht who will sell Okrika?

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by eaglechild: 9:29pm On Apr 26, 2015
eaglechild:
This thread will soon hit 20 pages.

12 to go.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by anigold(m): 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
ludamix:
Pictured are Biafra "soldiers" undergoing routine drills at a military training camp near Owerri in August 1968 during the Civil War. After the Igbos claimed to have suffered through years of suppression under Nigeria’s military government, the breakaway state of Biafra proclaimed its independence from Nigeria which led to the infamous war between Nigeria and Biafra in July 1967.

Photo Credit: AP

Most of these young boys were lead to their early grave by the egoistic Ojukwu.. eventhore my Dad fought for biafra am never proud of it...

I dont think Ojukwu was fighting for a just cause..

Just like when millions of your German boys lost their lifes due to Hitler's madness of trying to rule the world...

PEACE WINS AND WAR LOSSES ALWAYS..

4 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nwaanambra1(m): 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
nworanco:

NWORA SORRY TO SAY THIS - YOU ARE ACTUALLY THE BIGGEST FOOL!

TRUTH IS LOOKING YOU IN THE FACE BUT YOU FIND IT HARD TO ACCEPT IT. I GUESS YOU ARE NOT MORE THAN 25 YEARS OLD CAUSE IF YOU ARE, YOUR FATHER - IF HE TRULY IS AN IGBOMAN WOULD AV TOLD YOU THIS VERY STATEMENT BY OGAGAMIC.

THEY ARE ACTUALLY THE ONES THAT CONSPIRED AND HELPED THE THE INVADERS TO DEFEAT US.

I HATE THE SOUTH-SOUTHERNERS MORE THAN ANY OTHER ETHNICITY IN NIGERIA! AM SOOO GLAD I VIGOROUSLY CAMPAIGNED AGAINST THEIR SON! cool grin

YOU SEE - THEY STILL SEE US IGBOS AS FOOLS FOR MASSIVELY SUPPORTING THE IJAWS! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 26, 2015
nworanco:

Lol,, okay Ooo, am nt a southerner, Lol, keep deceiving urself, if u like call me awusa or yoloba na u sabi spoke my mind,

#leave us alone, I bet u more non Igbo SS gonna join the discussion lemme see hw u categories us as non southerners, i jst know tat wat u re going to say,

ogA compensate urself I b Hausa boy, my mom na folani, my uncle na Nupe..... FOOLSSS

Any SS tat says his mind automatically becomes an awusa boy
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nwaanambra1(m): 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
IYANGBALI:
yawns

YOUR JAW GO SOON CRACK! OSHI! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Ademola Adeleke's WAEC Result & Testimonial Released By Ede Muslim High School / Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.