Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (104137 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by baybeeboi: 8:50pm On Apr 26, 2015
ahaz:
yet they held u people for three years with ur coward father's crying like babies when being caught screening egba MI o, ori iya mi o
nd they won?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
vickerz:

i cant blame you, olosho, prostitute, come to my town, we f..uck igbo girls for as low as 400, u think im a low life? lol, empty vessels make most noise..

u are judging my d.p? lol

dat pic was taken at the house of my Igbo b..itch..

u better go back to ur "creeks"

mtcheww, i just dont knw wat u igbo people are proud of,

kidnapping?
armed robbery?
rituals,

PROSTITUTION?
abeg, lo joor, by the looks of ur pic sef, i Behind past u
hahaha grin grin,e pain am ooo.
i can see its a thing of pride an immense achievement for a yourobber to fvck an igbo girl,thats why that ur bastard leader FFK keeps on bragging about it.why cant u pple stick to ur own women

9 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
teeowl:
That is the thing that irritates me when they try to paint Ojukwu as a hero.... listen up Igbo boys and girls --- A MILITARY HERO DOES NOT RUN AWAY FROM A WAR DRESSED AS A BI.T.CH WOMAN!

abi nw, they call him a HERO, to me he is a phedophile, those guys think we cant do without them, lets see how they can survive without us,

BIAFRA MY ASS.

4 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by xtervaganza(m): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
joeyfire:

Hogwash. They bled the NA silly almost unarmed. Till today the FG hasn't been bold enough to give a figure of the number of Nigerian troops killed in the war
they bled the Nigerian Army so much the whole of south west was clean and safe. The whole of North was safe and the whole east was shambles and bore a picture of a deserted hell hole.

They bled the Nigerian Army so much the biafra warlord bearded terrorist fled and sent his man tails between legs to surrender in shame

What ever makes you sleep

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by tobtap: 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
Leez:

Loooool
Anoda yoooroooober clown
Biafra dead??ahahaahahahahahhahahaahaa
The name alone strikes fear in yoooroooooobers hikhikhik
am sure you are a DROP-OUT

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by kuuljay(m): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
those who were involved and witnessed it don't talk about it only the young ones who are naive would wish for such a thing to repeat

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by maum: 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
Maser:
What's the purpose of this thread?

Why try to generate bad blood amd ethnic bashing?

#StopTheHate! Let us unite and love each other no matter the past!

I think we should do well to always remind ourselves of our history.
You need to know where you're coming from in order to know where you're going to.

It pains me sometimes that there's no proper documentation of Sub-Saharan African race and our lifestyle before the coming of the Europeans.
100 years from now, some countries will have rich stories and histories to tell their children and we want to let ours slide? Every part of history matters and once in a whole should be talked about as not to allow it die.

Do you know that a very high percentage of Nigerians don't know really how the war happened because parents were shielding the story and avoidING creating bad blood.

My father has never for a day told me of his own volition about his experience in the war, all I know is that he revered Ikemba so much that we learned early enough not to say a word to interrupt the news if Ikemba was shown, mentioned On TV or if he was giving a speech.

I learnt from someone else that he lost 5 siblings to the war. I also know that growing up, there were documentaries, cassettes and lots of books he owned on the Biafran war. Most of my knowledge came from those which will never make up for first hand experience and stories.

Our history is our history, as much as we're avoiding creating bad blood, posterity will not judge us right if we let this all-important part of Nigerian history die and our children to rely on books written by a few Nigerians and foreigners to know about the Nigerian-Biafran war. Some of us can.recount the World war stories, know the facts, data and statistics more than we do this that affected us specially.

To serve our Fatherland
With love and strength and faith
The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain!

O God of creation, direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youth the truth to know!

God bless Nigeria!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by NTUEGBE(m): 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
The dream must surely come to actulize
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by baybeeboi: 8:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
tunde1200:
do you know if kenyans and Ethiopians are in this forum?
angry grin
that na dia business oo,i no send them make them resemble biafran soldiers

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by emmymdk: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Now, they will claim say na awolowo starve them. Shey the people wey i dey see so no dey starve before? grin grin

Yeye people.

Cockish Brain... u no get sense
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by negroG(m): 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
njays24:
Anytime I read stories about the biafran war,I remember the stories my mum. Always tells us about how my grandfather took all his children from sapele in Delta through the bushes to Cameron and finally to abidjan after 6months in the war,then my mum was in secondary school. It was a frightening experience and that's why she always prays that there should not be war again. She said the Nigerian soldiers were mostly hausas and yorubas who were always shooting upwards,while the biafran soldier were sharp shooters(laughs). I have never seen war and I don't pray for it,its not a good experience.
Coward, this year will be anoda war, u better start to run nw like ur father, anoda biafra war is inevitable, if don't like it go and die, our forfather dat fought and die in biafra war we wil remember them dis year in may 30, chukwu abiama is our God, and He is with us dis tym, no force will stop us dis tym around
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by deltateam: 8:52pm On Apr 26, 2015
PassingShot:
I doubt if these people holding sticks were military boys.

And if they were, they were deceived or forced into committing suicide by Ojukwu.

Deceived? You are dumber than I thought. Northern Nigeria committed genocide against the igbos and this is all your dumb brain can articulate?

Ojukwu remains a hero!
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Halimi24: 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
somegirl1:

Why not? Thought Igbos were despised. Wouldn't it be good riddance?
No one despises igbos
U guys are d ones bringing all dis hate on urselves
U are not a humble lot @ all
Always luking down on odas
U guys are always talking craaaaaap abt odas
HUMBLE URSELVES U IRRITANTS!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Laid2001: 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
Boko boys have already held off the Nigerian army which included the descendants of those stick wielding guys for six years now and still counting.
Nigerian Army even tried one of those guys you see in stick as the chief of Army staff but to no avail!

Thanks to God, Change has arrived to defeat those bastard boko boys!

cupid1:
All of you insulting them cos of their stature and the sticks they're carrying should stop for a moment to think. If they could hold off the Nigerian Army who had foreign help for more than two years with just sticks and a few Awka made Guns, just imagine what they could have done with real ammunition. I rep Biafra- Land Of The Rising Sun

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by somegirl1: 8:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
tobtap:

i dont HATE anyone undecided .... believe me i dont duel on petty issues like dat

Great to know.
Appears a good number of people view Igbos as domineering and crime-prone among other vices. I think the best way to deal with such troublesome people is to push them out of the country, force them to form a country by themselves.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Yujin(m): 8:54pm On Apr 26, 2015
You can continue taunting the Igbos but mark this one day you will regret all these. Europeans learnt their lesson after the second world war as 55million laid dead. Igbos are in tens of millions and are very resourceful. Keep denigrating them and get what you want. Some of us don't talk but are just patient observing what so called compatriots throw at us with such venom. One thing I've learnt from Nigerians is that in war all is justified. I've put it to heart.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by plaetton: 8:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
ezeagu:
That is why till this day Nigeria remains a shit hole, because no one is willing to die for a cause for the worthless failed state.

Exactly.
Nigerians would rather live as slaves and caged animals, than to stand up and fight for something.
The greatest revolutions in history were won against incredible odds.

Imagine these boys, whom, for all their lives, have fought for nothing and will fight for nothing, having the guts to mock brave men, whom despite the odds against them, stood up , fought for and died for something.

11 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by shiki(m): 8:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
PentiumPro:

Lol @ cassava sticks
Make una no kill me for NL With laff ooooo

I admire dis babe kiss
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 26, 2015
CheeNayNay:

hahaha grin grin,e pain am ooo.
i can see its a thing of pride an immense achievement for a yourobber to fvck an igbo girl,thats why that ur bastard leader FFK keeps on bragging about it.why cant u pple stick to ur own women

blame ur girls for being so cheap.. u guys can pack my s.hiiit for money, i dont regard ur people as hustlers/ survivors, i see them as thieves and scammers,

GRAB SOME DIGNITY BEFORE BRAGGING HERE JOOR..

BIAFRA KO,

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by basilo101: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
These are d ppl who finished a clueless batallion of nigerian army at Abagana with ogbunigwe, a Biafran made bomb
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by somegirl1: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Halimi24:
No one despises igbos
U guys are d ones bringing all dis hate on urselves
U are not a humble lot @ all
Always luking down on odas
U guys are always talking craaaaaap abt odas
HUMBLE URSELVES U IRRITANTS!!!!!!!!

What if we can't humble ourselves? What if we try but are simply incapable of doing that?
Shouldn't we be punished by being forced to break away from Nigeria to form our own country since we are such a nuisance?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Ogatitus: 8:56pm On Apr 26, 2015
Roland17:
THE MODERATOR WHO PUT THIS THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE MUST BE SUSPENDED OR MADE TO ISSUE AN UNRESERVED PUBLIC APOLOGY, WE ARE PREACHING PEACE DURING THIS CRITICAL PERIOD OF OUR NATIONS TRANSITION, YET THIS DUMBO OF A MODERATOR DEEMS IT FIT TO INCITE HATE AMONGST US.

Nairaland promoting #igbohatred since 1820.

Seun really disappoints on this regard
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by PentiumPro(f): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
shiki:

I admire dis babe kiss
It's a crime oooo, stop admiring another man property tongue
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by xtervaganza(m): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
Billyonaire:
The OP is mischievous, there is no facial resembrance there to depict any of those kids as Igbos or other Biafran soldiers of the SS/SE Biafrans. My Dad was one of the gallant men that navigated the bushes and gave us the hope that we must fight oppressions of all forms. One wonders why I am a fighter in life, its in the DNA. We have conquered Lagos economically, we are conquering Abuja commercially and very soon we will conquer the whole of Africa ..."money-cally". We are talking money and you are talking nonsense.

Learn survival from the Igbos, stop hating on the Biafrans. We are survivors and we are victorious conquerors. We win, and we take your women, your wine and your economy.
now you want to disown your people b os they are losers?

Losing is already in your DNA so no need to drag that with you, you already confirmed was a loser and you his son will also die a loser

By the way I see how your brothers are conquering Africa in each and every African countries prison.

Oponu

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nworanco(m): 8:57pm On Apr 26, 2015
PassingShot:
I doubt if these people holding sticks were military boys.

And if they were, they were deceived or forced into committing suicide by Ojukwu.

Ur illiterate and cowardice forefathers such as Awolowo are the ones being by Hausa's so called Oligarchy.

U monkey don't u know that IKEMBA will feed ur linage forever. Ewu Hausa.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by abatically(m): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
Roland17:
THE MODERATOR WHO PUT THIS THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE MUST BE SUSPENDED OR MADE TO ISSUE AN UNRESERVED PUBLIC APOLOGY, WE ARE PREACHING PEACE DURING THIS CRITICAL PERIOD OF OUR NATIONS TRANSITION, YET THIS DUMBO OF A MODERATOR DEEMS IT FIT TO INCITE HATE AMONGST US.
U can't really blame the mods. We should learn to be tolerant and forget all these tribal hate. How are we better than south Africa? When we go abroad we complain about racism against the whites, when in truth we hate ourselves even more than the whites hate us. If Nigeria was to be like USA, I am very sure we can never be peaceful as there will be too much hate among us that we won't even tolerate foreigners like the USA give out visa lottery every year, do u think Nigerians would allow that if the table was to turn?

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
What pains me about the Biafra war is that over 1 million innocent Igbo civilians died! Seriously if my actions is going to lead to the death of anybody apart from myself, then I would NOT take that action!

Yet the flat headed people keep chanting Biafra and Ojukwu!

Ojukwu is an idi0t! And the Igbos chanting Ojukwu and Biafra are bigger Idi0ts!! He could have suggested a diplomatic solution... BUT no... the mumu Igbo man decided to declare war... How many rounds of bullet the Ojukwu shoot... NONE... he was protected by zombie Igbo men that believed in his nonsense ambition.

vickerz:

abi nw, they call him a HERO, to me he is a phedophile, those guys think we cant do without them, lets see how they can survive without us,

BIAFRA MY ASS.

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Chanchit: 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
CheeNayNay:
;Dits good you agree.

Lol! Yoruba people would say"eje ka pe were loko'yawo, ke je ka ronalo" I know you might be able to translate this since you've lived all ur life in lagos, but incase you can't let me still help you. It means: let's call a mad man the groom, so he would let us pass. That's what you just did. You were happy I agreed with ur false claims, in other words you are the mad woman in adage.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ezeagu(m): 8:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
plaetton:

Exactly.
Nigerians would rather live as slaves and caged animals, than to stand up and fight for something.
The greatest revolutions in history were won against incredible odds.

Imagine these boys, whom, for all their lives, have fought for nothing and will fight for nothing, having the guts to mock brave men, whom despite the odds against them, stood up , fought for and died for something.

And people in a zoo can never understand the honour in that, because they are trapped, what? Zoo Animals.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by xtervaganza(m): 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
CheeNayNay:
see this yourobber ediot that claimed he was from yemen the other day...
*you people amount to nothing thats why most of u are in denial of being yourobber grin,its no wonder why so many of you here use igbo names as monikers pretending to be who they are not.
those men u just insulted fought solely against nigeria,britain and other world powers...thats BRAVERY!!
No man dead or alive in your entire lineage can even boast of killing a rat.chest beating coward!!
calm your tits b1tch, the same anger led to your father's destruction

The same anger led your mother's to being r@ped like the wh0res they are during the war

You want us to kill 3 million more?

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Halimi24: 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
emmykk:
the igbo still remain the most successful tribe in nigeria evil after the war.they still traverse the lenght and breath of nigeria with their businesses and presence

Not like the fear fear yorubas.
u claim u want ur own country yet u continue residing&opening hotel biznesses everywhere in ngr d country u claim 2 hate or is it hates u again??
If u really want ur own country why not just reside in d SE&open ur biznesses dere
Instead of making urselves a nuisance everywhere u go in ngr&d world @ large??

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 26, 2015
SirShymexx:

Boko Haram has held naij for over 4 years now.

Don't take sticks and stones to a gun fight next time.

I guess that was why that war was so one-sided, with Biafra not making any gains, once the Nigerian side started fighting.

You lot are just lucky Nigeria didn't go for the kill.

Be wise next time.

I hope you are not trying to compare the guerilla war of BH with the conventional war fought by Biafran soldiers. They ain't the same in any way. Moreover, Nigeria got foreign aids making the defeat easier for them, while Biafra had none. I'm not trying to justify starting the war, anyway.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Ademola Adeleke's WAEC Result & Testimonial Released By Ede Muslim High School / Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.