Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,659 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (104132 Views)

How Nigerian Soldiers At The Battlefield Communicate With Their Commanders. PICS / The 92 Armed Herdsmen Arrested By Soldiers At Check-points (Photos) / How My Troops Stopped Biafran Soldiers At Ore —col. Iluyomade (rtd) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by iiiyyyk(m): 9:32pm On Apr 26, 2015
The fought because they know this what nigeria can offer.
word renown lagos city

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by ichidodo: 9:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
vickerz:

igbo girls ugly pass, they are sooo cheap..
Yes but it is a common cultural achievement in yorubaland when the men rush to marry them....we believe tis closest to marrying a white,you know, so as to kill off the stolid,stale yoruba genes from their future offsprings..Go figure Yemi Alade..

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by IYANGBALI: 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
nwaanambra1:

YOUR JAW GO SOON CRACK! OSHI! cheesy
looooooooooooooooong yawns
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by joeyfire(m): 9:34pm On Apr 26, 2015
nwaanambra1:

THIS OP PROVED ME RIGHT!

WE STOOD ALONE - SURROUNDED BY FRIENEMIES! AND YET WE STOOP TO CONQUER!

AND SOME SO-CALLED IGBOS WILL COME ON THIS FORUM AND PROUDLY CALL AND IJAWMAN OR AN ITSEKIRI MAN HIS BROTHER! THESE ARE THE TRIBES THAT DEALT US THE DEEPEST CUT IN OUR STRUGGLE FOR SURVIVAL!

I WILL RATHER ASSOCIATE WITH AN HAUSA MAN - WHOM I KNOW WE ARE ENEMIES BUT RESPECT EACH OTHERS MIGHT THAN ASSOCIATE MYSELF WITH ALL THESE OTHER ETHNIC TRIBES IN THE SOUTH-SOUTH! THEY HATE THE IGBOS MORE THAN THE YORUBAS AND THE HAUSA HATE US! angry

Whenever you feel this way remember philip effiong of blessed memory

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by M4gunners: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
cupid1:
All of you insulting them cos of their stature and the sticks they're carrying should stop for a moment to think. If they could hold off the Nigerian Army who had foreign help for more than two years with just sticks and a few Awka made Guns, just imagine what they could have done with real ammunition. I rep Biafra- Land Of The Rising Sun
Well said. We continue the struggle until the World recognise us.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by chmod777: 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
No need to act like a child. Only ask Babangida where he got wonded that worries him today. Only if muritala was alive he could have told you more. It indeed seems clear the inferiority other tribes have over igbos. Whenever igbo issue is brought up, people swifty want to talk them down .no week on Nairaland without igbo. During previous elections, it was "igbos are not one minded. They all hate themselves bla bla." Now the came as one to support GEJ and he won in 2011, no one said they were smart. Now just because GEJ lost it has translated to abuse on igbos where there are over 20million who never cared to vote.

Some people will actually wake up one day and be surprised where Igbos are

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nworanco(m): 9:35pm On Apr 26, 2015
teeowl:
I have 3 real Igbo friends that are my close friends... please get the facts right. Let me break it down.

* There was a coup d'état in January 15, 1966 led by Maj. Kaduna Nzeogwu (Igbo) which consisted of mostly Igbo majors that killed Northern and South western govt officials (politicians). NO Igbo or South Easterner was killed! 13 men were killed () here is the link online - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

* There was a counter coup d'état led by by Lt Colonel Murtala Muhammed which consisted of Northern military officials because the Head of State (General Aguiyi Ironsi) refused to punish the Igbo Majors that killed the Northerners, 2 men were killed (General Aguiyi Ironsi and Lt Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_counter-coup

* After the counter coup, the Northerners in the North still were not satisfied that the coup plotters who murdered Prime Minister Abubakar Balewa & Premier Ahmadu Bello were still alive so they started killing Igbos in the north - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_anti-Igbo_pogrom

* Instead of Ojukwu to insist on a diplomatic solution (like increasing security in the North), tracking down the northerners that killed the innocent Igbos in the north and ensuring that those Igbo majors are sentenced for staging a coup, what the coward bast@rd do? Declare war... and caused the death of over 1 million of his own tribes men... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

There was/is no conspiracy against Igbos, the issue was how the stu..pid man called Ojukwu handled an issue that should have not descended into war... please read up on those links i posted.

History are being maniputed here. Let me ask u can ur wretched father stand before IKEMBA? whom u called coward. Even OBJ feared him . Even Sir. Louis Ojukwu (the former African richest man) the father of IKEMBA feared his son THE EZE NDIGBO GBURU (CHIEF CHUKWU EMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU. ODOGWU KA IBE YA. In short they never born ur papa and ur papa mama. EWU MMUO

7 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by tupacshakur(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
emmykk:
the igbo still remain the most successful tribe in nigeria evil after the war.they still traverse the lenght and breath of nigeria with their businesses and presence

Not like the fear fear yorubas.

Igbos, the most successful tribe in Nigeria?

What's the rationale behind your assertion, Chest-beater?

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by superstar1(m): 9:37pm On Apr 26, 2015
Y
fineworker24:

It might interest you to know that cassava sticks resisted your T72 tanks for 3 years. That's very shameful on the side of your T72 tanks.
If that is not heroism, then heroism can be better defined that Nigeria invited Britain, Egypt, Yugoslavia, USSR, Egypt, Ethiopia to help them fight their enemies with cassava sticks.

Keep quiet there. This is the same way Boko Haram will be telling us in 20years time, they held NA for 6years.

Nigeria did not declare full scale war on Biafra till 1968 and by early 1970, it was over.

Mind you France Israel, Tanzania, Equatorial Guinea Ivory Coast, Vatican supported Biafra and US supported in principle. Swedish mercenaries were used by Biafra.

Mind you, tamil tigers held Singaporean Army for 2decades, FARC has been holding Colombian Army for over 2decades now, Osama Bin Laden held US for a decade, BH has been holding Nigerian Army for 6 years and ISIS is holding the whole world for 3years running. What are you now celebrating that you achieved with cassava sticks.

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by dokyOloye: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
CheeNayNay:

hahaha grin grin,e pain am ooo.
i can see its a thing of pride an immense achievement for a yourobber to fvck an igbo girl,thats why that ur bastard leader FFK keeps on bragging about it.why cant u pple stick to ur own women
Till today,yorubas still boast to each other wt words like
"Can U be able to date an Igbo chic"
"Can U marry an Igbo woman".
They can't just stop displaying their envy and inferiority complex for d Igbos.

5 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Leez(m): 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
tobtap:

am sure you are a DROP-OUT
Loooooool wuuuuuuuuuut
We all knw the yorooober have pride in cuttin skul and becoming "area boys" hikhikhik
Drop out lol
Bunch of cowards

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by IGBOSON1: 9:38pm On Apr 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
They were defeated almost immediately. Ojukwu in his pride chose to play games with civilian lives and refused to surrender.Thank God the Nigerian Army were professional and not inclined to genocide

^^^You see, it's this kind of revisionism and making light of serious acts of inhumanity that makes me conclude you're an evil xenophobic bastard!

'They were defeated almost immediately' as you claim, yet Gowons gov't was frustrated to the extent of having to mount a food blockade....using mercenaries to strafe everything in sight and shoot at anything that as much as gives a hint of moving!? One needs only to look at hateful evil scum like you to realize just why we were fighting for our lives!....Has Nigeria of today vindicated Ojukwu or you fools?

The Nigeria army 'was not inclined to suicide'!?.....You must be having a laugh!

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Amagmilton(m): 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
...Who posted this pics self, that was never Biafran Sodiers, Biafran sodiers are always on their rising sun karki Army uniformly...this pics may be those undergoing training or a south west handwork to blackmail those that their fathers could not defeat minus the help of Britain, Russia and co..
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by vislabraye(m): 9:39pm On Apr 26, 2015
ezeagu:
These guys, 'bird chest' and all, held off the Nigerian army for more than two years with sticks and stones. Nigeria should continually thank Britain, Egypt and Russia, if not for them there'd be no Nigeria.

There's money in war. Nigerian soldiers and their allies were making a hell lot of money by not ending the war on time..

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by OneNaira6: 9:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
OMG so Biafran soldiers even used sticks and stones to fed off Nigerian Army for 3 good years? Chei. I knew they has limited weapons and was sharing it, I didn't know they used sticks as well.

Jesus like I've been saying, nigeria army has ALWAYS been weak. When i said that, ppl called me names and blamed GEJ. It wasn't GEJ that caused it, the military is just a weak ass military. Without the assistance of other nations, it's nothing.

How the f2k can a less trained, less weaponry military keep you off for 3 years despite your advanced weaponry and foreign assistance. Tufiakwa.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:40pm On Apr 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
They were defeated almost immediately. Ojukwu in his pride chose to play games with civilian lives and refused to surrender.Thank God the Nigerian Army were professional and not inclined to genocide

Actually there was a genocide.
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:42pm On Apr 26, 2015
negroG:
Coward, this year will be anoda war, u better start to run nw like ur father, anoda biafra war is inevitable, if don't like it go and die, our forfather dat fought and die in biafra war we wil remember them dis year in may 30, chukwu abiama is our God, and He is with us dis tym, no force will stop us dis tym around
From the tone of your response it has shown that you're a very bitter person full of hate for your fellow human. You have no value for human life,I guess you have already been recruited by ISIS to be their cjief executioner,but you'll first of all slice of the throat of your generation before you get close to anyone that concerns me. Take your bitterness and hatred to your grave with you. And for your info,i'm not igbo,if I was I won't deny where I'm from;igbophobia will chase you to your early grave.

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
Oloshi... Biafran worshiper... Ojuwu is a bastard and history proves it! Your god, Ojukwu ran way to Ivory Coast dressed like a woman. Uncultured tw.at keep worshiping Ojukwu's grave... your father must have been blown up in the biafran war while your mother was fvcked silly by Nigerian soldiers smiley... smiley smiley smiley cheesy ....

Please show us history books that proves otherwise... did you even finish primary school.. flat head! Do you know there is an actual subject called history... we are talking history here but as a typical flat headed chest beating Igbotic idi0t you are mentioning richest man... didirin... BASTARD IGBO FOOL... oya try another biafran stunt, this time let us see what would happen to you and your whole extended family.

Ode... Obj feared him, but he ran away before Obasanjo's battalion of soldiers gave the fatal blow that ended your Biafran campaign.... MUMU extraodinary... son of prostitute mother and blown up father... beast of no nation... be careful who you insult on Nairaland.

PS: you started the insults on me first... I insulted Ojukwu and NOT you... UNCULTURED tw.at!

nworanco:

History are being maniputed here. Let me ask u can ur wretched father stand before IKEMBA? whom u called coward. Even OBJ feared him . Even Sir. Louis Ojukwu (the former African richest man) the father of IKEMBA feared his son THE EZE NDIGBO GBURU (CHIEF CHUKWU EMEKA ODUMEGWU OJUKWU. ODOGWU KA IBE YA. In short they never born ur papa and ur papa mama. EWU MMUO

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by omonnakoda: 9:43pm On Apr 26, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^You see, it's this kind of revisionism and making light of serious acts of inhumanity that makes me conclude you're an evil xenophobic bastard!

'They were defeated almost immediately' as you claim, yet Gowons gov't was frustrated to the extent of having to mount a food blockade....using mercenaries to strafe everything in sight and shoot at anything that as much as gives a hint of moving!? One needs only to look at hateful evil scum like you to realize just why we were fighting for our lives!....Has Nigeria of today vindicated Ojukwu or you fools?

The Nigeria army 'was not inclined to suicide'!?.....You must be having a laugh!
You need to focus more on your dying mother

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nwaanambra1(m): 9:44pm On Apr 26, 2015
joeyfire:

Whenever you feel this way remember philip effiong of blessed memory

PHILIP EFFIONG WAS CALABARI AND YOU MAY NOTICE THAT I DID NOT INCLUDE THE CALABARIS IN MY LIST OF TRIBES THAT HATES THE IGBOS - THEY WHERE THE ONLY EXCEPTION, EVEN THE SO-CALLED IGBO COUSINS THE IKWERES DENIED US AND ARE STILL DENYING BEING PART OF IGBOS TILL TODAY! angry

BESIDES, PHILIPS EFFIONG'S MOTHER WAS AN IGBO WOMAN FROM OLU IN IMO STATE! cool
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by IGBOSON1: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
vislabraye:

There's money in war. Nigerian soldiers and their allies were making a hell lot of money by not ending the war on time..

^^^This is a new one!

Let me get you right....you're saying that Gowon and his sidekick Awo could have ended the war in a matter of weeks or months, but decided not to so as to make money? Also, where does the decision to mount a food blockade a few years down the line come into this equation of yours?
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Nobody: 9:45pm On Apr 26, 2015
ichidodo:
Yes but it is a common cultural achievement in yorubaland when the men rush to marry them....we believe tis closest to marrying a white,you know, so as to kill off the stolid,stale yoruba genes from their future offsprings..Go figure Yemi Alade..

yemi alade is a bitch, tell me something
Ndigbo is proud of
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Ifeanyi4491(m): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
xtervaganza:
great runaway b1tch zero
4uck you
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by Brugo(m): 9:46pm On Apr 26, 2015
Ojukwu wasted lives cos of pride. Surrender; no way. He couldn't imagine letting Gowon win.

If the Nigerian Army was not hindered by propaganda from the western world, the casualty on the Biafran side would have been more and and the carnage swift too.

Moral lesson: You can't win all fights. Discern when to let go.

I salute the bravery of these men who gave their lives for what they believed in.

3 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by omonnakoda: 9:47pm On Apr 26, 2015
dokyOloye:
Till today,yorubas still boast to each other wt words like
"Can U be able to date an Igbo chic"
"Can U marry an Igbo woman".
They can't just stop displaying their envy and inferiority complex for d Igbos.

grin grin grin

eh le lelele LWKMD lol
funny

2 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by MosD: 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
This is what u see when a whole region is being successfully brainwashed by just one self centered man. Eventually succeeded in wasting millions of productive lives though.........Nigerians, being brainwashed since 1914AD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by IGBOSON1: 9:48pm On Apr 26, 2015
omonnakoda:
You need to focus more on your dying mother

^^^This is your retort to my post?......Insults?

I wish your own mum good health! She may have made mistakes with you, but hey....no one's perfect innit! wink
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by chmod777: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
Thanks for this but you got off track somewhere. Ojukwu went for confederacy. Have you not heard about Aburi accord
teeowl:
I have 3 real Igbo friends that are my close friends... please get the facts right. Let me break it down.

* There was a coup d'état in January 15, 1966 led by Maj. Kaduna Nzeogwu (Igbo) which consisted of mostly Igbo majors that killed Northern and South western govt officials (politicians). NO Igbo or South Easterner was killed! 13 men were killed () here is the link online - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

* There was a counter coup d'état led by by Lt Colonel Murtala Muhammed which consisted of Northern military officials because the Head of State (General Aguiyi Ironsi) refused to punish the Igbo Majors that killed the Northerners, 2 men were killed (General Aguiyi Ironsi and Lt Colonel Adekunle Fajuyi) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Nigerian_counter-coup

* After the counter coup, the Northerners in the North still were not satisfied that the coup plotters who murdered Prime Minister Abubakar Balewa & Premier Ahmadu Bello were still alive so they started killing Igbos in the north - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_anti-Igbo_pogrom

* Instead of Ojukwu to insist on a diplomatic solution (like increasing security in the North), tracking down the northerners that killed the innocent Igbos in the north and ensuring that those Igbo majors are sentenced for staging a coup, what the coward bast@rd do? Declare war... and caused the death of over 1 million of his own tribes men... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Civil_War

There was/is no conspiracy against Igbos, the issue was how the stu..pid man called Ojukwu handled an issue that should have not descended into war... please read up on those links i posted.

1 Like

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by SirShymexx: 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
ILIDEFI:

I hope you are not trying to compare the guerilla war of BH with the conventional war fought by Biafran soldiers. They ain't the same in any way. Moreover, Nigeria got foreign aids making the defeat easier for them, while Biafra had none. I'm not trying to justify starting the war, anyway.

Both sides had foreign help.

I have books from all sides (apart from Achebe's book) and spoken to a few folks who witnessed it, and I'd say Nigeria never went for the kill, else it would have been a different story.

And you also need to thank the Yorubas. Left to the Northerners and the Chadians/Nigeriens who fought in their ranks, they wanted to kill all Igbos alive and the unborn ones in their mums' wombs. They only fell back cos of the Yorubas. Also, when Ojukwu eloped and everything was in disarray, they could have gone on a killing spree, but they didn't cos of Yorubas.

Anyway, you lot are very lucky and you ought to be grateful Nigeria didn't go for the kill, like most countries would have done. Choose ya battles wisely next time and be fully prepared before embarking on a war. What happened wasn't bravery - it was suicide mission.

8 Likes

Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nworanco(m): 9:49pm On Apr 26, 2015
Halimi24:
why did u jst regurgitate ur family history like dis??
Na so my post pain u??
If I want 200 igbos dead in my area dis nite
It can be done
So watch ur mouth girl

U will die before them, do u think u can it and still talking like a woman and if u try that any i trust my people they will waste u immidiately, big mouth like awolowo .
Re: Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri by nworanco(m): 9:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
Halimi24:
why did u jst regurgitate ur family history like dis??
Na so my post pain u??
If I want 200 igbos dead in my area dis nite
It can be done
So watch ur mouth girl

U will die before them, do u think u can do it and still talking like a woman and if u try that, anyway i trust my people they will waste u immidiately, big mouth like awolowo .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Florence Ajimobi And Rauf Olaniyan In Exchange Of Words (video) / Ademola Adeleke's WAEC Result & Testimonial Released By Ede Muslim High School / Abba Kyari And Geoffrey Onyeama In The 70s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.