Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul (48986 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / Helen Mukoro Is Presidential Candidate In Spain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by joseph1832(m): 11:09am On May 01, 2015
megacool360:

No! She didn't act as if the incoming government caused the problem. She did express disappointment in the present govt's failure to arrest the case. However, her disappointment in Buhari was on his reneging on the initial promise of bringing back the girls which he used during his campaigns.
And did Buhari renege on his promise?. He mere said he couldn't guarantee their 'safe' return.

So what if the Chibok girls are dead? Will she now say Buhari failed to bring them Back alive because he used it in his campaign that he will bring them back alive?.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by StarboyMichael(m): 11:10am On May 01, 2015
Ilekeh:
Who is Helen Paul and what type of vegetables does she sell?

Na water leave o. She get online store self grin
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Sharmeenator(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2015
dre11:
She allowed emotion to becloud her sense of judgment.....

Am sure if those girls are still alive
They would be found with the progress the military are making in the simbasi forest
Everyday we keep hearing of girls and women being rescure and am sure theirs won't be a forgotten issue
Sambisa not simbasi grin
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by bashydemy(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2015
midolian:
Hmm..make hellen calm down abeg

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if these girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt hav not been sincere with the issue of our missing girls..
Just about 48hrs ago, 200girls and 93(or more)women were rescued and till this moment, they claim not to know where those girls were abducted from..My question is this "Are those girls deaf and dumbs? Can't they speak? A simple interview will do.. I watched channelsTV news yesternight and I was taken aback on hearing olukolade say they don't know exactly who those girls are, buh they arnt the chibok girls..shocked shocked shocked. 290+? .. Abeg boko haram don dey produce women?

How can I forget the 160+ girls that were rescued yesterday.. They are still not the chibok girls o!shocked ..Well, God knows best.

All I am saying is Buhari is a wise man and I am sure he knows what he is doing..Maybe Hellen paul didn't hear the part where he said "If the girls are alive, his government will do everything within its powers to bring them back"..these are the words of a wise man.. Let's be patient with him
I swear God go bless you in folds ....

2 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Samirana360(m): 11:11am On May 01, 2015
Burger01:

Sure I did. Can you please point to me what I missed out?.My glasses are quite badsmiley
Buy new glass and read again...I can't type, my keypads ar quite bad
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by bajosky: 11:13am On May 01, 2015
mrvitalis:
am more disappointed in HELEN PAUL for being so shallow minded ...........so if the girls are dead he should go to the land of the dead to bring them ba
THE TRUTH HAS BEEN TOLD ONCE AGAIN BUHARI IS A FAILURE.
HE HAS NO TRUTH IN HIS ELECTORAL CAMPAIGN.
THOUGH NOT SWORN IN HE HAS BOLDLY COME OUT TO DENY SOME OF HIS ELECTORAL PROMISES THAT WE ARE ON OUR OWN (if u wer d parents of chibok girls how would u feel hearing such statement from Buhadaft after voting for him )

#Babaonechance if care is not taken will roast this nation in blunders superseding that of Gej.

nigerian have fail & must wait for another 4yrs to shop for a divine president.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by seyitanhep1: 11:15am On May 01, 2015
mrvitalis:
am more disappointed in HELEN PAUL for being so shallow minded ...........so if the girls are dead he should go to the land of the dead to bring them ba
why did your so called saviour said he will bring them back during campaign? Mtcheww, and another one is calling her a fool. Sentimental fool. (guy no be you. Na d guy wey call her a fool.) the last time u checked, she is a Nigerian, so she can express her opinions and grievance, so can you, but you can do it wisely by not using swear words.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Natureboyraph(m): 11:31am On May 01, 2015
midolian:

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if these girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt hav not been sincere with the issue of our missing. girls..
Just about 48hrs ago, 200girls and 93(or more)women were rescued and till this moment, they claim not to know where those girls were abducted from..My question is this "Are those girls deaf and dumbs? Can't they speak? A simple interview will do.. I watched channelsTV news yesternight and I was taken aback on hearing olukolade say they don't know exactly who those girls are, buh they arnt the chibok girls..shocked shocked shocked. 290+? .. Abeg boko haram don dey produce women?

How can I forget the 160+ girls that were rescued yesterday.. They are still not the chibok girls o!shocked ..Well, God knows best.

All I am saying is Buhari is a wise man and I am sure he knows what he is doing..Maybe Hellen paul didn't hear the part where he said "If the girls are alive, his government will do everything within its powers to bring them back"..these are the words of a wise man.. Let's be patient with him
Nonsense..........just stop justifying the words of a hypocrite......he lied to get here and is only twisting words to back out of his promise........That is the fact!!!!
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by sunkoye: 11:35am On May 01, 2015
A programme on Dstv called first 48 hours. Its about missing pple. The first 48 hrs matters in search of missing person. Here we have our president denied anyone was missing for 21 days.
The probability of seeing the girls after one whole year in the territory of terrorist is near Zero. Helen talks without thinking angry

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by baumolina(m): 11:42am On May 01, 2015
DJAmyluv:
But Buhari said he will bring them back so when he was making that promise he didn't consider d fact that they may be 'dead'?

Always pay attention to details..he said he would bring them if they still alive
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by megacool360(m): 11:59am On May 01, 2015
joseph1832:
And did Buhari renege on his promise?. He mere said he couldn't guarantee their 'safe' return.

So what if the Chibok girls are dead? Will she now say Buhari failed to bring them Back alive because he used it in his campaign that he will bring them back alive?.

Really? So what spurred him into making the conspicous promise of bringing back the girls, then before the election, knowing there could be the posibility the girls are dead? Or did that possibility just come into existence after the election?

And you say that isn't reneging on his promise?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by nortcentrallord(m): 12:16pm On May 01, 2015
midolian:

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if these girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt hav not been sincere with the issue of our missing girls..

Are you saying he became a wise man and started to know what he is doing after he won the election? It's barely 2 months ago he made those promises. Hadn't the girls been missing for over 10 months then, how come all of a sudden he is now speaking from the other side of the mouth or was it all about winning the elections?
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by joseph1832(m): 12:16pm On May 01, 2015
megacool360:

Really? So what spurred him into making the conspicous promise of bringing back the girls, then before the election, knowing there could be the posibility the girls are dead? Or did that possibility just come into existence after the election?

And you say that isn't reneging on his promise?
I'm not trying to support GMB about what he said, what I'm saying she shouldn't just saying she's disappointed in him. She should let him assume the mantle captain of the federal republic of Nigeria and see how far he will go before being disappointed.

And I also believe GMB is saying all this so people who get their hopes up then in the end, they end up disappointed!.

Better to tell them the way it is now than give frivolous excuses later....
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by nortcentrallord(m): 12:21pm On May 01, 2015
sunkoye:
A programme on Dstv called first 48 hours. Its about missing pple. The first 48 hrs matters in search of missing person. Here we have our president denied anyone was missing for 21 days.
The probability of seeing the girls after one whole year in the territory of terrorist is near Zero. Helen talks without thinking angry

Didn't buhari know that the girls were missing for more than 48 hours when he said he was going to bring them back alive? Are you more intelligent than our president elect? he made the promise based on his conviction and here you are defending his denial. When well meaning Nigerian said the candidates should debate so they can tell us how they intend to achieve their promises, some people were backing buhari because he is a celebrated sacred cow now the reality is setting in. Only God knows who is better amongst the two of you.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 01, 2015
helen paul should be more disappointed in Jonathan for not responding quick to the issue.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by nortcentrallord(m): 12:28pm On May 01, 2015
joseph1832:
I'm not trying to support GMB about what he said, what I'm saying she shouldn't just saying she's disappointed in him. She should let him assume the mantle captain of the federal republic of Nigeria and see how far he will go before being disappointed.

And I also believe GMB is saying all this so people who get their hopes up then in the end, they end up disappointed!.

Better to tell them the way it is now than give frivolous excuses later....

The excuses are frivolous already because he hasn't even assumed the leadership seat but he is already being negative about the whole thing. Why shouldn't he just be quite till he ascends the seat. Such excuses coming from buhari lately just points to another failure in the pipeline or rather that's what he is portraying himself as. Well, I don't blame him. He only made promises but never told Nigerians how he will achieve them. Its still the old political style of Nigerian politics.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Mufasa27(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2015
helen truth be told, there are no girls anywhere.,even buhari knows that...it was used against Jonathan government and they succeeded.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by hardbody: 12:42pm On May 01, 2015
Lizabeth25:
He hasn't said "He won't try his possible best to retrieve those girls" he said he is not making any promise.

There are different meanings to those words. And if he does not take over, how will he have the power to do what we want?

Let's wait till he enters Aso Rock first.!

Ok maa. Sorry Ok Lizzy.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 01, 2015
You Maa sorry o cus I don't know wetin happen wey u dey greet me sorry.!

hardbody:

Ok maa. Sorry Ok Lizzy.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:57pm On May 01, 2015
HelenBee:
Read her piece as published on The Trent below:

The comedian and mother of two Helen Paul, writes down her views and disappointment in President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari recent statement that he cannot guarantee the safe return of the kidnapped Chibok girls..

Hmmm… it’s one year and some days now since the Chibok girls have been missing. Yet, the days are still counting because we have no clue about their whereabouts.

This is a very sad development indeed. No doubt, it was a disappointment that the outgoing government failed to locate and rescue the girls from the hands of their Boko Haram abductors.

As a mother, who knows what the pains of child labour and child upbringing are all about, I heaved a sigh of relief when Muhammadu Buhari emerged winner of the presidential election. It was not because I like him more than Jonathan, but because I listened to one of his campaigns, where he promised to bring back the girls if elected into office.

Perhaps, Nigerians elected him on that premise.
I feel that, at least, it will be a great achievement for whoever locates and brings back the girls to their respective families. In fact, whoever achieves that will be celebrated as a hero all over the world. But then, I have seen another reason to believe that all politicians are the same.

Their modus operandi may only be different. A few days ago, exactly when it clocked one year that the girls had been missing, Buhari broke my heart, just like that of other Nigerians when he said his government could not promise to bring back the girls! I felt really devastated because that comment was a sharp contrast to the promises he made to all Nigerians and the world at large during his campaigns.

Honestly, I try not to be disappointed because you can always expect anything from Nigerians, politicians in particular. They can promise heaven on earth during campaigns, but the moment they get to power, they promptly renege on their promises. Such is life in this part of the world where we find ourselves.

I tried to put myself in the shoes of the parents, relatives and neighbours of the missing girls, who, perhaps, solicited votes for the retired General after hearing his campaign promise that he would bring back the girls. How will they feel now hearing him say something to the contrary?

There is an adage in Yoruba that says ‘ omo eni ku san ju omo eni sonu lo,’ meaning that it is better for someone’s child to die than to be missing. I can imagine the different thoughts and imaginations that would have saddled the minds of those girls’ parents. If the girls are dead (which I don’t pray for anyway), the parents will mourn for sometime and recover, but that they are missing is another experience entirely.

http://www..ng/2015/04/30/i-am-disappointed-in-buhari-helen-paul-must-read/
Basically, she's still upset that Buhari won.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:00pm On May 01, 2015
Firefire:
The conspiracy theories surrounding the missing Chibok girls still lingers.

One day Nigerians will hear the real and true story surrounding the kidnap incident.

- Was there any kidnap in the first place or just an arranged relocation of the girls?

- If there was a kidnap, are the figures given accurate?

- Who and who are culpable in the whole missing girl’s episode?

Nigeria and her scriptwriters should know that there is no secret under the heavens.

Almost 300 previously unheard of kidnapped girls were just rescued a few days ago. And you're typing the above nonsense?

Nigerians are sick.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Oyecute(m): 1:03pm On May 01, 2015
midolian:

May God of heaven and earth bless ur wisdom ... Most of us Nigerians only think on a linear way. No indepth analysis or comparison!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by midolian(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2015
Oyecute:
May God of heaven and earth bless ur wisdom ... Most of us Nigerians only think on a linear way. No indepth analysis or comparison!!!
thank you, bro.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Slickest(m): 1:37pm On May 01, 2015
Helen has always been a fool, am not surprised @ her immature statement....why on earth do u ppl think she has no jokes to crack, she dry lyk roasted corn.....
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by d5fada: 2:19pm On May 01, 2015
I don't get why you guys are blasting Helen Paul. Didn't GMB know the girls could be dead or whatever? Why did he use them as a campaign strategy? That's callous and wicked. Why promise to rescue them and now that you have won the election you now say otherwise? That's what hurts. All you guys insulting Helen you are true Nigerians... Cos it's in Nigeria that Politicians are never held responsible for their campaign promises such that the citizens accept it as normal. Else you'd be as disappointed as I am in all these...
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Unojo: 2:50pm On May 01, 2015
please remember many soldiers lost their life in this process of being back our girl their family are suffering let keep our fingers cross and pray God will answer us.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Psalmwhyte(m): 3:18pm On May 01, 2015
HelenBee:
LMAO!
she is d same helen paul dat sell ukazi and ugha leaves along chibok- sambisa express way.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by samueleto(m): 3:28pm On May 01, 2015
joseph1832:
She and her disappointment can wait for a while. The Chibok girls are already the fault of GEJ because he wasted more than enough time denying that the girls were ctually kidnapped!.

Why transfer the burden of GEJ failures to GMB!. In time, I trust the general may just surprise us all. So Helen, your disappointment can wait!.

Why did Gmb promised us that, if he knows that he cant do it..?
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by samueleto(m): 3:30pm On May 01, 2015
mrvitalis:

Am disappointed
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by tivta(m): 3:47pm On May 01, 2015
jomoh:

Now I know why they say GEJ supporters are unintelligent and as clueless as GEJ himself.

"if elected, I promise to use everything at my disposal to bring back the girls". Mumu have you not read is officialstatement? He said he is not making any promises but said other wise during campaign, face it, the problems of Nigeria is beyond the presidency. I give him a year.

"if elected, I promise to bring back the girls".

tell me if there's a difference in the two.

your intelligence quotient is as low as that of the silly comedian.

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by sunnyolads1(m): 3:49pm On May 01, 2015
Foolish reasoning of Helen Paul or whatever.. why can't you contest for president and do the magic.ode, she is abusing president not sworn in and leave the retardeen. she is very stupid with her hatred for GMB.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by stainlink(m): 4:20pm On May 01, 2015
joseph1832:
She and her disappointment can wait for a while. The Chibok girls are already the fault of GEJ because he wasted more than enough time denying that the girls were ctually kidnapped!.

Why transfer the burden of GEJ failures to GMB!. In time, I trust the general may just surprise us all. So Helen, your disappointment can wait!.
THE FACT REMAINS THAT HE IS TWISTING THE ASSURING WORDS HE PROMISED BEFORE THE ELECTION, #BABANOWTHATYOUARETHERE, FULFILL YOUR PROMISES TO THE LATER

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2 Military Helicopters Spotted At Aso Rock (Photos) / Police Arrest Sheik Abduljabbar For Blasphemy / Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.