Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul (48955 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / Helen Mukoro Is Presidential Candidate In Spain (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by megacool360(m): 9:17am On May 01, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Wait o....she is dissapointed thaT buhari wa been realistic ? Well unless buhari himself kidnapped those girls,thhen I don't expect him to bring back those girls easily,only God knows where they are...helen abeg leave all this sentiments and emotions...only God can guarantee the safe retun of those girls

Yea! Of course only God (in his infinite grace) can guarantee the safe return of those girls. But then, we all expected or were expecting GEJ to bring them back easily, maybe he kidnapped them himself (according to your assertion).

You see, "what is good for the goose is also good for the gander". Sentiments and hate propagation, the bane of Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by haconjy(m): 9:17am On May 01, 2015
efilefun:
Some people just reason like fools, who know the present conditions of the girls After a year. Are they dead, are they been sold, or are they even together anymore If they are dead GMB should go wake them right A government that neglected them in the forest for a whole year ain't disappointing right madam face your comedy jare

With the numbers of girls been rescued this week, aren't we supposed to be worried about the actual number of females been kidnapped If about 300+ could be rescued and the chibok girls are not among, then i believe we could have thousands of people already been kidnapped while we only lingering on the chibok girls who might have been killed already (hopefully not)

the same way u reason. some people are so sensitive to what comes out of politicians some are not. the quote IF THEY ARE ALIVE and BRING THEM BACK OR RESCUE are very important. I know some of u supporting him buhari will regret it when time comes. Jonathan is not better but huhari too is not the best. but its too early for buhari to say that now.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by NZEGWUAGU(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2015
Nobody should make excuses for Buhari. He lied to Nigerians and that's why the Helen woman is disappointed. He should've been sincere enough to say then during the campaign that if the girls will still be alive by the time he goes into office if elected that he would do everything possible to bring them back. But instead in his usual nature he lied by promising outrightly he would bring them back. And now that gullible Nigerians have voted him in he is shifting grounds. He has also shifted grounds on one dollar to one naira, reduction of fuel price to N40 per litre, free lunch to all school children in their schools, 5000 monthly to the unemployed, etc. I have always known he doesn't have enough education to understand what he has put himself into. Soon Nigerians will understand what being clueless means!

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by shammah1(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2015
Don't worry dear Helen, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will rescue the remaining ones. He's a hero already. Even Buhari's APC are not happy with the recent developments.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Ekugbeh(m): 9:19am On May 01, 2015
midolian:
Hmm..make hellen calm down abeg

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if these girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt hav not been sincere with the issue of our missing girls..
Just about 48hrs ago, 200girls and 93(or more)women were rescued and till this moment, they claim not to know where those girls were abducted from..My question is this "Are those girls deaf and dumbs? Can't they speak? A simple interview will do? I watched channelsTV news yesternight and I was taken aback on hearing olukolade say they don't know exactly who those girls are, buh they arnt the chibok girls..shocked shocked shocked. 290+? .. Abeg boko haram don dey produce women?

How can I forget the 160+ girls that were rescued yesterday.. They are still not the chibok girls o!shocked ..Well, God knows best.

All I am saying is Buhari is a wise man and I am sure he knows what he is doing..Maybe Hellen paul didn't hear the part where he said "If the girls are alive, his government will do everything within its powers to bring them back"..these are the words of a wise man.. Let's be patient with him
u mean he was nt sincere when he was promising heaven and earth?
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by jungleluv70: 9:19am On May 01, 2015
HelenBee:
Read her piece as published on The Trent below:

The comedian and mother of two Helen Paul, writes down her views and disappointment in President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari recent statement that he cannot guarantee the safe return of the kidnapped Chibok girls..

Hmmm… it’s one year and some days now since the Chibok girls have been missing. Yet, the days are still counting because we have no clue about their whereabouts.

This is a very sad development indeed. No doubt, it was a disappointment that the outgoing government failed to locate and rescue the girls from the hands of their Boko Haram abductors.

As a mother, who knows what the pains of child labour and child upbringing are all about, I heaved a sigh of relief when Muhammadu Buhari emerged winner of the presidential election. It was not because I like him more than Jonathan, but because I listened to one of his campaigns, where he promised to bring back the girls if elected into office.

Perhaps, Nigerians elected him on that premise.
I feel that, at least, it will be a great achievement for whoever locates and brings back the girls to their respective families. In fact, whoever achieves that will be celebrated as a hero all over the world. But then, I have seen another reason to believe that all politicians are the same.

Their modus operandi may only be different. A few days ago, exactly when it clocked one year that the girls had been missing, Buhari broke my heart, just like that of other Nigerians when he said his government could not promise to bring back the girls! I felt really devastated because that comment was a sharp contrast to the promises he made to all Nigerians and the world at large during his campaigns.

Honestly, I try not to be disappointed because you can always expect anything from Nigerians, politicians in particular. They can promise heaven on earth during campaigns, but the moment they get to power, they promptly renege on their promises. Such is life in this part of the world where we find ourselves.

I tried to put myself in the shoes of the parents, relatives and neighbours of the missing girls, who, perhaps, solicited votes for the retired General after hearing his campaign promise that he would bring back the girls. How will they feel now hearing him say something to the contrary?

There is an adage in Yoruba that says ‘ omo eni ku san ju omo eni sonu lo,’ meaning that it is better for someone’s child to die than to be missing. I can imagine the different thoughts and imaginations that would have saddled the minds of those girls’ parents. If the girls are dead (which I don’t pray for anyway), the parents will mourn for sometime and recover, but that they are missing is another experience entirely.

http://www..ng/2015/04/30/i-am-disappointed-in-buhari-helen-paul-must-read/
Helen me too am disappointed in you because this govt has not done anything to locate this girls and bring them back and u re now disappointed in the incoming President . face ur work
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by ekiloui(f): 9:20am On May 01, 2015
Wow!
Some of you are so shallow.

Because you support someone doesn't mean that you should become deaf, dumb and blind.

I get what Helen is saying.

Pre-Election - I will bring back the girls

Didn't he consider that the girls could be dead before making this promise, didn't he realise he could have been giving people false hope?

Post-Election - I might not be able to find the Chibok girls.

Now things got real, the weight of the promise is now being felt, but since his intention (winning the election) has been sealed there's no need to hide the reality.

I have never seen people more gullible than Nigerians. The truth is that most of you supported Buhari based on tribal sentiments rather than for what the country will benefit, so even if he comes out to say nothing in his agenda will be done you'll still find an excuse.

Try to put the progress of this 1st. I believe Buhari has more potential than GEJ, but that won't be exploited if some of you don't put aside your bootlicking tendencies and hold Buhari accountable for every single campaign promise.

Helen Paul spoke like a well-meaning Nigerian who put her country 1st, those of you bashing her should get ur brains fixed Asap
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by ologundudu7: 9:21am On May 01, 2015
Helen,with the little platform media affords you,how have you been able to contribute to the growth and development of this country?
Pls locate a good place and park very well.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by fashionale(m): 9:23am On May 01, 2015
Who is Helen Paul and what type of vegetables does she sell?

Guy you wicked,
The truth of the matter is that nobody knows about this whole thing. It seems like chasing a mirage. GEJ govt is to blame for everything
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by walozanga(m): 9:24am On May 01, 2015
Nigerians.... Alot of complicated issues surrounding dis missing girls from day one, from their school security mans report to a different police report to anoda earlier story from the principal but I believe it will not be a secret forever. are the chibok girls the only people missing? Why would buhari drop that statement? Is it mission accomplished? time will tell
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Donbabajay12(m): 9:25am On May 01, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Nobody should make excuses for Buhari. He lied to Nigerians and that's why the Helen woman is disappointed. He should've been sincere enough to say then during the campaign that if the girls will still be alive by the time he goes into office if elected that he would do everything possible to bring them back. But instead in his usual nature he lied by promising outrightly he would bring them back. And now that gullible Nigerians have voted him in he is shifting grounds. He has also shifted grounds on one dollar to one naira, reduction of fuel price to N40 per litre, free lunch to all school children in their schools, 5000 monthly to the unemployed, etc. I have always known he doesn't have enough education to understand what he has put himself into. Soon Nigerians will understand what being clueless means!
Ibotic gullible nd lacklasture ways of thinking
Ther ar particles of sawdust in ur brain
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by NZEGWUAGU(m): 9:26am On May 01, 2015
Very soon sai baba would change to sai mumu and sai one chance! If I don't know Nigerians already then I'm not fit to live!
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by arsetalks(m): 9:27am On May 01, 2015
People abusing Helen Paul for having a go at president elect GMB over he saying he can't guarantee the return of the chibok girls are not serious. I am a great, great supporter of Buhari ( I don't think even his wife supports him more than I do) and will continue to be but if truly ( I want video or audio proof) said during his election campaigns that he will bring back the chibok girls then go around to say he can't guarantee bringing them back, then he has F up. Truth has to be told.

The chibok girls may not be alive and there is no how you bring back the death unless you are Jesus Christ but using such a sensitive thing for campaigns is bad taste on Buhari's part.

Buhari should have known how almost impossible it is to bring back the girls after 1 year. He should have considered all possibilities.

Are they alive? If they are alive, are they still together? How do you rescue them without the miscreants using them as human shield. Lots of possibilities should have been considered before making promises.

Having said that, a bigger stick needs to be used on GEJ for his handling of the whole thing. People don't hit him enough for his unfatherly handling of the situation. A so called father and president had to wait almost 5 days before swinging into action when our 200 kids have been kidnapped.

Based on that decision alone, GEJ should not have gotten more than 100 moves in the last election ( votes from his friends and family) but for regional and religion sentimentality.

If his wife was a mother at all, he would have told him ( GEJ) the truth. Based on the chibok situation enough, he should have resigned or not contest at all.

Thank GOD he is gone for good. Never again shall a snail rule this nation.

P:s reply me only if you want to argue with facts not sentiments. Call me names and see the manifestation of my bad mouth ( fingers).
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Burger01(m): 9:27am On May 01, 2015
Samirana360:

Did u read her article?
Sure I did. Can you please point to me what I missed out?.My glasses are quite badsmiley
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by oluwasegun007(m): 9:27am On May 01, 2015
It so disappointing to meet dust where u xpect brain....SMH
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by honeychild(f): 9:27am On May 01, 2015
HzRF:

D day u use ur brain ehn
Is d day Nigeria will be great
Buahri clearly said he will bring back d gals
He didn't tell us stories den
He turn back to say he can't assure us
Yet instead to cover or face u are trying to cover citing gej govt

Am sure when buahri fails
to make N1 =$1 u will say Gej also didn't make N1=$1
FEED school children/pay 25m unemployed youths N5K/month or response will be wen there is no money he should goan steal

Piece of nauseating arrant nonsense

Buhari never promised to make N1=$1. He said the current rate of exchange is unacceptable.

He also never promised to give unemployed youths N5k monthly. I personally heard Osinbajo explain on Channels tv:

1. The money will be given to the POOREST members of the society.

2. They will have to meet certain requirements e.g provide evidence that they present their children for immunisation, their children are in school etc.

To me this sounds more like a welfare programme for single mothers, child brides etc. Not a HANDOUT for able bodied "unemployed youth."
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Udehpaschal1(m): 9:30am On May 01, 2015
midolian:
Hmm..make hellen calm down abeg

When Buhari made that statement, I was a bit disappointed @ first too..buh then, I took a few minutes to think of the possible reasons why he made such a comment..I thought to myself "what if these girls are no more?",How do you expect Buhari to bring back the girls that are no more? As we all know, this governmnt hav not been sincere with the issue of our missing girls..
Just about 48hrs ago, 200girls and 93(or more)women were rescued and till this moment, they claim not to know where those girls were abducted from..My question is this "Are those girls deaf and dumbs? Can't they speak? A simple interview will do? I watched channelsTV news yesternight and I was taken aback on hearing olukolade say they don't know exactly who those girls are, buh they arnt the chibok girls..shocked shocked shocked. 290+? .. Abeg boko haram don dey produce women?

How can I forget the 160+ girls that were rescued yesterday.. They are still not the chibok girls o!shocked ..Well, God knows best.

All I am saying is Buhari is a wise man and I am sure he knows what he is doing..Maybe Hellen paul didn't hear the part where he said "If the girls are alive, his government will do everything within its powers to bring them back"..these are the words of a wise man.. Let's be patient with him

Mr, what are u even saying? So he was didn't realize that the girls could be dead when he making those promises during his campaign ? Raising their hopes very high only to start to start pulling it down after he won election. If that's what u call being wise then am very sorry for u...... He shouldnt have used it to campaign in the first place... Politicians are very pathetic ! Jeez!!
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by chernest2002: 9:34am On May 01, 2015
joseph1832:
She and her disappointment can wait for a while. The Chibok girls are already the fault of GEJ because he wasted more than enough time denying that the girls were ctually kidnapped!.

Why transfer the burden of GEJ failures to GMB!. In time, I trust the general may just surprise us all. So Helen, your disappointment can wait!.
if buhari rescue the chibok girls then he and his apc were the abductors otherwise i still believe that chibok girls are scam.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by megacool360(m): 9:34am On May 01, 2015
joseph1832:
And right you are, its your opinion. That's why we've been screaming bout performance!

Any well meaning government should centre on performing rather than give excuses for its failures. Its something the GEJ government is very good at, they blame everything on the opposition.

I tell you, the problems GEJ inherited from Yar'Adua is not as much as what Buhari will inherit from GEJ because the country is almost in shambles.... Thank God GEJ/the PDP were voted out!.

The country is almost in shambles..... That's right! And i didn't affirm otherwise. The incoming government surely saw these, knew these and promised they can get them fixed, hence elected. So what's the justification exonerating her from the burden of fixing these failures of the outgoing administration? That's just my point.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by nuranasiru(m): 9:35am On May 01, 2015
SHORO NIYE SHE GOAT
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by hardbody: 9:38am On May 01, 2015
bfire:

Are you saying those crying mothers are scams? The principal of the school also who released the names, the video displayed by BH and the faces that matches the pictures released by the school, are all scam

Be mindful of all these politics; these are human life and I happen to know some of the parents and atleast 2 of the daughters

YOU are even a scam.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Horlufemi(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2015
Well I am disappointed in Helen Paul because she's just being sentimental. OBJ already said the girls may never be found because he did his research.

Does she think Boko Haram would want to feed the girls for a whole year? No? All of them must have been raped and preganted if not mothers by now. Some might have been killed. Majority of them have been sold off by now.

If GEJ didn't deny that the girls were actually kidnapped. If only he did what Yoruba call "Ajo" (reluctant concern), If he didn't think APC was masterminding another propaganda. The girls would have been at least saved. 3days is enuf for someone to travel from Lagos to Maiduguri.

Helen Paul blame GEJ not Buhari after 1year or you face your comedy.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by chernest2002: 9:40am On May 01, 2015
Helen you are being disappointed only today for me i am more disappointed the day buhari win apc ticket to run for president,even though gej didn't do much as a leader I still believe that buhari is not a good option,you can't remove messi in a match and bring in Mikel that's backwardness even though they are all players.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul by Horlufemi(m): 9:44am On May 01, 2015
ekiloui:
Wow!
Some of you are so shallow.

Because you support someone doesn't mean that you should become deaf, dumb and blind.

I get what Helen is saying.

Pre-Election - I will bring back the girls

Didn't he consider that the girls could be dead before making this promise, didn't he realise he could have been giving people false hope?

Post-Election - I might not be able to find the Chibok girls.

Now things got real, the weight of the promise is now being felt, but since his intention (winning the election) has been sealed there's no need to hide the reality.

I have never seen people more gullible than Nigerians. The truth is that most of you supported Buhari based on tribal sentiments rather than for what the country will benefit, so even if he comes out to say nothing in his agenda will be done you'll still find an excuse.

Try to put the progress of this 1st. I believe Buhari has more potential than GEJ, but that won't be exploited if some of you don't put aside your bootlicking tendencies and hold Buhari accountable for every single campaign promise.

Helen Paul spoke like a well-meaning Nigerian who put her country 1st, those of you bashing her should get ur brains fixed Asap

In reality he may never find them.

They are scattered all over Africa. Sold or married off. do you understand how difficult that is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kashim Shettim: Five Quick Facts You Should Know About Tinubu’s Running Mate / Waje Cries Out As Thugs Beat & Chase Voters Away At Her Polling Unit In Lagos / 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.