Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? (11275 Views)

More Headache For Trinitarians!(NON-CHRISTIANS ARE NOT INVITED) / 87% Of Christians Probably Don't Know This Verse In The Bible. @pix / A Question Directed To Trinitarians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 12:08pm On May 18, 2015
Appleyard:

Can a spirit possess another spirit? The answer is an emphatic NO! One Spirit can not live inside another spirit. So how come you have God the father, a spirit, God the Son, a spirit, and God the holy Ghost, a spirit, merging to become one God? What a lack of intelligence reasoning. It takes the Celestial body to live inside the Terestial body, not celestial living in celestial and terestial living in terestial to become one.
They 'merge' to become one God means that they come together under the name God. There cannot be two Gods (Creators). Three people can come together under a name to invent a thing, retaining their individual personalities. This is how the three -the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit came together as 'God' to create things, without losing their individual personalities.

John 14:9-11
9. 'Jesus said to him, Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father'. This shows that the Father and the Son cannot appear at the same time so that people will say that one is the Father and the other the Son. Anyone that appears represents the other but not that they are the same person.
10. 'Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does this works'. Jesus did not say 'I am the Father and the Father is Me' but 'I am IN the Father and the Father is IN Me'.
11. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works itself.- This means that if you do not believe that Jesus is in the Father and the Father in Jesus, then believe because of the works the Father does through Him (Jesus).
John 14:20 'At that day, you will know that I am in My Father and you in Me, and I in you.' Does it mean that Jesus being IN us and us being IN Jesus make us to be Jesus (in person)? Does it mean that Jesus being IN the Father and the Father IN Him make Jesus to be the Father and the Father Jesus?

John 10:36 As for Me, the Father chose Me and sent Me into the world. How, then, can you say that I blaspheme because I said that I am the Son of God?
John 14:23 Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him; and WE will come to him and make OUR home with him. Who are the 'WE' here? Are the words 'WE' and 'OUR' singular or plural?

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 12:29pm On May 18, 2015
Appleyard:

And you, don't try to change anything pertaining to the Holy Ghost--

--but the comforter which is the Holy Ghost,which the Father will send IN MY NAME--

not by my name-- Thus, the Name of the Holy Ghost is JESUS! Is as simple as that.
- and the Comforter which is the Holy Ghost, who the Father will send IN MY NAME (by my authority, to represent me, in my place). Put 'Jesus' in the place of 'name' and see if there is any meaning to it.
It is like an ambassador (Nigerian) who is sent to another country (Ghana) to represent Nigerians. Wherever the ambassador (representative) comes and speaks in Ghana, it is in the 'name' of (authority of, in the place of, instead of) Nigeria (as if all nigerians are speaking).
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by zodiakzax: 12:31pm On May 18, 2015
Appleyard:

Have you asked the Lord to help you? You that believe that three different persons made up one God, not only is there no bible for it, but it shows even lack of intelligence reasoning.

Why don't you go and do some home work about the term 'spirit.'

Can a spirit possess another spirit? The answer is an emphatic NO! One Spirit can not live inside another spirit. So how come you have God the father, a spirit, God the Son, a spirit, and God the holy Ghost, a spirit, merging to become one God? What a lack of intelligence reasoning. It takes the Celestial body to live inside the Terestial body, not celestial living in celestial and terestial living in terestial to become one.

And you, don't try to change anything pertaining to the Holy Ghost--

--but the comforter which is the Holy Ghost,which the Father will send IN MY NAME--

not by my name-- Thus, the Name of the Holy Ghost is JESUS! Is as simple as that.

And thanks alot for 'applifying' it-Councellor, intercessor, Advocate, Helper, Standby--,cheesycheesycheesy.. For it clearly showed that we are talking of the same person all the time.winkcheesy:

Joh 14:16-17

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: BUT YE KNOW HIM; FOR HE DWELLETH with you, and SHALL be in you.

What?

Jesus when speaking of the comforter said “he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.” Here we find a seeming contradiction since the comforter could not be sent until Jesus Christ was glorified.

We just read in John 16 that the comforter’s coming was dependent on Jesus going away.
How is it that the comforter who was yet to be sent “dwelleth with them” in John 14wink?
This passage explains itself. Jesus didn’t leave off in verse 17. He continues in the next verse by saying:

Joh 14:18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Christ was dwelling with them and he was going to come back as the comforter and dwell in them. BOOM! Jesus Christ is the CONFORTER himself.cheesycheesy

The greek word for comforter is “parakletos”. John uses this word 5 times in scripture. The 5th time it is used is 1 John 2:1. It is translated “Advocate”

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

Christ is the “parakletos”.cheesycheesy

And Christ is that councellor.

Isaiag 9 vs 6.cheesycheesy

One Entity all the time!

Greatest mystery ever!
Guess you didn't understand my post. A word of advice, make up your mind to learn and not to only argue, study what ever someone post which is contrary to yours and see if what you think is the truth is really the truth. What I have written is there and anyone can read for themselves, your answers are twist and turns, and you got me all wrong plus you have not even answered half of my questions in this particular post that your quoted and in my other posts, I'm waiting for the answers by the way. Now Let me put it this way. God is made up of His body,soul and spirit, just as we are made of the same things. God clothed His Word or intellectual part with a body and the Word became a living being living among us and that Word was Jesus Christ. Now supposing you are to remove your soul or mind and clothe it with a body, wouldn't that soul now in a body be You? Or will it be different from you? No it wouldn't, So He became the Son of God because it was the Holy Spirit that gave birth to Him and He is also the son of man because He was born from mankind which was mary. The Son of God which is the Word of God was clothed with flesh which also made Him the Son of man living among men. That is why apostle John in 1John 5:6-7, said there are 3 that bear record in heaven the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit and he said these three are one. In vs 10 of 1John 5, John said "he that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: and whoever does not believe God has made Him a liar,because he believeth not the record that God gave of His Son. And in vs 11 he said God has given unto us eternal life and this life is in the Son. Why didn't John say and this life is in God Himself? When Satan was tempting Jesus in the dessert, the devil asked if Christ was the Son of God (mathew 4:3,6) why didn't he say if Christ is God He should do this and that but rather he used the word Son of God. In conclusion, anyone who is born again and has the Spirit of God in him will understand the Trinity. John said in 1John 5:5 that anyone that overcometh the world is he that Believeth that Jesus is the Son of God. All authority has been given to Christ and God has made us joint heirs with Christ. The trinity is not something that can be really explained but it's rather something that you know when you are have come into Christ and when you receive the Holy Spirit. If we should believe what you are saying then there's no need for us to pray to God the Father of glory in the name of Jesus Christ. We become born again on the believe that the Lord Jesus our saviour came in flesh as the Son of God and was sacrificed for our sakes (took our sins away)and God in turn raised Him up from the dead in the flesh. That is what makes us believers and that is why we pray to the Father in the name of Jesus. The trinity is not something that you learn or try to understand,it's a truth that the Holy Spirit bears with our spirit. That Is why in 1John 5:10 amp " 10.He who believes in the Son of God [who adheres to, trusts in, and relies on Him] has the testimony [possesses this divine attestation] within himself. He who does not believe God [in this way] has made Him out to be and represented Him as a liar, because he has not believed (put his faith in, adhered to, and relied on) the evidence (the testimony) that God has borne regarding His Son." this divine attestation or confirmation is within us. In heaven there's the Father,Christ and the Holy Spirit and all these are one. Maybe you should do a study on the book of revelations. In Rev 20:6, you would see here we are priests of God and of Christ, in 20:9 you would see here that fire came down from God out of heaven to destroy the devils army. Also note that by that time Christ will be on Earth for the millennium rule, so Christ was reigning on earth for a 1000 years, and during the end of that 1000 years Satan was released from Prison to deceive the world again and to fight against Christ, and Now God the Father sent forth a fire from heaven, so if Christ was on earth ruling us who then sent the fire from Heaven? In rev 21:21 and through out 22, you would see John talking about the Lord God almighty and the Lamb of God. If you once believed in the Trinity I suggest you go back to it bcs it is the very foundation of our faith. If you don't blv in it any more then there's something wrong. All I can do is to pray for you. Take care brother and one day the Lord will make you understand.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 12:59pm On May 18, 2015
Shiet cry i said i was going to come back... well am back but not ready for any kind of debate. Let me just go through for now.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 1:03pm On May 18, 2015
hmmmm cant believe they want us to believe God is a union. Union!!? union of three persons. And till now, they cant help us find where it is said.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 1:13pm On May 18, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

Its not about being a JW. Is there a scripture that calls jesus God the son? Do we have a scripture which is written "God the Holy spirit"?

If that passage of scripture exists - I'll become a trinitarian.

If what u're saying is true, then its going to be in the scriptures. God introduced himself to us through the scriptures, so the scriptures should be explicit in its explanation of 3 persons in one God.

Show me the expressions God the father, God the son and God the Holy spirit.

Waiting...

That was keen.

Scripture says SON OF GOD, Trinitarians say GOD THE SON. Lets see who is right!

but i totally dont agree with the JW's view of who Jesus is! nah
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 1:34pm On May 18, 2015
[quote author=Appleyard post=33734680][/quote]

Word!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 2:41pm On May 18, 2015
[quote author=Appleyard post=33781065][/quote]
Truer words have never been spoken!
Glory to Jesus! For Him alone is God! cheesy

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 3:09pm On May 18, 2015
An2elect2:

That was keen.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
2 Pet.1:1 ......To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Heb.1:8 But to the Son (Jesus) He (the Father) says: Your throne O GOD is forever and ever.... The Father (God) calls the Son (God).
Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ
Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. Was it the Father or Jesus (the Son) that shed his blood that was referred to God here?
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said to Him (Jesus); My Lord and my God.
Phil.2:11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.
Gal.4:4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God send forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law.
In the OT and some passages in the NT, the name 'God' was used for the Father. The Son was revealed with the name Jesus, but this does not mean that Jesus is not God (not the Father but also a Creator).
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 3:14pm On May 18, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
2 Pet.1:1 ......To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Heb.1:8 But to the Son (Jesus) He (the Father) says: Your throne O GOD is forever and ever.... The Father (God) calls the Son (God).
Titus 2:13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour Jesus Christ
Acts 20:28 Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood. Was it the Father or Jesus (the Son) that shed his blood that was referred to God here?
In the OT and some passages in the NT, the name 'God' was used for the Father. The Son was revealed with the name Jesus, but this does not mean that Jesus is not God (not the Father but also a Creator).

LOL Have you ever read 1 Tim 3:16 before? common!
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 3:56pm On May 18, 2015
Appleyard:

Thus this WORD-FLESH now dwelling among men, is 100% God, and 100% Man.

I believe that one of the biggest problems with the teaching that Jesus is the same as God Almighty is that it is unintelligible and results in a person who is both A and non-A at the same time. Trinitarians say that Christ on earth was/is both “fully God” and “fully man”. As one who is “fully God” he is said to be omniscient, all-powerful, and omnipresent, yet as one who is “fully man” he would have to be limited in knowledge, power, and location. To say that a person can have all of these attributes at the same time is not just to utter something unintelligible, it is to affirm that which would normally be considered impossible. The sentence “Jesus is all-knowing yet limited in knowledge” appears to have the same logical content as the sentence “Bob is a murderer who’s never killed anyone” or “Joe is a football player who’s never played football.”

I have a problem believing in that which is logically impossible. Well, reason is part of the image of God that he stamped upon us to enable us to determine what is true and what is not true, and I can’t imagine why we’d discard that attribute when asking the most important question of all: Who/what is God?
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 4:11pm On May 18, 2015
An2elect2:

LOL Have you ever read 1 Tim 3:16 before? common!
Yes, and what next?
1Tim 3:16 .....God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles....I have already shown you that the Son is also God. Which God (the Father or the son) manifested in the flesh?
I laughed when I saw 'The zeal of the Lord has consumed me' in your profile. Really it has! (Lol)
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Appleyard(m): 4:27pm On May 18, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

I understand what you mean by God being the Father as you want to differentiate the two. When we call 'God', we are not only calling on the Father but also the Son. God is a general name under which the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit exist.

Thank you brother. Pls, tell him. They still hold 'God' to be a name.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Appleyard(m): 4:38pm On May 18, 2015
johnw74:

Yes, the three are God,
One God,
One Spirit,
Not three spirits as appleyard talked about.

Why are you so much confusing yourself? You said somewhere above that you are not refering to three Gods. Then, how come three persons are now becoming one God? For them to become one God, have'nt you made them a God each?

Then what are you complaining about?...
Who is God according to you, is He not a spirit? Who is Holy Ghost? And who is Jesus According to you?

Then why are you complaining about me quoting what you said?... Or you have suddenly forgotten your own posts? You still have them here, feel free to go back to them.

No offence meant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Appleyard(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2015
An2elect2:

You can say that again! The problem is, they kept running in circles, as they can not disprove the fact that its only One being all the time. They can't disproved the fact that Jesus is the Comforter, Just as they can't disprove the fact that Jesus is the Almighty God. Just as they can't disprove the fact that God is Omnipresent!rolleyessmiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by haffaze777(m): 5:23pm On May 18, 2015
bingbagbo:

JOHN 14 :8-9

Joh 14:8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
Joh 14:9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

HOW DO YOU INTERPRET THIS VERSE?

stop asking just believe
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by An2elect2(f): 5:55pm On May 18, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Yes, and what next?
1Tim 3:16 .....God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles....I have already shown you that the Son is also God. Which God (the Father or the son) manifested in the flesh?
I laughed when I saw 'The zeal of the Lord has consumed me' in your profile. Really it has! (Lol)

Oh man oh man. Its either you are having serious comprehension defects or you are intentionally misinterpreting the bible to favour your pagan understanding of God.

It says GOD, one being, not a fragment of God, not Father-God or Son-God, but the one God, that Jehova! He was manifested in the flesh as Jesus, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels...etc Who is this person that came in the flesh? He is no other but God himself, the Father of all creation.

Isaiah described the Messiah as both a branch
out of Jesse (the father of David) and as the root of
Jesse (Isaiah 11:1, 10; see also Revelation 22:16).

According to the flesh He was a descendant
(branch) of Jesse and David, but according to His
Spirit He was their Creator and source of life (root).

Jesus used this concept to confound the Pharisees
when He quoted Psalm 110:1 and asked, in
essence, "How could David call the Messiah Lord
when the Messiah was to be the son (descendant)
of David?" (Matthew 22:41-46).

When you see Jesus as to His deity you have seen the Father!

There are no two Gods here, only one and that's clear biblically speaking!

You laughed when you saw what? good reasoning has deserted you, that you had to pick up straws. Something is fundamentally wrong with the faith you profess. Why don't you point out the contradiction you see in my posts and what my profile says.

Trinity my foot!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 7:20pm On May 18, 2015
An2elect2:

Oh man oh man. Its either you are having serious comprehension defects or you are intentionally misinterpreting the bible to favour your pagan understanding of God.

It says GOD, one being, not a fragment of God, not Father-God or Son-God, but the one God, that Jehova! He was manifested in the flesh as Jesus, justified in the Spirit, seen by angels...etc Who is this person that came in the flesh? He is no other but God himself, the Father of all creation.

You laughed when you saw what? good reasoning has deserted you, that you had to pick up straws. Something is fundamentally wrong with the faith you profess. Why don't you point out the contradiction you see in my posts and what my profile says.

Trinity my foot!

Why do you choose to insult me? I don't use such words on people even if we disagree on an issue. Know that I was only trying to joke with you, not that I have seen something bad in what you have written in your profile. I was trying to encourage you in your zeal, but you were so fast in judging me wrongly. Anyway God's grace!
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 1:21am On May 19, 2015
Appleyard:

Why are you so much confusing yourself? You said somewhere above that you are not refering to three Gods. Then, how come three persons are now becoming one God? For them to become one God, have'nt you made them a God each?

Continued babel
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 1:39am On May 19, 2015
Appleyard:

You can say that again! rolleyessmiley

appleyard agrees with An2elect2 that Jesus alone is God,
according to that statment, the Father is not God,
they don't come any blinder than that.

An2elect2:

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 2:24am On May 19, 2015
Appleyard:

You can say that again! The problem is, they kept running in circles, as they can not disprove the fact that its only One being all the time.

You don't believe the scriptures showing God is more than one Person.

just some:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Pro 8:22 Jehovah possessed me from the beginning of His way, before His works of old.
Pro 8:30 even I was a workman at His side; and I was daily His delight, rejoicing always before Him;

Luk_3:22 And the Holy Spirit came down in a bodily shape, like a dove on Him. And a voice came from Heaven, which said, You are My Son, the Beloved; I am delighted in You.
There is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit together at the same time.

Joh_14:16 And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever,
Jesus said He will pray the Father to give the Holy Spirit,
that's three persons there.

They can't disproved the fact that Jesus is the Comforter

Joh_16:7 But I tell you the truth, it is expedient for you that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Comforter will not come to you. But if I depart, I will send Him to you.

Referring to the Holy Spirit, Jesus said "I will send Him to you",
Jesus didn't say, "I will come to you".

Just as they can't disprove the fact that Jesus is the Almighty God

You are confused, I believe the Father-God and the Son-Word is Almighty God.

Just as they can't disprove the fact that God is Omnipresent!rolleyessmiley

You are confused, I believe God's Spirit is everywhere.

as they can not disprove

They can't disproved

Just as they can't disprove

Just as they can't disprove

You cannot help but lie, can you
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 2:51am On May 19, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

Yes there are many verses showing that Jesus is God,

another one:

Mat 1:23 "Behold, the virgin shall conceive in her womb, and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel," which being interpreted is, God with us.

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 3:08am On May 19, 2015
An2elect2:

That was keen.

There has been plenty of verses posted showing that Jesus is God,
even some on this page.
biblespeaks rejects them, as many do reject scriptures these days, for what men say from their own minds.

I say Son of God, because that's what Jesus is, He became man,
doesn't mean He stopped being God the Word,
and being God the Word means he could also be called God the Son.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Many don't understand how Jesus can be the Son of God, and God as well,
it's simply because they believe something else, and some on milk here, mock what they don't believe or understand.

1 Like

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 7:30am On May 19, 2015
johnw74:

biblespeaks rejects them, as many do reject scriptures these days, for what men say from their own minds.

I say Son of God, because that's what Jesus is,He became man,

Many don't understand how Jesus can be the Son of God, and God as well.

Many can't understand because it is logically impossible for Jesus to be fully Man and fully God as well.

That is one of the biggest problems with the orthodox doctrine of Christ. It is unintelligible and results in a person who is both A and non-A at the same time. You're saying that that Christ was/is both “fully God” and “fully man". As one who is “fully God” he is said to be omniscient, all-powerful, and omnipresent, yet as one who is “fully man” he would have to be limited in knowledge, power, and location. To say that a person can have all of these attributes at the same time is not just to utter something unintelligible, it is to affirm that which would normally be considered impossible. The sentence “Jesus is all-knowing yet limited in knowledge” appears to have the same logical content as the sentence “Sam is a murderer who’s never killed anyone” or “Joe is a footeball player who’s never played football.”

I have a problem believing in that which is logically impossible. Well, reason is part of the image of God that he stamped upon us to enable us to determine what is true and what is not true, and I can’t imagine why we’ld discard that attribute when asking the most important question of all: Who/what is God?
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 8:30am On May 19, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

Many can't understand because it is logically impossible for Jesus to be fully Man and fully God as well.

That is one of the biggest problems with the orthodox doctrine of Christ. It is unintelligible and results in a person who is both A and non-A at the same time. You're saying that that Christ was/is both “fully God” and “fully man". As one who is “fully God” he is said to be omniscient, all-powerful, and omnipresent, yet as one who is “fully man” he would have to be limited in knowledge, power, and location. To say that a person can have all of these attributes at the same time is not just to utter something unintelligible, it is to affirm that which would normally be considered impossible. The sentence “Jesus is all-knowing yet limited in knowledge” appears to have the same logical content as the sentence “Sam is a murderer who’s never killed anyone” or “Joe is a footeball player who’s never played football.”

I have a problem believing in that which is logically impossible. Well, reason is part of the image of God that he stamped upon us to enable us to determine what is true and what is not true, and I can’t imagine why we’ld discard that attribute when asking the most important question of all: Who/what is God?
All we are saying is that the Son (Jesus), who has been with the Father from the beginning, came down in the form of a human being in order to save mankind. While Jesus was on earth, he maintained a very strong communication with His Father in heaven, receiving instructions from the Father on what to do always. This helped Jesus to achieve his purpose of coming to the earth. After He (Jesus) finished his ministry on earth, he went back to His Father who sent him to the world and now sits at the Father's right-hand in heaven.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 9:26am On May 19, 2015
Barnabaseloka:

All we are saying is that the Son (Jesus), who has been with the Father from the beginning, came down in the form of a human being in order to save mankind. While Jesus was on earth, he maintained a very strong communication with His Father in heaven, receiving instructions from the Father on what to do always. This helped Jesus to achieve his purpose of coming to the earth. After He (Jesus) finished his ministry on earth, he went back to His Father who sent him to the world and now sits at the Father's right-hand in heaven.

Johnw24 says jesus on earth was both fully man and fully God. What say you to that?
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Barnabaseloka(m): 11:44am On May 19, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

Johnw24 says jesus on earth was both fully man and fully God. What say you to that?
Phil.2:5-8
5. Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus,
6. who, being in the form of God, did not consider it robbery to be equal with God,
7. but MADE HIMSELF of no reputation, taking the form of a bondservant, and coming in the LIKENESS of MEN.
8. And being found in appearance as a MAN, He humbled Himself, and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus did not leave His nature as being God in heaven when He came to the earth. He only left His throne and glory (the splendour or the beauty that made Him God). That was why the Jews found it hard to believe Him.
He was born of a woman, as a human being, in the form of a man. As you know human beings are born by women. So in this regard, He is 100% man (human being). Heb.5:7-8
7. In His life on earth, Jesus made His prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God,, who could save Him from death: Because He was humble and devoted, God heard Him.
8. But even though He was God's Son, He learnt through His sufferings to be obedient.
Jesus experienced death because He was a human being as only human beings die, but not spirits.
Jesus CHOSE not to use His nature as God in everything He did during His ministry on earth. As God on earth, He could do all things (forgive sins, heal people, etc.) but as a human being, He had limitations. On earth, physically, Jesus was not everywhere, but spiritually, He was everywhere.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 1:16pm On May 19, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

Well He is the Son of God because scriptures say so for one thing,
and He is God because scriptures say so, and you have seen the verses that have been posted concerning that,
and those scriptures are plenty for those of faith.

And you misquote me to Barnabaseloka saying I said: "Johnw24 says Jesus on earth was both fully man and fully God. What say you to that?"

I said: "Many don't understand how Jesus can be the Son of God, and God as well".

If you are going to say what I said then quote me acurately,
try being honest if you can.

I have a problem believing in that which is logically impossible.

Nothing is impossible with God,
and faith is required in believing many Heavenly things which are not the same as Earthly things,
human logic wont help you, part of your problem.

You can never understand as long as you do not have a personal relationship with God,
and you cannot have a personal relationship with God when you believe the Holy Spirit is just a force or power.
You don't know Him, and more importantly, He doesn't know you.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by BIBLESPEAKS(m): 2:26pm On May 19, 2015
johnw74:

And you misquote me to Barnabaseloka saying I said: "Johnw24 says Jesus on earth was both fully man and fully God. What say you to that?"

I said: "Many don't understand how Jesus can be the Son of God, and God as well".

If you are going to say what I said then quote me acurately,
try being honest if you can.

I didn't quote you, I just relayed the thought you wrote on you thread. Look at the bolded below.

johnw74:

He became man,

Who would read that and not think u're saying Jesus was both man and God?
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Appleyard(m): 3:03pm On May 19, 2015
An2elect2:

Trinity my foot!

8-)8-)
Powerful! The Branch and the Root. Your interpretation is on point.. When Jesus confronted the Pharisees with that, they could not answer back, for GOD's ways are unsearchable! None can fathom His ways-- Isaiah 40 vs 28, Rom. 11 vs 33; except by REVELATION!
So, They 'must' go on fragmentizing God.

Now, brother, check this;

who did Abraham in the Old testament had encounter with? Who met with him? Who promised him a child-Isaac, and gave him that child? Who asked him to leave his people and go to another place? Who ask him to sacrifice Isaac, and son?
None else, but JEHOVAH GOD! Not the Son nor Holy Ghost, right?

But.....behold the shocker!

John 8 vs 56;

Your Father Abraham REJOICED to see my Day; and he saw it, and WAS glad.

Blood of God! Did you get that, or is something wrong with my copy of the Bible?shocked

Why?

Where in the Old testament was it ever mentioned that Abraham saw Jesus Christ, heard instructions and recieved promises from Him, and so became GLAD? Or was told about His coming in the future? No place at all!
Then does it mean that our Lord Jesus is telling a Lie? God forbid!

Boooooooooom!

Another fact!

JESUS CHRIST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IS JEHOVAH OF THE OLD TESTAMENT!

Hahhahahahahahaha !cheesycheesycheesy

Oh, Glorious God!

.One being all the time! What a Mystery!

No wonder the bible asked (1 Cor. 1vs20) where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the disputer of this world? In other words, where are the remnants from the wake of the Nicene council, and the die-hards of Roman Catholic creeds and dogmas? For God (vs 21) had destroyed the wisdom of this world.

But unto us, (those who know the truth) preach and accept Christ (the word that became Flesh) THE POWER OF GOD and THE WISDOM OF GOD (vs 24)

Brothers, shout JESUS!cheesycheesycheesy

TRINITARIANISM IS PAGANISM!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by johnw74: 3:06pm On May 19, 2015
BIBLESPEAKS:

I didn't quote you, I just relayed the thought you wrote on you thread. Look at the bolded below.

Your saying" johnw said", is quoting me, and as it's not what I said so it is lying.

BIBLESPEAKS:

Johnw24 says Jesus on earth was both fully man and fully God. What say you to that?

why is it so hard for jw to be honest?
well I know why, but you can think on it.
Re: TRINITARIANS, How Do You Honestly Interpret This Verse In The Bible? by Appleyard(m): 3:08pm On May 19, 2015
johnw74:

Continued babel

......only that there are no more circles you can run around....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Spiritual Vitamins A To Z / What Is The Spiritual Effect Of Sleeping With A Woman On Period / Testimony Of A Former Jesuit Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.