Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707281 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:31am On Jun 25, 2015
warriboy21:

ok thanks..but they dont accept fix deposit statement at the embassy...so wat do i do
I really don't know.

You probably could ask the VO on the other thread if they accept that or not.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by exxy(m): 6:10am On Jun 25, 2015
Hey house, any body with an idea of a school where one can study Engineering with a scholarship (SAT) ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by charzyh2: 6:40am On Jun 25, 2015
nairapolice:
Visa granted today in lagos...Mo sope
V.O: Where are u going in U.S
Me: FIU for MSC Biotechnology
V.o: Why biotechnology
Me: Because of Ebola, i want to fight the dreaded disease
V.o: Have you been to U.S before
Me: I have been to U.S more than you yourself(hisses)
V.o: Sorry if you got pissed off by that question. Your visa is approved bla bla bla
Me: Thats good. Thanks

You don miss road
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:52am On Jun 25, 2015
f8luv87:
How can I schedule an appointment?
Have u fill ur DS-160 form? If no fill it here https://ceac.state.gov/genniv but don't submit yet. An application ID will be given to you, u will need that ID in booking your appointment.

Then go to www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp to schedule ur appointment.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:54am On Jun 25, 2015
f8luv87:
If I pay to Gtbank,do I need any document to schedule an appointment?
After paying to GTB you are going to be issue a receipt. You need the MRV number on d receipt to schedule. I sent u a PM, pls reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 7:05am On Jun 25, 2015
URGENT RESPONSE PLEASE: I have already printed my confirmation page and also scheduled appointment. On the confirmation page, i was only told to bring my photo(2 by 2) no place was given to upload any digital passport while i was filling the ds-160 form. Please is this normal?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:05am On Jun 25, 2015
exxy:
Hey house, any body with an idea of a school where one can study Engineering with a scholarship (SAT) ?
Want a school in East Coast or West Coast? Any specific engineering?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 25, 2015
briefty:
URGENT RESPONSE PLEASE: I have already printed my confirmation page and also scheduled appointment. On the confirmation page, i was only told to bring my photo(2 by 2) no place was given to upload any digital passport while i was filling the ds-160 form. Please is this normal?
Absolutely normal.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:13am On Jun 25, 2015
kessel:
Good day everyone. I want to use this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who has contributed in this forum. Ve been a silent follower for sometime until now. I ve been making some research about doing MSc in United States and the responses and advice from this forum has really been helpful.
Here is my issue.... am a registered nurse in Nigeria seeking to do my MSc and also practice in the USA and a friend over there told me one of the best way was to come with a visiting visa and as soon as I crossed that the visa can be changed to student visa over there and then I can seek for an admission. I really don't know the possibility of that. I really will appreciate if great minds here can shed more light on this. Thanks.
.... .. She also said a friend would be doing his wedding wt a US citizen so d dude will be traveling with his grooms from Nigeria and he charged 1million to add me as one of his groom and then we go to embassy as a group so that the visa won't be refused I don't know if the price is a fair one or if I ve other option of getting a visiting visa would be cheaper. Thanks in anticipation.
Bro that friend of yours is not a friend. Never u call him a friend again. 1million just to be among the groom men. That's a scam bro. Telling you going through visiting Visa is the best way to enter...... he really need ur money urgently. Infact ur chances of getting a Visa dat way is 10%

My advice for you is look for a good school in USA apply and get admission. Don't be too desperate. Make sure d school is far from dat ur so called friend cos if u plan to stay wit him or close to him wen u get to US he's gonna troll ur load outside d next day.

Never u tell him ur plans again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:14am On Jun 25, 2015
briefty:
Yea. U dont need to upload any passport. You go to d embassy with ur passport photograph
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 7:21am On Jun 25, 2015
kennyrony:

Yea. U font need to upload any passport. You go to d embassy with ur passport photograph
Thanks so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 7:23am On Jun 25, 2015
seedord247:

1. No two words to describe it, it's SCAM broo.

2. You cant change from visitor (B1 visa) to student (F1 visa) lai lai koo joor

3. If you take the path most of us here have taken, i doubt if you will be spending upto $1000 except for flight.

3. Take your time and go through all the pages on this thread, i promised you, you wont regret it.

4. 1 milla is alot bro unless you have money to waste.. You can go ahead and dash that swindler
You can change but the chances is slim.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 7:26am On Jun 25, 2015
DeeTus:
Absolutely normal.
Thanks for your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 7:45am On Jun 25, 2015
Thanks y'all, u jus saved my butts . It was actually a she nd wz open fr negotiations that it was a friend of hers doing the wedding nd wld refund 80% of whatever payment if the visa ddnt go tru(For the record please.. I am not desperate for a visa) . And she says she came in with a visiting visa and then converted to student.
Someone should please tell me where I could take this toefl exam nd GRE. Am hoping to apply to Morgan state university soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 25, 2015
SAMadex11:

Jesus Christ!!!!!!!! One million Naira? For visiting Visa? Please my brother don`t open your two eye and enter canal, this is Life scammer.
Chai, Chai, Chai. God dey oooooooooooooooo
Hahahaha. Why Jesus? Don't you know that Nigerians are so desperate for visa?

I could remember when I went to one of the embassies with my little cousin. Met a man who could hardly fill a form given to him probably due to time and anxiety. cheesy

While some agents were telling him 10k, others were saying 12k, 15k and so on.

The man said something in one of the local languages, meaning things have fallen apart, then i started laughing.

Then he looked at me and said oga, please can you help me? I only have 3k with me now. I said Sir, don't worry, it's absolutely free.

He then looked at me constantly for like 1 minute. Was so surprised. I said bring the form. He gave it to me. I said while I fill the form, just be saying, I'll get my visa in Jesus name till i finish filling this form.

So immediately i finished filling the form, he gave me his bag and wallet and asked me to hold them and went inside, i said Lord, pls let this man and my cousin be successful. I am not perfect but i've tried my best in a difficult time.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 9:02am On Jun 25, 2015
Deetus cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 25, 2015
Pius Okugbere undecided

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 9:09am On Jun 25, 2015
slimmy05:
Pius Okugbere undecided
Awake?..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 25, 2015
kennyrony:

Awake?..
I dey do yahoo tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 25, 2015
My guy My guy undecided Lai Muhammed

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 25, 2015
profojah:
My guy My guy undecided Lai Muhammed
cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 25, 2015
slimmy05:
cheesy
cheesy grin cheesy grin i gast hail my guy na

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 25, 2015
amanze15:
Deetus cheesy
My brother, a lot of things are happening outside the embassies. These agents are making cool monies both home and abroad.

Some of them charge for IV and other documents as high as 1k USD per person. Calculate 1k USD multiply by 50 and you should how much it is.

There's nothing like refund. If you fail, they'll tell you to try again. That life is not easy and give you discount.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 25, 2015
DeeTus:
Hahahaha. Why Jesus? Don't you know that Nigerians are so desperate for visa?

I could remember when I went to one of the embassies with my little cousin. Met a man who could hardly fill a form given to him probably due to time and anxiety. cheesy

While some agents were telling him 10k, others were saying 12k, 15k and so on.

The man said something in one of the local languages, meaning things have fallen apart, then i started laughing.

Then he looked at me and said oga, please can you help me? I only have 3k with me now. I said Sir, don't worry, it's absolutely free.

He then looked at me constantly for like 1 minute. Was so surprised. I said bring the form. He gave it to me. I said while I fill the form, just be saying, I'll get my visa in Jesus name till i finish filling this form.

So immediately i finished filling the form, he gave me his bag and wallet and asked me to hold them and went inside, i said Lord, pls let this man and my cousin be successful. I am not perfect but i've tried my best in a difficult time.
An illiterate or a even Conc dyslexic should have a son/daughter/ or any relatives, who is able to read and write atleast to have followed him to the embassy...Just saying tho

Anyways, you're a good Samaritan,..keep it up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Wadosky(m): 10:01am On Jun 25, 2015
Hi everyone,
I have a problem I wish anybody can contribute ,
I was invited to an exchange programme in newyork ,I have made my payments including visa payment n booked a date for the interview.
In two of d supporting documents from my sponsors my name was not spelt correctly of which I have written to the anchor n she made same mistake by ommiting my surname.I tried to reach her again but it seems she is irritated and stopped responding to my mails.
I want to know how this will affect my chances of passing the interview since I will be presenting those documents on d day of interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 25, 2015
Wadosky:
Hi everyone,
I was invited to an exchange programme in newyork ,I have made my payments including visa payment n booked a date for the interview.
In two of d supporting documents from my sponsors my name was not spelt correctly of which I have written to the anchor n she made same mistake by ommiting my surname.I tried to reach her again but it seems she is irritated and stopped responding to my mails.
I want to know how this will affect my chances of passing the interview since I will be presenting those documents on d day of interview.
Tell the agent to try another route for you. How will you pay and anchor will stop responding or pissed at your complaints? This is not Africa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Wadosky(m): 10:10am On Jun 25, 2015
Hi everyone,
Hi dear
Please I have a problem,
I was invited to an exchange programme in new York and I made d necessary payments including visa payments and I have equally booked a date for the interview.
My problem is that in two of the supporting documents from my sponsor,my name was wrongly spelt and I made contacts with them again,this time in trying to correct it they ommited my surname. I tried to reach her again and it seems she is not responding to my mails again.
How will this affect my chances of a visa n what steps should I take in trying to rectify this problems.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Urch1980(m): 10:14am On Jun 25, 2015
HI EVERYONE,PLEASE i need URGENT RESPONSE. thanks.
not been able to retrieve my ds 160 form for completion.it's been giving me an error report. and the thing there is i have already scheduled for a visa interview using the id. number. has anyone ever experienced this before; and how did you solve the problem?

thanks for your responses peeps
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Wadosky(m): 10:19am On Jun 25, 2015
slimmy05:
Tell the agent to try another route for you. How will you pay and anchor will stop responding or pissed at your complaints? This is not Africa
May be you don't understand,
The representative of my sponsor which is a university in two of the documents sent to me made a mistake in my name of which I complained in email.in responding to my problem,she ommited my surname again and I have been writing her without her response.
Mind you I will be taking those documents to the embassy soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mystiqme: 10:56am On Jun 25, 2015
Wadosky:

May be you don't understand,
The representative of my sponsor which is a university in two of the documents sent to me made a mistake in my name of which I complained in email.in responding to my problem,she ommited my surname again and I have been writing her without her response.
Mind you I will be taking those documents to the embassy soon.
What rubbish? Go to the university's website and mail someone in the international office. Explain your issues and mention how you have been communicating with someone and that suddenly stopped.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 11:34am On Jun 25, 2015
Urch1980:
HI EVERYONE,PLEASE i need URGENT RESPONSE. thanks.
not been able to retrieve my ds 160 form for completion.it's been giving me an error report. and the thing there is i have already scheduled for a visa interview using the id. number. has anyone ever experienced this before; and how did you solve the problem?

thanks for your responses peeps

To retrieve it, you will need to know your Application ID, the first five letters of your surname, and the answer to your security question. With these, you shouldn't get any error. It's advisable you do that with Internet Explorer.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Wadosky(m): 11:36am On Jun 25, 2015
Mystiqme:

What rubbish? Go to the university's website and mail someone in the international office. Explain your issues and mention how you have been communicating with someone and that suddenly stopped.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.