Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (708026 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
SAMadex11:

My brother you cannot request for emergency interview right now! the emergency request start from 7th of August.
How did you know that? Tell me. It's like it's nolonger as usual. Tell us more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
briefty:
URGENT RESPONSE PLEASE: I have already printed my confirmation page and also scheduled appointment. On the confirmation page, i was only told to bring my photo(2 by 2) no place was given to upload any digital passport while i was filling the ds-160 form. Please is this normal?

Are you sure you saw 2cmx2cm or 5cmx5cm?
Please it's 5cmx5cm!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bhjedi: 3:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
SAMadex11:

My brother you cannot request for emergency interview right now! the emergency request start from 7th of August.

Nope. Your got it wrong. The website states: "The first available date would be 7/13/2015." That is July 13th and not August 7th. You can recheck for yourself.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
amanze15:
boiz don dey doubt of na scam oyibo do US... grin. No cause for alarm, God is faithful wink
no be play o
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by SAMadex11(m): 3:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
DeeTus:
How did you know that? Tell me. It's like it's nolonger as usual. Tell us more.

You know Us embassy stuff. They had rules regulation for everything. I just booked my appointment yesterday and I was lucky to get 27th of July after that i tried to require for emergency channel probably before July 27th because my sch resume on August 10th but the screen grad I received was I can only apply for emergence date if my appointment date start from August 7th upward.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
efizzy22:
my visa was approved on 22nd of June, no document was asked just ds-160 here is my story.
Visa Officer was a white man around the age of 40 at counter 9( Abuja consulate).
VO. good morning young man
me. good morning sir. with a fake smile which he noticed immediately.
vo. thats a fake smile you know (frowning)
me (now laughing)...
vo. yea... thats the real smile (with a smiling face). so what brings you to the united states
me. sir im going to u.s to study for my bachelor's degree in business admin. and management
vo. which school
me. benedict college, Columbia south Carolina
vo. why this school and why the course.
me. the school is of old age with renowned faculty in business admini and i met the professor in charge of international program in Abuja at a workshop and the explanations she gave to me about the school got me fascinated, i applied and i was lucky to get it. and i want to study buss. admini cuz im gonna come back someday and handle my dad's business.
vo. {was nt even looking at me as i was explaining he typed for few mins and looked at me and asked} how do u intend funding your education?
me. my dad will pay
vo. what is your dad doing for a living
me. he has a company
vo. what type of company
me.( didnt really hear the English at this point cuz he was too fast) pardon?
vo. (looked up from his system with a frown without saying word).
me.( i quickly grabbed his question) oh sorry sir( with a smile) he has a company which is into xxxxx and xxxx and xxxxx.
vo. (kept tying for few seconds then the golden word came ) you visa has been approved you should track it online to know when to pick it up we having issues in printing (handed the collection paper to me) but look into this paper and see better ways to collect your visa at the collection center. plz if your visa is not ready before the time to report on your i-20 contact your school to push your resumption date further otherwise if you get to the port of entry on a wrong date, they will bundle you back to this your country. do you understand?
me. YES SIR!!. thank you so much.
when he was picking the collection paper i thought its was the 214b rejection paper oo my heart kept beating fast but composed myself and kept praying because 7 months ago i was rejected by an angry white woman in abuja. in all na baba GODWIN !!!!
Bro please where did u do ur TOEFL & GRE OR GMAT.
And what are the processes and cost. Tnx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kessel: 3:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
Some please advice me on where I can write the TOEFL exam and what the cost is. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bhjedi: 3:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
kessel:

Please do drop your number in my mailbox firmcy@gmail.com or drop it here, I need an urgent info from you. Thanks in anticipation.

Done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by haffikem(m): 3:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
slimmy05:
This is a useless transcript. If those that dropped their types like this would have benefited from the information?

i also thought as much....very useless.

but congrats .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Notonlyamerika: 4:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
bhjedi:

Yes sir, F1 visa, first timer. Since i have already selected August 3rd, how do i apply for the emergency interview and would i pay any additional fee? Btw, Thank u for responding to my question.
D emergency interview doesn't depend on whether its ur first or second time. Its always approved only when ur course resumption date is within 60 days from the date of the emergency request and u haven't been denied visa within the last six months. No additional fee, just contact the embassy at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 4:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
djmakson:

Please it's 5cmx5cm!
She said 2 by 2, that's d same as 5cm x 5cm

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bhjedi: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
Notonlyamerika:

D emergency interview doesn't depend on whether its ur first or second time. Its always approved only when ur course resumption date is within 60 days from the date of the emergency request and u haven't been denied visa within the last six months. No additional fee, just contact the embassy at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Thank u for this.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
bhjedi:

Yes sir, F1 visa, first timer. Since i have already selected August 3rd, how do i apply for the emergency interview and would i pay any additional fee? Btw, Thank u for responding to my question.

You are eligible then. You need not pay any extra fee for an emergency interview.

To book an emergency interview, you need first book a date, even if it is December 25, 2035. It doesn't matter. You already booked one anyway. Next, visit your visa interview profile, you should see the link that says emergency interview booking to the left-hand side (upper left, during my time, not sure if the page has been redesigned now), click on it, fill out the form, scan and attach your I-20 and SEVIS fee receipt. Enter your reason for emergency interview, say to arrive US early to meet up with a Professor in the department for a potential job position in the department, or to attend a job interview for a position on campus, etc. Usually, requests are granted or denied within 24 hours. You should get a positive response before the end of 24 hours after applying.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
SAMadex11:

You know Us embassy stuff. They had rules regulation for everything. I just booked my appointment yesterday and I was lucky to get 27th of July after that i tried to require for emergency channel probably before July 27th because my sch resume on August 10th but the screen grad I received was I can only apply for emergence date if my appointment date start from August 7th upward.
Okay.

SEVIS are also upgrading their system.

It's all good anyway.

@Profdot, wats up man? Any questions for me? Can u write your email on your profile wall so as to reply u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 4:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
kessel:
Some please advice me on where I can write the TOEFL exam and what the cost is. Thanks

Owerri, Port Harcourt, Aba, Lagos, Benin, Abuja, etc.

The last time I checked it was $180 or so.

Get more information here: http:www.ets.org/toefl

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Okay, I thought I wouldn't have to disturb anyone from here concerning my (initially, a small matter but now turning to a big one) matter.

To save my potential adviser stories, here is it's summary;

I already got an admission for a graduate program (Standardized test was exempted) which I had to defer from last spring to this fall because of my job.

My I-20 is en-route Nigeria through an expedited mail service.

I took the initiative coupled with the advise of a good guy from here to write Toefl or GRE. I chose GRE because it will not only reignite my already acada-dull head but would also serve to convince the VO that I'm actually going to study.

I planned taking it on the 9th of next month but sh*t happened. ----That's another story-----

I've been trying to register on ETS website for over an hour but I keep getting "not successful" on the merchant's (ets) website.

Used both my VISA (UBA Africard) card and same card linked with Paypal. (It's pending on paypal status but returning as unsuccessful on ets website)

I'd really appreciate anyone with a way forward. Help a brother. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2015
Notonlyamerika:

Asking one if they are applying for the first time is also another way of automatically cancelling out the 'applied within the last 6 months' requirement. Basically, anybody who answers 'yes' to the question has definitely never been denied within the last 6 months. You get the drift now?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
djmakson:

Please it's 5cmx5cm!

2 inches is approx 5cm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by briefty(f): 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
djmakson:

Please it's 5cmx5cm!
i meant 5cm by 5cm which is equal to 2 by 2inch
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 5:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
gsun:
Thanks guys for your kindness. I have been sent the papers from a forum member

You're welcome. Good luck! Some nice soul on this forum was able to get to it much quicker than me. cheesy

Do keep us updated on how you are going.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
meritdee:
Okay, I thought I wouldn't have to disturb anyone from here concerning my (initially, a small matter but now turning to a big one) matter.

I already got an admission for a graduate program (Standardized test was exempted) which I had to defer from last spring to this fall because of my job.

I took the initiative coupled with the advise of a good guy from here to write Toefl or GRE. I chose GRE because it will not only reignite my already acada-dull head but would also serve to convince the VO that I'm actually going to study.

I planned taking it on the 9th of next month but sh*t happened. ----That's another story-----

I've been trying to register on ETS website for over an hour but I keep getting "not successful" on the merchant's (ets) website.

Used both my VISA (UBA Africard) card and same card linked with Paypal. (It's pending on paypal status but returning as unsuccessful on ets website)

The synopsis of this epistle is that you want to register for GRE using the PayPal route but couldn't, right? You have plethora of options but one sure option is to contact someone in the US to help you register, I'll recommend Bigfrancis21, Slimmy 05 or anyone who can help out.
Cc: profojah, Bigfrancis21, slimmy05..........

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
meritdee:

Sure, I can help you out if you want.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by innovativeame(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Thanks for the expeditious response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bhjedi: 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You are eligible then. You need not pay any extra fee for an emergency interview.

To book an emergency interview, you need first book a date, even if it is December 25, 2035. It doesn't matter. You already booked one anyway. Next, visit your visa interview profile, you should see the link that says emergency interview booking to the left-hand side (upper left, during my time, not sure if the page has been redesigned now), click on it, fill out the form, scan and attach your I-20 and SEVIS fee receipt. Enter your reason for emergency interview, say to arrive US early to meet up with a Professor in the department for a potential job position in the department, or to attend a job interview for a position on campus, etc. Usually, requests are granted or denied within 24 hours. You should get a positive response before the end of 24 hours after applying.

Thank you for this boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
innovativeame:

The synopsis of this epistle is that you want to register for GRE using the PayPal route but couldn't, right? You have plethora of options but one sure option is to contact someone in the US to help you register, I'll recommend Bigfrancis21, Slimmy 05 or anyone who can help out.
Cc: profojah, Bigfrancis21, slimmy05..........

Yes o, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Cool, what do I do?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
meritdee:

Cool, what do I do?

First send me your account log in details.

Then pay in the equivalent of the amount, $195, in naira into my account, details I can send you. I will log in and pay from here in the US.

You can visit my profile and shoot me an email.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Owerri, Port Harcourt, Aba, Lagos, Benin, Abuja, etc.

The last time I checked it was $180 or so.

Get more information here: http:www.ets.org/toefl

Ibadan inclusive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by meritdee(m): 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:

First send me your account log in details.

Then pay in the equivalent of the amount, $195, in naira into my account, details I can send you. I will log in and pay from here in the US.

You can visit my profile and shoot me an email.

Sent
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2015
Oga Deetus, please finish this story, did he get the Visa?This story is interesting..Hope isn't a season film..
DeeTus:
Hahahaha. Why Jesus? Don't you know that Nigerians are so desperate for visa?

I could remember when I went to one of the embassies with my little cousin. Met a man who could hardly fill a form given to him probably due to time and anxiety. cheesy

While some agents were telling him 10k, others were saying 12k, 15k and so on.

The man said something in one of the local languages, meaning things have fallen apart, then i started laughing.

Then he looked at me and said oga, please can you help me? I only have 3k with me now. I said Sir, don't worry, it's absolutely free.

He then looked at me constantly for like 1 minute. Was so surprised. I said bring the form. He gave it to me. I said while I fill the form, just be saying, I'll get my visa in Jesus name till i finish filling this form.

So immediately i finished filling the form, he gave me his bag and wallet and asked me to hold them and went inside, i said Lord, pls let this man and my cousin be successful. I am not perfect but i've tried my best in a difficult time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by femysmart: 8:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
My program started on 22nd. My visa was approved on June 16.. but yet to collect visa. I have informed the school abt this delay.

Please is there any thing I can still do or request from the school to prevent being booted back at PoE.

Is there a maximum no of days after which one might be refused entry?

And I know this place is not the us embassy. .but any body has an idea when this visa will be released?

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.