Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (121) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707249 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 11:41am On Jun 25, 2015
Wadosky:
Hi everyone,
I have a problem I wish anybody can contribute ,
I was invited to an exchange programme in newyork ,I have made my payments including visa payment n booked a date for the interview.
In two of d supporting documents from my sponsors my name was not spelt correctly of which I have written to the anchor n she made same mistake by ommiting my surname.I tried to reach her again but it seems she is irritated and stopped responding to my mails.
I want to know how this will affect my chances of passing the interview since I will be presenting those documents on d day of interview.

Talk to your sponsor directly. What kind of exchange program representative is that sef? Those that I know are always willing to help. Please, talk to any higher authority. God bless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by DanjaNinja(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by DanjaNinja(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2015
nairapolice:
Visa granted today in lagos...Mo sope
V.O: Where are u going in U.S
Me: FIU for MSC Biotechnology
V.o: Why biotechnology
Me: Because of Ebola, i want to fight the dreaded disease
V.o: Have you been to U.S before
Me: I have been to U.S more than you yourself(hisses)
V.o: Sorry if you got pissed off by that question. Your visa is approved bla bla bla
Me: Thats good. Thanks

Chai bros, u can Lie o!!!! tongue tongue tongue

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Wadosky(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2015
Mystiqme:

What rubbish? Go to the university's website and mail someone in the international office. Explain your issues and mention how you have been communicating with someone and that suddenly stopped.
Thanks but I copied the international office in all the mails I have been sending.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:49am On Jun 25, 2015
profojah:

An illiterate or a even Conc dyslexic should have a son/daughter/ or any relatives, who is able to read and write atleast to have followed him to the embassy...Just saying tho

Anyways, you're a good Samaritan,..keep it up

Thanks. Life is intriguing and sometimes we have to do our best to help other people and other people to help us too.

That is why I do not underestimate anyone, not even a kid.

I love kids and sometimes do play with them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Wadosky(m): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2015
godG:

Talk to your sponsor directly. What kind of exchange program representative is that sef? Those that I know are always willing to help. Please, talk to any higher authority. God bless.
It's a training programme on communication skills by a university in new York.I copied their international office in all the mails I have been sending to them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by godG: 12:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Wadosky:

It's a training programme on communication skills by a university in new York.I copied their international office in all the mails I have been sending to them.

Oh, great. Congrats on your selection.

But then this sounds silly of them. Is it the IO that will be responsible for financing the program? If it's, then you should fusillade them with phone calls. If otherwise, you should keep sending mails cc-ing as many people as you can and hoping things get sorted. I wish you well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Wadosky(m): 12:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
godG:

Oh, great. Congrats on your selection.

But then this sounds silly of them. Is it the IO that will be responsible for financing the program? If it's, then you should fusillade them with phone calls. If otherwise, you should keep sending mails cc-ing as many people as you can and hoping things get sorted. I wish you well.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bhjedi: 12:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
@walspring, @slimmy05, @profojah @zeezahbee @bigfrancis21 @imperioux @godG and everyone else
Please help house.

Please am fairly new to the visa booking process so forgive my naivette. The closest regular available Visa booking date is 3rd of August and my school resumes on the 19th of August. I have already booked for the 3rd of August but i was wondering if i could request for an emergency interview since the interview date is quite close to the date of resumption. Please what do you recommend?

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by PussySandie(f): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
Kenyrony please send me a mail on Sandie_ussien@yahoo.com,I want to ask u a question
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Joetobs: 12:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is my first time of posting on Nair a land, but has been a follower for ages. I am doing this today cause I got lots of help through my visa process on this forum.

Went for my interview today June 25 2015 was up for the 7:30 appointment.
This is how it went

VO: good morning

Me: smiled, Good morning

VO: so what's taking you to the US

Me: studies

VO: where

Me: ...school in Texas (he knows the school)

VO: why... School

Me: good educational standard and research

VO: and a good football team

Me: yeah that's true

VO: so what you doing now?

Me. Told him

VO: have you traveled to the US before?

Me: no

VO: have you traveled out of the Country?

Me: yes

Vo: where?

Me: Israel

VO: passed a form. You can pick your visa....

Didn't ask me for a single document. I know it is God. To all those in season 7 on your search remember nothing is impossible

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
Joetobs:
This is my first time of posting on Nair a land, but has been a follower for ages. I am doing this today cause I got lots of help through my visa process on this forum.

This is how it went

Me. Told him

Didn't ask me for a single document. I know it is God. To all those in season 7 on your search remember nothing is impossible

congratulations.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bigfrancis21: 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
bhjedi:
@walspring, @slimmy05, @profojah @zeezahbee @bigfrancis21 @imperioux @godG and everyone else
Please help house.

Please am fairly new to the visa booking process so forgive my naivette. The closest regular available Visa booking date is 3rd of August and my school resumes on the 19th of August. I have already booked for the 3rd of August but i was wondering if i could request for an emergency interview since the interview date is quite close to the date of resumption. Please what do you recommend?

Thank you.

Yes you can. Is this your first time of applying for a US visa, student or visitor's visa?

If no, have you applied in the last 6 months?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by efizzy22: 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
my visa was approved on 22nd of June, no document was asked just ds-160 here is my story.
Visa Officer was a white man around the age of 40 at counter 9( Abuja consulate).
VO. good morning young man
me. good morning sir. with a fake smile which he noticed immediately.
vo. thats a fake smile you know (frowning)
me (now laughing)...
vo. yea... thats the real smile (with a smiling face). so what brings you to the united states
me. sir im going to u.s to study for my bachelor's degree in business admin. and management
vo. which school
me. benedict college, Columbia south Carolina
vo. why this school and why the course.
me. the school is of old age with renowned faculty in business admini and i met the professor in charge of international program in Abuja at a workshop and the explanations she gave to me about the school got me fascinated, i applied and i was lucky to get it. and i want to study buss. admini cuz im gonna come back someday and handle my dad's business.
vo. {was nt even looking at me as i was explaining he typed for few mins and looked at me and asked} how do u intend funding your education?
me. my dad will pay
vo. what is your dad doing for a living
me. he has a company
vo. what type of company
me.( didnt really hear the English at this point cuz he was too fast) pardon?
vo. (looked up from his system with a frown without saying word).
me.( i quickly grabbed his question) oh sorry sir( with a smile) he has a company which is into xxxxx and xxxx and xxxxx.
vo. (kept tying for few seconds then the golden word came ) you visa has been approved you should track it online to know when to pick it up we having issues in printing (handed the collection paper to me) but look into this paper and see better ways to collect your visa at the collection center. plz if your visa is not ready before the time to report on your i-20 contact your school to push your resumption date further otherwise if you get to the port of entry on a wrong date, they will bundle you back to this your country. do you understand?
me. YES SIR!!. thank you so much.
when he was picking the collection paper i thought its was the 214b rejection paper oo my heart kept beating fast but composed myself and kept praying because 7 months ago i was rejected by an angry white woman in abuja. in all na baba GODWIN !!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 12:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
no mail yet,June 12 people abuja 7.30am anything yet,amanze15, how far?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by DanjaNinja(m): 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hi all. I just booked my Visa appointment using the GTBank internet banking platform. It was fast and seamless. Took me less than 5 minutes, all from the comfort of my home. If you have internet banking on Gtbank or know anyone who does, i would encourage you to use this method cos its pretty fast and stress free.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bhjedi: 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Yes you can. Is this your first time of applying for a US visa, student or visitor's visa?

If no, have you applied in the last 6 months?

Yes sir, F1 visa, first timer. Since i have already selected August 3rd, how do i apply for the emergency interview and would i pay any additional fee? Btw, Thank u for responding to my question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Joetobs:

This is how it went

Me. Told him

Congrats man. Which Man of God did you meet before your interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by technolee(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
DanjaNinja:
Hi all. I just booked my Visa appointment using the GTBank internet banking platform. It was fast and seamless. Took me less than 5 minutes, all from the comfort of my home. If you have internet banking on Gtbank or know anyone who does, i would encourage you to use this method cos its pretty fast and stress free.
True. I enjoyed it in my time too. Stress free and you will see your receipt number asap. I wish you all the best in your interview to come.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Joetobs: 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
I am my own MoG. Thanks man
DeeTus:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
Joetobs:
I am my own MoG. Thanks man
U welcome. Ur school should be in California, yeah?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 1:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
bartino:
no mail yet,June 12 people abuja 7.30am anything yet,amanze15, how far?
we wait
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 1:57pm On Jun 25, 2015
efizzy22:
my visa was approved on 22nd of June, no document was asked just ds-160 here is my story.
Visa Officer was a white man around the age of 40 at counter 9( Abuja consulate).
me (now laughing)...
vo. yea... thats the real smile (with a smiling face). so what brings you to the united states
me. sir im going to u.s to study for my bachelor's degree in business admin. and management
vo. which school
me. the school is of old age with renowned faculty in business admini and i met the professor in charge of international program in Abuja at a workshop and the explanations she gave to me about the school got me fascinated, i applied and i was lucky to get it. and i want to study buss. admini cuz im gonna come back someday and handle my dad's business.
vo. {was nt even looking at me as i was explaining he typed for few mins and looked at me and asked} how do u intend funding your education?
me. my dad will pay
me. he has a company
vo. what type of company
me.( i quickly grabbed his question) oh sorry sir( with a smile) he has a company which is into xxxxx and xxxx and xxxxx.
vo. (kept tying for few seconds then the golden word came ) you visa has been approved you should track it online to know when to pick it up we having issues in printing (handed the collection paper to me) but look into this paper and see better ways to collect your visa at the collection center. plz if your visa is not ready before the time to report on your i-20 contact your school to push your resumption date further otherwise if you get to the port of entry on a wrong date, they will bundle you back to this your country. do you understand?
when he was picking the collection paper i thought its was the 214b rejection paper oo my heart kept beating fast but composed myself and kept praying because 7 months ago i was rejected by an angry white woman in abuja. in all na baba GODWIN !!!!

Congratulations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ridimic1: 1:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Joetobs:

This is how it went

Me. Told him

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 2:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
efizzy22:
me (now laughing)...
vo. which school
me. my dad will pay
me. he has a company
vo. what type of company
lots of angry female VOs at abuja consulate would be interviewing u like sey u collect her money......congrats bro God bless our aspirations
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
PussySandie:
Kenyrony please send me a mail on Sandie_ussien@yahoo.com,I want to ask u a question
Message Sent....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
DeeTus:
Lol. Abi... make he introduce me to dat man of God. lol
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by SAMadex11(m): 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
bhjedi:

Yes sir, F1 visa, first timer. Since i have already selected August 3rd, how do i apply for the emergency interview and would i pay any additional fee? Btw, Thank u for responding to my question.

My brother you cannot request for emergency interview right now! the emergency request start from 7th of August.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
Joetobs:

This is how it went

Me. Told him

This is a useless transcript. If those that dropped their types like this would have benefited from the information?

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by femysmart: 3:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
amanze15:
we wait

I hope it comes on Friday ooo. It will give us( June 16) hope.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
kennyrony:

Lol. Abi... make he introduce me to dat man of God. lol
Hehehe Kenny G wants Man of God. A big guy like you don't need it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 3:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
femysmart:

I hope it comes on Friday ooo. It will give us( June 16) hope.
boiz don dey doubt of na scam oyibo do US... grin. No cause for alarm, God is faithful wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.