Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,669 members, 7,823,894 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (52528 Views)

Question Of The Day: Can You Date Without Sex? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone 12 Years Older Or Younger Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Revolva(m): 6:36pm On May 14, 2015
All dis naija babe sabi lie..dem can even date hunchback of notredammm as long as he can pay their bills...
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by donneyo2(m): 6:38pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

U have ur kind of virtues u look out for in women..I have mine and as sure as hell, a poor command of English is not a virtue..u know that too even if u don't want to accept it, its a huge turn off
Spoken English makes a turn on 4 υ, ἶ wonder what ωσυℓ∂ þε σƒ you when you see someone like Wole Soyinka. I guess You'll almost die.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 14, 2015
BlissB:
Wups!....thkGod u knw...
Lol.
That wasn't necessary though.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Mzdivacious(f): 6:41pm On May 14, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I lied about what pretty girl?
about the eloquence n accent part
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by staymore: 6:48pm On May 14, 2015
subbieD:
To me, I think English is not everything....

Imagine ds;

Man A- English No Money

Man B- Money No English ..... I will Def go for Man B nd get a Gud teacher 4 him Wc settles d whole fin....... wink wink wink

This is called "Hard Truth"
Most girls here will say otherwise. However, people with this mindset usually end up with a man with English and Money.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by MikkyT1(m): 6:49pm On May 14, 2015
vizkiz:
I think you need to work better on your contsruction. Too many comas(,) and you should know when to use fullstop(.) undecided

Ha ha ha ha i swear u killed it.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by gamaliel121(m): 6:50pm On May 14, 2015
If I like someone very much, I can date her even if she's not very fluent in english. I can then help her learn how to speak correctly.
Then I noticed something. A lot of girls can't speak correct english, they just try to sound like americans buh if you listen to them closely, u'll discover that most of the thing they say are grammatically wrong.
Buh as long as we want to learn it very well, we'll learn it..
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Dujardin(m): 6:52pm On May 14, 2015
vizkiz:
I think you need to work better on your contsruction. Too many comas(,) and you should know when to use fullstop(.) undecided

Bros i hail ur badoo thinking o! juz wat the OP needed, when she set out to note niggaz grammar!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by femi4: 6:52pm On May 14, 2015
Prettydiamond:
dats funny coz I'm a princess already...winkz
Pls, contest for Miss NL

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Florblu(f): 6:53pm On May 14, 2015
Grammarians everywhere ....
good and fluent English is a big turn on for me as well
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Zeze06(m): 6:54pm On May 14, 2015
Nice topic and thought provoking opinion/sentiments.. smiley
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by chukel(m): 6:58pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

I understand u got pissed at the topic but its quite unfortunate I can't take it back.. Tell ur male friends with a poor usage of English to upgrade..it's for their own good
you are arrogant and impervious to correction. these two attributes spell doom for a woman.
@ topic, i think it should be the other way. can a guy date a girl whose grammar is horrible? cite our presido as an example.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 14, 2015
Nobody is perfect.Almost all the people that commented committed at least one blunder.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by manofluck: 7:02pm On May 14, 2015
OP ur post shows dat u're a big fool, infact u inhereted this foolishness 4rm ur mother. Hw can u demand wat u don't ve, stop disgracing igbos with dis ur half-bake grammar
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Zeze06(m): 7:06pm On May 14, 2015
If I like someone very much, I can date her even if she's not very fluent in english. I can then help her learn how to speak correctly.
Then I noticed something. A lot of girls can't speak correct english, they just try to sound like americans buh if you listen to them closely, u'll discover that most of the thing they say are grammatically wrong.
Buh as long as we want to learn it very well, we'll learn it.

this is very true, you dont even need to be too smart to figure that out, when that happens i just smile and say "it was nice meeting u" then i drive off as fast as i possibly can....#fakehoesdaughtersofeve#
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by handzomee(m): 7:08pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

So, what are you feeling like?

Lool....
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by emshaw: 7:08pm On May 14, 2015
i don't even care if you are broke or ugly..I just respect them. But for guys with bad eloquence,

Bad eloquence
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by freshdude99(m): 7:11pm On May 14, 2015
I even think say the bae set sef! shocked
I no knw say na of em flawed gold diggers
Ain't gat no tym for engilishi woman tongue
I care only about my garage and bank account...
Check em out tongue

Or.

Fuvvck off my profy
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by cyberBug(m): 7:13pm On May 14, 2015
Op c as 'em finish u... Babanla brutality, grin... U no holy pass nicca.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by standout5: 7:14pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
So, what are you feeling like?
why is ordinary, "thank you" that difficult for u to say?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
I dont know how you guys see it..but I admire guys who speak pure,polished and neat English.. It's a turn on for me,when I see someone with an impeccable eloquence,that minute i don't even care if you are broke or ugly..I just respect them.
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, you could always brush up your English, I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge turn on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?
I just got...'what did u do for a leaving' from a lady.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by cupidhero(m): 7:20pm On May 14, 2015
Speaking good english with a very good and original foreign or even naija accent works wonders. Most girls have no option but to melt for niggas like me when we speak a little ebonics and then add a british accent to it. I'm not a fan of proper grammar though,pidgin english and ghetto talk is my thing.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ozo13(m): 7:22pm On May 14, 2015
vizkiz:
seeee punching grin
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Tirexy(m): 7:25pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
I dont know how you guys see it..but I admire guys who speak pure,polished and neat English.. It's a turn on for me,when I see someone with an impeccable eloquence,that minute i don't even care if you are broke or ugly..I just respect them.
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, you could always brush up your English, I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge turn on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?
Priority misplaced, I'm sorry.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by tohpahz(f): 7:28pm On May 14, 2015
femi4:
Alright, since you are putting on Chelsea jersey.....you are back in the game

Lolzz.. cool
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by standout5: 7:29pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

Its very obvious you find it difficult to understand..yea I'm an Igbo girl and I'm verrrrry proud of my language..but we all know that our official language here in Nigeria is English language,before u start TOASTING a girl and you don't knw where she comes from,don't u use English? Its that first impression that I'm talking abt here. personally I need to know that u re good with English before speaking my native language with u

And what do u mean by TOASTING? grin
Summer1:

Its very obvious you find it difficult to understand..yea I'm an Igbo girl and I'm verrrrry proud of my language..but we all know that our official language here in Nigeria is English language,before u start TOASTING a girl and you don't knw where she comes from,don't u use English? Its that first impression that I'm talking abt here. personally I need to know that u re good with English before speaking my native language with u

And what do u mean by TOASTING?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by stenmikas(m): 7:29pm On May 14, 2015
This is quite interesting.
Haven't you heard of those who can speak good English and can't write it down...do I hear you say 'it's into possible!'? Well am happy to tell you I have such.
My advice to you is to check proper,you can actual have a guy who can't speak good English but loves you more and can even offer you more of what your ''fluent'' guy can offer.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Prettydiamond(f): 7:31pm On May 14, 2015
femi4:
Pls, contest for Miss NL
seriously?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Mystery007(m): 7:32pm On May 14, 2015
vizkiz:
Shiit u just killed it man. Lolz
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by danbrowndmf(m): 7:33pm On May 14, 2015
vizkiz:
i jus make ur like hit 200likes. grin
vizkiz:
i jus make ur like hit 200likes.

She neva remove log wey dy her eye,she wan remove glass for another person eyes...
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by femi4: 7:33pm On May 14, 2015
Prettydiamond:
seriously?
yea, give it a thought. You ve got the potentials

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by kingsarch2000: 7:35pm On May 14, 2015
So you cannot date an Igbo from Onitcha main market or alaba international market?
Summer1:

Its very obvious you find it difficult to understand..yea I'm an Igbo girl and I'm verrrrry proud of my language..but we all know that our official language here in Nigeria is English language,before u start toasting a girl and you don't knw where she comes from,don't u use English? Its that first impression that I'm talking abt here. personally I need to know that u re good with English before speaking my native language with u

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Tapiwa Sithole Dating Russell Goreraza And Robert Junior, 2 Sons Of Mugabe / Top 10 "Crazy" Pre-Wedding Pictures By Nigerians / At What Age Did You Have Your First Kiss? Where?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.