Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,730 members, 7,831,328 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? (52567 Views)

Question Of The Day: Can You Date Without Sex? / Can You Really Date Someone With A Disability? / Can You Date Someone 12 Years Older Or Younger Than You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 14, 2015
naijaboiy:

Yea!

It's very difficult to read her post most times. I just manage.

She and a host of other NL girls. Some girls use short hand to ease the stress of typing not bothering if the reader can understand what they have typed. undecided
I am thinking of a polite way to tell her without annoying her though.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 14, 2015
Since when is speaking eloquently and fluently in english a pre-requisite ( or any language) for falling or being in love or dating.

Damn people!

You meet the person of your dreams- in fact, it is as if s/he was fashioned just to fit you perfectly. Someone whom your bleeding heart yarns for....

But! Gosh darn it, he cant speak good english. Oh well, good riddance?

Isnt it ironic As alanis morrisette would sing.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by AmNotDrunk(m): 7:38pm On May 14, 2015
Fulaboy:
Op please change the title of this thread to battle ground grin I dey enjoy the fight wella cool
lol on a normal day i wouldn't have read to page 3 of any thread on nl, but today am enjoying every bit. Looks like i'll reach last page.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Awoofawo(m): 7:39pm On May 14, 2015
Prettydiamond:
seriously?
Why are the beautiful babes on Nairaland chosen not to contest.
Maybe you are just one of those ladies that like being off the radar?!
You are indeed awesomely created, swaggilious, sizzling, party breaker chic! cool @acid over to you....

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by danbrowndmf(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2015
Blackett:
Grammar, not grammars.

Coming from someone who cannot date a lady who is structurally and constructively deficient in writing.

"Grammars" indeed.
wicked....lmao...
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by danbrowndmf(m): 7:40pm On May 14, 2015
Blackett:
Grammar, not grammars.

Coming from someone who cannot date a lady who is structurally and constructively deficient in writing.

"Grammars" indeed.
wicked....lmao... grin
Blackett:
Grammar, not grammars.

"Grammars" indeed.
wicked....lmao...
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ewizard1: 7:41pm On May 14, 2015
Yes I can,

My GF's english is not polished but i love her so much and try to correct her right when we talk,

I see some girls who can speak polished english and i thank God i met my GF. undecided

Good English + Olosho Atitude = Nah
Average English + Well Mannered atitude = Wife Material

#mE
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 14, 2015
Haba, y compare Victor with Patience Jonathan... that woman deserves a noble price in English language.
Lamispaco:
Madam take this slow and steady please,Victor Ikpeba ex Nigeria footballer speaks far worse grammar than Patience Jonathan,yet he works for Supersport media outlet the biggest sport media outlet in Africa,even with his bad English he still gets paid,mind you am not against it but there are some people who just takes the level of your spoken english far too serious abegi.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Obascoetubi: 7:45pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:
I dont know how you guys see it..but I admire guys who speak pure,polished and neat English.. It's a turn on for me,when I see someone with an impeccable eloquence,that minute i don't even care if you are broke or ugly..I just respect them.
But for guys with bad eloquence, I'm not trying to insult or intimidate you, you could always brush up your English, I want guys to know that good eloquence,fluent usage of English is a huge turn on for girls especially the brilliant ones, or so I think...
So,what's ur take on it?
only good English can fetch us money Abi?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by danbrowndmf(m): 7:46pm On May 14, 2015
Blackett:
Can't, not cant.

It has an apostrophe. (')
Let them remove the log from there own eyes 1st,before they start removing log from someone else eyes...

School them bro....
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by bettes(f): 7:47pm On May 14, 2015
ronald4lif:

You're becoming more impressive atleast. You've been gradually spelling words in full rather than the shorthand writing. You know, to most men who are fluent with the Anglo Lingua shorthand form of writing is a turn off. It shows unseriousness. Just saying.
it's a turn off for me.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by subbieD(f): 7:47pm On May 14, 2015
staymore:

This is called "Hard Truth"
Most girls here will say otherwise. However, people with this mindset usually end up with a man with English and Money.

Yesso Bro, I No fit take garri Wen shawama Dey look me for eye.......she No fit......infact sef, I go teach am d English...... wink

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ideykwum: 7:48pm On May 14, 2015
Please have the humility to take correction! He wasn't rude...why would you feel intimidated?

Summer1:

Dunno if you were trying to correct me or u were trying to intimidate me..it's your problem though cuz i can never be intimidated
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Summer1(f): 7:50pm On May 14, 2015
manofluck:
OP ur post shows dat u're a big fool, infact u inhereted this foolishness 4rm ur mother. Hw can u demand wat u don't ve, stop disgracing igbos with dis ur half-bake grammar
You didn't have to bring my mother into this..yours didn't train you well enough to tell you that you don't insult people's parents..
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ideykwum: 7:51pm On May 14, 2015
There is no excuse for bad command of English! There may be excuse for poor accents, but not the command of the language! Poverty isn't an excuse!

I won't correct your English...read through what you wrote!

IamOdin:

He's trying to say you should work on your punctuation.And who told you you can't be intimidated??
Well,i would have cut your wandering ego short if i hadn't perceived you're floundering for attention.But remember,that you are opportuned to attend a nice college doesn't mean you should talk short of others that wasn't.All fingers aint equal.Be careful!
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by danbrowndmf(m): 7:54pm On May 14, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Lol, stale and utter balderdash.

It actually pays the bill of people in the media house.

What are you insinuating again?
Akas baba is one of the richest radio presenter in the south south with broken english....what else are u trying to prove again.sad

is the broken english not paying his bills also?.sad....yet we have dayo of niger info who speak english even morethan barrack obama...
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ideykwum: 7:54pm On May 14, 2015
If you think that guy wrote fluent English, then I'm sorry for you!! You are actually...xhsgsjcx! lipsrsealed

Summer1:

The only reason I'm quoting you is because ur writeup shows fluent English.. About having a bloated ego and floundering for attention.. If that's what you think of me, I'm neither egocentric nor an attention seeker..I'm just someone who voiced out her mind
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Obascoetubi: 7:55pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

I understand u got pissed at the topic but its quite unfortunate I can't take it back.. Tell ur male friends with a poor usage of English to upgrade..it's for their own good
they used poor English but they are richer dan u , why?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Summer1(f): 8:00pm On May 14, 2015
Obascoetubi:
they used poor English but they are richer dan u , why?
What is this one saying?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Brownhypo: 8:00pm On May 14, 2015
[sup][/sup]ENGLISH LESSON season 2 [i]ENGLISH LESSON season 2 [/i]ENGLISH LESSON season 2
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by ideykwum: 8:02pm On May 14, 2015
Try and write well...I just don't like it when girls can't write well!

Summer1:

Its a free world dear where everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion..I just don't like it when guys cannot speak well ,I don't know y you are pissed abt it
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by kikelomojessy(f): 8:05pm On May 14, 2015
U nailed it. Lol.

winetapper:
Alright i see

Broke +Polished english= Allowed

Rich + poor english =Balanced

Broke +Poor english = Escuse me undecided dooorrh tongue

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by kingsarch2000: 8:08pm On May 14, 2015
Please educate her. She thinks she knows.
Azo:

You have got to respect guys with eloquence cos you have bad command of the English Language yourself. Hence no choosing on your part. However, I do not understand why u kept writing good or bad eloquence! Eloquence already means good command of the language. And what is "fluent usage of English"? Do you mean smooth usage or simply fluency? You need to brush up your comm skills too. Just my 10kobo.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by blakky97(m): 8:10pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

Its a free world dear where everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion..I just don't like it when guys cannot speak well ,I don't know y you are pissed abt it
Okay fine.
You don't like them right?
They don't like you either.
the difference is that they don't even care about you enough to write about you on nairaland.

They are just at peace with the believe that you don't exist.
The fact is: they don't care about you any better than you care about green algae.

Even if they were to voice their minds and maybe spit it out, you won't be there.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by kikelomojessy(f): 8:17pm On May 14, 2015
Well, I too admire guys can speak beta English, let him not just speak, let the English take him places. Patience Jonathan cnt sPeak but see where she is. Even if he can not speak correct English, he will speak his dialet perfectly without wahala and his making enuf money, me will not care oh. If u ar rich and cnt speak well, people ur are doing business with will pay interpreters to ease the barrier of communication cos its the money they want. I won't let minor tins put me off from my man.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by busterr(m): 8:18pm On May 14, 2015
lol you've received enough backlash already or perhaps you've been intimidated afterall, some girls shaa.
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by AmNotDrunk(m): 8:19pm On May 14, 2015
Dudes be putting some dumb bicthes in there rightful place is a good feeling. Lmfao
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Ababadada: 8:20pm On May 14, 2015
I think this thread is for grammarian. After Scanned through the comments corrections here and there. I don't belong here. Bye bye.

1 Like

Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by spinnerush(m): 8:22pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

Dunno if you were trying to correct me or u were trying to intimidate me..it's your problem though cuz i can never be intimidated

No he was trynna tell ya dat ya grammatical expression aint polish
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by dayojags10(m): 8:24pm On May 14, 2015
VictoriaBee:
Lol, stale and utter balderdash.
It actually pays the bill of people in the media house.
What are you insinuating again?
is it paying yours?
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by Obascoetubi: 8:25pm On May 14, 2015
Summer1:

What is this one saying?
then anything that capacitated jehopadize, avoid it
Re: Can You Date Someone Whose English Is Very Poor?? by blakky97(m): 8:25pm On May 14, 2015
Kingsley1000:
op speak to save your life before castigating others,modify your post and rectify your blunders

If jonathan ( a doctor) could marry patience (a woman whose grammatical blunders defies the laws of gravity on earth), then I can date a girl whose grammar is not perfect as long as I understand what she's tryna say on the condition that I LOVE HER

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

At What Age Did You Have Your First Kiss? Where? / 8 Things Guys Will Do When They Are Seriously In Love / 5 Types Of Women You Should Never Let Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.