Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,895 members, 7,810,439 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby (25155 Views)

The Travails Of Marrying Late / 7 Advantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook! / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by tpia: 6:27pm On Mar 13, 2009
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by JustGood(m): 6:29pm On Mar 13, 2009
tpia:

I'm sure there's thread about single fathers somewhere.

This one is specifically aimed at single mothers.

Okay then. . .

I will never advise any man to marry a woman with child/ren for someone else
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by AloyEmeka9: 7:38pm On Mar 13, 2009
Okay then. . .

I will never advise any man to marry a woman with child/ren for someone else
Are you saying that widows and widowers should forget about love and marriage?
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by tpia: 3:38am On Mar 14, 2009
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by sammyzacks(m): 11:46am On Mar 16, 2009
You all guys should understand that we are not saying its ideal to be a single mother. The dream of every child is to be born into a matrimonial home. But you see, that's not the reality we face. And i strongly do not believe that just because you blew it up the first time, you do not deserve a second chance. If the gal is not married and you love her for her, and think she is matured enough to be your wife and that she has effectively accepted the reality of her past and is ready to move ahead, nothing stops you from going ahead. All you need to do is to address who takes responsibility for the innocent child.
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by FBS: 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2009
If you are ready to take the responsibility and love them both. why not?
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by JustGood(m): 12:19pm On Mar 16, 2009
I have not tried to run anyone down and I have not said people will not marry anyone. (Even those who have 5 kids).

All I know is that I can never honestly advise any single person to marry someone that comes with a baggage except if they are desperate.
Everything has a pitfall but there are some things that have very obvious pitfalls so it's best to avoid the obvious pitfalls.

1 Like

Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by JJYOU: 10:42am On Jun 30, 2009
wbb
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Fhemmmy: 12:41pm On Jun 30, 2009
This is what i ave noticed.
Before you came in the picture, there is always a bond btw the child and the mother/father.
Your presence threatens that bond and the child is always feeling insecured.
When there is a problem, the child will tend to wanna support the biological parent and that could be hurtful.
But i have noticed that women/man with a kid are always responsible, cos they have to grow up, however, not all oh.

1 Like

Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by emmydee(m): 6:18pm On Jun 30, 2009
single motherhood is not a crime. look at d personality. if she's someone u really like, then u go ahead. if not, pls move on and let her b.
Most single mothers didnt become single mothers by choice.
Mothers have special love for their kids, especially single mothers. It doesnt mean she wont love u especially if you're serious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Fhemmmy: 6:23pm On Jun 30, 2009
emmydee:

single motherhood is not a crime. look at d personality. if she's someone u really like, then u go ahead. if not, pls move on and let her b.
Mothers have special love for their kids, especially single mothers. It doesnt mean she wont love u especially if your serious.

True dat, but the woman has to be ready too to share love and make sure the kid(s) are ready to have another man in their lives
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Pataki: 7:50pm On Jun 30, 2009
emmydee:

Mothers have special love for their kids, especially single mothers. It doesnt mean she wont love u especially if your serious.
The statement in bold from the quote above is not necessarily true. Often at times, the opposite may be the case to that statement. In subject matters like this, a general statement to embrace all who find themselves in it, does not augur well with the matter. As there is the subject of relativity amongst peeps to the matter.
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by emmydee(m): 11:03am On Jul 01, 2009
@ Pataki

For a single mother, in most cases, she is d only person d child has on this earth, she as a mother understands that and needs to show love to d child by default. However, if the guy now comes in, he needs to be very sure wat he wants in that relationship. most ladies in that category want to get married as soon as they can. so, if ur dating a single mother, u need to talk things out wit her as soon as u get into d relationship. that will enable her know how to handle her time between you and d child/children.

My argument is that since you know she's a single mother, decide for ur self wat u want in d relationship as quickly as possible, it's not d type of relationship you play with. The kid/s may start calling u daddy even b4 u know it, cos they need to have a daddy too. so, it's a very complex affair, if you dont want to marry her, dont go deep and dont stay long, and dont raise her hope, just gerrrrraaaout!
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by JustGood(m): 10:33am On Jul 03, 2009
Its difficult enough when you marry and are both fresh; getting involved with someone who is already entangled in a web somewhere else only conplicates things, in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Fhemmmy: 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2009
JustGood:

Its difficult enough when you marry and are both fresh; getting involved with someone who is already entangled in a web somewhere else only conplicates things, in my opinion.

Difficult, however, with the right woman, it can be made easy, and i think depends on how the man starts off too with the kid(s)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by spoilt(f): 1:18am On Jul 05, 2009
As if marrying women who have no children is a guaranty of happiness.

1 Like

Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by GEW: 3:21pm On Aug 04, 2009
wbb
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Fhemmmy: 4:54pm On Aug 04, 2009
spoilt:

As if marrying women who have no children is a guaranty of happiness.

Tell them jare, it is about abt individual and not to generalize.
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by candylips(m): 4:57pm On Aug 04, 2009
hmm marry am now if u love am
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Fhemmmy: 4:58pm On Aug 04, 2009
candylips:

tell them jare
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by JustGood(m): 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2009
candylips:

and come back to tell us stories about how his/her other children are behaving towards you or how he/she is putting the interests of the other person's children above you and yours?

Love alone is not what sustains a marriage. . .

1 Like

Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Fhemmmy: 6:40pm On Aug 04, 2009
JustGood:

and come back to tell us stories about how his/her other children are behaving towards you or how he/she is putting the interests of the other person's children above you and yours?

Love alone is not what sustains a marriage. . .

True, but we shd not write off women with kids.
Some are more reliable than a woman with no kids.
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by denny4ril: 3:58am On Oct 11, 2009
it depends but many things have disadvantages sha
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 11, 2009
I'd have gone with the bash-baby-mamas brigade if I hadnt noticed Nigerian men tend to throw all this nitpicking out the window the minute they see a non-Nigerian woman.
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Sissy3(f): 2:17am On Oct 12, 2009
fitting in into the new family and compatibility with the kids for some.
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by agathamari(f): 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2009
@poster just because a woman has a child does not mean she was inlove with him. with as previlant as one night stands and friends with benifits are here i would think the oposite would be true. there is always the posiblity the child is a product of a rape.

women with children already tend to be much pickier when finding a husband then those without
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Kunbee: 3:09am On Oct 14, 2009
I cant marry someone with a child
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by candylips(m): 9:36am On Oct 14, 2009
^^^ why grin
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Kunbee: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2009
^^u know nao wink
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Fhemmmy: 4:00am On Oct 15, 2009
Kunbee:

^^u know nao wink

Time will tell.
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by Kunbee: 4:26am On Oct 15, 2009
Abi ooo but i seriously doubt undecided undecided
Re: Disavantages Of Marrying Someone Who Have A Baby by candylips(m): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
doubting thomas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

14 Years After, I Saw The Man That Molested Me / Short Men MAKE Better Husbands Than Tall Ones –study / Sucking On Babies' Nostrils By Mothers/wives - Hygienic Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.