Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! (20946 Views)

But Is Bingo The Only Nigeria Breed Of Dog (pix) / Bags And Wraps Of Dog Chicken For Sale (we Deliver Anywhere In Lagos) / What Breed Of Dog Is This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by FitnessNigeria: 6:31pm On May 15, 2015
niggi4life:
This reminded me about a friend of mine, 3years ago he lost their family dog due to some illness, the Guy called me from London, weeping profusely that McCarthy(the Dog's name) has died, he also begged me to call his mum(who was in Lagos) to console her as she couldnt control her tears, when i called the mum, olboiiiii, d woman just dey cry, i was short of words for what i can say, in my mind, i was like, shebi na just Dog na, All i was just saying was "sorry ma, take heart", na so d woman do cry cry cry till my airtime finish(for almost 15mins)

About 8 years back, we owned a dog (jack). The dog died and I did really cry, I even wrote a tribute for it.

The dog was family even to strangers, lots of people cried for it on hearing about the death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by meforyou1(m): 6:33pm On May 15, 2015
What da hell? Because of common dog? God forbid. Indians are so fetish shaa
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by meforyou1(m): 6:34pm On May 15, 2015
sk4real:
At least he shld have shown some form of empathy to the guy, some dogs are jst like part of the family
console him for what? Is it not common dog? Or is d dog human? That indian boss is a cow
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Rotiix(m): 7:15pm On May 15, 2015
I cried bitterly when my best friend, 'Ted' for 3 years, died 2 years ago. Ever since I'v not owned another dog cus I'm scared of losing it again after much affinity.

1 Like

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by deltateam: 7:19pm On May 15, 2015
aguiyi:

serves him right.

a man is mourning the death of probably his best friend and all your insensitive colleague could say was "shey na just dog na"

Op for the fact your colleague lost his job is enough indication say this dog nobi just dog nah.

Your colleague is rude, insensitive and mannerless.
Do you know some dogs eat chicken and beef every day while some nairalanders inclluding me havent smelt chicken meat this month nor seen bone for that matter.
Dog dey get levels as some dogs are worth over #100,000
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Mbediogu(m): 8:20pm On May 15, 2015
nosike3:
Hey nairalanders! I hope this topic is in the right place? Alright! Here's the story, I work in a pharmaceutical company and our boss is an Indian who has been in Nigeria for more than 20 years!! I think since 1992! He's the best boss a man can ask for and equally a great pet lover! He has 3 dogs. So 2 weeks ago, one of his dogs was very sick and died while he was at work; he became extremely moody which was so unlike him; speaking in English unlike his constant reference to yoruba and pidgin. One of my colleagues then told him to' get over it, shey na just dog na' and for the first time I saw anger blazing literally from his eyes. He sent him out and was very cold to him since then.
Today, he fired him just like that!
So so surprised and shocked!! Is this really worth it??
I love dogs! But isn't this extreme?
Cc lalasticlala et all

The bonding betw dog and owner is sometimes very deep. Two years ago I lost a very well socialized 3 year old Rottweiler / German Shepherd hybrid to tick fever. All of us were down for days despite the presence of other dogs. Please dont blame him too much.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Franchris(f): 8:27pm On May 15, 2015
Na oly you waka come? Got fired sharpaly! Oga o.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by nosike3(m): 9:02pm On May 15, 2015
Nihilist:
Just goes to show how ignorant Nigerians are of labour laws...then again it depends on the terms of his contract

That Manager would not dare try that in a developed country unless he has money for a lawsuit.

Even if the employee insulted his manager's mum, the employee is still entitled to disciplinary hearing first before anything else.

Sack because of Dog? Them never born the manager well.
he has been a casual for more than a year now!!! By the way!! Love your diary! grin
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by stonecoldcafe: 9:16pm On May 15, 2015
nosike3:
I can imagine!! My dog is about 6 years now!! A virgin that has totally refused all suitors!! grin imagine losing her isn't gonna be funny for years!!

OMG! My dog won't let a male mount her too. Someone says some dogs are just like that. I don't know what to think. She is getting old and I'd puppies from her (sad face)

@op's friends serves him right. No respect. Good for him! If na me once I observe the cold attitude, straight away I for apologise sharply.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nihilist: 9:26pm On May 15, 2015
nosike3:
he has been a casual for more than a year now!!! By the way!! Love your diary! grin

Ahhh cheers man!!
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 15, 2015
loksman:
Are you okay?
I was tired of saying smart things and wanted to say something stupidd
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Ayus34(m): 9:29pm On May 15, 2015
nosike3:
Hey nairalanders! I hope this topic is in the right place? Alright! Here's the story, I work in a pharmaceutical company and our boss is an Indian who has been in Nigeria for more than 20 years!! I think since 1992! He's the best boss a man can ask for and equally a great pet lover! He has 3 dogs. So 2 weeks ago, one of his dogs was very sick and died while he was at work; he became extremely moody which was so unlike him; speaking in English unlike his constant reference to yoruba and pidgin. One of my colleagues then told him to' get over it, shey na just dog na' and for the first time I saw anger blazing literally from his eyes. He sent him out and was very cold to him since then.
Cc lalasticlala et all
Some indians worship animals.......he might be one of them.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Tex42(m): 9:36pm On May 15, 2015
That was uncalled for, perhaps the guy was just trying to sympathize with him.

Was he xpecting the guy to tell him to keep mourning.

Foreigners in Naija Sha!
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by nepp(f): 9:57pm On May 15, 2015
I would have done the same....
Serves your colleague right! undecided
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by mystiqueem(f): 11:48pm On May 15, 2015
InesQor:
Welp. Too bad he lost his job but most Nigerians are too damn forward. Level of empathy = zero.

"Shey na just dog na"
"You don gain weight"
"You never reach to marry?"
"Na when you go born sef?"
"This one don born e never marry"
"See as the face worwor"
etc

And to press this further, he was talking to his manager (Let me put aside that "boss" word)! What sort of insensitive silliness is that? At the very least, you should respect the feelings of your co-workers let alone your manager undecided

Exactly! You read my mind.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by mystiqueem(f): 12:03am On May 16, 2015
I realise most Nigerians are insensitive and very rude.

I don't think its strictly about the dog... your colleague must have been making careless statements over time.
Being the nice manager, he ignored it for too long.
The emotional distress triggered a side of the manager that people rarely see.

It took 'two weeks' to terminate his employment that means your colleague must have messed up again, this time, job related.

FYI - After 20 years he's now a citizen of Nigeria.
So his origin doesn't really count esp if he has applied for citizenship.

2 Likes

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Jaypea98: 1:18am On May 16, 2015
olaxco2f:
angry

THIS IS HILARIOUS SHA!

I LOVE PETS

BUT NOT DOGS

SNAKES AND THE LIKES

REPTILES ROCK

cool cool cool
Reptiles like?
olaxco2f:
angry

THIS IS HILARIOUS SHA!

I LOVE PETS

BUT NOT DOGS

SNAKES AND THE LIKES

REPTILES ROCK

cool cool cool
Reptiles like?
olaxco2f:
angry

THIS IS HILARIOUS SHA!

I LOVE PETS

BUT NOT DOGS

SNAKES AND THE LIKES

REPTILES ROCK

cool cool cool
Reptiles like?
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by 400billionman: 7:44pm On May 16, 2015
nosike3:
Cc lalasticlala et all

Your colleague overstepped his boundaries.

He should have said, " Sorry sir "..

What did he mean by saying, " Shey nah only dog " ?

I felt very bad yesterday when a distant neighbor saw my dog yesterday and asked me if it was mine and I said yes, he said " oh, my site workers almost killed it in error last week to eat ".

1 Like

Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by 400billionman: 7:59pm On May 16, 2015
nwakaibeya1:
so many people who own dogs use the dogs to operate at night in the spiritual realm and those of you who are blind spiritually think it is an ordinary dog the indian man could be mourning because they have taken away his spiritual powers unknowingly to his servant and the death of the dog could lead to the death of the indian man very shortly watchout as many human beigns are dogs ,elephants and tigers and cows in human form and pretend before spiritually ignorant humanbeigns,but it takes the spiritual to know what humans look like exactly in the spiritual world the hidden world

I hear you..

I used to fear dogs till I bought one out of necesity.

No matter how bad you treat your dog, it will still run to you to welcome you and sleep at your door step. I didn't know when I started loving it.
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by wheezyoung(m): 10:47pm On May 16, 2015
400billionman:

I hear you..

I used to fear dogs till I bought one out of necesity.

No matter how bad you treat your dog, it will still run to you to welcome you and sleep at your door step. I didn't know when I started loving it.
my dog is obedient at the same time very stubborn...... If he misbehaves,i dey treat him fvck up *20....after like 6hours...he's back jumping on me
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 18, 2015
i well nah

i just love them all!!!

FitnessNigeria:

You well at all?

Reptiles? Snakes? Crocodiles?
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
Such design, many hero, so bold kiss
Re: Colleague Got Fired Because Of Dog! by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2019
fitnessnigeria:
About 8 years back, we owned a dog (jack). The dog died and I did really cry, I even wrote a tribute for it.The dog was family even to strangers, lots of people cried for it on hearing about the death.

wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do Vets Perform Abortions On Dogs? / Barren Female Dogs / 10 Incredible Hybrid Animals You Wouldn’t Believe Exist. (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.