Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,669 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:09 AM

Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century (37385 Views)

Lady's 21st Birthday Photos Got People Doubting Her Age / Help! I Feel Like A 21st Century Witch / Is This Billboard Discouraging Or Encouraging Sexual Immorality? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 8:06am On May 27, 2015
xMyloXyloto:
Isn't the answer obvious?
It's like you're trying to negate his argument by supporting it... undecided
grin grin grin.

I thought it was just me.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 8:14am On May 27, 2015
xMyloXyloto:
undecided
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 8:16am On May 27, 2015
xMyloXyloto:
undecided Let the person I asked answer. I want to fully understand his stance on this subject so I can kniw whether to see it as his opinion. . Everyone has a right to his/her opinion
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by free37: 9:40am On May 27, 2015
Hmmm......
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Fredzy7(m): 9:57am On May 27, 2015
My argument is sex before marriage is immoral in some places and moral in others, and trust me when I say this morality is relative, some people use religion to do some things which others people's religion firmly disagrees with, e.g some religion thinks you can marry a very young girl while other religions say it is disgusting, left to me I think we should just try to do what is right, love people and care for them other things are just details I believe as long as you are not hurting someone physically, emotionally and I must add spiritually then you are a good person, concerning sex before marriage if i have a girlfriend and it just happens I didn't pressure her I would but I wouldn't be searching for girls to sleep with, religion can be confusing so just follow the main rules of religions and you are good
ISLAM SAYS PEACE = SO BE PEACEFUL
CHRISTIANITY SAYS FOLLOW CHRIST = AND CHRIST SAYS LOVE SO LOVE AND CARE FOR People and I am sure no religion says kill, steal rape or others things that harm people
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by johnnyb1(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2015
The question is this? Is sex outside marriage the way God said it should b? The way most of u talk about this thing making it seems as though what the OP said was wrong beats me. U who claim to be a Christian and still carry out this wrong, u know clearly that its wrong. If truly u believe in Christ and want to follow His ways, U will ask Him for grace like he did when he wept/sweat blood to choose to die for us. If u say ur body no b firewood. Jesus Christ body na bush meat when he chose to die for u? C'mon guys do not let the devil get ur minds all twisted with bodily desires. R we to be controlled by our bodily desires? Our bodies are to change in accordance to the change within, the renewed self (spiritual self). Read James 1:1-17 for those that think that they are tempted and cannot resist. God bless u all that choose to keep selves and grant grace to all that are struggling. IJN
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by xMyloXyloto: 11:22am On May 27, 2015
OK sir
But again, you seem to make contradictory statements...
His opinion stands whether or not you 'see it as his opinion' because of the simple fact that it is HIS opinion.

Or do you mean... Actually, never mind. Sorry for the interruption
Have a blessed day

haibe:
undecided Let the person I asked answer. I want to fully understand his stance on this subject so I can kniw whether t1o see it as his opinion. . Everyone has a right to his/her opinion
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 12:19pm On May 27, 2015
xMyloXyloto:
OK sir
But again, you seem to make contradictory statements...
His opinion stands whether or not you 'see it as his opinion' because of the simple fact that it is HIS opinion.

Or do you mean... Actually, never mind. Sorry for the interruption
Have a blessed day

what are u saying undecided

if it is his mere opinion, I will ignore the argument. . Thats why I asked some of those questions. . Please at least read our conversations from page 1 before bagging into our discussions. Have a blessed day too
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by alphalpha(m): 12:25pm On May 27, 2015
Some people just come here to claim all knowing, but in reality they are poor deluded fellows. Come here to claim that sex with someone who isn't your wife or husband isn't immoral? the height of self deceit. I've read books that tell of history that even before the white man came to Africa with his religion, sex before marriage was a taboo in villages, not only in Africa but also in the rest of the world. These guys are just being mislead and abused by this "I think for myself lunacy."

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by cutieberie1(f): 12:32pm On May 27, 2015
Brytawon:
FTC! Yes I made it!
Like to dedicate this privilege to any woman who has stood for her dignity, who upholds her integrity not because of circumstances but because of her respect for her future husband. Every woman's pride lies not only in her preservation but the respect her husband renders to her for not doing otherwise.
Thumbs up @Op.
FP material!!!
I said it...

exactly
nyc 1 op
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by tommychow(m): 6:23pm On May 27, 2015
safarigirl:
FINALLY! Someone who gets it. Bless you for your superior intellect dearie

No worries. My advice, only reply reasonable contributions and constructive criticisms. Don't play their game.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by deuce7(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2015
freecocoa:
Chai! So you couldn't tell from my posts that Kandikane and I are saying exactly the same thing? Is stealing not an act related to morality? Is stealing subjective? I've explained so much, yet you didn't get it? Abi na the grammar make am hard for you? I'm really baffled.grin
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by deuce7(m): 7:52pm On May 27, 2015
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Greatihex(m): 7:57pm On May 27, 2015
1dafullymade:
it is wll dear...God gives His children their heart desires & even wen He doesn't give u exactly what u WANT,He sure gives u what u NEED 'cus "His thots 4 us are EVER good thots...." hv a great day
thanks.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Revolva(m): 8:48pm On May 27, 2015
kandiikane:

What a bloody child! Grow up and focus on your goals rather than coming here with lies about a random girl you probably have never met. Bloody overgrown baby with peas for brain.
Shut up I am gonna bang her by next. Week....am waiting for the fuel. wahala to come down den I can arrange for d b....h to give me bj doggy if possible anal....ooooooo Dammm

Like dis I just finished banging one babe sef stella...oh lord lagos gals r way to slutty
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by RiffRaff: 10:31pm On May 27, 2015
Our culture also forbids giving birth to twins, we used to throw them in the evil forest grin
No one should be forced to conform to cultural practice. like i said "evrybody has a choice"
There are people who have choose not to get married in life. should they be denied the pleasure of sex because of that?
Sex is not just for procreation only, so the emphasis withing the umbrella of marriage is flawed. There is nothing immoral about having sex outside of marriage.
all the cons you listed only happens to people who refuse to take precautions. hello! that is why condom was invented and other contraceptive.
anybody who chooses to have sex with protection should take the consequence in good faith.
Sex is Good! its one of the most beautiful things nature has bestowed on living things.

GOD can NEVER be a liar grin grin where did God tell you not to have sex? *personal encounter only please*
Dont bother answering that question, if you will be quoting from fairytale religious books. those are books fabricated by men and guess what? Humans tell lies.

winie:
Haba! She never said sex was bad nor immoral. She only implied from her write up that pre marital sex is irresponsible. Fairy tale god you say...anyway, even our culture forbids pre marital sex. Why? Cos sex within the umbrella of marriage is clean and moral. At the risk of sounding judgemental, unwanted pregnancies, STDs, diseases, mental and emotional traumas, abortions, deaths, dysfunctional societies fill with baby mamas and papas, etc, is where "learning about and improving on sex" (as you brazenly put it) has brought quite a number of people. The fact that some were consensual, doesn't erase the above consequences. You are a man abi? We have a saying in my place-"good is good, and bad is bad, who ever say something bad is good, let come in quantum to him, and whoever say god is bad, may he never see good". So my dear, n matter how you look at it, GOD can NEVER be a liar. I rest my case
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by RiffRaff: 10:36pm On May 27, 2015
What is with myopic people and their obsession with virgins? dude, i don't care if my wife is a virgin or not. what ever she has done before she meet me is of no consequence. you might be obsessed with virgins but to me, my sense of value of a woman is not based on weather she has had sex or not....
Virgin this, virgin that... Are you a Virgin yourself?

stonecoldcafe:

I hope you won't be finding fresh virgin to marry. I hope you won't mind if your wife has been round the block a couple of times. After all the sex is amazing. There is no immorality there and she is free to what she likes with her body.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by stonecoldcafe: 11:02pm On May 27, 2015
RiffRaff:
What is with myopic people and their obsession with virgins? dude, i don't care if my wife is a virgin or not. what ever she has done before she meet me is of no consequence. you might be obsessed with virgins but to me, my sense of value of a woman is not based on weather she has had sex or not....
Virgin this, virgin that... Are you a Virgin yourself?

Yes
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by xMyloXyloto: 1:04am On May 28, 2015
The problem here is that what we call 'Morality' is inherently religious but some of us seem to be trying to argue morality from a logical standpoint

Furthermore people forget that Religion is completely illogical and makes no sense whatsoever on the surface and is only easy to swallow if you were born to it.

The real villains here have to be those who bring up the ephemeral thing called 'Society' and it's inherent values as a standpoint. This is because societal values have no value,being mercurial and weather-like

I think the real question is, stripped of religion, and the obvious conditioning brought about by said religion and the societal brainwashing that filters our perspectives; what would our morality be?

But alas, I fear most of us (even i) just aren't capable of real soul-searching, so these questions are moot...

Actually just ignore this post lipsrsealed
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winie(f): 8:45am On May 28, 2015
RiffRaff:
Our culture also forbids giving birth to twins, we used to throw them in the evil forest grin
No one should be forced to conform to cultural practice. like i said "evrybody has a choice"
There are people who have choose not to get married in life. should they be denied the pleasure of sex because of that?
Sex is not just for procreation only, so the emphasis withing the umbrella of marriage is flawed. There is nothing immoral about having sex outside of marriage.
all the cons you listed only happens to people who refuse to take precautions. hello! that is why condom was invented and other contraceptive.
anybody who chooses to have sex with protection should take the consequence in good faith.
Sex is Good! its one of the most beautiful things nature has bestowed on living things.

GOD can NEVER be a liar grin grin where did God tell you not to have sex? *personal encounter only please*
Dont bother answering that question, if you will be quoting from fairytale religious books. those are books fabricated by men and guess what? Humans tell lies.

Perhaps, when you encounter GOD, you will understand. As long as you are without, whatever I say will be 'foolishness' to you. Its well with you, sincerely.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by BobUg28(m): 4:45pm On May 29, 2015
Nice one.
Op...God bless you for this your wonderful epistle.
It's really informative and mind blowing
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by kandiikane(m): 2:06am On May 30, 2015
haibe:
undecided Let the person I asked answer. I want to fully understand his stance on this subject so I can kniw whether to see it as his opinion. . Everyone has a right to his/her opinion

I actually wrote a whole essay for you but got caught up so could not post it and just did not bother in the end..

If you still want my answer, I will just open the tab as it's probably still there.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by kandiikane(m): 2:15am On May 30, 2015
alphalpha:
Some people just come here to claim all knowing, but in reality they are poor deluded fellows. Come here to claim that sex with someone who isn't your wife or husband isn't immoral? the height of self deceit. I've read books that tell of history that even before the white man came to Africa with his religion, sex before marriage was a taboo in villages, not only in Africa but also in the rest of the world. These guys are just being mislead and abused by this "I think for myself lunacy."

Oh hush up, you read books but you know nothing. Maybe you should read abit more.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by alphalpha(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2015
kandiikane:

Oh hush up, you read books but you know nothing. Maybe you should read abit more.

hush up so that your lot would go on deceiving yourselves and innocents?
for a know-it-all, you should know better
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by kandiikane(m): 1:10pm On May 30, 2015
alphalpha:

hush up so that your lot would go on deceiving yourselves and innocents?
for a know-it-all, you should know better

I know better that is why I am telling you to hush up and read more. wink
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by alphalpha(m): 1:16pm On May 30, 2015
kandiikane:

I know better that is why I am telling you to hush up and read more. wink
o no you don't. even the cattle know that
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by xMyloXyloto: 5:39am On May 31, 2015
alphalpha:

While we're on the subject, I wanna know what you think about having numerous wives. It's it moral or nah?

And please can you mention one of these history books you read? I'm intrigued

Cheers
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by jxdee: 11:51pm On Jun 03, 2015
I doubt if the people making snide comments really read the whole post before contributing. The op is talking about premarital sex, which is a form of sexual immorality in this 21st century. She did not say sex is bad. Obviously, any lady that says that a guy slept with her, got her pregnant and dumped her has been engaging in premarital sex. All those people asking if she is a virgin and making other snide comments are just bitter because they have engaged in premarital sex and have regrets. It's paining them. Almost all of these people are either Christians or Muslims. Now which of these two religions embrace premarital sex? The non-religious people, does the norm in your village embrace premarital sex? If you claim to be part of a group, you have to conform to the norms. You are behaving as if it's not the same thing our pastors, imams and parents preach to us. You could not keep yourself for marriage, maybe you have valid reasons. Fine. No one is judging you. But whether you jump high or low, premarital sex is wrong for the many obvious repercussions we see in society today. The Bible, Quran and the norms of society has not changed. You are just looking for a way to justify your wrongs. Can anyone ever say that stealing is ok as far as the thief feels he's doing the right thing? This is not a matter of your conscience judging you. Have you never heard of dead conscience? Imagine we allow our individual consciences to decide what we allow as good and bad, how will our society be like? Youth, wise up!

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Fredzy7(m): 3:34pm On Jun 04, 2015
Visit Naija Words Forum at http://naijawords.cf
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by xMyloXyloto: 7:18pm On Jun 04, 2015
jxdee:
I doubt if the people making snide comments really read the whole post before contributing. The op is talking about premarital sex, which is a form of sexual immorality in this 21st century. She did not say sex is bad. Obviously, any lady that says that a guy slept with her, got her pregnant and dumped her has been engaging in premarital sex. All those people asking if she is a virgin and making other snide comments are just bitter because they have engaged in premarital sex and have regrets. It's paining them. Almost all of these people are either Christians or Muslims. Now which of these two religions embrace premarital sex? The non-religious people, does the norm in your village embrace premarital sex? If you claim to be part of a group, you have to conform to the norms. You are behaving as if it's not the same thing our pastors, imams and parents preach to us. You could not keep yourself for marriage, maybe you have valid reasons. Fine. No one is judging you. But whether you jump high or low, premarital sex is wrong for the many obvious repercussions we see in society today. The Bible, Quran and the norms of society has not changed. You are just looking for a way to justify your wrongs. Can anyone ever say that stealing is ok as far as the thief feels he's doing the right thing? This is not a matter of your conscience judging you. Have you never heard of dead conscience? Imagine we allow our individual consciences to decide what we allow as good and bad, how will our society be like? Youth, wise up!

Lol, I don't think it's paining them sha
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Wantedola(m): 4:26pm On Feb 04, 2020
Not like I'm dragging God into this like miss op stated. But men, na make God help person. If not God who will? Matured single adult of nowadays not doing it? Make I no lie, e go hard.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Know This Any Time You See A Man Bragging That He Has Slept With A Certain Lady / What Is Going On With Ladies ? / Why Can't Our Girls Stay In One Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.