Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:58 PM

Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century (37394 Views)

Lady's 21st Birthday Photos Got People Doubting Her Age / Help! I Feel Like A 21st Century Witch / Is This Billboard Discouraging Or Encouraging Sexual Immorality? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by VICTOFX(m): 7:00pm On May 26, 2015
all I'll say is stand for what u believe in, after all, the end justifies the means, from records, its been established that majority of spouses who engage in sexual immorality b4 marriage don't trust each other. and what kinda love can u possibly have for me without trust? allow any1 who wants to say whatever to continue, at least no1 will carry the others cross, n I'll all like u to note that its he who bears to the end that wears the crown, so don't loose guard sis, and for as many of us that has already loose guarded, repent, n return to God, he is faithful and just to forgive and make us whole again. God bless u real good @ sis op.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by smsdigito: 7:05pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:
This topic came up because I was having a discussion with my room mates and I told them simply that anyone who thinks she's ready to have sex, should equally be ready for the consequences.

Then they said that it isn't really a girl's fault if she sleeps with a guy who 'deceives' her into thinking he's genuine thereby getting pregnant.

Now, there I fully disagree. Isn't it always easier to blame the guy for impregnating you? "Oh, he told me he loves me and that's why I slept with him"....um, if I want something from someone, of course I'll say all the right things. Or, when you wan collect money from the guy, shey you sef no dey abuse the 'L' word?

Any girl sleeping with a dude because he 'professed his 'undying love' is either a 12-year old or re-tarded.

The next thing they said is "It takes the grace of God to overcome temptation"...leave it to black people to pull God into their mess. When you put yourself in a risky situation, prepare for risks. If you decide to go to a man's house- a virile man's house alone, be ready for certain things that could arise. This isn't about just the grace of God, this is about being smart and cautious.

Unless in rape cases and those involving minors, there is no sort of sexual relationship between a man and woman that is non-consensual. You were of sane mind when he touched you, kissed and fondled, comot cloth, comot undies and finished project, so why make excuses?

One was even askinng me that so if I had a bf I wouldn't sleep with him. And I replied that it's only in this century that sleeping with a man just because he's courting you is viewed as perfectly normal. That view is what made me realise that the world has been taken over by madness the likes of which TB Joshua cannot cure.

I have made a personal decision not to involve myself in fornication and I have been pro-active about it by ensuring that I stay away from 'dangerous' situations. I have tons of male friends some of whom have expressed their interests and have been turned down, if I must meet them, we meet in public places. I do not subscribe to meeting males in private, staying out late with guys who I know little of or generally being in uncomfortable situations. Of course I sometimes come off as a shrewd or frigid, but you have to take some things, better that than ashawo or public toilet

If you have made a decision to be sexually active, then don't make excuses for it. Don't present yourself as a victim of the 'superior male intellect'. I dey kpansh, I dey kpansh, dem no fit kill pesin ontop that one. Call 10 litres of petrol what it is, don't present 10 litres as 15 litres or say "it's supposed to be 10 litres, but the attendant cheated me"

Be who you are and stand for something.

Thank you smiley
Your mama born you wella, better pikin.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 7:09pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
I will pretend you know what you are saying by acting non-religious to the extent of not acknowledging divine laws..

So if Fornication is stated as an offence in Nigeria, would you acknowledge it as an inmoral act?

Do you see homosexuality as immoral,?

And to think you have contradicted yourself again by telling us what is immoral and what is not *Stating we should abide by man made laws*; after ignorantly telling ravgach who he is to telk us what is moral and immoral
Please do well to think for a minute, slow your row, it's not a competition, neither is it about who is right or wrong but about realising that, there are certain things you don't impose your beliefs on people.

I have not in any way contradicted myself, fornication can never be an offense in Nigeria, not in this lifetime, n so, it will be a waste of energy talking about such but I'll indulge you anyways, if it happens to be a law, then I have to abide by it.

I don't have an issue with homosexuality that doesn't mean I won't go to jail if I practice it and get caught.

As regards the dude you mentioned, that post of mine was merely asking him how he defines what is immoral?

Are down to names calling already?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by basilo101: 7:12pm On May 26, 2015
Stop sex starving urself. U wont win any medal. U r jst scared of anoda heart break because of d way u were dumped d last tym. Dnt make mouth about keeping urself, i kw u r still veri young, wen d tym reach, u will be lukin 4 who to pack ur bags to his house n u wont evn see any

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 7:16pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Please do well to think for a minute, slow your row, it's not a competition, neither is it about who is right or wrong but about realising that, there are certain things you don't impose your beliefs on people.

I have not in any way contradicted myself, fornication can never be an offense in Nigeria, not in this lifetime, n so, it will be a waste of energy talking about such but I'll indulge you anyways, if it happens to be a law, then I have to abide by it.

I don't have an issue with homosexuality that doesn't mean I won't go to jail if I practice it and get caught.

As regards the dude you mentioned, that post of mine was merely asking him how he defines what is immoral?

Are down to names calling already?

Where is the name calling ? undecided

If u say we are to abide by man made laws only, aren't you now telling us how we define what is moral or immoral? You see why I said u are contradicting,?

Please answer questions plainly, do you see homosexuality as immoral only because it was just enacted as an offence just about 2 years ago,?

Fornication can never be an offence? grin.. Just pray we don't end up with the same fate as Turkey some few years back. Am sure they would have people like you back then saying this until reality dawned on them
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by naijaboiy: 7:19pm On May 26, 2015
Safarigirl and controversial threads grin

This same sex that we call overrated is what we are all tearing our shirts and pulling our hairs to argue about.

Some even quoting verses. grin

How then can we still claim it's overrated if we can spend much energy talking about it. grin

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by naijaboiy: 7:21pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:

If u say we are to abide by man made laws only, aren't you now telling us how we define what is moral or immoral? You see why I said u are contradicting,?

Please answer questions plainly, do you see homosexuality as immoral only because it was just enacted as an offence just about 2 years ago,?

Fornication can never be an offence? grin.. Just pray we don't end up with the same fate as Turkey some few years back. Am sure they would have people like you back then saying this until reality dawned on them
Fornication an offence?

Offence to who? undecided

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Fornication an offence?

Offence to who? undecided

wait and let Nigeria be islamized, then we shall see whether its an offence or not.. am talking basically on that ladies perspective so u may not understand me. . So forget it.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by naijaboiy: 7:26pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
wait and let Nigeria be islamized, then we shall see whether its an offence or not.. am talking basically on that ladies perspective so u may not understand me. . So forget it.
Even if Nigeria is islamised and it is made law then that Law is strictly obnoxious and repugnant to natural justice and human right.

Fornication is never an offence or a crime. Call it immoral,,no problem but it is never an offence.

Offence to who?

undecided

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 7:27pm On May 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Even if Nigeria is islamised and it is made law then that Law is strictly obnoxious and repugnant to natural justice and human right.

Fornication is never an offence or a crime. Call it immoral,,no problem but it is never an offence.

Offence to who?

undecided

then we agree. I don't see it as an offence too but immoral.

thats why I said u may not understand my perspective of that argument with her
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winner01(m): 7:28pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:
I never said having sex was bad, it just shouldn't be justified. I said people should stop making excuses for it. If you read the last part of my write-up, you'd see where I said that.
im dissapointed at ur reply, guys like this intimidate u into falling for their pranks....sex b4 marriage is not good......the world is polluted...neglect those who think otherwise else ull find urself on that train soon.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by Nihilist: 7:29pm On May 26, 2015
Morality in 2015 grin

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by naijaboiy: 7:30pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:

then we agree. I don't see it as an offence too but immoral.

thats why I said u may not understand my perspective of that argument with her
Alright then.

That part of your post just drew my attention.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by scentmarlc(m): 7:31pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:
This topic came up because I was having a discussion with my room mates and I told them simply that anyone who thinks she's ready to have sex, should equally be ready for the consequences.

Then they said that it isn't really a girl's fault if she sleeps with a guy who 'deceives' her into thinking he's genuine thereby getting pregnant.

Now, there I fully disagree. Isn't it always easier to blame the guy for impregnating you? "Oh, he told me he loves me and that's why I slept with him"....um, if I want something from someone, of course I'll say all the right things. Or, when you wan collect money from the guy, shey you sef no dey abuse the 'L' word?

Any girl sleeping with a dude because he 'professed his 'undying love' is either a 12-year old or re-tarded.

The next thing they said is "It takes the grace of God to overcome temptation"...leave it to black people to pull God into their mess. When you put yourself in a risky situation, prepare for risks. If you decide to go to a man's house- a virile man's house alone, be ready for certain things that could arise. This isn't about just the grace of God, this is about being smart and cautious.

Unless in rape cases and those involving minors, there is no sort of sexual relationship between a man and woman that is non-consensual. You were of sane mind when he touched you, kissed and fondled, comot cloth, comot undies and finished project, so why make excuses?

One was even askinng me that so if I had a bf I wouldn't sleep with him. And I replied that it's only in this century that sleeping with a man just because he's courting you is viewed as perfectly normal. That view is what made me realise that the world has been taken over by madness the likes of which TB Joshua cannot cure.

I have made a personal decision not to involve myself in fornication and I have been pro-active about it by ensuring that I stay away from 'dangerous' situations. I have tons of male friends some of whom have expressed their interests and have been turned down, if I must meet them, we meet in public places. I do not subscribe to meeting males in private, staying out late with guys who I know little of or generally being in uncomfortable situations. Of course I sometimes come off as a shrewd or frigid, but you have to take some things, better that than ashawo or public toilet

If you have made a decision to be sexually active, then don't make excuses for it. Don't present yourself as a victim of the 'superior male intellect'. I dey kpansh, I dey kpansh, dem no fit kill pesin ontop that one. Call 10 litres of petrol what it is, don't present 10 litres as 15 litres or say "it's supposed to be 10 litres, but the attendant cheated me"

Be who you are and stand for something.

Thank you smiley
Hmmmm safari girl...nice write up. In my few weeks on NL, have heard bits about you. Thumbs up for the idealistic approach you have adopted in this case of sexual travesty. But that being said, i hope you are aware that your opinnion might not go down well with some die hard female chavunists. When the axe come waxing, call on me dear.

Welldone, i wish my ex-es would see this and stop that "honey why are yu doin dis afta yu don chop my chocolate"
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by naijaboiy: 7:31pm On May 26, 2015
winner01:
im dissapointed at ur reply, guys like this intimidate u into falling for their pranks....sex b4 marriage is not good......the world is polluted...neglect those who think otherwise else ull find urself on that train soon.
Why not allow everybody live their life the way they deem it fit to?

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 7:34pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:

You called me ignorant.

Okay, maybe I didn't word my phrase right, It was never my intent to opine that, whatever the law recognises as immoral must be deemed immoral by all, I rather meant that, whatever is lawful must be obeyed and remember that this discourse about laws being immoral, stems from your 'weird' analogy of a thief.

I was just saying that, a thief is considered a thief by all and everyone agrees with that, therefore, we all see it as immoral, even a thief won't be proud to say he's a thief because he will be a pariah.

I never said I see homosexualism as immoral, if I remember correctly, I said I have no issue with it.

Do you see the flaw in the comparison? Not everyone agrees that gay is immoral but, the world over, thievery is a grievous crime.

How can you compare Nigeria to Turkey? Now c'mon.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winner01(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2015
joseph1832:
If that fire truly burns then I'll ask why didn't it burn your parents?.

No insult Intended!.
guy go sleep, she roasted u!!!
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by childluck(m): 7:34pm On May 26, 2015
Lots of sense.

When you walk in the rain should you complain of getting wet?

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by scentmarlc(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2015
winner01:
and you are A pope or angel gabriel. Abeg leave the girl alone. Its people like you that have presented themselves above heavenly angels that lives a double life. Be real, be principled, and above all, be human.

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winner01(m): 7:35pm On May 26, 2015
naijaboiy:

Why not allow everybody live their life the way they deem it fit to?
m sure u saw wer i said neglect those who think otherwise...
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winner01(m): 7:43pm On May 26, 2015
scentmarlc:
and you are A pope or angel gabriel. Abeg leave the girl alone. Its people like you that have presented themselves above heavenly angels that lives a double life. Be real, be principled, and above all, be human.
na u con no ooo... so cos ive highlighted the wrong, i don turn angel.....newsflash: there are still many sane people out there.....
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 7:46pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
You called me ignorant.

Okay, maybe I didn't word my phrase right, It was never my intent to opine that, whatever the law recognises as immoral must be deemed immoral by all, I rather meant that, whatever is lawful must be obeyed and remember that this discourse about laws being immoral, stems from your 'weird' analogy of a thief.

I was just saying that, a thief is considered a thief by all and everyone agrees with that, therefore, we all see it as immoral, even a thief won't be proud to say he's a thief because he will be a pariah.

I never said I see homosexualism as immoral, if I remember correctly, I said I have no issue with it.

Do you see the flaw in the comparison? Not everyone agrees that gay is immoral but, the world over, thievery is a grievous crime.

How can you compare Nigeria to Turkey? Now c'mon.

If I get you right, you are saying you can only be moral or immoral based on what a man made law says?

You don't see homosexuality as immoral but the Nigerian law condemns it outrightly with a 14 years imprisonment? Sorry but am yet to understand your point as it is not consistent.

I was Comparing Nigeria to turkey as per you saying fornication can never be an offence. .Go to islamic countries and fornicate openly okay?

A thief's act is not seen as a wrong act by all, even though it is an immoral act. I gave you the analogy of a thief because it was infact very common with my roomates in school back then. They do not see their yahoo yahoo 419 scam to the white man as stealing because the white man stole from us years back? Now does this mean stealing isnt immoral? That was my point which is very easy to conprehend.

Anyone that truly know the meaning of immorality knows that homosexuality is immoral, they may not see it as an offence, thus not supporting the bill to be passed to law but that doesn't mean they don't see it as an immoral act. For example, I wont support the fornication bill to be passed to law but that doesn't mean that fornication is morally okay.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by preetyb(f): 7:50pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
but explain this part oo.. am not justifying forn sha

What i am saying is most youths and teenagers of now justify fornication by saying they were made to always respond to sexual urge when ever they feel it else God wont have created them to start having sexual urge at their teen and youthful age without being married first.

In other words they are saying fornication is not a sin.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 7:52pm On May 26, 2015
preetyb:

What i am saying is most youth and teenagers of now justify fornication by saying they were made to always respond to sexual urge when ever they feel it else God wont have created them to start having sexual urge at their teen and youthful age without being married first.

In other words they are saying fornication is not a sin.
ok..but we still have as per this subject, maybe not now sha
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by eightsin(m): 7:54pm On May 26, 2015
joseph1832:
True that bro!. Lemme even ask the OP safarigirl, are you a virgin?. If you are then how come you condemn something you've not experienced first hand and if you aren't how come you chastise those who engage in sexual intercourse?.

Lol. Na question b that o
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winner01(m): 7:56pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
It's not a one size fits all thing, you can't impose your definition of what is immoral on people. Morality is subjective.
my sister, u don show for here again...."morality is subjective".. lol,, jus kidding...how r u.
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by safarigirl(f): 8:00pm On May 26, 2015
winner01:
i'm not trying to make anyone feel good about my post, i'm trying to make people be realiistic so forgive me if my reply is disappointing.

Everyone has a right to do whatever, on judgment day it will be just you and God. Then we will all account for our actions
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by freecocoa(f): 8:00pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:

If I get you right, you are saying you can only be moral or immoral based on what a man made law says?

You don't see homosexuality as immoral but the Nigerian law condemns it outrightly with a 14 years imprisonment? Sorry but am yet to understand your point as it is not consistent.

I was Comparing Nigeria to turkey as per you saying fornication can never be an offence. .Go to islamic countries and fornicate openly okay?

A thief's act is not seen as a wrong act by all, even though it is an immoral act. I gave you the analogy of a thief because it was infact very common with my roomates in school back then. They do not see their yahoo yahoo 419 scam to the white man as stealing because the white man stole from us years back? Now does this mean stealing isnt immoral? That was my point which is very easy to conprehend.
Seriously, I'd like to continue the discourse but I can't, if you say that stealing isn't considered wrong by all. Like seriously? Now it's down to some people only stealing from whites? Does stealing have categories now?some accepted and some not? Are we really having this conversation?

Can those your yahoo friend boldly tell that anyone in a sane or even any country at all ?(even as mad a Nigerian is, I dare your friends to go say it on TV/Radio).

Can a gay person go on TV anywhere in the world and say they are proud to be gay?
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Seriously, I'd like to continue the discourse but I can't, if you say that stealing isn't considered wrong by all. Like seriously? Now it's down to some people only stealing from whites? Does stealing have categories now?some accepted and some not? Are we really having this conversation?

Can those your yahoo friend boldly tell that anyone in a sane country?(even as mad a Nigerian is, I dare your friends to go say it on TV/Radio).

Now you are thinking like me.. Can you go to a sane and upright country and tell anyone that fornication is morally right? Now its down to what some people think about fornication that determines whether it is immoral or not?

I hate to say this but you have only butressed my point by contradicting your own points, I still don't get you sha grin
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by haibe(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2015
freecocoa:

Can a gay person go on TV anywhere in the world and say they are proud to be gay?

Oh yes.. I watched Ellen DeGeneres say this some time ago.. A lot others have said it openly and proudly too.. I guess you aren't aware much about the western world
Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by winner01(m): 8:14pm On May 26, 2015
safarigirl:
i'm not trying to make anyone feel good about my post, i'm trying to make people be realiistic so forgive me if my reply is disappointing.

Everyone has a right to do whatever, on judgment day it will be just you and God. Then we will all account for our actions
u were tryn to adjust ur msg in ur reply....not cool

1 Like

Re: Justifying Sexual Immorality In 21st Century by preetyb(f): 8:14pm On May 26, 2015
haibe:
ok..but we still have as per this subject, maybe not now sha

Alright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Is Going On With Ladies ? / Why Can't Our Girls Stay In One Place? / Lady Accuses Eno Obong Okon Of Deceiving Her With Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.