Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,683 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian (36228 Views)

FG Converts Badeh’s Property To Office - The Punch / Breaking! Scores Killed In Yola Blast / Buhari First 7 Horrible Acts Since Becoming President Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by flerKys(f): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
The politicians are playing politics with our lives in Nigeria and we the citizens are jubilating and scoring points with human lives! So sad. Do we know who's next? Think and don't be blinded by hatred. PMB was said to be the brain behind the boko haram then but now he's in power. Why didn't the bombing stop? All the bombing here and there on a daily basis is just because PMB said the military command will be relocated to Maiduguri so as to maintain peace in the state but some greedy and selfish people who are behind it and are trying hard to frustrate the effort of the present administration by the distraction they're causing everyday with the bombing. Nigerins should wake up because Nobody knows who's Next!!!
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by azpekuliar: 4:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
Goahead:
shut the f!ck up.

cheesy grin When GEJ dey dia, dem gree join hand with GEJ to fight BH? Make Ogun strike that im mouth wey e use take talk dat tin...
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by azpekuliar: 4:22pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Timeline of BH Attacks From May 29 till Date
-Friday, May 29, 2015: Boko Haram Rocket kills 7 in Maiduguri(Premium Times)

-Saturday, May 30, 2015: 26 Killed, 30 injured in Boko Haram suicide attack in Maiduguri Mosque(CNN)

-Tuesday, June 2, 2015: Over 50 killed in Maiduguri Market to BH Bomb Blast (Reuters)

-Wednesday, June 3, 2015: Bomb -planted in Maiduguri Commercial Area kill many (PremiumTimes)

-Thursday, June 4 2015: Suicide Attack at Military Check point, Maiduguri (Premium Times)

-Thursday, June 4 2015: Over 31 -killed in Adamawa state to Boko Haram Attack

Total Number of Death:±100

Has Osinbajo visited the scenes of all these blasts yet?

4 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by vega84(m): 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
ApC change! Oya Oga general the ball is in ur court! Kill them bokos! #vegatalks
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Maser: 4:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
Either way, Haters would blame him! Assuming PMB was a magician and crushed Boko Haram on his first day in office, Idiots here would claim he had called his 'boys' to order as the chief sponsor of Boko Haram hence the magic. On the other hand, now it has only been a few days he's in office, they are here again blaming him for not having crushed them the minute he took office.

Methinks they hate him cos they're bad losers who still haven't got over GEJ's loss. Meanwhile GEJ himself has moved on.

1 Like

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Tunmich: 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2015
atlwireles:
There is a difference between campaign and governance. Who are they going to blame now

Let them blame GEJ for their predicaments. Yeye they smell

3 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by mrmetoo1: 4:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
mployer:

That's the problem I have with APC supporters. You all know what you want but you keep seeking for it from the wrong source.

You want communication in government but you didn't notice that PMB is not a good communicator during his campaign. He Neva spoke more than 3 minutes in all his campaign rallies.

I know you want the kind public enlightenment Fashola put in place during the Ebola fight. But that didn't happen overnight. Fashola has been a good communicator from the days of his campaign and somebody that understand the power of the media.

You know what you want but PMB doesn't have it... that's the disappointment I am talking about.

This the reason why its not Buhari doing all the work by himself. This is the reason I said one would have thought communication would be in the forefront because his media guys were his first set of appointments and they were done relatively quickly. Buhari doesn't need to speak to get his word/wishes out there. Take for example the campaign you mentioned, most of us had an idea how the campaign would go because they was a clear outline on states they'll go and when. Even when they deviated from the original timetable you had people that were constantly giving us updates on where they were and where they were going next. It wasn't Buhari personally telling us all this but we knew because it was coming from particular people in his campaign team.

The white house holds a press briefing every single day not attended by the president but his media person and the white house press so that people who care to know are kept abreast of whatever is going on in the country. This is the kind of communication I'll like to see not just a president that talks all the time

1 Like

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Iyoma2(f): 4:33pm On Jun 05, 2015
You can't sow rice n reap yam. he made GEJ government ugovernable, his own will not Just be ungovernable but miserable and we Nigeria will survive.

5 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
mrmetoo1:

This the reason why its not Buhari doing all the work by himself. This is the reason I said one would have thought communication would be in the forefront because his media guys were his first set of appointments and they were done relatively quickly. Buhari doesn't need to speak to get his word/wishes out there. Take for example the campaign you mentioned, most of us had an idea how the campaign would go because they was a clear outline on states they'll go and when. Even when they deviated from the original timetable you had people that were constantly giving us updates on where they were and where they were going next. It wasn't Buhari personally telling us all this but we knew because it was coming from particular people in his campaign team.

The white house holds a press briefing every single day and its not attended by the president but people who care to know are kept abreast of whatever is going on in the country. This is the kind of communication I'll like to see not just a president that talks all the time

Are you appealing to Buhari to retain the same APC media team because Buhari has since appointed an ab0ki.

3 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by teufelein(f): 4:36pm On Jun 05, 2015
[b]Buhari Aka Terrorist Elect Buhari And His Boko Haram Children - Must Read!

Don't be fooled because the info below will be used as a justification for stealing money from Biafraland to fund amnesty to Buhari-sponsored Boko Haram Terrorists:

"Timeline of BH Attacks From May 29 till Date

Friday, May 29 2015 - Boko Haram Rocket kills 7 in Maiduguri(Premium Times)
Saturday, 30 May 2015 - 26 Killed, 30 injured in Boko Haram suicide attack in Maiduguri Mosque(CNN)
Tuesday, 2 June 2015 - Over 50 killed in Maiduguri Market to BH Bomb Blast (Reuters)
Wednesday, 3 June 2015 - Bomb -planted in Maiduguri Commercial Area kill many (PremiumTimes)
Thursday, 4 June 2015 - Suicide Attack at Military Check point, Maiduguri (Premium Times)
Thursday, 4 June 2015 - Over 13 -killed in Adamawa state to Boko Haram Attack
Friday, 5 June 2015 A SUICIDE bomber on Friday June 5, 2015 attacked Police Headquarters in the north east Nigerian city of Maiduguri, killing dozens of people, a hospital official said Friday amid warnings that the situation in the city is worsening.
A hospital official said the bodies were brought on Friday to the hospital from outside the police headquarters in Maiduguri.
Over 30 people were hospitalised with injuries from the blast, the official on condition of anonymity because he is not allowed to speak to press
The attack occurred on Friday around noon at the gate of the headquarters, said Borno State police chief, Bala Hassan. ( Daily Independent Newspaper)
Total Number of Death:± Above 150"[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Rexyl(m): 4:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
All these terrorist killing and destruction the first week of president Buhari in office? What a disheartening record! Those killed couldn't have thought of this. Who knows what happens next? Wake up call for President Buhari to separate those behaving like animals from good and peace-loving people of the North.

2 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
atlwireles:
There is a difference between campaign and governance. Who are they going to blame now

yea,,, correct, I hope APc work, cous If dey don't, I ain't voting em 2019,, jst wish jona was in another party PDP was too corrupt 4 GEJ, we voted PDP out not GEJ, I hope I won't regret my actions

God bless Nigeria
#God bless my Good people of SS

1 Like

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by atlwireles: 4:41pm On Jun 05, 2015
[s]
Goodboiyy:

yea,,, correct, I hope APc work, cous If dey don't, I ain't voting em 2019,, jst wish jona was in another party PDP was too corrupt 4 GEJ, we voted PDP out not GEJ, I hope I won't regret my actions

God bless Nigeria
#God bless my Good people of SS
[/s]

Impostor don't quote me.
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by mrmetoo1: 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Are you appealing to Buhari to retain the same APC media team because Buhari has since appointed an ab0ki.

Its the same person Garba Shehu and as far as I know he kept all the young people that worked closely with him during the campaign, at least the few in leadership roles and more importantly if they chose to continue in those roles. You must think by using the word "aboki" it takes anything away from the man but it doesn't go check his qualifications, name calling can't take that away from him.
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Sant1m: 4:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
Mykevp2p:
These Boko boys no dey hear word.. I thought the country is on a 100 days recess?

Under GEJ we were told how useless the Nigeria military is, corruption in high places and low moral..... 1 week in, still we have the same service chiefs, the same tactics.... oh I forgot, it's not 100 days yet lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
in your quest to find reason to hate and smear the image of Mr president, PDP e-rats ve failed to understand that what is happening now is just an overflow from GEj Govt. We like it or not this Govt, is 6days old, the 8th Assembly is not even in place yet. For God sake without been mischievous under 7days is not enough time to judge a new wife let alone a new Govt.
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by mrmetoo1: 4:43pm On Jun 05, 2015
Iyoma2:
You can't sow rice n reap yam. he made GEJ government ugovernable, his own will not Just be ungovernable but miserable and we Nigeria will survive.

He made it ungovernable shey, so who's making his ungovernable now?
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by MrT2011(m): 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Timeline of BH Attacks From May 29 till Date
-Friday, May 29, 2015: Boko Haram Rocket kills 7 in Maiduguri(Premium Times)

-Saturday, May 30, 2015: 26 Killed, 30 injured in Boko Haram suicide attack in Maiduguri Mosque(CNN)

-Tuesday, June 2, 2015: Over 50 killed in Maiduguri Market to BH Bomb Blast (Reuters)

-Wednesday, June 3, 2015: Bomb -planted in Maiduguri Commercial Area kill many (PremiumTimes)

-Thursday, June 4 2015: Suicide Attack at Military Check point, Maiduguri (Premium Times)

-Thursday, June 4 2015: Over 31 -killed in Adamawa state to Boko Haram Attack

Total Number of Death:±100

Are u leaving behind fulani cattle herdsmen silent genocide terror on middle belt? Don't also ignor the trendy killer tankers on prowl. Remember last year we were issued security warning on their upcoming new target of using tankers and cows to commit genocide.

The change is here.

2 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by finestiyke(m): 4:44pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Buhari is a semiliterate

Ain't notin Literate abt that Daura Farmer

3 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by shaqhead: 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
mrmetoo1:

He made it ungovernable shey, so who's making his ungovernable now?
Jamb Question.... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Sant1m:
in your quest to find reason to hate and smear the image of Mr president, PDP e-rats ve failed to understand that what is happening now is just an overflow from GEj Govt. We like it or not this Govt, is 6days old, the 8th Assembly is not even in place yet. For God sake without been mischievous under 7days is not enough time to judge a new wife let alone a new Govt.

How long should we give your Buhari? A month, a year or an entire term?

But he did not waste time to get the presidential jet ready to go visit his Fulani and Arab cousins in Niger, Chad and Sudan.

People are dying everyday.

Tell the dead that Buhari just resumed and is still tossing.

6 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
Not at all
azpekuliar:

Has Osinbajo visited the scenes of all these blasts yet?

3 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 05, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Its the same person Garba Shehu and as far as I know he kept all the young people that worked closely with him during the campaign, at least the few in leadership roles and more importantly if they chose to continue in those roles. You must think by using the word "aboki" it takes anything away from the man but it doesn't go check his qualifications, name calling can't take that away from him.

So you want him to reinstate the e-rodents from the Southwest?
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
MrT2011:

Are u leaving behind fulani cattle herdsmen silent genocide terror on middle belt? Don't also ignor the trendy killer tankers on prowl. Remember last year we were issued security warning on their upcoming new target of using tankers and cows to commit genocide.

The change is here.
Bros, I wonder where the President is

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by mrmetoo1: 4:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

How long should we give your Buhari? A month, a year or an entire term?

But he did not waste time to get the presidential jet ready to go visit his Fulani and Arab cousins in Niger, Chad and Sudan.

People are dying everyday.

Tell the dead that Buhari just resumed and is still tossing.

Everyone loves to complain, everyone can complain. According to you, what do you think he could have done different in this first week to prevent those bombings?? This is not Boko Haram occupying regions, this is random lone suicide bombers.

Please your answer shouldn't include "eh when Jonathan was there..."
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Rexyl(m): 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
MrT2011:

The change is here.

You mean the killer groups are now in categories, or those happenings are just a coincidence! Anyway the country lacks proper handling and investigation of cases to their real roots.
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by ocelot2006(m): 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
donsmall94:
And the bashing continues, haterz will talk but at the end We Shall Overcome. God Bless Nigeria. smiley

Keep overcoming on naira land while Nigerians are being killed. Even the military offensive under GEJ has now stalled under GMB. But hey, keep talking

3 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by shaqhead: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Everyone loves to complain, everyone can complain. According to you, what do you think he could have done different in this first week to prevent those bombings?? This is not Boko Haram occupying regions, this is random lone suicide bombers.

My boss u get time they try put sense into that fella...hmm...mo elbow to ur grease grin grin cool...I hail!
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by mrmetoo1: 4:54pm On Jun 05, 2015
Ok I guess I can kinda take back a little what I said about failure in communication, just saw Femi Adeshina's tweets and I guess he's yet to resume officially but I know Garba Shehu has resumed so this is why I'm not totally taking it back.

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by MrT2011(m): 4:56pm On Jun 05, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, I wonder where the President is

He's in our mouth! grin let's spit him out to start performing.
"Delay is Dangerous" undecided
Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2015
mrmetoo1:

So bokos where not doing random suicide bombings under jonathan?

Your Buhari should be grateful that a month prior to handover Jonathan had successfully repelled the Islamists from occupied territitories.

But since Buhari was sworn in the bokos have increased their attacks and are recapturing territories and also Fulani militias have become more daring in their attacks in the middle belt.

All indication points that Buhari is not paying due attention to security in the north and middle belt.

3 Likes

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by mrmetoo1: 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

So bokos where not doing random suicide bombings under jonathan?

Your Buhari should be grateful that a month prior to handover Jonathan had successfully repelled the Islamists from occupied territitories.

But since Buhari was sworn in the bokos have increased their attacks and are recapturing territories and also Fulani militias have become more daring in their attacks in the middle belt.

All indication points that Buhari is not paying due attention to security in the north and middle belt.

Excuse my french but all Boko Haram are doing right now is a penis (I guess NL autocorrects but i hope you catch my drift) measuring contest. Its just very unfortunate that we're paying with lives. Why do you think they've intensified bombings, they want to act like they're not intimidated.

During Jonathan's tenure and you can check my history I never criticized until they started capturing territories because honestly how do you stop random bombers that are not wearing uniforms or carrying flags. Only thing I said then was Nigeria needs a proper intelligence agency because that's the only way this type of war can be fought. Investigate people, follow the money, follow the food supplies, follow the weapon supplies. What are these bombs made from?? Were the materials for the bombs sourced locally or do they have to be imported. Its all this info I expected from the GEJ govt and this is what I'm now expecting from the PMB government but to think I expect that they could have done anything to prevent these attacks is being unrealistic.

Actually this is still one of those things we're still inheriting from the past government because if this had been dealt with properly they won't be showing their faces right now. We're still suffering the consequence of an ineffective government.

This would have been the same way you guys would have been blaming Buhari if that crippling fuel scarcity started this week

1 Like

Re: Scores Killed In Buhari’s First Week In Office: The Guardian by MrT2011(m): 5:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
Rexyl:

You mean the killer groups are now in categories, or those happenings are just a coincidence! Anyway the country lacks proper handling and investigation of cases to their real roots.

Bro u don't need their deceptive investigation to figureout the mission of the jihadist.
Just go back on this thread alone and read the pasted comments of El Rufai and you'll have a hint of what is going on in this damninable country.
Many Nigerians have short memory. Imagine they have forgotten this earlier warning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Appoints 72-yr Old Carpenter and illiterate As Council Boss / GRV’s Mother Calls Herself Mother Of Incoming Governor, Bashes Election Process / Bomb Explosion At Bus Station In Damaturu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.