Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,471 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (85983 Views)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Gboliwe: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
taryour:

Lol, if I dint open this thread I wouldn't know you mentioned me. * taryour* . Goodevening sis. Like you know how much I love dodo ikire I so love it I can't have enough of it but truthfully I don't even know how its prepared, I only know they use over ripe plantain, pepper and palm oil. Another thing I love like dodo ikire is *adun* .

Funny enough I used to wish I had the chance to do this palm kennel stuff o but I never got the chance too. While I schooled in imo state okigbwe road ( FGGC Owerri ) * during otokoto crises * I used to spend my midterm with my guardian, her eldest daughter does it and I usually begged her to let me do but she always refused, so I just sit and watch her. Lol

You schooled in FGGC? Then you must know Aunty Lizzy Mba (she was my guardian. I did two terms in my Jss1 and left the school)

@topic, I have never seen it done this way before but I have participated a couple of times in processing oil but in the modern way at the mill. This method should be very strenuous and tiring and won't work for a farmer with a large output in mind.

BTW, the girl doing this is pretty. Prettier than that one trying to demean her.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by itops(f): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...
Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me

waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment..
I knw they would deny it

get away you, what do u understand by village girl or you want to claim whay you are not. nonsense and foolish mentality like u.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by stalione(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:

looking @ it is irritating bt it might be fun doing it
hey this common village girl will u shot up n stop forming wot u know ua not,cnt u see ur pix looks so timid n dirty,mtchewwwww lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
Didn't grow up there but i did when i visited my nan, Imo state ( okigwe)
I really enjoyed it
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Vick4rill(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating... Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me
waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment.. I knw they would deny it
jst as u are denying it now
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by xreal: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
I wish I had the opportunity to do that.

Mehn! Village life sweet o.
See clean vegetation at the back yard.
Just pluck and cook, fresh things, that's the reason why cancer and the likes run far away from the villagers.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by 12month: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
Gosh. Just went 2 the kitchen to look at the palm oil again. Ar u kidding me? sad
If na dat girl for d first pic, I fit take am.

But these dirty pits no no

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by styno(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Nawa to some girls sha...
Okay na me be village girl number one...I did it
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...

Correct babe, na your papa born you.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Octaves(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
why is she not using mortar and pestle? that's how we used to do it
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by vikky233(f): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by NeilOssai(m): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
....n U don't hv a village? Ɣ U re from Washington DC...,,,..coke Brain.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by mamziii(f): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
himkers:

Who u dey form for? kiss

and she resemble viillage girl wella even paSs som girls wey b village girl. C monkey forming banana

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by 1miccza: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it

Your face resemble all those mgbeke for village own sef see as you be like Nkemji the village champion!!

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by itops(f): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
It is not irritating.

It is fun.

I did it many times n I loved it.

thank you, never been as fun as it is and an experience of its own. though our method was not d matching method anyways, ours is the sand mortar pounding method.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by queensmith: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
peeta89:
Which lady go agree say she grow up for village? Every lady of nowadays na city babe's. Click like if u r a city Babe and click share if u grew up in d village.

I grew up in the village. Nothing wrong with it.

I do know Nigerians love doing that. Some will fake accents or make fun of those with dialects. It's ignorant nonsense.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
hardbody:

Now this is extreme....haba

We both know u are kidding, right?
I swear, I'm damn serious, they will be soaked in the unprocessed oil that, they can't come out to ease themselves na until dey are thru.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Sigo86(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it

No dey form 4here... blinkzy be ur nairaland profile name bt 4real, ur name na Bilikisu....

No lie sey u neva do dis kine thn 4ur village in osogbo ooo angry

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by tpiadotcom: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
Private sector again.

I guess people believe nigeria is a jungle.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by obinto: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
Give me that girl to marry
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by lonelydora: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
Wow. Nostalgic feelings
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Vick4rill(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...
indirectly denying it again. The question is for village girls madam
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Joshuadon: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2015
himkers:

Who u dey form for? kiss

ma guy u get sense cheesy
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by M4gunners: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2015
coogar:

maybe you would prefer this one then.....

[img]http://4.bp..com/-4RK2UOgtPCc/T5l90tB2HgI/AAAAAAAAAG0/JrUz3DpgGCs/s1600/bacita.jpg[/img]
This is the type of girl i want to marry when I'm ready to marry.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Melasam(f): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
yes dey will deny it jst lik u did
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Rooy57(m): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
like you are better than those girls from the village! mtcheew
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by oluwashegunfunm(m): 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Can you Please upload your pic ?
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by akigbemaru: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
girl on a palm kernels.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by vision2050: 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
It made one to look old early. Very tiring job. not fun to me. I prefer machine, this is suffering.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by enomakos(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
cococandy:
I did. Not with feet though.
Whenever I visited my grandma I would do that with her. I used to pick the kernels out of the mould will the big guys would do the heavy pounding with tall pestles for her.

You don't have to grow up in the village to do that.

The sweetest part is roasting yam,plantain and cocoyam in the open fire then use the fresh oil with scent leaf and scotch bonnet pepper to eat it.

Last time I did it, I even took pictures. Don't know where I kept the pictures even.

Aww. Mma nke ukwu embarassed

How I miss her cry
roasted yam and cocoyam with oil i miss it

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Sigo86(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
qbd2:
Wharris dis

Na Telemundo angry angry angry
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by MissyB3(f): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
I refuse to believe those photos are real!
So all those times I desperately wolfed down yam and red oil like it was the sole purpose of my existence, I've been doing nothing but enjoying people's sweat and spit ? shocked shocked I haff die!!!

Coogar, God will not forgive you for posting those photos and your vivid description angry cry

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by UjSizzle(f): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
Never seen this done before, but it looks like fun grin

I'm curious though, how do you manage to stomp hot palm fruits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pakistani Man Buys Land On Moon As Wedding Gift For His Wife / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Isa Suleiman And Janine Sanchez Reimann, His American Wife Jet OutTo California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.