Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (85950 Views)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Korrection(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
seriously...the village girl fine pass you..take a good look at her skin and nails..then her chest.. tongue.this one can do anything to keep her home...loving her
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...
Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me

waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment..
I knw they would deny it
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Tallesty1(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2015
itops:

thank you, never been as fun as it is and an experience of its own. though our method was not d matching method anyways, ours is the sand mortar pounding method.
It really was but things has changed now. Most people use machine now
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by darlenese(f): 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
OMG cry cry cry shocked shocked sad

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by gpokraki(m): 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
If I hear .... Girls they are extra and over Lazy #FAKEGILRS
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
Before mother (RIP) got the oil palm mill with the diesel lister engine, she used to wake me up by 5AM to come and pound the palm fruit after spending sleepless night to cook it in a big drum. I have pounded this stuff like so many times when I was in secondary school before going to school and believe me its not easy, we had to hire people who pound and sing since I was too fragile to do anything, they were paid tokens. I knew I couldnt function in terms of manual jobs, I had to bury my head in books. They pounded and sing to the rythmn pounding on wooden mortar. Now, there are no more large trees to make big mortars, she acquired lister engine and milling machines to do the job. The mill is still there at the village and and I fenced around it as a reminder of our heroic past. it brings back memories of a determination of our mothers to raise us all. These days, our wives even think that cooking for us is not obligation. We must remain thankful to technologies.

5 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
This is disguisting... Why the fvck would you put your legs in what people would consume?

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Miner13: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
I guess this is only happening in the east and south-south

I have not seen this before, beside is it after it has cool down or when hot?

Cc: ideyhere coogar taryour

Explain it angry

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
Gosh im disgusted!!..
The first pix isnt that bad but the rest is just horribly horrific

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by viczing(m): 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:

looking @ it is irritating bt it might be fun doing it

Madam go restty
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by lilyblaz: 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
I know it is how to make plam oil kiss
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by BluStreak(m): 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
If I run into this type of village girl I will marry her many times over cos she is being real to herself. She is even more beautiful and well groomed than the ones here forming 'I no be village girl' Did ya'all noticed her well manicured nails? Abi na her beautiful skin? Even if she is posing for the camera, she got me with it. You go girl!
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by lawrence9999(m): 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
Op I am a guy groomed in the villa. I did it. My mom forced all of us both the girls and boys to do it. So is not only the girls that did it.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by UjSizzle(f): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
Octaves:
why is she not using mortar and pestle? that's how we used to do it
You'd probably kill yourself using a mortar and pestle to pound palm kernels in commercial quantity. But it's still done sha when there are a number of people who take turns pounding.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Berrymoss(f): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2015
Yeah. The palm oil making process. It's fun. Nostalgic about rit grin
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by SuzieeDee(f): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2015
coogar:

you think? grin
can you still remember the last soup you made with palm oil? this was exactly how it was made. grin

no wonder some people use to fry d oil ohhhhhh....till you start to choke someone and d person start COL aka coughing out loud then dey will be like "OK d oil is ready for use"
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nah... Instagram and Kardasian show won't let them.....
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by macdelene(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it

My dear I didn't Grew. up in the village but that's the native way of making palmoil that you use to cook, just remember that grin
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by maum: 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I understand why people stomp on grapes but why would anyone stomp on palm nuts?? I know for a fact that one's feet cannot achieve the result in that picture, palm nuts are hard.

So, what is the purpose of the feet?? Does it make the already pounded palm nuts smoother??

Trust me, people do it.
How did you think palm oil in large quantities was processed before the introduction of technological ways of doing thesame job?... That's it you're looking at right there on that photo
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Ayoolajumoke(f): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
I did it oooo, lol..... But when the palm kernel is too much, we do take it to its factory. (EKU)
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Kingsasian(m): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
I have seen this in my mom's village.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Korrection(m): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
Those days my mom used to tie it like garri in a sack on four strong icheku woods...we actually produced much way back..remember fresh oil with roasted unripe plantain in a mortar with fresh pepper...
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Wendy80(f): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
Ewuro4:

We've heard you. Butty Blinkzy cheesy
Don't mind that babe. like she owe us any explanation. The babe in the pic looks very fresh.
Btw not all palm oil pass thru ds process, so enjoy ur epo grin

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Caleycash(m): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Nawa to some girls sha...
Okay na me be village girl number one...I did it
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...
U go make good wife jare
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Berrymoss(f): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
shoo see this modern afor anu

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by VickJames(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
Whenever I see some girls comment on stuffs like this, I'm always pushed to check their profile. Some don't usually put their pictures as display picture but go to the extent to fall your hand by snapping close to a bush.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by UjSizzle(f): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
Tallesty1:
It really was but things has changed now. Most people use machine now
How did you manage the heat from the palm kernels? I know even using my hands for this stuff (in small quantity) is punishment talk more of feet.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Roseey0(f): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
we use mortal and pestle
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by lambarey: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Nawa to some girls sha...
Okay na me be village girl number one...I did it
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...

Walahi I love u

U r d true daughter of d soil
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by chrisifeanyi: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2015
where I come from we DONT go through these crude and disgusting method to process our palm oil.
Even before the invention of oil milling machine we DONT stomp. Able bodied men will use long pestle and pound it in a big mortar or drum buried in the ground. Women will do the job of separating the palm nut from the mixture before the pressing mill will now press it to bring out palm oil. Is much easier now cos machine does everything. Cook-pound-separate-pressing and you are good to go.
Palm oil processed with this method does not congeal no matter how long you keep it.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Prettydiamond(f): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
But u look like a village girl
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
This picture looks recent, who still uses the feet in this 2015?
My in-laws process palm oil for industrial purposes gaan, and they don't use their feet. They use a grinding mill, automatic one sef. angry

Even before the advent of mills, the men pound!
The locals don't use their feet either, they use mortars or home mill.

I don't like it, it looks disgusting. This isn't me forming abegg

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Pakistani Man Buys Land On Moon As Wedding Gift For His Wife / Isa Suleiman And Janine Sanchez Reimann, His American Wife Jet OutTo California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.