Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,245 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (86050 Views)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by wisekriss: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...
Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me

waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment..
I knw they would deny it

Olodo!!!! How am I sure u not from Nsukka. ..I wonder who seeker for ur comment since u ain't one. Jezzzz I hate chic that form. Ode!!!
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Emyogalanya: 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2015
Like you just did ? And can you pls define "disgusting" how did you arrive at that phrase since u did not do it how do you describe something you did not practice explain
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Bolosiye: 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
cococandy:
I did. Not with feet though.
Whenever I visited my grandma I would do that with her. I used to pick the kernels out of the mould will the big guys would do the heavy pounding with tall pestles for her.

You don't have to grow up in the village to do that.

The sweetest part is roasting yam,plantain and cocoyam in the open fire then use the fresh oil with scent leaf and scotch bonnet pepper to eat it.

Last time I did it, I even took pictures. Don't know where I kept the pictures even.

Aww. Mma nke ukwu embarassed

How I miss her cry
mehn! dis babe get interesting village experience
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Dinvictus: 3:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
taryour:

Lol, if I dint open this thread I wouldn't know you mentioned me. * taryour* . Goodevening sis. Like you know how much I love dodo ikire I so love it I can't have enough of it but truthfully I don't even know how its prepared, I only know they use over ripe plantain, pepper and palm oil. Another thing I love like dodo ikire is *adun* .

Funny enough I used to wish I had the chance to do this palm kennel stuff o but I never got the chance too. While I schooled in imo state okigbwe road ( FGGC Owerri ) * during otokoto crises * I used to spend my midterm with my guardian, her eldest daughter does it and I usually begged her to let me do but she always refused, so I just sit and watch her. Lol

Hi, what set were u? I finished in 2001
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by wisekriss: 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Nawa to some girls sha...
Okay na me be village girl number one...I did it
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...

(((((GBAM))))))
she has said it all...I wished I had a chance to do it as a boy...
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Neplusultra(f): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2015
obayaya:

The pictures Coogar posted are from the western part of the country... They're kinda for commercial production and are usually sited a distance from the house. mostly in farmlands

OP's picture is from the eastern part of the country particularly Nsukka axis.. You'll find that in almost every traditional kitchen in that axis.
Yes, I observed dat d Igbo way of extraction is not same with Yoruba, Iv not seen such well in dose pics in d east, dey use d type in dat first pic of d gal or mortar buried in d ground

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Emyogalanya: 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
The lord bless you and keep u etc and may the blessing of the almighty God the father, the son and the holy spirit descend upon u
ideyhere:
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you me, I don't regret it one bit...
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by chuks87(m): 3:08pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
ok forget abt d "legging"... buh u gonna deny u didnt use ur hands? i mean as in d process of preparing soup n stew frm.... u knw d rest... i knw u ll deny it again...
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by akee01(m): 3:11pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
and u fink u are beta than her
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
jimmy4x:

This is true, I even heard, when doz women are pressed, they urinate inside....I av witnessed Palm oil processing in the village many times.

Blood of Jesuus shocked shocked cry
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by benedictnsi(m): 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating... Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me
waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment.. I knw they would deny it

See her mouth......... Ode headmistress
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Midastorch(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
Ogbeni go siddon jhor. The girl on that picture fresh,clean and im sure shes is intelligent too.village smells over you comment
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by honourhim: 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it

The people u call village girls are more valuable than u. You sound like a waste than an african woman.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by SPAGGYYY(f): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:

Like serz i neva grew up in d villa not 2 talk abt pounding/mashing kernel with my foot
what dey are telling u is. Just formed...
Even if u are not a girl from d village u don't have to think those who did it at d village are inferior...
That is why dey got more morals than most ladies in the cities...

Looking @ d lady in d picture she looks more clean dan u...

So u don't need to draw attention to ur fake life..

Even if u don't do dat @ least u clean ur stinking poo with ur hands...now which is more irritating?

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by dvee2: 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
Are you serious, does it mean the palm oil we buy and eat is prepared this same way?
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Bonapart(m): 3:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
shut up... Adakaewa
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by kelvinclint(m): 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
himkers:

Who u dey form for? kiss
Trust me, that gurl is a villager.... :v
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by ibknaanii(m): 3:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I understand why people stomp on grapes but why would anyone stomp on palm nuts?? I know for a fact that one's feet cannot achieve the result in that picture, palm nuts are hard.

So, what is the purpose of the feet?? Does it make the already pounded palm nuts smoother??

I can my broda, but it would have bin cooked. Is fun anyway.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by nigerianvenom(m): 3:33pm On Jun 07, 2015
himkers:

Who u dey form for? kiss

taking a look at her u realise that she is worst compare to the so called village girl
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by smartprodigy: 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating... Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me
waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment.. I knw they would deny it
MUMU dey worry you
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by espn(m): 3:34pm On Jun 07, 2015
Feranchek:

Village dey even smell for her picture sef undecided
haha..my tots bro.. wlalahi u no get conscience oo.. very dirty looking gal..dey form papaz! I fit play inside mud..i dnt care! So far it makes me smile..
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by youngelder(m): 3:35pm On Jun 07, 2015
Who is actually a village girl? Is it being born in the village? cuz i know some 'mbeke' girls born in cities...
. and other girl was just forming 'i'm not a village girl'... mtcheeeew.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by felix281(m): 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
sharrraaaaap!!!!!....na who we go ask?...Village Idiota.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by blesoh(f): 3:38pm On Jun 07, 2015
RedBenson:

I dey jare. How Cali town?
calabar is fine.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by sinator(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
hu told u dat U are not a village girl?
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by saxy04: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...

I knw they would deny it
. Na you do am pass

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by JuanDeDios: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
eaglechild:

Those outdoor pits are from the SW.
Oh, really? I'm yet to witness traditional palm oil production in the SW so I don't know.
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by TS2(m): 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2015
ideyhere:
Stomping palm fruit doesn't reduce who you are. For one, it actually make your feet neater than any feet treatment ever could. It's a very enjoyable form of exercise (dancing)...and you end up producing something worthwhile (palm oil). The few times I did it at the villa,I actually had to beg to be allowed to do it...and believe you , I don't regret it one bit...

So after trekking all around the dirty village and to and from the stream you will now stomp on the palm kernel that people will consume it's oil. Isn't there a better and more hygienic way around it? Na wa.

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by TS2(m): 3:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
cococandy:
I did. Not with feet though.
Whenever I visited my grandma I would do that with her. I used to pick the kernels out of the mould will the big guys would do the heavy pounding with tall pestles for her.

You don't have to grow up in the village to do that.

The sweetest part is roasting yam,plantain and cocoyam in the open fire then use the fresh oil with scent leaf and scotch bonnet pepper to eat it.

Last time I did it, I even took pictures. Don't know where I kept the pictures even.

Aww. Mma nke ukwu embarassed

How I miss her cry

No meat?
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
No. My village is hygienic. *vomits at picture*
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by UjSizzle(f): 3:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nonso23:

Mehn talk about the devil and the deep blue sea. angry
Now i understand the saying: Ignorance is bliss grin grin

I go still dey eat my favorites o! I no send at all. If e never kill me since then e no fit kill me now cheesy
Lol that's the spirit. Remember that saying, "dirty water no get effect for African belle?" Well it counts here too grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Isa Suleiman And Janine Sanchez Reimann, His American Wife Jet OutTo California / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Wife Exposes Her Husband's Side Chick's Nude Photos On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.