Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,847 members, 7,817,508 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) (85975 Views)

15 Reasons Every Nigerian Grew Up With Trust Issues(pictures) / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom / 17 Pictures That Will Only Make Sense To People Who Grew Up In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Ewuro4: 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

are you kidding me?
this has been in existence since the fall of man in eden. sometimes the women are waist-deep in the palm oil with their dirty wrappers, spitting & sweating. it's what it is.....

Aghhhhh Diaris goduoo

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Ewuro4: 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

you think? grin
can you still remember the last soup you made with palm oil? this was exactly how it was made. grin

Coogar!!! cheesy pls hide the pic. What a nightmare!

5 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by ideyhere(f): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
Shollypopzz:

I understand why people stomp on grapes but why would anyone stomp on palm nuts?? I know for a fact that one's feet cannot achieve the result in that picture, palm nuts are hard.

So, what is the purpose of the feet?? Does it make the already pounded palm nuts smoother??

The process is something you can only understand by experiencing it...and when you do experience it, you'll find out that it doesn't hurt the feet and most importantly, you don't pound before stomping...the feet achieve that effect in just about 30 minutes or less (depending on your skill)

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Ewuro4: 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2015
taryour:

Yea very true. Once sighted a woman doing this tying only wrapper and one of her bOobs was practically uncovered.
Palm oil na palm oil jare, make soup dey sweet dey go. Lol

B00bless masher ? Gosh , no wonder the thing sweet on its own cheesy

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by coogar: 10:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ewuro4:

Coogar!!! cheesy pls hide the pic. What a nightmare!

maybe you would prefer this one then.....

[img]http://4.bp..com/-4RK2UOgtPCc/T5l90tB2HgI/AAAAAAAAAG0/JrUz3DpgGCs/s1600/bacita.jpg[/img]

4 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Ewuro4: 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

maybe you would prefer this one then.....

[img]http://4.bp..com/-4RK2UOgtPCc/T5l90tB2HgI/AAAAAAAAAG0/JrUz3DpgGCs/s1600/bacita.jpg[/img]

Gosh sad shocked shocked

coogaluta:

it's not true, @ dodo ikire
They just fry the over ripe plantains and kind use a mesh to form the shape wink
and @pic, what can I say? cheesy
it's fun doing those things cheesy

@dodo ikire , What a relief.

Fun and disgusting grin

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by cococandy(f): 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

you think? grin
can you still remember the last soup you made with palm oil? this was exactly how it was made. grin

Omg shocked cry
I'd never have thought. Now that I googled images, I'm seeing even worse ones. It's like they are dancing in the pool of oil. Gosh

Anyway I'm on the healthy eating track now. I don't do Palm oil anymore.

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by NobleAky(m): 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Whoever sees Lalalastica should help tell him to come and see how palm oil is being processed
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by coogar: 10:53pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:

Omg shocked cry
I'd never have thought. Now that I googled images, I'm seeing even worse ones. It's like they are dancing in the pool of oil. Gosh

Anyway I'm on the healthy eating track now. I don't do Palm oil anymore.

lololol.....
what about the ones you had swallowed in the past? trust me, it's rich in vitamins. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by cococandy(f): 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

lololol.....
what about the ones you had swallowed in the past? trust me, it's rich in vitamins. cheesy
those ones have entered the sewer. grin

Gone and forgotten

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by coogar: 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
cococandy:
those ones have entered the sewer. grin

Gone and forgotten

the ones your body retained nko? grin

4 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by NobleAky(m): 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2015
Lalalastica Viewing this thread now
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by iamrealdeji(m): 11:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
What the hell is this? Soak away? So disgusting,leg inside sh.it

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by iamrealdeji(m): 11:27pm On Jun 06, 2015
Esetim:
Stomping palm nuts? Wow! Must be tiring.
ok,i see,thought it was something else,so this is how they do it?
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by cococandy(f): 11:40pm On Jun 06, 2015
coogar:

the ones your body retained nko? grin
non chacha.

My body doesn't retain nasty stuff
smiley
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 06, 2015
Tufia!

I also heard that kwulikwuli makers roll it in their inner thighs
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 07, 2015
disgusting. poverty is a fat vag1na ✘
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Sparkle777(f): 1:25am On Jun 07, 2015
Frankly,am shocked and a bit appalled by how palm oil is being prcessed. Will never look at palm oil the same again.
Horrid.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by hayorbaami: 1:56am On Jun 07, 2015
OMG cry cry. These pictures are disgusting. The picture in the Op's original post, I can deal with but the ones posted by coogar and cococandy! Oh no shocked shocked sad!

I remember when I stopped eating locust beans because I saw one dirty looking woman dancing in a mortar full of unprocessed locust beans all In the name of processing it. I got home expressing my disgust and told my mum I was never gonna eat 'iru' anymore. She smiled and said only if I knew how palm oil is being processed but I shrugged.

I really can't believe what I'm seeing! It's not about the dirty legs and body anymore but the disgusting and extremely dirty pits and environment it is being made! Looks like they are recycling shyte in a soak away! Please who knows what's next after this mess. I mean, how is that fine finished product gotten?

10 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by cococandy(f): 4:29am On Jun 07, 2015
Sorry grin
hayorbaami:
OMG cry cry. These pictures are disgusting. The picture in the Op's original post, I can deal with but the ones posted by coogar and cococandy! Oh no shocked shocked sad!

I remember when I stopped eating locust beans because I saw one dirty looking woman dancing in a mortar full of unprocessed locust beans all In the name of processing it. I got home expressing my disgust and told my mum I was never gonna eat 'iru' anymore. She smiled and said only if I knew how palm oil is being processed but I shrugged.

I really can't believe what I'm seeing! It's not about the dirty legs and body anymore but the disgusting and extremely dirty pits and environment it is being made! Looks like they are recycling shyte in a soak away! Please who knows what's next after this mess. I mean, how is that fine finished product gotten?

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by SAMBARRY: 5:54am On Jun 07, 2015
coogar:
i know sambarry did this. she had a similar picture on her IG using her feet to stomp palm kernel. cheesy
lol I don't even do instagram and meanwhile this is the first time I am seeing how palm oil is produced and by the way what's up with the famzing? Abeg check next bustop

next
Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Kassidy90(m): 7:46am On Jun 07, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:
Its irritating...
Well am not a village girl, So d question ain't 4 me

waitn 4 d village girls 2 comment..
I knw they would deny it
See this one ooo, like say she no dey eat palm oil...mtchhhheeew empty forming

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by taryour(f): 8:19am On Jun 07, 2015
Ewuro4:

B00bless masher ? Gosh , no wonder the thing sweet on its own cheesy

Lol. Yes ooo. As long as the palm oil cooks well, nothing dey happen. And I haven't ever heard any bad thing about palm oil except that too much of it is bad which also applies to every other things.

My palm oil : equals to : ofada stew on point and afang soup. *winks*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:49am On Jun 07, 2015
Time to get rid of my palm oil. I never want to see palm oil ever again. WTF! shocked

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2015
There is nothing wrong with this.
I never did it but I will still eat my palm oil smiley.

Even then, that was how they made wines earlier.
Vegetables are grown in manure and fertilisers made up of dead animals, animal dung etc. No one has died.
you can also decide not to eat vegetables.

As long as the oil is heated at hight temperatures to get the main oil out.

At coogar, those six packs from the picture you posted. shocked.

Natural six packs.

8 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 07, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Time to get rid of my palm oil. I never want to see palm oil ever again. WTF! shocked

Look at you! The vegetables you eat what do you think makes it grow. Cow sh1t, dead animals grin

Until a better equipment is made available, we go dey chop the palm oil like that.

Very nutritious

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by MayflowerB(f): 10:43am On Jun 07, 2015
D oil isn't being sold like dis o.....it's being boiled for sometime to get d oil out.....I think dats enough to kill d germs in it

2 Likes

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 07, 2015
I did it,I still do it. Granny sometimes calls me to come home and help her with the processing.
We don't do our this way. we use a long mortar like the one the lady in the first pic is in,then with a very long pestle carved out from the branch of any hard wood.
Its fun,but tiresome. but the reward is usually worth it. Fresh palm oil,free from grease and engine oil like the ones processed in oil mills.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Pepunis(f): 11:03am On Jun 07, 2015
As a typical village Igbo girl proudly, that spent my first 18 yrs of my life in my lovey village, in my part of East Abia precisely, we use a big mortal rooted in the ground, with a long pistle to pound the nut after cooking it in a very large drum, we dont use our foot, but since there is an advancement in procession of palm oil, we now use machine in processing it, is over 12yrs i left my home for a greener marraige, I Love AlaIgbo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 11:20am On Jun 07, 2015

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Chubhie: 11:38am On Jun 07, 2015
Orsu mmanu!

1 Like

Re: For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2015
There are different methods..the girl in the picture must be an Nsukka person..thats d way they do theirs..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pakistani Man Buys Land On Moon As Wedding Gift For His Wife / Finally!! I Moved Out Of My Parents House!! / Isa Suleiman And Janine Sanchez Reimann, His American Wife Jet OutTo California

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.